• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Xseed doesn't port games to PC. They simply have someone that can insert the localization and the edited graphics in it on top of adding QOL and achievements. They would need to pay up someone else to do it. I would guess it's one of the reason they didn't get Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII. Both Aksys and NISA are funding PC ports of these two.
Yeah, very likely.

Sara is a wizard but she's only one person and she's the one touching up already existing PC versions.
Xseed don't have the in-house manpower for actual ports.

Tonton

Xseed doesn't port games to PC. They simply have someone that can insert the localization and the edited graphics in it on top of adding QOL and achievements. They would need to pay up someone else to do it. I would guess it's one of the reason they didn't get Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII. Both Aksys and NISA are funding PC ports of these two.
No one is expecting them to port them in house, they can just hire an external porting studio like they did with Little King's Story, which was their initiative to port and not the original devs porting and them publishing (like Akiba's Trip) or an existing PC port they touched up with Sara(their Falcom games)

Arthea

This argument is irrelevant, if they were sure it will sell a lot, they could hire any porting company. I'm pretty sure they've done it with some other games.

I believe Cold Steel series will eventually come to PC. Considering Falcom interest in making sure Tokyo Xanadu and Ys VIII had a PC port, it's just a question of when and how.

Ascheroth

Tits chapter 3 will bomb and xseed will drop the pc platform for the foreseeable future
Based on SteamSpy owner numbers and completion rate of SC, 3rd currently has a maximum target audience of around 14k on Steam.
Though the PSP side needs to be added to this, of which I don't know any numbers, but it would be interesting to know.

Vamphuntr

Tits chapter 3 will bomb and xseed will drop the pc platform for the foreseeable future

It will do poorly for sure. It requires the player having played the two previous games. I'll get it day 1 but yeah it will bomb. Not the first Falcom bomb on PC though, hello Xanadu Next.

This argument is irrelevant, if they were sure it will sell a lot, they could hire any porting company. I'm pretty sure they've done it with some other games.

Bolded is the issue. Best situation would be for Falcom to go the Spike Chunsoft route. Last time they've used "any porting company" we got Little King Story lol

NeoRaider

First page of NieR: Automata Steam Community:

7KLY2m7.jpg

Lmao

Arthea

Based on SteamSpy owner numbers and completion rate of SC, 3rd currently has a maximum target audience of around 14k on Steam.
Though the PSP side needs to be added to this, of which I don't know any numbers, but it would be interesting to know.

I think it's safe to assume that everybody who has any PC that can run games, bought it on PC.
PSP is too long dead.

I still hope that more people will finish/are in process of finishing SC before TC releases, but we are all aware by now that TC won't be a top seller, unfortunately, Xseed is aware too, so I for one am really thankful they are releasing it at all.

Steel trilogy isn't this old, so probably it could sell better, although I'm not entirely sure of that also. I'd buy it day one, and Ao and Zero.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Based on SteamSpy owner numbers and completion rate of FC, SC has a maximum target audience of around 30k on Steam. At the moment SteamSpy shows around 40k owners for SC.

It might be more fair to say that most people who bought SC can be counted to by 3rd, regardless of completion rate.

So depressing.
Forgive them Estelle. They aren't worthy of you.

I had to hold back tears when the SC localization was announced, the people at XSeed (and Carpe Fulgur) will forever be heroes to me.

Please buy the Trails games people, they're awesome.

A reminder of what it took to bring these games over:

https://www.google.pt/amp/kotaku.com/the-curse-of-kiseki-how-one-of-japans-biggest-rpgs-bar-1740055631/amp

Press Turn

Neo Member
Based on SteamSpy owner numbers and completion rate of FC, SC has a maximum target audience of around 30k on Steam. At the moment SteamSpy shows around 40k owners for SC.

It might be more fair to say that most people who bought SC can be counted to by 3rd, regardless of completion rate.

working on it!~
Req0XBQ.png

I think Chapter 2 is finishing soonish

Wok

Game name: anagram for nothing
Game DRM: opposite of nothing

NieR Denuvo => "Rien de nouveau" => mind blown 🙉 🙈 🙊

Coreda

For some reason I have a game called No Time To Explain Remastered in my library, said to have been purchased in 2014. Yet there is no way I bought this game. Anyone have an idea how I could check the way it landed here?

Edit: seems all games state they're 'purchased' regardless of the type of acquisition. I don't recall ever participating in a mystery raffle though. Puzzling.

data

For some reason I have a game called No Time To Explain Remastered in my library, said to have been purchased in 2014. Yet there is no way I bought this game. Anyone have an idea how I could check the way it landed here?
You own speedrunners.

If you got SpeedRunners before a certain date, you got No Time to Explain Remastered added to your library for free.

Ascheroth

They were fairly in-line for a long time.
But obviously there's a GOG and PSP version of FC and SC and people could mix and match, so those numbers aren't really meaningful anyway and you could be right in that people who bought SC might be more inclined to buy 3rd even without having finished it.
But regardless, what can be seen is that the target audience is pretty small, sadly :/

Amzin

I totally get the complaints towards Legend of Korra, but as someone who is a huge fan of the show/world/characters, I still quite enjoy it. I would LOVE a higher-budget sequel though, the edges of a great game are there, it clearly just was way too under fulfilled.

After beating that, I've put a few hours into Voidspire Tactics, which is a bizarre little game so far. It's quite good but inventory management is my least favorite thing in gaming and this game amps it up to 11 so that's :/ My only complaint so far is the inventory thing actually.

sprinkles

I would like to have Cold Steel 1&2 on PC - not just to have all Trails games on one platform but also to be able to replay the Erebonian story with good performance some day (I swear casting higher Arts or just the cut scenes at the end of CS 2 ran single digit FPS on the Vita).

But at this point we all better hope that Xseed will work on the Ao/Zero duology after Tits 3rd. We really need those games translated, the Crossbell characters seem like great guys after (Cold Steel 2 Spoiler)
meeting them in the epilogue of CS2
. Also the Crossbell Arc seems to be very important the overall story.

I totally get the complaints towards Legend of Korra, but as someone who is a huge fan of the show/world/characters, I still quite enjoy it. I would LOVE a higher-budget sequel though, the edges of a great game are there, it clearly just was way too under fulfilled.

It's alright, it's just nothing to write home about.

Tonton

I would like to have Cold Steel 1&2 on PC - not just to have all Trails games on one platform but also to be able to replay the Erebonian story with good performance some day (I swear casting higher Arts or just the cut scenes at the end of CS 2 ran single digit FPS on the Vita).

But at this point we all better hope that Xseed will work on the Ao/Zero duology after Tits 3rd. We really need those games translated, the Crossbell characters seem like great guys after (Cold Steel 2 Spoiler)
meeting them in the epilogue of CS2
. Also the Crossbell Arc seems to be very important the overall story.
yeah some of the cutscenes in cs2 near the end were really rough on Vita
It's no wonder Falcom isn't bothering with it for cs3

Just finished Blaster Master Zero on Switch. There's something about lower res sprite games that makes them much more enjoyable on handhelds. I think it's the condensed resolutions/pixels and the sharper image. So a game like Hollow Knight is something I'd much rather play on my PC, but something like Axiom Verge on a handheld.

But I'm a weird handheld fanboy so it's probably just me.

EDIT: Axiom Verge is a poor example, but it's the first thing that came to mind. I think people will get my point though.

Tizoc

Yo heads up to anyone who ordered Nier A. from Play asia, go check your order, mine reads 'preparing order'.

Just finished Blaster Master Zero on Switch. There's something about lower res sprite games that makes them much more enjoyable on handhelds. I think it's the condensed resolutions/pixels and the sharper image. So a game like Hollow Knight is something I'd much rather play on my PC, but something like Axiom Verge on a handheld.

But I'm a weird handheld fanboy so it's probably just me.

EDIT: Axiom Verge is a poor example, but it's the first thing that came to mind. I think people will get my point though.

Speaking of BM Zero, is it published by Nintendo? If not, I'd love to get it on Steam too.
Which reminds me I should go finish downloading it :V

Speaking of BM Zero, is it published by Nintendo? If not, I'd love to get it on Steam too.
Which reminds me I should go finish downloading it :V
AFAIK it's not, but still a Nintendo exclusive. I may be wrong though. I wouldn't mind having it on Steam either. It's a good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom