• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

I think you can find translations to a lot of that stuff. Still not needed for Nier Automata since from what I gather most stuff is small nods

Only the Mangas, Grimoire Nier, the amazarashi picture book and most of the Drakengard 3 Novellas have been properly translated. The rest only exists as a form of short summary or not at all

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Only the Mangas, Grimoire Nier, the amazarashi picture book and most of the Drakengard 3 Novellas have been properly translated. The rest only exists as a form of short summary or not at all

Ahhh still not bad and there is also the Youtube vids helping to catch up with the lore.

Ludens

Banned
I think I'll start Vermintide next, and after that, Xanadu Next.
When I finish those, probably DS3 exp will release.
Also I'm wondering how many years I'll need to wait to see a 50% off on Trails in the Sky SC.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-3BFC9755BC14E2D5 - Taken by aqws. 33 entrants total.

t1489354704z1.png

Ascheroth

I imagine Cold Steel will come, just wish they'd be faster and maybe try to have CS3 next year with a PC version day 1 like Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII

Fate I'm not so sure tbh
I'm not sure if starting with the 3rd entry in a series you absolutely can't play without the previous 2 is the bestest idea.
At best they'd move a few PS4 buyers to Steam, but it doesn't expand the target audience, it would make no sense for PC-only folks to buy this game.
It would be nice for those who played the previous games but prefer PC though.

Tizoc

Also I'm wondering how many years I'll need to wait to see a 50% off on Trails in the Sky SC.
Come on mate itll be 50% later this year
Followed hy being in the monthly bundle

Tonton

I'm not sure if starting with the 3rd entry in a series you absolutely can't play without the previous 2 is the bestest idea.
At best they'd move a few PS4 buyers to Steam, but it doesn't expand the target audience, it would make no sense for PC-only folks to buy this game.
Yeah that's why I said I wanted them to get Cold Steel 1 and 2 ports faster, so they could have them before CS3

I'm expecting FC to finally reach 70% and SC 50% for 3rd's launch

Tagyhag

So I got info that a market research company is doing a study that's looking for Star Wars fans who are also into Dark Souls, Nioh, Bloodborne and/or Dishonored 2 (weird one out of the bunch).

I'm super curious as to what it's for.

AHA-Lambda

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-3BFC9755BC14E2D5 - Taken by aqws. 33 entrants total.

t1489354704z1.png

It's still not Nier is it?

Ganado

So, I just made a giveaway that I haven't posted yet, that I think I might've fucked up. Is there anyway to abort or something? I've PMed Stump but I don't think he might be online at the moment.

I dunno how any of y'all can not enjoy some occasional RPS. Like, here's some peak RPS. Read the top comment.

They cover interesting stuff that I don't see elsewhere, and have a real knack for wordplay. So does some of their commenters. I like 'em, even if I'm not an avid reader or anything.
So I got info that a market research company is doing a study that's looking for Star Wars fans who are also into Dark Souls, Nioh, Bloodborne and/or Dishonored 2 (weird one out of the bunch).

I'm super curious as to what it's for.

Perhaps they're looking into an action-based Star Wars game with intricate lightsaber combat while not forgoing other weapons, like blasters, allowing for a variety of builds. Perhaps also an ethos system on top of it (Light/Dark) that influences your character and the world.

Jedi Academy 2: Force Apprentice is nigh. Kyle Katarn shall return!

Volimar

So, I just made a giveaway that I haven't posted yet, that I think I might've fucked up. Is there anyway to abort or something? I've PMed Stump but I don't think he might be online at the moment.

As long as you haven't posted it, I think you can just send for a new giveaway registration similar to this.

I made a giveaway but realized I want to change the rules after the fact. Can I do this?

If you haven't posted the giveaway yet, yes, just submit a new giveaway registration PM with the same games and keys and ModBot will send you an updated giveaway code.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858592

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wish we had Gamestop here, I need to get rid of all my old shit nd even at $1 a game or whatever Gamestop offers, I'd make bank on my 360 stuff alone.

Also happy birthday Tizoc and whoever else I missed, I just woke up leave me alone. It wasnt iosefe right? He's the only one that matters anyway now that he has the #bestgafavatr back.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for Flips360:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Minion Masters -- MB-3590931263BDEEC2

t1489347841z1.png

Steam gift.

Ganado

There we go..
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ganado:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ganado, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

t1cxE6r.gif
Alan Wake -- MB-09B070ADAFD88066 - Taken by Alex_CWB. 9 entrants total.
2064 Read Only Memories -- MB-8577BB1541E5F31E - Taken by the_firewithin. 4 entrants total.
Alan Wakess American Nightmare -- MB-3417C734F7E3F803 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
Grim Fandango Remastered -- MB-76E0F46745531ADC - Taken by Madventure. 3 entrants total.
Retro City Rampage DX -- MB-899210738F9BA9A4 - Taken by tt7n4. 1 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic -- MB-D19AB8F77821A9C5 - Taken by lucebuce12. 2 entrants total.
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II -- MB-890359794D3BEDE9 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Titan Souls -- MB-BB8CF4E8A6CA47F3 - Taken by PaulSane - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1489357377z1.png

Perhaps they're looking into an action-based Star Wars game with intricate lightsaber combat while not forgoing other weapons, like blasters, allowing for a variety of builds. Perhaps also an ethos system on top of it (Light/Dark) that influences your character and the world.

Jedi Academy 2: Force Apprentice is nigh. Kyle Katarn shall return!

I would be delighted to see Kyle again, but Lucasfilm is pretty firm about not using EU characters in new material wherever possible because they'd have to pay royalties. They worked out a new deal with Timothy Zahn for Thrawn IIRC.

wish we had Gamestop here, I need to get rid of all my old shit nd even at $1 a game or whatever Gamestop offers, I'd make bank on my 360 stuff alone.

I did exactly that when I was jobless. I know people will say "but you'd get more elsewhere!" it wasn't really worth the bother for the difference, and buy and sell sites in this country are awful. I could put a MISB 20th Anniversary PS4 up and I'd be offered a Brillo pad and a half-eaten packet of crisps.

aqws

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (aqws, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition -- MB-2565B1AFE5770B67 - Taken by sixteen-bit. 6 entrants total.

t1489358410z1.png

the bats

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase are you planning on doing the PC Performance thread for Nier Automata?

Yeah. Bought the game yesterday.

Sssssusssspiciousssss

Speaking of suspicious, this comment from an early gameplay playthrough of Styx 2 made me uncertain about the performance:

I'm inclined to think that's a system issue. The streamer I watched was very effusive about the game's performance and a bloke running a 1060 recorded some 1080p60 gameplay videos with it maxed out.

DasFool

Anyone play through the Blackwell series? How are they? Need some filler for my 52 game list this year and those looked pretty interesting and short.

Ascheroth

Yeah that's why I said I wanted them to get Cold Steel 1 and 2 ports faster, so they could have them before CS3

I'm expecting FC to finally reach 70% and SC 50% for 3rd's launch
Ah, that's what you meant.
Yeah, that would be a possibility, but I doubt it.
I think it would be smart of them if they did a "complete your collection" type of bundle, a bundle that has all 3, FC, SC and TC.
They absolutely should.

bbd23

Well apparently my modem is dead and I cant get a new one until tomorrow afternoon :(

I just wanted to play Rocket League all day

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
fucking 3 Morrigans in this top 4

edit: oops this is not the correct thread >_>

Anyone play through the Blackwell series? How are they? Need some filler for my 52 game list this year and those looked pretty interesting and short.

They are great, some of my favourite adventure games. Only Wadjet Eye game I like more is Technobabylon.

Be sure to play them in order: Legacy, Unbound, Convergence, Deception, Epiphany.

FLD

Given the situations with Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII, I think Cold Steel III has a good chance of showing up on PC. What I'm wondering is whether XSEED will end up losing it as well because of it.

Tonton

Given the situations with Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII, I think Cold Steel III has a good chance of showing up on PC. What I'm wondering is whether XSEED will end up losing it as well because of it.
That's​ what I'm really scary about CS3 :(
I think Falcom will really want to push a western release but I'm worried XSEED might not be the one doing it
Ys is one thing, the stories aren't too connected and I play more for the gameplay, but we can't have anyone other than XSEED doing Trails at this point

FLD

That's​ what I'm really scary about CS3 :(
I think Falcom will really want to push a western release but I'm worried XSEED might not be the one doing it
Ys is one thing, the stories aren't too connected and I play more for the gameplay, but we can't have anyone other than XSEED doing Trails at this point

Yeah, Falcom prioritizing PC releases of their recent games is very good and Ys VIII going to someone else ultimately isn't really a huge problem for us. Trails would absolutely be one, though. Especially given all the efforts XSEED have put into maintaining consistency across all the games, even going as far as patching minor script and translation changes into FC.

I really hope losing Ys VIII lit a fire under their ass and caused them to seriously look into making a Cold Steel port happen.

Playing Cold Steel 3 without playing the previous games makes absolutely no sense, it would be like starting a game at the halfway point (well, technically at two thirds).

I doubt the Cold Steel games will get PC ports but I guess anything can happen.

Tonton

Playing Cold Steel 3 without playing the previous games makes absolutely no sense, it would be like starting a game at the halfway point (well, technically at two thirds).
I already think playing it without Zero and Ao is not gonna be a good idea either but it'd be kinda hard to get both of those out before it and getting CS3 out in a timely manner :p

Yeah, Falcom prioritizing PC releases of their recent games is very good and Ys VIII going to someone else ultimately isn't really a huge problem for us. Trails would absolutely be one, though. Especially given all the efforts XSEED have put into maintaining consistency across all the games, even going as far as patching minor script and translation changes into FC.

I really hope losing Ys VIII lit a fire under their ass and caused them to seriously look into making a Cold Steel port happen.
Yeah really hope they are already in the works and just waiting to be closer to release to announce it like Estival Versus (which I kinda don't like to see)

I doubt the Cold Steel games will get PC ports but I guess anything can happen.
Considering XSEED spoke before if Zero and Ao were to happen it would most likely have to be on PC I doubt XSEED isn't at least considering porting them to try to have the whole series there (hopefully not with the same guys that did LKS) and I doubt Falcom would object much

Arthea

you guys just need to buy Trails in the Sky trilogy like it deserves, and we are getting everything: Ao, Zero, Steel, maybe even Gagharv trilogy

you know it's true

Vamphuntr

Xseed doesn't port games to PC. They simply have someone that can insert the localization and the edited graphics in it on top of adding QOL and achievements. They would need to pay up someone else to do it. I would guess it's one of the reason they didn't get Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII. Both Aksys and NISA are funding PC ports of these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom