• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

just 4 days til Nieeeer

Soon

jBaL64F.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
And here I thought Crash Bandicoot is a 3D platformer like Mario 64 is a 3A platformer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
There is no "purchase button". It is weird the page is still up. I'm confused.

Oh, yeah, true to form, EA yanked the game as people were having trouble with key validation and never put it back up. I thought you were saying that it isn't on Steam at all.

Tizoc

Some day I will finish Alice Madness Returns.
The levels are just kind of too long aren't they.
Indeed they are
One thing i suggest is to play it alongside a 'lighter' game like a pnc adventure game
Aim to complete 1 stage a day in alice, or at least make something like 1 hour's progress
Do this daily and eventually u would have fompleted the game

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuuuccck Hollow Knight is really good. Played for like 5 hours last night. Found some cool movement tech and am really loving the art. Looknig like this one is likely to hit my GOTY list if it keeps up.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Fuuuuuuccck Hollow Knight is really good. Played for like 5 hours last night. Found some cool movement tech and am really loving the art. Looknig like this one is likely to hit my GOTY list if it keeps up.
Everyone stop talking about how good this game is. You're making my 'wait until the first sale' policy hard to follow.

DarKshodaN

Man looks like i need to get it soon

gngf123

Windows 10 decided to switch my 360 controller drivers around again. No wonder I started to feel more input lag recently.

Is there any way I can block this nonsense?

gngf123

Everyone stop talking about how good this game is. You're making my 'wait until the first sale' policy hard to follow.

Buy it!

Honestly, it is a bargain at the current price. £11 is not much for a metroidvania as good as this, and you can get it even cheaper on Humble if you have the 10% monthly discount.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm betting the Nier port will suck. If they had anything to offer they would have mentioned it when they did the Valve pre-order thingy. I'm betting resolution cap and iffy FPS in certain areas despite the game won't be using all of your horsepower.

I'll still play it.

Nillansan

Yeah, I also don't see a problem with this, unless the context is some sort of 'so I get stomach cramps if I see them on another platform'-shit.

It did in fact remind of the whole stomach cramp ordeal from the helpdesk thread. I might've read too much into it, it could just be a case of innocent nostalgia.

Hektor

I'm betting the Nier port will suck. If they had anything to offer they would have mentioned it when they did the Valve pre-order thingy. I'm betting resolution cap and iffy FPS in certain areas despite the game won't be using all of your horsepower.

I'll still play it.

The game does have some streaming related hickups on console as well

I'll still play it.
I don't think it'll out right suck, but I had hoped that when pre-orders went up SE would've allocated a community manager to get the word out like how Capcom handle things.

Ps. Looking at the Steam top-sellers chart it seems to be selling ok.

Monooboe

Windows 10 decided to switch my 360 controller drivers around again. No wonder I started to feel more input lag recently.

Is there any way I can block this nonsense?

Wait what, a driver can cause input lag? What driver were you using? I'm using the built in drivers for Xbox One controller and they work fine but if there is even a slight possibility to get better performce then I have to know.:D

gngf123

1080/60 locked, with Denuvo preventing changes to that and other mods.

That's what I'm expecting from Nier, with any luck Denuvo will be cracked within the first week and people will start modding it.

JaseC

I'll still play it.

I don't think it'll be capped to 1080p. Platinum has been edging closer towards proper arbitrary resolution support with each new release, with both Transformers and Turtles officially supporting select >1080p resolutions -- baby steps forward, certainly, but forward all the same.

gngf123

Wait what, a driver can cause input lag? What driver were you using? I'm using the built in drivers for Xbox One controller and they work fine but if there is even a slight possibility to get better performce then I have to know.:D

Yeah, I noticed significant input lag when I switched to W10. I noticed it particularly when playing 2D platformers like Shantae, but it was elsewhere too.

Searched around and it was a common problem, and people reported that switching to the old 2009 driver fixed the problem. I did that and it immediately fixed everything, but every now and then W10 insists on switching it back to the newer driver.

Note this is with a 360 controller. No idea how an X1 controller would be.

For a reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4fgcb1/fix_for_gaming_lag_on_windows_10/, allthough my controller is wired.

Grief.exe

I don't think it'll be capped to 1080p. Platinum has been edging closer towards proper arbitrary resolution support with each new release, with both Transformers and Turtles officially supporting select >1080p resolutions -- baby steps forward, certainly, but forward all the same.

This is my assumption as well, they seem to continually make progress with each release. Platinum games will be mind blowing if they ever support fully arbitrary resolution and frame rate.

My guess is they are still somewhat constrained by the marketing deal.

Monooboe

Yeah, I noticed significant input lag when I switched to W10. I noticed it particularly when playing 2D platformers like Shantae, but it was elsewhere too.

Searched around and it was a common problem, and people reported that switching to the old 2009 driver fixed the problem. I did that and it immediately fixed everything, but every now and then W10 insists on switching it back to the newer driver.

Note this is with a 360 controller. No idea how an X1 controller would be.

For a reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4fgcb1/fix_for_gaming_lag_on_windows_10/, allthough my controller is wired.

That is so weird, one would think that once they got a driver doing it's thing and being good at it they would just leave it. Wonder what they do to make it lag?o_O

Good to know if I get lag in any game, at the moment I haven't noticed anything.

Kagemusha

Steam has locked me from the community market. It's telling me to do two things:

Code:
The Market is unavailable for the following reason(s):
You must have a valid Steam purchase that is between 30 days and a year old [U]with no recent chargebacks or payment disputes[/U].	To remove this restriction...

You have created 868 listings this year. Before you can sell or list more than 200 items in a calendar year, we are [U]required to collect certain information from you[/U]. This does not affect buying.	Please click here to provide the necessary information.	To find out more about this requirement, please visit our FAQ.

I haven't made any payment disputes or chargebacks. And I've been buying cards every day for the past 3 years. Haven't added any payment options in forever.

Steam also wants me to imput my IRS info. I'm cool with doing that, but I can't figure out where I go to do that. Any ideas? The link it says to click just takes me to my account page. I have done this in the past. Thanks for help in advance

Steam has locked me from the community market. It's telling me to do two things:

Code:
You must have a valid Steam purchase that is between 30 days and a year old [U]with no recent chargebacks or payment disputes[/U].	To remove this restriction...

You have created 868 listings this year. Before you can sell or list more than 200 items in a calendar year, we are [U]required to collect certain information from you[/U]. This does not affect buying.	Please click here to provide the necessary information.	To find out more about this requirement, please visit our FAQ.

I haven't made any payment disputes or chargebacks. And I've been buying cards every day for the past 3 years. Haven't added any payment options in forever.

Steam also wants me to imput my IRS info. I'm cool with doing that, but I can't figure out where I go to do that. Any ideas? The link it says to click just takes me to my account page. I have done this in the past. Thanks for help in advance

If you've done the IRS thing already then you shouldn't have to do it again. I'd try Support (yes, I know, that sounds like a bad joke)

JaseC

Code:

Community Market purchases don't count. It has to be something from the Steam Store (this also includes Steam Wallet funds, which isn't to be confused with the activation of a Steam Wallet code).

The link may work once you're eligible to use the market again, assuming you've yet to do it this year.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also there are dumb people saying Crash isn't a 3D platformer in the same vein that Mario 3D Land/World isn't a 3D platformer.

Hektor

Only tangentially related to talking about 3D platformers but i want a new Prince of Persia, and a linear non-openworld one at that thank you k bye

Teggy

Ugh, I am so disinterested in trying to beat
Hollow Knight
in Hollow Knight. Given it about 20 tries so far and think I've gotten pretty far but can't finish it. Throwing myself against it again and again is just not fun at all.

Only tangentially related to talking about 3D platformers but i want a new Prince of Persia, and a linear non-openworld one at that thank you k bye
I think we've seen the last of those types of games from Ubi, unless they finds a way of shoe-horning in on-line shit.

Lomax

I played 14 hours of Atelier Sophie over the weekend and I know I've barely scratched the surface, it really is the crafting game I've always wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom