• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
rfHwqul.png

It's suspiciously missing

gngf123

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gngf123, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dungeon of the Endless Crystal Edition -- MB-A265B69ADD595F1B - Taken by rainking187. 18 entrants total.

t1489442526z1.png

A little something back.

EDIT: This isn't the upgrade pack, it shouldn't be marked as DLC. It's the full game.

kionedrik

Warhammer is on 65% on steam, so...

edit: but they didn't note that on the page, only other review sites with way higher scores

The game's average is an effect of their DLC policy.
It's a petty revenge but not completely unwarranted imho.

edit: Humble has a really good mobile bundle right now.

madjoki

Honestly I see this as a bad thing. Sony trying to keep publishers and developers from making dedicated PC ports by allowing us to pay Sony instead of the game studios to access their games.

Agreed. Especially considering it not available in most of Europe, let alone worldwide.

Tizoc

Dear square and asshole-ish dragon quest team
Start bringing the dq series to steam damn you.
Dq8 on 3ds is fun but playing it with playing it with original gfx is sorely needed

Ascheroth

Diamond is Unbeakable > Stardust Crusaders

That said, I enjoy the setting and characters from Persona 3, but I've never completed it :(

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Dear square and asshole-ish dragon quest team
Start bringing the dq series to steam damn you.
Dq8 on 3ds is fun but playing it with playing it with original gfx is sorely needed

Doubly so on this because DQ8 is one of those JRPGs that can last for 100+ hours and doing all that on a handheld is a lot of staring at a small screen. I got these huge computer monitors right here...

Hollow Knight
-phew beat
Mantis Trio
with an un upgraded nail
that was a pain in the ass and was probably meant to be done later, but i dont give a fuck

Anno

Hollow Knigh-phew beat
Mantis Trio
with an un upgraded nail
that was a pain in the ass and was probably meant to be done later, but i dont give a fuck

I think it's one of the fights that isn't even meant to be done. I think the devs said only 5 or 6 out of the ~30 bosses are required to beat the game.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Hollow Knigh-phew beat
Mantis Trio
with an un upgraded nail

Get it done! I ran into the spoilered enemy above and NOPE'd the heck outta there so fast after seeing it in action. Been exploring other areas and will probably have to go back since they seems like a route I'll need to go eventually.

Really really liking the game so far.

gngf123

Is the game good? It's been on Steam since November 2014 and it's still Early Access :/

Yeah, they seem to be pretty behind schedule. They say they will leave early access when Mission 23 is done, and they are currently on Mission 20. At the rate they are going maybe they'll get out of EA this year I guess.

No idea if what they have is actually good or not.

Deques

Yeah, they seem to be pretty behind schedule. They say they will leave early access when Mission 23 is done, and they are currently on Mission 20. At the rate they are going maybe they'll get out of EA this year I guess.

No idea if what they have is actually good or not.

How similar is Project Nimbus from Strike Suit Zero?

while this is tempting i think i can wait a bit long for this. good to see it being dropped that far though already

I'd imagine it'll be cheaper soon

overall the game is ok for what it is but they really phoned in the PC version

yeah they've done patches and such to try and fix issues but should have never launched as bad as it did

Lomax

I played 60 hours and probably spent 20 hours in crafting. :D There is so much possibility with fun!

I'd say I've probably spent well over half my active play time (not including story and conversations) on crafting and messing with the crafting. I love how the story is just emergent as you play through things and it really does feed a desire I've had for a great single player game with crafting that I can remember wanting for at least over a decade. Still amazed that I won it and thankful for the exceptional generosity of the giver, and I'm glad my hype and interest hasn't been let down any.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Guys, is there a mod that will make Batman slimmer or leaner in Arkham Asylum, or any of the other games?

No, because the games are set up around the specific geometry and animation skeleton of Batman/other characters and movement and combat works off that. Changing that just leads to the game crashing and/or clipping issues.

There are mods to play as Robin, Nightwing, or Catwoman in the later game during free roam however. Though that doesn't help for story mode and you obviously lose Batman's gadgets.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres a code for that Bundlestars sale btw

SPRING10

FLD

So, it's not looking like I'll be done with Hollow Knight in time for Styx (assuming GamersGate does give me my key at midnight tonight), but I'm curious approximately how much I have left. I just
took out my first of the three main dudes that have their faces on the egg. The Beast, I think it was?

Also, am i missing something with the paths that are blocked by
a stream of black goo
? I'm assuming it'll be obvious when I can cross them but figured I'd ask just in case I'm being dumb.

deejay

Didn't get a message from CDKeys but the keys for Styx are up (got mine just now, at least). Might want to check your order status.

Anyone have tips on cheap reliable external storage?

The Western Digital externals are all pretty good. I've only had issues with the MyBooks (although, to be fair, the one I've got is pretty old by now).

Depending on what you want, you can go for the powered enclosures, or the plug-and-play ones (that draw power from the USB ports). The plug-and-play drives are great for storing backups or infrequently accessed data. For anything that requires 24/7 uptime and is always connected to your PC, I'd probably go with a powered enclosure.

Note that most externals are 5400 RPM, so if you want something in the 7200 RPM range you're better off getting a WD 7200 RPM Black drive and sticking it in an enclosure (although for games that don't stream from the disk frequently, it doesn't really matter). If you're just putting data on this external 5400 RPM is likely fine. Just make sure that whatever you get is USB 3.0 for the best read/write speeds.

Nabs

Whew. Metal Gear Rising is a lot of fun when you don't have to deal with a 360 pad with analog drift. I ended up playing and finishing it over the weekend. Bring on Nier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom