• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

Valve added "Steam Idlers" to their list of software that can conflict with VAC systems.

So like I've said all along, don't run Idle Master or other similar software while connected to a VAC-enabled game/server. This doesn't necessarily mean that you will be VAC banned for using such programs. And no, I have no intention of trying to play cat and mouse with Valve to try to keep Idle Master "undetectable".

How do you easily know which game is VAC-enabled ?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How do you easily know which game is VAC-enabled ?

Most of them have this on their store page:

nVhzhlQ.png

Also, someone sent me a support chat they got a reply on because they were getting the VAC disconnect error. So it looks like Valve is definitely "detecting" Idle Master now.

Jawmuncher

Valve added "Steam Idlers" to their list of software that can conflict with VAC systems.

So like I've said all along, don't run Idle Master or other similar software while connected to a VAC-enabled game/server. This doesn't necessarily mean that you will be VAC banned for using such programs. And no, I have no intention of trying to play cat and mouse with Valve to try to keep Idle Master "undetectable".

The only games where that'd be an issue would be what?
Maybe a game that on start up instantly logs you into VAC? But I don't think any games do that. Both CSGO and TF2 have you connect to servers before the VAC is enabled. So I think it's not a big deal unless for some reason you're running an idler and wanting to play some CSGO at the same time.

But considering playing a game while idling makes it slower, I dunno why you would bother.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The only games where that'd be an issue would be what?
Maybe a game that on start up instantly logs you into VAC? But I don't think any games do that. Both CSGO and TF2 have you connect to servers before the VAC is enabled. So I think it's not a big deal unless for some reason you're running an idler and wanting to play some CSGO at the same time.

But considering playing a game while idling makes it slower, I dunno why you would bother.

I couldn't even begin to describe the sheer number of emails I've got over the years from people worried about a VAC ban because they "forgot" that Idle Master was running.

But you are correct, as long as you're paying attention you would have to step through several steps before this really presents itself as an issue.

BasilZero

Okay, I figured out how to get a controller working on Evoland 1 now.

Apparently changing the compatibility on both the pad.exe AND the game's evoland.exe to Windows 7 will fix the controller input issue.

Though...for whatever reason I cant even get DS4 detected when playing the game while my Xbox360 controller works fine......

zebez

So just to clarify, running idlemaster when nothing else is running is still fine? I always turn it off when actually playing.

Kifimbo

Since this is March 1st, a quick look back at the sales for high-profile Steam games launched in February. Once again, the placement is pretty arbitrary.

Great/Good
For Honor - 400,947 ± 19,658
Sniper Elite 4 - 84,476 ± 9,027
Torment: Tides of Numenera (still early) - 62,538 ±7,767
theHunter™: Call of the Wild - 57,242 ±7,431
Northgard - 50,434 ±6,975
The Wild Eight - 47,155 ± 6,744
911 Operator (still early) - 31,773 ±5,536
Pixel Privateers - 27,486 ±5,149
Night in the Woods - 25,721 ±4,981
Hollow Knight (still early) - 21,182 ±4,520

Decent
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book - 19,165 ±4,300
BERSERK and the Band of the Hawk - 18,156 ±4,185
Diluvion - 18,408 ± 4,214
Dropzone - 15,130 ± 3,820
Hidden Folks - 14,626 ±3,756
HELLION (still early) - 14,121 ±3,691
WWE 2K17 - 13,869 ±3,658
Fairy Fencer F Advent Dark Force - 13,617 ± 3,624
Nights of Azure - 12,356 ±3,452

Bad/Bomba
Bleed 2 - 2,774 ± 1,635
LIT - 1,261 ±1,102

Too early to tell
River City Ransom: Underground - 8,322 ±2,833
Stories Untold - 1,718 ±1,504

Let me know if I missed any.

Also, this month had about 50-60 more new releases in February than last year February.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Abyss - The Wraths of Eden -- MB-7C82784DA2F594A3 - Taken by Hakkelus

Granjinha

I really, really hope that Night in The Woods, Hollow Knight and Stories Untold at least pay for themselves. Such amazing games.

Atelier too. I want more KT presence on PC.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh damn Hollow Knight is at 20k+? I thought it was half that

Fuck yeah Team Cherry, they deserve it even if they are spawned from satan's hellish godforsaken land of despair and hopelessness.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Adventure Lib -- MB-63A943FDE82F3E51 - Taken by darkchewie
Call to 10 -- MB-924C5F48E30A52FF - Taken by madjoki
Disgraced -- MB-91D9382EC1B78598 - Taken by Mavromatis
Domestic Dog -- MB-C387891B218EF1CA - Taken by Belgarion
Gryphon Knight Epic -- MB-AF7B08E059F86FE3 - Taken by Teppic
The Descendant -- MB-5DB6D0A2492D3218 - Taken by Mikurden
Tribal Pass -- MB-8D7A84C4FA11BCEA - Taken by Kifimbo
Waste Walkers: Awareness DLC -- MB-9897D10148631E68 - Taken by Catshade
Waste Walkers: Deliverance DLC -- MB-A7D0F31D44C0CF4D - Taken by rainking187
Wave of Darkness -- MB-40A39352097ECB3C - Taken by Megauap
Wrack -- MB-672312CBED4E83E6 - Taken by Smeagol

zkylon

zkylewd
john wick 2 really made me want to play gta 4 again

i know it's cool to hate on gta 4 but i really like new york as a setting and few games do new york as good as it does it

trying to think of other games i may like set there, i already played max payne 1&2 (aka the good ones) and parasite eve, and i like the blackwell games quite a bit, but not sure which others are there

Teggy

Finally beat
Shadow Master
in Hollow Knight.
Making you think you beat him and then having another round
was just evil.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So Origin has no family sharing, right?

There is: your Origin account has no real value so you just send your friend your username and password to login whenever they please. Due to the minimal use the account gets the two of you will have almost no overlap.

Source: My own experience.

Windows 10 had a whole bunch of software installed that I didn't ask it to download. A few games and apps, and Skype Preview, which it popped up an ad for. Some of it I remember uninstalling a few months ago even.

So I'm installing Lubuntu. Let's see if Linux Gaming got any better since I last tried it. (Probably not but I'll play some indie games before I go.)

City 17

There is: your Origin account has no real value so you just send your friend your username and password to login whenever they please. Due to the minimal use the account gets the two of you will have almost no overlap.

Source: My own experience.

Well that makes sense, I just bought something from them after 6 years... so they haven't added the feature as it's already built-in.

Shengar

Gedosato is not acting properly on my computer for a while now. First, Dragon's Dogma wouldn't be able to start with it, second Valkyria Chronicles wouldn't closed properly unless I shut down my computer. It also seems doesn't work with games from user whitelist :/
By the way, I used older build since the new doesn't work with Win7 64bit somehow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Since this is March 1st, a quick look back at the sales for high-profile Steam games launched in February. Once again, the placement is pretty arbitrary.

<snip>

Hollow Knight is clipping along at a steady pace. Word of mouth should do well to maintain the momentum, especially as it's insane value at $15.

Great/Good

Decent
WWE 2K17 - 13,869 ±3,658

Bad/Bomba
Bleed 2 - 2,774 ± 1,635
LIT - 1,261 ±1,102

Too early to tell

Also, this month had about 50-60 more new releases in February than last year February.

Those KT numbers though. I know that I shouldn't expect anything higher than that for Atelier and Berserk, but it'll be a huge leap when they finally release Nioh on Steam. I bet it'll sell at least 200k in a month. Toukiden 2 will still sell badly though.

Jawmuncher

Those KT numbers though. I know that I shouldn't expect anything higher than that for Atelier and Berserk, but it'll be a huge leap when they finally release Nioh on Steam. I bet it'll sell at least 200k in a month. Toukiden 2 will still sell badly though.

It doesn't help that KT ports are all over the place. You got good, bad, and everything in the middle.

Great/Good

Decent
WWE 2K17 - 13,869 ±3,658

Bad/Bomba
Bleed 2 - 2,774 ± 1,635
LIT - 1,261 ±1,102

Too early to tell

Quote - 947 ± 1,855

It's in early access but it's pretty rough even for that performance wise.

Rizzi

oh damn Hollow Knight is at 20k+? I thought it was half that

Fuck yeah Team Cherry, they deserve it even if they are spawned from satan's hellish godforsaken land of despair and hopelessness.

I thought they were Australians, not Americans. :p

I dunno, if they release Nioh at $60 with a Tecmo port I can see it flopping big time.

Toukiden 2 is going to flop everywhere on every platform. I don't know why it exists.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
all you motherfuckers with your private streaming options on steam, are you so afraid to let people see how much you suck?

I got my shit public, I dont care who sees how much I suck :3

Grief.exe

I dunno, if they release Nioh at $60 with a Tecmo port I can see it flopping big time.

Toukiden 2 is going to flop everywhere on every platform. I don't know why it exists.

Games frequently turn a profit with <100,000 sales. Determined by development/marketing budgets, Touikoden 2 likely uses reused assets and animations similar to Monster Hunter.

zkylon

zkylewd
all you motherfuckers with your private streaming options on steam, are you so afraid to let people see how much you suck?

I got my shit public, I dont care who sees how much I suck :3

does anyone even remember how to stream lol

in any case ppl kept asking me to stream league but i get like 800 ping when i do stream and that's not very enjoyable

Wow, trying out The Talos Principle on Linux with Vulkan and I'm hitting performance that's in the same ballpark as DX11 on Windows. My 970 was struggling to stay above 60 fps the last time I tried Linux. Now it's well above that. Very impressive.

Also, the Humble Freedom Bundle added a ton of Linux games to my account. So I guess I'll stay on Linux for a while.

Thanks to the Amazon and Nintendo relationship I'm getting Zelda on the 7th, and thanks to Square Enix and their PC policy I'm gonna have to wait to see on a NieR release date before I decided to start it right away.

Rhaknar

does anyone even remember how to stream lol

in any case ppl kept asking me to stream league but i get like 800 ping when i do stream and that's not very enjoyable

on steam you just press "watch game" on anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom