• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddamn Nier Automata review thread. I wish it was March 7th already so we can find out if Square Enix can pull out a PC release date from their ass.

Tizoc

BREAK ARTS II

Just saw this in the playism newsletter. Looks cool. Maybe already posted but I'm still reading 2 pages back.
First ive heard of it will check it out later

Got a backer email from the devs of journey down stating the the 3rd game will release in august. I am working thru my steam pnc backlog atm and it would be a good opportunoty to ginally play the first 2 gamez :p

Naarmight

Just had GMG cancel my UMvC3 pre-order. Said they would not be able to get the keys before launch, and are not sure they will get keys at all

Have GMG ever had a problem like that before?

They did give me a 5% voucher by way of an apology...

Goddamn Nier Automata review thread. I wish it was March 7th already so we can find out if Square Enix can pull out a PC release date from their ass.
I'm actually surprised that average reviews score is 90+, i was expecting usual 70-80 range. It's probably day 1 on PC for me now, i was in media blackout an still don't know what this game is all about, besides some hack'n'slash action and android pants.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 41 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Ampersand -- MB-E79A7986A04A1346 - Taken by Belgarion
Calculate -- MB-F60C6EB773D78DA7 - Taken by Nabae
Catch a Falling Star -- MB-A90F49E04C9200FE - Taken by Vazra
Clergy Splode -- MB-5506080D2A81D0B5 - Taken by zebez
Cosmic Dust & Rust -- MB-B94385661911D2D0 - Taken by septicore
Deep Space Dash -- MB-97C83726197C6048 - Taken by gngf123
Drayt Empire -- MB-A8D8AB506DB0A9F9 - Taken by dot
Drive Megapolis -- MB-6C66B4D0B1741CC0 - Taken by iosefe
Eaten Alive -- MB-ED3F7DB80E6DA5A2 - Taken by Camel Master
Escape Machines -- MB-24DA4A835536F4F4 - Taken by Volimar
Final Quest II -- MB-48A7A96E93D45122 - Taken by data
Flesh Eaters -- MB-8B7E7C5854AEB7D3 - Taken by Sarcasm
Freebie -- MB-2028E6DD17F46639 - Taken by FLD
Germ Wars -- MB-6D7855E54CA86ED5 - Taken by Javier23
Hyper Color Ball -- MB-A5DBAEC3900B6415 - Taken by WinterDemons
Joana's Life -- MB-6BA9977F36278D82 - Taken by madjoki
Kivi, Toilet and Shotgun -- MB-4DFCF597351FF458 - Taken by Lashley
Laraan -- MB-5107EE709E1BF68F - Taken by Smeagol
Lup -- MB-705FE39ABFFA923B - Taken by data
Midnight Carnival -- MB-C9D620294355E4D0 - Taken by MiniTaurus
Monster Puzzle -- MB-1674FCB933901143 - Taken by Belgarion
Neon Hardcorps -- MB-49D530BDBA2A16FC - Taken by Smeagol
New Kind of Adventure -- MB-7255A3AEEC939030 - Taken by bloke
OR -- MB-D5214A680822E944 - Taken by Ascheroth
Project Druid -- MB-E992E3A3274A9BDC - Taken by JCG
Shape Shifter -- MB-4E1A058E26EAB804 - Taken by Hektor
Spikit -- MB-804274CDD924E9C4 - Taken by prudislav
Star Chronicles: Delta Quadrant -- MB-9272C9C2C3F6A53F - Taken by 73V3N
Star Drifter -- MB-0DD3EFA02BD268CC - Taken by Snakethesniper
Stellar 2D -- MB-4783503F0B205D62 - Taken by bbd23
Super Mega Neo Pug -- MB-270B77697C66EA96 - Taken by Hektor
Super Mustache -- MB-F7A2CC05816119A8 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
Super Space Pug -- MB-3BEED579256DAAB4 - Taken by Megauap
Terra Incognita Chapter One: The Descendant -- MB-772B2788879A4B4D - Taken by Dream_Journey - Taken by Jawmuncher
The Land of Dasthir -- MB-BC678EF699AE75C0 - Taken by voodooray
The Tower of Elements -- MB-44C20EF5762B5DA2 - Taken by kulapik
Tinboy -- MB-30DC785DDADA44CA - Taken by longlivegaming
Town of Night -- MB-B2BF97926E94CFDC - Taken by Costa1774
Turbo Pug -- MB-804D3DB2839BA9C4 - Taken by Tart Toter 9k
Turbo Pug 3D -- MB-47F4AA4E836F3D2D - Taken by alr1ght
Turbo Pug DX -- MB-E41C62260A39458C - Taken by Loptous

Aaron D.

So, i decided to play another G̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶D̶e̶v̶ ̶T̶y̶c̶o̶o̶n̶ Game Dev Story clone, GamersGoMakers. Played through full timeline, from 80s to 2025, and managed to become an owner of multibillion dollar corporation.

That's a great write-up. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Have you looked into Software Inc.?

I think it's a stronger entry in the game-dev Tycoon sub-genre.

Isnt it just 4 reviews tho?

7, actually. Plus the reviews there and what I've been hearing about the game, lucky for me not spoiled yet, looks like it'll eclipse the first Nier when it comes to critical acclaim.

Heck I feel like playing the demo again on PS4.

I've been meaning to play more of it, but every time I've looked for a game there are less than 5 people in NA playing. Hard times.

Yeah. The sad thing is I don't think they did anything wrong during development. All the basic stuff (movement, physics, air control, damage model) is all fine. That the game still struggles to gain any traction at all strongly implies that there is no audience for this kind of arena shooter anymore.

Kudo

Zelda getting rave reviews, kinda wish I could just hold until it works on CEMU and play undub but might just play the WiiU version on launch.
Also hoping that review trend continues with Nier, if it gets 90+ Meta you can definitely say it's better than anyone expected, sales in Japan were really promising.

Bought shovel knight even though I had no interest in it. I ignored FTL until last year and was impressed so decided to follow the hype on this one too.

When I subbed for warhammer at humble bundle I noticed they had dragon's dogma for December. Not as awesome of a deal but I'd like to get that one at a good price eventually. Had it on ps3 before and I could play the online version but I don't.

r3n4ud

Think I'm more excited for the game of the month for April Humble Monthly. 99% chance I'll have it, but excited nonetheless.

So tomorrow
New monthly bundle and unlocks
Spike chunsoft news

I believe Spike Chunsoft's international event at GDC is today.

However yes I'm excited about the new Monthly Bundle. The last few had a great first game and I probly owned the most 2 games from each bundle which is definitely more favorable for me.

gngf123

I am fully expecting Hyper Light Drifter to be bundled soon.

I kind of want to buy it but I know I'll regret it if it's in a bundle.

yuraya

Zelda hitting 98 meta is incredible but man that footage in the GB quick look looked so rough. The framerate, draw distance, pop in, AA. And they were playing the Switch version too.

BotW is another great example to point out to all those wrong people who always like to say that Nintendo doesn't need powerful hardware. With powerful hardware they can still make games like Zelda look the way they do but on top of that they could achieve much better performance 60fps etc. Powerful hardware doesn't mean you have to abandon the aesthetic and design of a game. Unfortunately people don't think outside the box when it comes to technical talk. Everyone just puts graphics ahead of everything else in those conversations.

or wii u emulator

I honestly wonder on GAF, who actually dumps their games themselves for emulators and who just pirated them....

BotW is another great example to point out to all those wrong people who always like to say that Nintendo doesn't need powerful hardware. With powerful hardware they can still make games like Zelda look the way they do but on top of that they could achieve much better performance 60fps etc. Powerful hardware doesn't mean you have to abandon the aesthetic and design of a game. Unfortunately people don't think outside the box when it comes to technical talk.

Isnt the Switch quite powerful though for such a small machine/handheld? I mean my Surface Pro 4 cant play games that look like any WiiU games.

Orgen

I honestly wonder on GAF, who actually dumps their games themselves for emulators and who just pirated them....

Isnt the Switch quite powerful though for such a small machine/handheld? I mean my Surface Pro 4 cant play games that look like any WiiU games.

I see more people on GAF buying the Wii U game and dumping it on PC than most of the other game sites (in Spain I can assure you most of them will pirate the game).

Anyway, I'm glad that Zelda is getting these kind of reviews... it'll be a nice send off for my Wii U :D

yuraya

As a handheld sure its powerful. But at the end of the day its just a shield tablet with a lot of unnecessary gimmicks that just drive the price very high. They could have removed all the gimmicks and pushed power instead to make a very incredible 300$ device. Also its not just the switch that is weak but also the WiiU. If Nintendo approached these last 2 gens with a power approach all of these games like Zelda etc would perform much better across the board.

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't completely give up on making powerful hardware in the future. I think they can still release a very powerful 4k console in 3-4 years time. It will be great to have that go along with a Switch. 4k will be a standard by then and it will be very cheap to mass produce them.

dex3108

So in the end AMD hyped Ryzen a bit too much. It is great product with nice price but i5 series from Intel is still holding great. I am afraid that Intel was holding back their new better CPUs because they could so they will be able to answer fast and AMD won't be able to follow it. But we will see.

MUnited83

For you.

I wouldn't call it "quite powerful" at all. Even the GPD Win has a better CPU, for example, and that is a handheld made by a Chinese company with a infinitely tinier budget with off-the-shelf parts basically.

What is your version of the Surface Pro 4? It can definitely reach Wii U graphic levels, either way.

Grief.exe

Zelda hitting 98 meta is incredible but man that footage in the GB quick look looked so rough. The framerate, draw distance, pop in, AA. And they were playing the Switch version too.

BotW is another great example to point out to all those wrong people who always like to say that Nintendo doesn't need powerful hardware. With powerful hardware they can still make games like Zelda look the way they do but on top of that they could achieve much better performance 60fps etc. Powerful hardware doesn't mean you have to abandon the aesthetic and design of a game. Unfortunately people don't think outside the box when it comes to technical talk. Everyone just puts graphics ahead of everything else in those conversations.

PS4/XBO prove that consumers don't actually care about performance or visuals.

The greatest success on every single generation, including this one, is release the cheapest possible hardware with the highest margins.

Nintendo going low end is following the current trend and past precedent.

People on GAF, social media, and other forums like to posture about resolution and frame rate, but in reality it doesn't matter.

Really hope one of Spike Chunsoft's announcements is a PC port of Grand Kingdom. Criminally underrated game that deserves a second chance.

zkylon

zkylewd
i have most certainly pirated mine, but couldn't properly run any so don't feel too bad about it

i don't feel super proud when i buy a 100 usd console game off an illegal importer either (aka the only people that sell console games) so eh

if we had regional pricing or actual official retailers i'd feel more strongly about piracy, but when nintendo or whoever doesn't give a shit about you it's hard to give a shit about them

As a handheld sure its powerful. But at the end of the day its just a shield tablet with a lot of unnecessary gimmicks that just drive the price very high. They could have removed all the gimmicks and pushed power instead to make a very incredible 300$ device. Also its not just the switch that is weak but also the WiiU. If Nintendo approached these last 2 gens with a power approach all of these games like Zelda etc would perform much better across the board.

Yeah. I kinda wish it was only a handheld. Without the dock & the joy-cons they could probably have easily pushed the price below 250$. But Nintendo gonna gimmick.

Mivey

I wouldn't call it "quite powerful" at all. Even the GPD Win has a better CPU, for example, and that is a handheld made by a Chinese company with a infinitely tinier budget with off-the-shelf parts basically.
You are not counting on the arcane powers of "coding to the metal". With those the Switch is actually twice as fast the GDP, can somehow use twice the memory (for every kind of memory), with half the battery usage.

Amzin

Really? The Pro 4 should be able to handle a lot. I was playing decent looking games on an Acer Switch Alpha which is weaker than the Pro 4 I'm pretty sure. Not like, Assassin's Creed, but Shadowrun, Thea, um, a few others I forgot.

Only problem for me was the battery life so I swapped it out for a 2-in-1 with about the same power but more battery :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom