• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Damn I thought we would see PS2 games long before they do PS4 lol.

This is great tho. Now people will be able actually stream higher quality versions of stuff like Uncharted and TLOU instead of those old shitty PS3 versions. And ofc Bloodborne along with all the newer stuff will be nice if/when they put it in there. I'll definitely be checking out the service for a few months now. Its actually worth it.

Jawmuncher

As someone who really liked HR what's Mankind Divided like compared to it?

It's on par with it, for most it seems. I can't imagine someone who liked HR not liking MD.
Maybe liking it a little less, but not in any sort of extreme way where they feel it's terrible or anything. I personally preferred it to the first game, since it made action routes far more viable I felt.

The higher RPM the less load time?

If loading time is based on streaming data from disk, then yes. That's the main reason that SSDs usually significantly improve load time.

Since 7200 RPM is faster than 5400 RPM, load time would be decreased (faster loads) as long as the CPU or RAM aren't bottlenecks. Probably not a significant increase, though.(Certainly not as much as going from a hard drive to an SSD.)

zkylon

zkylewd
hey, thanks to tizoc for akin (even if it was already redeemed lol), and happy birthday!

you should post more in league thread

Coreda

They should cancel it. If Konami wants to redeem themselves they need to put all efforts into making a proper MGS6 game without Kojima.

Given what they showed for Survive idk if they're up to it. The MGS3 pachislot graphics were tight though. They could have focused on making it a proper remake.

Guess i need all Nekopara Badges

I'd love to craft some of these but then my level color would change, and I like it being red atm since it matches the avy. Oh well. Edit: next one is at level 110 (!).

YJaPAgE.png

That's quite a literal fuck you for some Asian regions Steam users.

Our only options now are:

1. Move to another country
2. Buy a PS4 and the game
3. Pirate

It's crazy.

They should cancel it. If Konami wants to redeem themselves they need to put all efforts into making a proper MGS6 game without Kojima.
But you know that won't happen. Seems like Konami is averse to commiting large amount of time and money. They are going to use existing assets and milk whatever profit they could.

it's better than human revolution in almost every regard, like better gameplay, combat, level design, better hub (if not a little too big), more attention to detail. it also has a great art direction like hr with both games having amazing soundtracks.

however, the things i thought mankind divided utterly failed were the (cut in half) story, scope and characters, which coincidently are the very things i love the most about deus ex.

so yeah, even though mankind is the better (playing) game with more polished gameplay and more player freedom, i still prefer human revolution for its narrative aspects. but still, md is my 2016 goty and very well worth the €12,79 it's now on greenmangaming.com

That's quite a literal fuck you for some Asian regions Steam users.

Our only options now are:

1. Move to another country
2. Buy a PS4 and the game
3. Pirate

It's crazy.
They retroactively checked your IP and cancelled your preorder? That's crazy! Try your luck on HB? It hasn't cancelled mine. And I've used VPN to buy bundles before.
Has anyone done the research why some Japanese companies are so weird about some Asian regions?
SE had runtime lock on certain games even after the implementation of ACRTAG restriction, selling at first world unlocked prices, but I guess that's just old management mindset. This near continent wide lock reeks of Sony moneyhat but it's not like SE hasn't done this before, several FF games were absent because fuck you.

I haven't gotten that. Than again I used a VPN with a Us PayPal.

I guess that's another way to purchase the game, but not really an option for me unfortunately.

They retroactively checked your IP and cancelled your preorder? That's crazy! Try your luck on HB? It hasn't cancelled mine. And I've used VPN to buy bundles before.

Can't you unlock it with a VPN or is it runtime locked too?

It's taken from the Nier thread, not mine. Someone (whose regions is also locked) tried purchasing the game from GMG.

And yeah, it seems that the system check our IP and will cancel the pre-order. That's some dedication from them.

can we buy it from GMG with global key and activate it using Asian Steam account? or they won't allow it to be activated also?

Nope. I tried it and got this:
YJaPAgE.png

Coreda

Can't you unlock it with a VPN or is it runtime locked too?

If they're only checking IP addresses it should be trivial to bypass (assuming the keys themselves aren't region locked). The new Opera browser for example has a free VPN built-in.

Some places will check the location of payment though, and I've read PayPal has frozen various users' accounts for using VPNs since it supposedly violates their ToS. Apparently some here haven't experienced this though so maybe things have changed?

Generally more of the same, if you can accept that the narrative is of a smaller scale. No longer a globe spanning revenge tale, it's more about uncovering the terrorist actions in Prague. Environments are just a thousand times better to look at and dense with art though.

I bet the new Metal Gear zombie game will get cancelled.
I hope not. I want some more MGSV sandbox goodness.

It's taken from the Nier thread, not mine. Someone (whose regions is also locked) tried purchasing the game from GMG.

And yeah, it seems that the system check our IP and will cancel the pre-order. That's some dedication from them.
It's rich coming from GMG of all retailers, caring so much about the well-being of publishers.

Well the silver lining is Nier is not runtime locked nor is it activation locked (which a VPN could bypass).
maybe because of sales difference? like people buying in asian stores since they're cheaper

but then aren't the keys already region locked?
There are no Asian stores, no Asian retail release. Asians can't buy it, period.

Sarcasm

I guess that's another way to purchase the game, but not really an option for me unfortunately.

Can you send money to other people's PayPal? Though that voucher is dead.

My favorite way to play MGR, that actually make me feel like a badass cyborg ninja is with a gully upgraded Fox Blade. You can just mow down all the regular enemies, and only the bosses are a challenge like it should be. Playing it that way made me appreciate the game more. Since originally I wasn't very big on it. In my eyes, raiden shouldn't really have to be dealing with cyborg cops and soldiers for more than a sec.
That thing is just one big cheat, but man is it so fun to have a playthrough where you're effectively using an authentically handling video game lightsaber on everything.

I like MGR but also didn't like it that much, the AIs aren't that dynamic compared to something like Bayonetta, Vanquish and the DMC games

the last boss for example, you literally just mash a combo until it's stunned and you mash more combos, then you wait until the AI do their attacks, dodge whatever obvious area attacks it's going to do, then you repeat, it's basically mmo boss design and I hated it.
I found the last boss brilliant because it was incorporating your skills in blade time and stepped it up in a way that you weren't expected to up until then. I found it funny how much of a hard time people had on it. The boss fights are like the exclamation points to all the chapters in Rising, so bringing up Bayonetta there as a better example I'd disagree, since they're all generally just huge lumbering abstract beasts in that game that don't utilize the moment-to-moment as well as the general fights.

Volimar

You know, I'm really pleased with my little Alienware Alpha. It was the lowest tier one and all I've done is added some more RAM, and it still keeps up fairly well with most games. Mankind Divided running fine on High settings. The only problem I've really run into was having to run the Wildlands beta on medium.

Ozium

MGS SURVIVE is going to come out

Believe in Konami.

They are keeping it tight to make the reveal a surprise for all the fans.

Please look forward to it!

TI82

Banned
Okay guys I'm going a bit nuts here. All of my wireless xbox one controllers d-pads will not work at all now on windows 10. I don't know what changed I didn't update or anything.

Edit: Even plugged in they aren't working wtf

Pixieking

Banned

I'm in partial agreement with White Wolf - MD's story is poor, and the characters are lifeless. I cannot think of anyone with the same depth as Malik in MD.

Where I disagree with White Wolf is in MD having better level design - I thought it was pretty boring. *shrugs*

Either way you cut it, it's not as good as HR. It's worth playing, but seriously lower your expectations for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's nice that Valve's finally added some nuance to key revocations:

A product code you registered has been revoked from your account by the publisher:

3 Mar Dawn of War III Beta for Beta Testing

Your Steam key activation has been revoked by the publisher of the game, because a pre-release beta or test period has ended. The content associated with this Steam key can no longer be used as a result.

Previously, there was just the one message, so even when a beta ended, people would be told that there was a payment processing error, which made no sense and caused some concern that user account standings had been affected.

(because playstation ireland, along with playstation serbia and playstation burkina faso and playstation isis, don't know shit about shit?)

That tweet was actually published after the very same account "confirmed" PS4 exclusivity, suggesting there was a call from somewhere higher up to issue a correction.

Vibranium

Banned

Or they could port the Metal Gear Legacy Collection to Xbox One, PS4 and PC instead. That would be something for MGS fans to enjoy at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom