• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

If that was the case they would have dropped already

don'tbully.jpg
why you so mean, muncher?
let us dream while we can

Would need Senran Kagura to bomb too

Cause if that bombs there's no hope left for them

Dino Crisis 3 will bomb and Capcpom will drop the series for the foreseeable future

Based on SteamSpy owner numbers and completion rate of SC, 3rd currently has a maximum target audience of around 14k on Steam.
Though the PSP side needs to be added to this, of which I don't know any numbers, but it would be interesting to know.

It will do poorly for sure. It requires the player having played the two previous games. I'll get it day 1 but yeah it will bomb. Not the first Falcom bomb on PC though, hello Xanadu Next.

This argument is irrelevant, if they were sure it will sell a lot, they could hire any porting company. I'm pretty sure they've done it with some other games.

Bolded is the issue. Best situation would be for Falcom to go the Spike Chunsoft route. Last time they've used "any porting company" we got Little King Story lol

not every franchise is dino crisis

This is the reason why we can't get a Steam release of Dino Crisis 1 and 2. And you know I like those games like you do. Remember PC versions do exist for that game.

XSEED just needs to hire a better marketer ez

(I imagine the EVO versions would sell a lot more though, despite me not being a fan of those.)

Lol, I just expected everyone to ignore me and my wrongfulness

I think it's safe to assume that everybody who has any PC that can run games, bought it on PC.
PSP is too long dead.

I still hope that more people will finish/are in process of finishing SC before TC releases, but we are all aware by now that TC won't be a top seller, unfortunately, Xseed is aware too, so I for one am really thankful they are releasing it at all.

Steel trilogy isn't this old, so probably it could sell better, although I'm not entirely sure of that also. I'd buy it day one, and Ao and Zero.
I am not gonna lie here I bought FC on PSP back in 2011 the limited edition even and I beat it twice I loved it so much. Was incredibly hyped for it to come to Steam bought it day 1 played for 10 hours and left it for dead even going as far as to not buying SC day 1 (i did get it late last year) but as of 2 weeks ago I wanted to play this gem again and I did I beat it twice with 100% bracer points too! At 91 hours I had 22/27 achievements. I missed a few chest (in tern missed 2 weapons) , 1 recipe , 2 liberl news and all achievements which I will get back to eventually to clear all those up. Using my 100% bracer point level 38+ save on SC and will be starting it soon i'm all hyped up again and WILL buy 3rd day 1 this time I promise guys!

what's the difference between og tits and evo? besides being on different platforms

Evo's effectively a remaster, with voice acting, new graphics and new music. Problem: it was done by a third party and published by Kodashana, which is far too many companies wanting a cut for Xseed to deal with.

what's the difference between og tits and evo? besides being on different platforms

EVO is an enhanced versions of the original trilogy of Trails in the Sky games. Has a lot more voice work, different battle tactics and different in game portrait art, that some of us aren't exactly fans of, the art style that is.

OG doesn't have silicone.

tumblr_lvouclxyVI1r2p72to1_500.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
The-Legend-Of-Heroes-Trails-In-The-Sky-First-Chapter-Evolution-790x448.jpg

The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-in-the-Sky-Evolution-20.jpg

wow evolution ui looks MUCH better

1.jpg

i can see why ppl may not like these portraits but they look good enough to me

They were talking about the sales for the unreleased 3rd chapter.

sales i'm guess are gonna go down from episode to episode since they're in a serial format and these are pretty long games that probably have a small completition rate. it's a pity if they do bad, i don't think they're much good but i still would like them to succeed

also did tits 2 get a price cut? i thought it was $30

maybe i'll buy tits 2 since $20 is very reasonable

I don't like the artstyle in Evo's character portraits.
Estelle's portraits are sacred, the new ones are heresy.

1.jpg

sales i'm guess are gonna go down from episode to episode since they're in a serial format and these are pretty long games that probably have a small completition rate. it's a pity if they do bad, i don't think they're much good but i still would like them to succeed

Do it, you will make the world a better place.

data

You guys just made me want tits 2 less knowing there's a version with a better UI and VO. :[

oh well I'll probably still get it anyways when I've knocked some more games off my backlog

edit: do the evo versions also allow you to skip animations?

Tonton

EVO is an enhanced versions of the original trilogy of Trails in the Sky games. Has a lot more voice work, different battle tactics and different in game portrait art, that some of us aren't exactly fans of, the art style that is.
There's also the soundtrack which is worse in the Evo games

Also the evo openings spoil the whole game

You guys just made me want tits 2 less knowing there's a version with a better UI and VO. :[

oh well I'll probably still get it anyways when I've knocked some more games off my backlog

edit: do the evo versions also allow you to skip animations?

I don't see VO acting as a plus but that's a personal preference. Also they remix the soundtrack for evo, most of it is bad.

1.jpg

in game looks alot better and the UI but those portraits are not as good I agree.

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't like the artstyle in Evo's character portraits.
Estelle's portraits are sacred, the new ones are heresy.
i don't see that much of a difference, and honestly i like the new style better, at least at a glance it just looks more like what i'd expect of a game like tits

i always thought the old portraits had weird shading

Do it, you will make the world a better place.
oh i didn't mean now

i wouldn't dream of playing tits now

But yeah it is on sale. Every XSEED game but Little King's Story is.
ah that's a shame i guess, i feel like tits 2 should probably be $20

Eila

It's not region locked so you can enjoy it wherever you live.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Eila, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-38A5F179351AA0CC - Taken by gurm3n. 26 entrants total.

t1489375993z1.png

Corpekata

Banned
Yeah the Evolution character portraits suck. Whatsherface, the senior bracer, looks practically the same age as Joshua and Estelle. And IIRC she was a lot darker skinned in FC/SC.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah the Evolution character portraits suck. Whatsherface, the senior bracer, looks practically the same age as Joshua and Estelle. And IIRC she was a lot darker skinned in FC/SC.
do u have any examples

what i've seen looks fine, you may like them less but i can't imagine saying they suck, but maybe i saw the wrong ones

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 43 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ABZU -- MB-A79F19AAD9782194 - Taken by Xanathus. 36 entrants total.
Akin -- MB-2471B43D3D3708C9 - Taken by zkylon. 5 entrants total.
Alchemist -- MB-B0B7FEDCD1D0EE61 - Taken by Eila. 3 entrants total.
Alien Soldier -- MB-9DACB7BF537A96DB - Taken by Dragon1893. 2 entrants total.
Artificial Defense -- MB-C908E6A08059623D - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.
Ballistick -- MB-14C0554EAD07B960 - Taken by laserlaser. 3 entrants total.
Black Sand Drift -- MB-6A97755DA0C56D28
Bloodsports.tv -- MB-A52F0E873CD9526E - Taken by voodooray. 3 entrants total.
Castle of Illusion -- MB-A8390E69FC7A9EA0 - Taken by Madn. 13 entrants total.
City Quest -- MB-708E2F09C386C08B
Deus Ex Machina 2 -- MB-F724D0F7A7D19615 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
Disgaea 2 PC -- MB-FE5819BDD5B405DB - Taken by Kurt Russell. 64 entrants total.
Earth Overclocked -- MB-F81674A06FDD9979 - Taken by kulapik. 1 entrants total.
Elliot Quest -- MB-3756E2C97BD1A19B - Taken by vermadas. 7 entrants total.
Enclave -- MB-5E7898610364FE5F
Evoland 2 -- MB-79FE71568A0D51F9 - Taken by Zeeman. 8 entrants total.
Explodemon -- MB-1E619132DC1F3D25
Fighters Unleashed -- MB-F3FEC2E750E16982 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.

Flat Heroes -- MB-3529EC03B151974D
Golden Axe II -- MB-BB796921B072B8CF
Gorky 17 -- MB-7F21A26226B7B815 - Taken by JCG. 1 entrants total.
HAUNTED: Halloween 85 Steam Key -- MB-DACF39A7D57732CA - Taken by xelios. 1 entrants total.
Husk -- MB-6C78DC1215C64310 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 4 entrants total.
Little King's Story -- MB-7EC37294874ADED5 - Taken by rostocker. 60 entrants total.
Marlow Briggs and The Mask of Death -- MB-65CD0864F1F2BF4F - Taken by Cels. 8 entrants total.
NAL is alive -- MB-F562728587865D36

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 -- MB-D911690A281900BB - Taken by PaulSane. 18 entrants total.
Project Highrise -- MB-410BC70EFA3D79C3 - Taken by Shalashaska. 6 entrants total.
RIVE -- MB-E9CA0BEA75D51114 - Taken by bloke. 6 entrants total.
Rack n ruin -- MB-082B5C17CDBF9921 - Taken by Last Baron. 2 entrants total.
Shining Force -- MB-DECC86BE19AC41CF
Shovel Knight -- MB-29660B804D0597B5 - Taken by Dangerblade. 48 entrants total.
SkyTime -- MB-F391FD13782B6600
Stealth Bastard Deluxe -- MB-1D757441851E0ECA - Taken by prudislav. 3 entrants total.
Super Cyborg -- MB-25A6A0538A988FF2
The Silent Age -- MB-2828918BAD432FC6 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.
TurnOn -- MB-8EBE1E68C5E99EAA - Taken by dot. 2 entrants total.
Two Worlds -- MB-080544D0634D99C9
Vanquish: The Adventures of Lady Exton -- MB-DCC640026607C297 - Taken by Catshade. 2 entrants total.
Victor Vran -- MB-7563D916278F6CB5 - Taken by fallout. 6 entrants total.
Wojdan (Arabic language only!) -- MB-DEEE30E6A34A2A4F - Taken by purseowner. 4 entrants total.
Zi -- MB-CD513BDBE92A5CB9
Zombie Boom -- MB-8B280634240E4A4C

t1489410688z1.png

Dr.Acula

Banned
Saw that The Division has some freebies when you log in for the 1 year anniversary. I haven't played since before this latest patch.

Yo, WTF? WTF happened to my frames? This game runs so much slower now :(

In case anyone was curious, the Monks and Mystics expansion for Crusader Kings 2 is pretty cool. Secretive cults and supernatural powers slot right into the game.

Only thing I'm not sure about is actually leading the cults. You get missions as an acolyte, but you can't issue them as a leader, which seems messed up.
Non anime picture in the Steam thread?!?!? What madness is this?!?!?!

AFiz1AZ.gif

Stall19

Man, the Hollow Knight beta-patch has completely eliminated any stuttering for me. I can't remember when a patch actually lived up to expectations.

I am running more of an asshole Shepard since I didn't import my ME1 save and it is working kind of nice.

Making that Batarian bartender kill himself is peak alpha. Like Redfield levels.

do u have any examples

what i've seen looks fine, you may like them less but i can't imagine saying they suck, but maybe i saw the wrong ones

No examples here but I started SC and maybe it's just me but the portrait for Estelle in the menus looks more in line from what i'm seeing in Evolution? Maybe that's just me thinking that coming right after looking at those current images posted here but they look a bit different than original FCs? Maybe i'm crazy....

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Eila, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Eila, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -- MB-38A5F179351AA0CC - Taken by gurm3n. 26 entrants total.

t1489375993z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Game -- MB-ABA6EB5817E0A1F3 - Taken by redlacs
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-7EF99B9734700479 - Taken by pantsattack
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-F9C3FC7DCF63DA44 - Taken by Madventure

Mystery Game #12 -- MB-978B239F824411D8 - Taken by Cels
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-44F2301318F103A5 - Taken by Volimar
Mystery Game #3 -- MB-3680D225BF051EA4 - Taken by gabbo
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-2C23F89F4333869C - Taken by dave is ok
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-B7D36FE34028474A - Taken by laserlaser
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-732B3A592244473A - Taken by Smeagol
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-6A98A977657DEF53 - Taken by Nomadic Sparks
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-B7DE6B84817601FC - Taken by pislit
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-831CE13F1CC181B6 - Taken by fifasnipe2224

No examples here but I started SC and maybe it's just me but the portrait for Estelle in the menus looks more in line from what i'm seeing in Evolution? Maybe that's just me thinking that coming right after looking at those current images posted here but they look a bit different than original FCs? Maybe i'm crazy....

This?

Every character in Sky SC have different menu portraits than FC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
didnt know Turok 2 was coming. Is it getting some work done like the first one, or is it more of a straight quick port job?

ediet: nvm trailer says its a remaster

Jawmuncher

didnt know Turok 2 was coming. Is it getting some work done like the first one, or is it more of a straight quick port job?

ediet: nvm trailer says its a remaster

Yeah they changed more in this one than Turok 1 including gameplay changes and save anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom