• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Well, after playing Goat Sim for about an hour, I feel like I've already seen everything it has to offer. Still need to try the goat MMO, though.

Unless you're using a guide, it takes much longer than an hour to see everything. Like, have you been
to space
yet? Or
sacrificed any random people yet?
Visited a
drug dealers house and "accidentally" tasted his product?
There's so much random shit planted around the place, it's insane what you can do and find.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

In order to not detract too much further from discussion (and again, I'm sorry for everyone who has had their regularly scheduled SteamThread become too derailed), I've created a new Steam Group for us to use to discuss ideas, share favorite SteamGAF memories, and for me to communicate on progress. Major updates would still be posted in the thread, assuming there are any major updates to post.

Logo may just be temporary, I couldn't quite come up with something that didn't look kinda ugly in photoshop~

Posting for new page for us 50ppp plebs! Feel free to drop by and chat, too. Chariot's already pitched an interesting little idea there.

Hinomura

Neverending Nightmare, in my opinion, isn't all that great.

It's got an interesting art style, the audio is good, there's a few interesting ideas... But there's not too much more for me to say. Gameplay is... Okay, if not super simple. Mainly just walking left or right, looking for an item, some enemy avoidance or running from in places. And that'd even be okay... But the story completely lets itself down. Playing it, I knew it was going to be a game that would be made or broken by its story, and it just does not deliver. It has all this mystery, surrealism, themes, and absolutely no pay-off. I don't want to say too much, but the game has three-endings, and not the good kind. Basically, there's no real meaning to everything as the endings suggest different potential 'answers', and with that, are the most cliche-horror answers you could think of.

It's not terrible, worth it if interested, and there are some good scares (many front-loaded) and moments, but there's just not enough there, and what is there isn't backed up by a complete vision to be a worthwhile experience.

Just finished this (one ending).

It's not a masterpiece of gaming, but it's an interesting "experience". Loved the art style and had much more "fun" with this than with Knock Knock (which is quite similar, but I found it to be too slow and not really interesting).

As Dusk Golem noted, the story is not very clear (at least is what I get for the ending I got)
you got heavy mental diseases and you thought to have killed your sister / have your sister killed but you tried suicide a couple of times - as the two arms cut, the two fallings would point(???)
, but I've really liked the ambience. Appreciated that if you "die" you got a "shortcut" near the place you died, without spending meaningless walking.

A bit more of interactivity, gameplay variety and a more consistent "story line" could have tided to a much more favorable appreciation, and probably lead to a cult game.

Anyway, if someone misses a couple of games in the current humble weekly bundle and loves horror games, I advice to go for the 10$ tier (or more ^___^)!

Heck, it seems yesterday that for the price of a humble bundle you got a few pirate games on tape at the newsstand! And those loading times! ^___^

2SeeKU

Hahaha, oh Kotaku!

vjlnfszyif7wadz1on61.jpg

Seriously though, who plays RCT games and zooms in THAT far??

EDIT: actually, it is pretty bad:

j9yphi0qb4wuglmo7ikf.jpg

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Very tempted by Talos Principle at -33%

hooooold hoooooooooooooooold

Mr. Doop

Unless you're using a guide, it takes much longer than an hour to see everything. Like, have you been
to space
yet? Or
sacrificed any random people yet?
Visited a
drug dealers house and "accidentally" tasted his product?
There's so much random shit planted around the place, it's insane what you can do and find.

Yeah, I tend to exaggerate a bit. I haven't really done that much. I guess I'll mess around with the game for a couple more hours before I'm done with it.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
NA only, this is imporant (and why I didn't talk about it) =p Separate games are also 7.5$
Ubi is doing a Tom Clancy sale too, but yet again, NA only.

because fuck Europe ... we don't need any discounts, we can afford 70€ games after all

Arthea

because fuck Europe ... we don't need any discounts, we can afford 70€ games after all

who needs all those mass defects and clancies when we can have Tennis Elbow and Frankenstein the game!
soonish

and you know lashman, even if I hate to repeat myself, I told countless times that if we don't make a stand it can get only worse and it got. Anybody listens? of course not! Experte just bought Kiwi, like a day ago, for example!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom