• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

impact

Banned
man we really take our free online for granted on PC... was thinking about replaying Bloodborne, but my PS+ sub has lapsed so you cant see messages, you cant use summons, anything related to being online, bummer :/

You're not missing much in BB. The PvP is booty and last I knew the summoning was broken anyway lol

That bell system they used is a step back from soapstones in every way. idgi

ArjanN

Really? That's unfortunate, I was planning on playing that next.

I am really enjoying the combat system a whole lot, I am playing it on Nightmare difficulty and I think it provides a really tense experience where you really need to pay extra attention to resource management and do perfect dodges in order to survive.

Nah American Nightmare is pretty solid. You could tell they were working on a smaller budget, but they creatively worked around it in way that mostly worked. (you'll see what I mean when you play it)

And yeah Nightmare is the best difficulty, as the game is probably a bit too easy otherwise, and the extra difficulty adds to the horror vibe.

Falcon Collection @ 2,49$ on GOG Contains all four games and many goodies.
I know it's already available on Steam but I see the GOG version being recommended from user reviews.
The current gold standard is getting the Falcon Collection for Falcon 4.0 and installing the BMS 4.33 Mod. A very impressive mod which would hardly make anyone think it's for a game from 1998.
It's my birthday.
Happy birthday.
Need advice on games I can gift to myself.
Get some tea, open music and treat yourself to Solitaire!

MattyG

Banned
Cmon you don't play XCOM for the story (which is ok don't get me wrong). Just start the 2nd and have fun.
(or rage hard and break everything)
lol yeah, I know. I just always feel like I should finish preceding games first, but the urge to just jump straight into 2 without finishing EW is SO STRONG.

Ozium

I'm installing Watch Dogs, has the issues with it been fixed or do I need to change something? I remember there being a file that said something about for PC release, doesn't matter.. and was not taken out of comments so it wasn't running

or is it fixed now

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I forgot how much I enjoyed Clive Barker's Jericho despite the dumb as fuck AI and lack of enemy variety.
12898269_922407657877067_697628646573761668_o.jpg

I shall try playing it more and see if there are mods to turn off the QTE.

Anno

lol yeah, I know. I just always feel like I should finish preceding games first, but the urge to just jump straight into 2 without finishing EW is SO STRONG.

I think 2 is better than EU is almost every way possible. Keeping EU around for your mobile gaming sounds like a good plan, but get on the new hotness. I think it also gets you 40% off of a Steam controller if you've wanted one (and you should!) but haven't had the cash.

Ozium

also how does Steam determine the download time when you go to install (this will take x time to download) Watch Dogs it said it would take 5 hours but the download screen says 30 minutes

MattyG

Banned
I think 2 is better than EU is almost every way possible. Keeping EU around for your mobile gaming sounds like a good plan, but get on the new hotness. I think it also gets you 40% off of a Steam controller if you've wanted one (and you should!) but haven't had the cash.
I actually saw that promo, but I already bought one at launch! I didn't really like it for shooters or anything action-y (tried it with Fallout 4 and it just felt so unnatural even after a dozen hours), but I have a feeling it'll work great for XCOM. Big Picture Mode, here I come.

Nabs

also how does Steam determine the download time when you go to install (this will take x time to download) Watch Dogs it said it would take 5 hours but the download screen says 30 minutes

That's how long it'll take if you can only download at 1MB/s.

Don't you hate games that don't register accrued achievements until after you quit the game? It makes me want to quit the game periodically in case the game crashes and screws my achievements or something.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can't believe Final Fantasy IX still isn't out.

I'm not sure what SE's definition of "Early 2016" is, but by all accounts I'd say that's passed.

Are these games similar to the Onimusha franchise in any form? If so, I'm pulling the trigger on them right away. These screenshots are pretty tempting already, just need some confirmation lol.

Well, you play as a samurai in them ;)

There's almost no supernatural stuff though, and the combat system isn't the same. They are also designed to be played multiple times (there's a crapton of endings and story path between the two games)

Nillansan

Nah American Nightmare is pretty solid. You could tell they were working on a smaller budget, but they creatively worked around it in way that mostly worked. (you'll see what I mean when you play it)

Thank you, I will give it a try.

And yeah Nightmare is the best difficulty, as the game is probably a bit too easy otherwise, and the extra difficulty adds to the horror vibe.

Yup, it certainly seems like the game is balanced towards Nightmare mode.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I said this a couple days ago. I have been itching for this one.

Same here, I just finished up a ton of retro games after being stuck in bed for over a week. I'd love to jump back into PC gaming by running through FF9 again.

Didn't the mobile version come out like 2 months ago?

Yeah it released in January. I think they're just waiting until I finally break down and decide to buy the mobile version before releasing the PC version which, like a chump, I will also buy.

Unai

Gosh, the batmobile sections in Arkham Knight are really annoying. I was protecting Ivy in that mission that we fight 7 of cobra tanks and I confess I had to use cheat engine. Probably playing it on hard isn't doing me any favors, but the game itself is really easy if not for these fights. And it's not just because it's hard, but because I really don't like them either way. I'm a fan of the batman games because they are some really nice action-adventure, not because they are shooters.

Arkham City is one of my favorite games of all time, but I can't even begin to express how much of a disappointment this game is for me.

Deitus

I'm not sure what SE's definition of "Early 2016" is, but by all accounts I'd say that's passed.

Well, I'd say it's technically still Early 2016 until May or thereabouts, but I know what you mean.

If I recall, they did the same thing with Lightning Returns last year, saying it would be out in Spring 2015, and then not mentioning it again until right before it came out in December. Hopefully they don't repeat that for IX.

Edit: Well, I think they just did say things like "it's still coming" but did not address the fact that spring, summer, and fall came and went, or give updates on a release date.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Didnt win Stardew Valley... I'm blaming you Hero Prinny!

louiedog

People acted mad and cheated by that, which I never understood, as if games are a commodity and what they did devalued it.
I love that trope when used in television and I was just as happy with it in the game.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Falcon Collection @ 2,49$ on GOG Contains all four games and many goodies.
I know it's already available on Steam but I see the GOG version being recommended from user reviews.

That's because the Steam version of Falcon 4 was unusable without the BMS mod due to the default executable expecting a CD, but Retroism finally pushed through a patch the other day and the game now functions correctly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Maybe at this week's Final Fantasy XV turdstravaganza we will get information about the other superior installments of the franchise.

Really? That's unfortunate, I was planning on playing that next.
my issue with it is that you literally do the same 3 tasks over and over, the game doesn't even try to hide it either. It's garbage, give it a try though, at least the villain is interesting.
Didnt win Stardew Valley... I'm blaming you Hero Prinny!
I hope you never win it either >:)
Go read your comics. Nerd!

go read/watch jojo or fuck off veggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom