• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

mp1990

Banned
died at the last boss of Crypt of the Necrodancer, after almost one week trying to reach him

END

MY

LIFE

game's pretty amazing though. the most fun I've had since, what, MGSV?

Sajjaja

I feel like I've picked up on a trend, here ...

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

header.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9dg8PI2sEg

they don't say the identity

it's just really obvious

im dealin with 30fps and Low everything but it's fun and it looks great

so cinematic bro

only real complaint so far other than the port is that they're taking control away from you a whole lot more than previous games

They should've just leaned into the obviousness of the identity more, quickly reveal who it is and instead have that plotline be about the fallout of that revelation.

The "quality" of that port kills my desire to go back to it like I did with the past ones. I dicked around in City for 150+ hours, and all the content in this one makes it the best Batman simulator, but ... it's always just a sad reminder of the injustice of the port.

And the DLC could've been the best thing ever. Game has the makings of the perfect Batman game experience, and episodic DLC had potential to be Batman: The Animated Series in game form

I did meticulously pose Batman in a bunch of screenshots though

208650_2015-08-18_000ojo6u.jpg

The more time I spent reviewing games on Steam, the less I understand the process.

So I have this game called Red Risk - http://store.steampowered.com/app/448070/?snr=1_5_9__205

The user reviews have rated it "Very Positive".

I've been playing it for a little while and uh..I'm just baffled. This game is bad. I don't know if it's as bad as Bad Rats and Despair, but it is really lousy. What's more confusing is that the positive reviews for Red Risk aren't ironic in any way. They're saying stuff like how it's fun to shoot the zombies and whatnot.

Maybe I am old and out of touch.

They're worked.

That's what I'm guessing, but it's weird that there haven't really been any complaints about the game in the community hub. There's been some talk about the controls being borked, but Red Risk's problems extend beyond that.

Endruen

OMG THE FUCKING WALL EXPLODING WITH FIRE IN ALIEN ISOLATION!!!

Shit, that startled me more than any alien encounter.

Fuck.

Vamphuntr

The more time I spent reviewing games on Steam, the less I understand the process.

So I have this game called Red Risk - http://store.steampowered.com/app/448070/?snr=1_5_9__205

I've been playing it for a little while and uh..I'm just baffled. This game is bad. I don't know if it's as bad as Bad Rats and Despair, but it is really lousy. What's more confusing is that the positive reviews for Red Risk aren't ironic in any way. They're saying stuff like how it's fun to shoot the zombies and whatnot.

That's what I'm guessing, but it's weird that there haven't really been any complaints about the game in the community hub. There's been some talk about the controls being borked, but Red Risk's problems extend beyond that.

Steamspy has it between 500-2000 owners. So no one has it :S Would not be surprising if the positive reviews are planted or from people that got free keys from the devs.

I finished Dark Sector last night and deleted it. Check that one off. I suppose it's a Gears knock off (never played it), but with basically one weapon, uninspired designs, and lame combat/feel. I can already tell Warframe is better on every level. I'm glad that game was a success for the devs.

What should I play next? I'm thinking Mafia 2, Tomb Raider 13, Life is Strange, or Valkyria Chronicles. Suggestions?

zkylon

zkylewd
I finished Dark Sector last night and deleted it. Check that one off. I suppose it's a Gears knock off (never played it), but with basically one weapon, uninspired designs, and lame combat/feel. I can already tell Warframe is better on every level. I'm glad that game was a success for the devs.

What should I play next? I'm thinking Mafia 2, Tomb Raider 13, Life is Strange, or Valkyria Chronicles. Suggestions?

wait the dark sector people made warframe?

wow

Steamspy has it between 500-2000 owners. So no one has it :S Would not be surprising if the positive reviews are planted or from people that got free keys from the devs.

Community is still dead, but IIRC the game has over 100 reviews.

So between 1/5th and 1/20th of the people that own the game posted a review. Yeesh.

wow

I assumed as much when I saw the armor designs in both games. Warframe is a massive improvement btw. It almost makes me wish I could make time for MMOs.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

I liked Valkyria Chronicles enough to put 90 hours into it so far (it's beatable in far less though). I'd go with that.

wow

Yup. One of the starting suits in Warframe is the Excalibur which you can get a skin to be Hayden Tenno from Darksector. The villain skin is available for another suit too. All of the players in Warframe are called Tenno.

Can see Bats vs. Supes going only this way for hyped-up movies in my experience.

1. Those you don't know what to do with the first time and get only worse with every subsequent watch. Man of Steel.
2. Those you don't know what to do with the first time and get only better with every subsequent watch. Pacific Rim.

Personally looking forward most for X-Men and Civil War. A good DC movie would be just unexpected cherry on top.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
OMG THE FUCKING WALL EXPLODING WITH FIRE IN ALIEN ISOLATION!!!

Shit, that startled me more than any alien encounter.

Fuck.
One of my absolute favorite games of that year. Can't wait to replay it in VR.

AHA-Lambda

My God Republique is one of the worst told stories I've experienced in ages, and Jesus wept does the last episode not only do a piss poor job of wrapping things up, it's obvious the writers didn't care anymore as it introduces some stupid daft shit out of left field >_<

Parsnip

wow

Klepek wrote a pretty interesting piece for GB about Dark Sector and Warframe 3 years ago.

The original 2004 concept video for Dark Sector is pretty interesting in that respect, too.
And yeah, this.

zkylon

zkylewd
that's kind of awesome, i didn't like the dark sector i played but i'm glad to hear a story of a company that didn't just go down after releasing one bad game

tho honestly i think warframe's pretty boring too haha

Sch1sm

My God Republique is one of the worst told stories I've experienced in ages, and Jesus wept does the last episode not only do a piss poor job of wrapping things up, it's obvious the writers didn't care anymore as it introduces some stupid daft shit out of left field >_<

Sooo... how's the gameplay? Bad as the story? Been in my wishlist a while, been waiting for a good sale.

Kaleinc

Banned
Yep. Every Tuesday at around this time.

Holy shit at the BvS reviews. I have to hand it to Snyder. He fucks up like a champ.
Sometimes he does but the man has great flicks. Unlike M Bay's garbage after garbage :)
If BvS isn't worse than Sucker Punch I can handle it haha.

And maintenance..

Was gonna post this

It was changed to what it is due to executive meddling andbthey finally made the game they wanted with warframe

I'll have to check out that Klepek article now that I have a frame (PUNS!) of reference.

Also, I forgot to mention I did like tweaking Darksector. I ran it at 4k with supersampling on through Nvidia Inspector and a wide FOV through ini tweaks. It looked great for what it was after that, but I wished I could have increased the LOD a bit more. It didn't really bother me though.

With a new Neptunia game on the market, I figured that I should sell my cards while the prices are still high. Unfortunately I didn't know that the mobile authenticator has to be active for at least seven days in order for the cards to be listed instantly.

This whole setup is wack. I can't stand it.

Just look at these glowing reviews.

It really says a lot when the only reviews with actual content are negative.
It's a shame they're getting buried in dislikes.

Dr.Social

Banned

Just look at these glowing reviews.

AHA-Lambda

Sooo... how's the gameplay? Bad as the story? Been in my wishlist a while, been waiting for a good sale.

It's extremely basic point and click stealth, it's basically just functional.

Up until now the story was barely a non-entity, making the game just ultimately plain mediocre.

Now though, they truly outdid themselves with some genuinely horrible storytelling. I'd make a thread about it all and how nothing makes any sense, and the character's horrible irrational choices, but considering that no one is playing this game there's no point.
Heck the steam forum for the game is barren and empty even with the last episode releasing today.

I left a big spoiler filled rant there but lord knows if anyone will ever see it >_>

EDIT: bugger it, I did. Had to vent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom