• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2015 - Have you seen MRORANGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternia

i'm eyeing a radeon r7 260x

i never used ati video cards but it's 250usd which is about as much as i can afford and looks maybe like an upgrade from my 560 gtx?
260X should be around $100. At $250, you should at be able to get a 280X with money to spare, if not a 290 both of which are beefy upgrades.

EDIT: Right, different region...still, 260X isn't much of an upgrade at all but if that's all you can get, expect similar/slightly better performance to your 560.

zkylon

zkylewd
a used 660 gtx is about 300 usd which i could probably squeeze but i don't know how i feel about buying something used. one i'm seeing in argie ebay says has one year of use

the other same-range videocard is a geforce 750 ti or something but iirc ends in 50 = not good, right?

Amzin

I think I might have a friend with a GTX 660ti sitting around he might be willing to part with.

If you haven't already, try taking your video card out and air dusting it. I had a video card causing those exact problems years ago and cleaning it out actually let me use it until I completely replaced that PC.

My family had a dusty old house :l

derExperte

the other same-range videocard is a geforce 750 ti or something but iirc ends in 50 = not good, right?

You should look at some benchmarks before buying anything and forget about the model numbers. The 750Ti is for example about 10% faster than a 260x depending on the game and resolution. The non-Ti is slower.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of darkchewie, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chaos Domain -- MB-7833864B47FAEB66 - Taken by DocSeuss. 1 entrants total.
Ultionus -- MB-88AEE67569E9B898 - Taken by SSPssp. 9 entrants total.
RIP Trilogy -- MB-43D26E583D0C1A53 - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

t1425418812z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Regarding the russian 4packs: it still works for games that dont have the cross region trading tag applied, I believe.

zkylon

zkylewd
You should look at some benchmarks before buying anything and forget about the model numbers. The 750Ti is for example about 10% faster than a 260x depending on the game and resolution. The non-Ti is slower.
yeah, i'm trying to do that but i'm getting a headache on stretched 1600x1200 (my monitor is 16:10) and with all the wonky artifacts on screen :I

the 750 ti is about 300 usd which is i guess the upper limit i can go for. the 270x is similarly priced and from what i gather is a bit better

Knurek

a used 660 gtx is about 300 usd which i could probably squeeze but i don't know how i feel about buying something used. one i'm seeing in argie ebay says has one year of use

I have 750 TI, it's a great card for the money.
Quick (should be able to 60fps just about any pre-PS4/XB1 game on any setting), quite and thanks to Maxwell, marvelously efficient.
Still on the GAMEGPU.RU benchmarks as well. :)

KarmaCow

I've not been liking the direction they've taken since Goldfarb stepped down and Almir took over. I thought after the negative reactions they got for their splitting up of the DLC even more, they'd retract and rethink the strategy. I didn't expect they would double and triple-down on the cash grabby nonsense, or introduce even more randomization into the game. Paying $20 for a chance at only 1 of 25 items in a game where one of its largest criticisms is the way it leans on randomly dishing things out to you is just stupid.

I miss the old Payday 2 way. :(

Yea the dlc has become less compelling with each release too. Armoured Transport was nice, 5-6 smaller heists with multiple weapons and masks. Then we have The Diamond which was the same price for one, single-day heist and masks. But I've been waiting on sales to pick those up anyway.

I uninstalled Payday two days ago. I've had it on my PC for awhile now but just got sick of this approach. I'm done.

I think we picked it up together via the Amazon 4-pack deal 2 winters ago actually. I don't blame you and if I was on the outside looking in I wouldn't have even bothered with the game. But I just like the horde mode and group mechanics of the game despite the flood of DLC (which I do eventually buy on sale, so I'm part of the problem I guess).

Ozium

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791435687520/announcements/detail/139947945350532350

BOT COLONY HAS BEEN SAVED, MAY THE DANK FORCES BE PRAISED

After the Pulling the Plug announcement on January 28, we got a lot of moral support from people saying the game must not die - plus $452 in Steam key sales and $400 in eBook sales. This modest amount will enable us to keep going at least another month. Selling more Steam keys and eBooks will keep the game alive, see http://steamcommunity.com/app/263040/discussions/0/606068060836404191/ for details.
You can help a lot by spreading the word about Bot Colony.
We’ve started working on in-house servers as a long-term solution. When that is in place we’ll talk to Steam about putting back the BUY button on Bot Colony.

praise jimmy the robot

derExperte

yeah, i'm trying to do that but i'm getting a headache on stretched 1600x1200 (my monitor is 16:10) and with all the wonky artifacts on screen :I

the 750 ti is about 300 usd which is i guess the upper limit i can go for. the 270x is similarly priced and from what i gather is a bit better

The 270x is MUCH better, can almost be 50% faster than a 750Ti. If you can get one for the same price the choice is easy. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1043?vs=1130

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
4.2 GB update for Evil Within is it getting ready for DLC support, according to Bethesda:
http://www.bethblog.com/2015/03/02/your-assignment-achieve-greatness/

With The Evil Within’s first DLC releasing next week, you might notice a new title update deploying this week on Steam, PSN, Xbox LIVE. The update will ready the game for DLC compatibility and a detectives-to-be might notice the reveal of The Assignment’s trophies & achievements.

And in case you missed it, The Assignment releases on Tuesday, March 10th on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, and PS4 (Note: PlayStation players in Europe will be able to play on Wednesday, March 11th). For a first look at gameplay, follow Twitch.TV/Bethesda and tune in on Monday, March 9th at 4pm est.

zkylon

zkylewd
I have 750 TI, it's a great card for the money.
Quick (should be able to 60fps just about any pre-PS4/XB1 game on any setting), quite and thanks to Maxwell, marvelously efficient.
Still on the GAMEGPU.RU benchmarks as well. :)
i see, thanks

The 270x is MUCH better, can almost be 50% faster than a 750Ti. If you can get one for the same price the choice is easy. http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1043?vs=1130
hmm maybe it's not the same. there's two versions and the cheaper one says "Sapphire Ati Radeon R9 270x Dual-x Oc. Edition 2gb Ddr5" which to me sounds like it's maybe an upgraded non-x 270 or something?

i think i may go with the 750 ti, read some good things and it's acceptably priced

either way, fml

zkylon

zkylewd
Why is that? But even a normal 270 is faster.
well the other ones are 50usd more expensive so that got me suspicious

also i don't see many reviews or anything which also don't fill me with confidence

but i dunno, i might just credit card that one

ughh can't believe i'm back at doing this again

--------

on your edit: more expensive version is still 2gb so i really don't know why it's more expensive. doesn't say overclocked tho

man Transistor just kinda throws you in there huh

game's great, tho

it's pretty good. It's interesting to see how the abilities affect one another and how people tend to have such varied builds. No two people i've talked to about it have played it the same way.

Still, it's kind of a meh story and it ends in under 5 hours which is good or bad depending on how you roll.

dat soundtrack tho

Turfster

MGSV Snake (mostly) silent protagonist.
The real HL3 has been found!

MacGameStore has Bioshock Infinite and DLC 75% off

Pixel:ru^2 keys available on IGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom