• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's going to be a year.

Maybe Nier being succesful might make them rethink their strategy.
...But it has been such a clusterfuck that they could very well take the wrong lessons from it :/

Our new strategy! Tease PC gamers about a possible release, reveal and remove release dates, and then rake in all the money when we finally give them a real date!

Ascheroth

I'm disappointed GAF. No one could answer my Trivia question (or no one cared about the game).
So here's a regular raffle with some extras :/

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ascheroth, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Chroma Squad -- MB-C61074FCBBFED058 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 1 entrants total.
Day of the Tentacle Remastered -- MB-D3342C024E47BE47 - Taken by GrinningColossus. 3 entrants total.
Super Hexagon -- MB-198D6DE230C5AE0A - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
The Swapper -- MB-D5D01DECFB058A85 - Taken by Jadax. 2 entrants total.

t1489424266z1.png

BlakeofT

just for funsies i tried running MK 8 at 10K resolution

(downsampled to 4k because it would be a 80MB image otherwise)

Even at this res it was pumping out 10-15 fps. This is insane. I don't think the game would perform this well if it was officially ported lol.

Man, that's beautiful. 10k is such a crazy concept to me. Makes me wonder what gaming will be like 20 years from now.

kulapik

Already used my first 1000 chrono coins to get Hammerwatch

Clicked the pay button and the key was instantly in front of me

FeelsGoodMan

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A game about loincloths -- MB-C9B3C8CA2AF28A4B - Taken by prudislav. 14 entrants total.

t1489350933z1.png

It's probably Conan Exiles, right?

I think I'd be more interested if it was DRAGON: A Game About A Dragon though. Still can't get over that title.

Ludens

Banned
Why all those crpg have awful "deluxe" editions?
I mean, what's the purpose to pay even 30€ more to have forum avatars, a recipe book or stuff like that?
I would agree if they offered a season pass, but they seem all insanely overpriced to me (I'm talking about Pillars, Tyranny and Torment of course).

Whaaa. So now paying for games opens a Steam app link if paid via the browser rather than display a confirmation page/receipt? Doesn't even function properly as nothing happens in the Steam client.

Update: so I was forced to pay via the Steam client instead. Ugh. With no LastPass availability it's annoying having to copy/paste over details. Wish all games I'd like were on GOG.

Wait, did they really remove the ability to buy stuff via browser?

Hektor

I mean, what's the purpose to pay even 30€ more to have forum avatars, a recipe book or stuff like that?
I would agree if they offered a season pass, but they seem all insanely overpriced to me (I'm talking about Pillars, Tyranny and Torment of course).

Those are all goodies they gave away on kickstarter for the higher backer tiers, so people paying more would get at least *something* more, and now that they have all this stuff created they might as well sell that as DLC

Li Kao

Is Slime Rancher good ?
Maybe Hollow Knight ? Owlboy ?
I had the biggest burnout of my life on Witcher 3 and it has been months since I really played a game :-/

What's SteamGAF darling game these days ?

Phinor

I like such deluxe editions. It allows people to throw more money at developers if they really, really want to do that but the rest of us miss exactly zero gameplay content.

I do wonder if those deluxe editions sell well though but I guess they do because developers keep doing that.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Is Slime Rancher good ?
I had the biggest burnout of my life on Witcher 3 and it has been months since I really played a game :-/

Hollow Knight and Nier Automata drops March 17 XOXO

Tizoc

Is Slime Rancher good ?

Right now it is hollow knight, followed by xanadu next
Both are $15 atm so u cant go wrong with both!

Momentary

Banned
The bad thing about Nier is that it's DirectX11. So forcing AA through Inspector and downsampling through GeDoSaTo is pretty much out of the question. So basically the game has to come out with support for arbitrary resolutions and decent AA right out of the box. You could probably force ReShade AA. But I find that it's not very good at all.

Hopefully the game is so popular that someone can mod arbitrary resolutions and AA into the game somehow.

Sorry for being a pessimist, but the last few games I've bought have been horrible. They also happened to be Koei Tecmo games... Damn I'm so salty.

Hektor

Didn't play Nier, and if I'm decided to leave my OCD behind and not plays every games in a series these days, wouldn't it be a waste ? Come to think of it I don't know how linked they are.

If you're OCD about completing a franchise then you're tough out of luck with this one lol.

There 4 Games
A Book
A Drama CD
Around 30 small Novellas
2x 3 Manga Volumes
A picture book
and a stageplay

All of it is canon and only avilable in japanese, excluding the games.

If you can overcome it tho, know that none of i is needed at all to enjoy Automata

Didn't play Nier, and if I'm decided to leave my OCD behind and not plays every games in a series these days, wouldn't it be a waste ? Come to think of it I don't know how linked they are.
I used to be like this but nowadays I really don't care. So there might be some winks and nods and connective tissues, oh well. Play the game that is more immediately interesting and seems more fun, don't make yourself suffer through dozens upon dozens of hours of older, jankier games with the idea that it is the "real" way to go through it. Fuck it. They're games.

Arthea

If you're OCD about completing a franchise then you're tough out of luck with this one lol.

There 4 Games
A Book
A Drama CD
Around 30 small Novellas
2x 3 Manga Volumes
A picture book
and a stageplay

If you can overcome it tho, know that none of i is needed at all to enjoy Automata

4 games? There are 5 games, at least I thought there are

Wok

Is Slime Rancher good ?

Owlboy. Do not listen to others.

Then Hollow Knight, but you will get burnt once again.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

There 4 Games
A Book
A Drama CD
Around 30 small Novellas
2x 3 Manga Volumes
A picture book
and a stageplay

I think you can find translations to a lot of that stuff. Still not needed for Nier Automata since from what I gather most stuff is small nods

Nabs

Is Slime Rancher good ?

Hollow Knight is great. It's also pretty cheap for what you get.

Tonton

Fate/Extella and Cold Steel will come to PC. It's just a matter of when.
I imagine Cold Steel will come, just wish they'd be faster and maybe try to have CS3 next year with a PC version day 1 like Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII

Fate I'm not so sure tbh

There 4 Games
A Book
A Drama CD
Around 30 small Novellas
2x 3 Manga Volumes
A picture book
and a stageplay

I hate this crossmedia stuff because most of it tends to never leave Japan

I'll probably only play the games I can get access to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom