• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Oh, the 5th and last episode of Republique came out today.

giphy.gif

Lomax

really? that's surprising, the other king's bounty games i've played have been fantastic

the only issue with that series is that it's super stagnated and also it's become progressively less funny and quirky

like i married a frog in the first one

how cool is that

I didn't find what I played terrible its more of the same with even more bugs than KB WoTN.

Yeah apparently the bugs are bad and the content is lacking. I can't talk, I've never put more than a few hours into any of them. Love the concept though.

Uzzy

Stellaris’ endgame may make it the best 4X ever

“So the last phase of the game, we throw a challenge at the player. Say you’re 250 years in and there's not much challenge against you, you’ve probably won. At this point there is a bunch of disasters that can happen,” explains Anward.

“For instance, let’s say we really like having robot slaves around but they're too dumb, right? They can only do the dumb stuff. We actually want them to research stuff for us, so we make them smarter and smarter and smarter, and eventually robots are doing everything in our empire and oh, they just decided they don't need us anymore. So, yes: robots and AI [give you] a massive advantage but it’s pretty dangerous to go too deep into. If you don't want to keep your robots dumb, you risk an AI uprising.”

Or, it might not happen at all. Instead, another avenue of research could create an equally dangerous threat, says Anward. “If you are experimenting in extremely fast ship technology - jump drives - then you might actually bore a hole into another dimension. Then the people there might decide that they like your dimension and they will come in and try and devour you.

Paradox are also considering something involving the game’s fallen empires, the classic trope of the decayed super-species that once ruled the stars but now only have a handful of worlds. Either one of these races will decide to kick themselves back into gear and come charging out of their peaceful regions in technologically superior ships - or two will, going to war with one-another over ancient feuds, with you and any other cowering mortal races rather stuck in the crossfire.

So... Cylon uprising, Species 8472 or the Shadow War from Babylon 5 as end games for your campaign. Stellaris is looking completely amazing.

Lain

I'm still wondering how I missed that free Dawn of War 2 DLC. Was it free because of some promotion, or because of a mistake.

KarmaCow

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Unholy Heights -- MB-3814C65C3CDC79A0 - Taken by Purkake4
Samorost 2 -- MB-A6869FCE79A993C2 - Taken by Kifimbo
Just Cause 1 Plus2 -- MB-F422F4222D095726 - Taken by mp1990
Deponia -- MB-0C294F55D1BEB1C6 - Taken by eyeless
Outland Special Edition -- MB-745DA74742F2F658 - Taken by freshVeggie
Game Plus Artbook Plus OST
QUBE Director's Cut -- MB-219E0B325C3396C7 - Taken by Kiru
Call of Juarez Gunslinger -- MB-8DD75F95477737FC - Taken by Saty
Resident Evil 5 -- MB-ED8023FA4AD96B05 - Taken by mp1990
Awesomenauts -- MB-28A15C27121EF586 - Taken by freshVeggie
Canabalt -- MB-04C9E385D141C606 - Taken by nightstorm
Batman Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-DE220BA6B41F14B0 - Taken by deadcelledo
No idea which one.
The Last Remnant -- MB-2D41EA5FE4B4158D - Taken by anastef
Resident Evil Revelations Episode 1 -- MB-A00F1213EB28C9EC - Taken by mp1990
Not the entire game
Gone Home Plus GHOST -- MB-AA5E4DF3F04AC603 - Taken by almostheathen
The game Plus soundrack
Monaco -- MB-14D40EF5CDFB8452 - Taken by Dr.Social
One Way Heroics -- MB-13C333D57D5B4BFB - Taken by yoshizzle
t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-4A8458D6B0B5B375 - Taken by fallout
Mercenary Kings -- MB-548288E0FF1F8A39 - Taken by deadcelledo
Gunpoint -- MB-48855E2970C8935F - Taken by mp1990
Vanguard Princess -- MB-66E7E758BCDD0AC1 - Taken by Costa1774
Bionic Commando Rearmed -- MB-816FB89DFDE2180F - Taken by Vazduh
Freedom Planet -- MB-F86CF5CDC8708904 - Taken by voodooray

Just cleaning out some unused keys from bundles.

Anno

So... Cylon uprising, Species 8472 or the Shadow War from Babylon 5 as end games for your campaign. Stellaris is looking completely amazing.

Damn I need to just sleep for a month :( I'm running out of interesting CK2/EU4 content to watch or listen to now that I'm in the Paradox mood. I'm trying to hold out until the next big Steam sale to buy one, maybe I'll just have to cave and get them off of Paradox's site with this spring sale they're doing.

FloatOn

bought REmake today. never beat that back in the day. not that I'll have time to play it since my dick belongs to dark souls 3 when that hits

Salsa

like an hour into Arkham Knight and the identity of the Knight is so obvious I aint even mad about the spoiler anymore

this game's good

r3n4ud

no? :(
I really want to try it, I got it in the sale and not feeling a refund yet.
Is the game installed on c: drive? If not, move it there. If so, move game to another drive if you have one.

Perhaps you tried this too. From the dev -

For those of you with error code 2, can you please try the following.

1. Find your Steam install directory in windows explorer.
2. Right click, Properties.
3. Select the "Security" tab.
4. Check for the presence of "Users" in the "Group or user names" box.
5. If it's not present, they can select "Edit", find "Users" in the next window and select "Add

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I haven't played much of Knight after the fiasco. It seems to run ok on my 770, though.

Salsa

wait
they say an hour in?
I mean I called it early, but...an hour?

they don't say the identity

it's just really obvious

I haven't played much of Knight after the fiasco. It seems to run ok on my 770, though.

im dealin with 30fps and Low everything but it's fun and it looks great

so cinematic bro

only real complaint so far other than the port is that they're taking control away from you a whole lot more than previous games

Lain

I was browsing the Marvel Heroes 2016 page (because I was deciding if it was time to try it out) and gave a look at the DLC packs to see what kind of heroes were in them and something about the Daredevil pack left me a little confused:

3wLb.png

Specifically, the line This pack features a 50% discount! while the discount I see (for the pack) is 15%. Does that line refers to something else rather than the discount for the release of the pack?

Mivey

like an hour into Arkham Knight and the identity of the Knight is so obvious I aint even mad about the spoiler anymore

this game's good
Better get used to the car. That is the one thing the game never stops pushing down your throat. If you like that (the bat car parts) , it is almost the best in the series.

bjaelke

I was browsing the Marvel Heroes 2016 page (because I was deciding if it was time to try it out) and gave a look at the DLC packs to see what kind of heroes were in them and something about the Daredevil pack left me a little confused:

3wLb.png

Specifically, the line This pack features a 50% discount! while the discount I see (for the pack) is 15%. Does that line refers to something else rather than the discount for the release of the pack?

If one of the three heroes in the package is discounted by 50% it will bring the entire package down by roughly 15% (16,7%).

3wLb.png

I'm not 100% sure but I think that 50% thing is just a copy paste from their main website and is talking about the fact that buying the pack essentially is 50% cheaper than if you bought the stuff in-game.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Also Elektra is a pre-order, so you wouldnt have a high discount on a bundle that includes her

Salsa

Better get used to the car. That is the one thing the game never stops pushing down your throat. If you like that (the bat car parts) , it is almost the best in the series.

im kinda liking it man

weird

guess low expectations were part of it

I played 3 of these games to absolute completion. I guess im down with changing it up a bit with new mechanics

edit: no way im fully completing this one tho. don't even gonna bother with riddler stuff

tmarg

you mean you can really play mario maker on pc?

or is it just like a test thingie?

cos if so i'm buying mario maker right now

I doubt the controls will ever translate well, and even if they did everything is stored on Nintendo's servers.

Dr Dogg

Keep on meaning to check out Marvel Heroes properly but there's that nagging fear it will get its hooks into me. Spent all Saturday, last and this evening ragging Diablo III to try and crack out the last few Seasonal objectives and it's all just a blur. Hate to think what 1,700+ hours of Marvel would do to you.

Pretty excited for this actually, since Beyond Earth has been a flop and I'm finally bored of Civ V, I've been looking for a new 4X game to play. I'm hoping Stellaris is it.

Glad it's got some modest requirements as well...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/281990

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core Duo Processor (2GHz or better)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® Nvidia GTX 560TI with 1024MB VRAM / or AMD HD 6850 (Latest available WHQL drivers from both manufacturers)
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c-compatible sound card
Additional Notes: Controller support: 3-button mouse, keyboard and speakers. Special multiplayer requirements: Internet Connection or LAN for multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom