• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 1-2 Switch reviews confirm the game for system seller!

I'm assuming to the Breath of the Wild reviews being positive, although that's no shock.

Yeah, I want a switch because of Zelda too, but the library is too weak for me currently, and also console + game is too expensive, I'll wait a year or so and I hope it's cheaper by then and the catalog is better.

sheaaaa

PS4/XBO prove that consumers don't actually care about performance or visuals.

The greatest success on every single generation, including this one, is release the cheapest possible hardware with the highest margins.

Nintendo going low end is following the current trend and past precedent.

People on GAF, social media, and other forums like to posture about resolution and frame rate, but in reality it doesn't matter.

Pretty much this. I'd love Breath of the Wild with a better frame rate but Nintendo producing a high end console without what some might call gimmicks would be suicide. That's not their game and I'm happy they're doing their own thing.

MUnited83

For you.
Just rent a Wii U from someone, buy Zelda, dump the game, play it at glorious 4k in CEMU.
Pretty much this. I'd love Breath of the Wild with a better frame rate but Nintendo producing a high end console without what some might call gimmicks would be suicide. That's not their game and I'm happy they're doing their own thing.
What about the Wii U? That was all about the gimmicks and it was indeed a suicide.

Phinor

So in the end AMD hyped Ryzen a bit too much. It is great product with nice price but i5 series from Intel is still holding great. I am afraid that Intel was holding back their new better CPUs because they could so they will be able to answer fast and AMD won't be able to follow it. But we will see.

I don't think AMD hyped it too much, more like the usual amount and maybe a bit on top of that. It's the consumers who got way too excited and the hype train went out of control (and I can't blame them too much, some competition would be REALLY nice). Hopefully AMD has definite plans on how to improve from here, they are within range again and that's great.

zkylon

zkylewd
just sharing the perspective from my side of the world when asked directly, if mods decide that's not cool that's fine by me

Phawx

Both my Switch and Zelda shall arrive by tomorrow.

Also 1-2 Switch *is fun*. I just wouldn't recommend actually buying the game because the fun lasts for about 30 seconds for each game and then the novelty wears off.

Regarding Ryzen, gaming benchmarks are in line with what I expected at stock freq. What I *was* expecting was Overclocks in the 4.5Ghz range that were leaked a week or so ago and I am finding that none of the reviews have that.

Kudo

I'm not in a hurry to play Zelda so if I didn't have access to Wii U I would definitely just wait, knowing that better version will be available soon.
But part of me just wants to roll with the hype and play it now with subpar visuals, and the rational part is saying wait, play other games now and when the gaming drought hits, you have Zelda in 4K to play.

That's a great write-up. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Have you looked into Software Inc.?

I think it's a stronger entry in the game-dev Tycoon sub-genre.
Never heard about this one before, thanks, added to wishlist. I'll wait for actual release version, trying to avoid Early Access games to not ruin first impression about game.

Also, I'm glad you like my impressions :) My english is still not perfect, i hope I didn't make too many grammar mistakes in that post.

My friend is gonna buy a Switch so I'll just play the handful of games on that until the library rounds out in about 3 years.

I'm still waiting for Nier PC as well... I'm just gonna continue Nioh until it's announced and if the delay is long I'll just play other games. I don't have time for SE bullshit.

MUnited83

For you.
PS4/XBO prove that consumers don't actually care about performance or visuals.

The greatest success on every single generation, including this one, is release the cheapest possible hardware with the highest margins.

Nintendo going low end is following the current trend and past precedent.

People on GAF, social media, and other forums like to posture about resolution and frame rate, but in reality it doesn't matter.
well, the thing is, it's not even a good price. In fact, it's completely and utterly terrible pricing.

Like, if you're looking for a home console:
330€ = more expensive than the regular PS4, which can be gotten for 250€ today, is more powerful and has much better third party support

If you're looking for a handheld:
- 330€ is a really insane price for what is supposed to be a mainstream handheld device. 3DS was bombing hard at 250€, so much that they had to quickly drop the price a couple of months later.

The Switch will sell better than the Wii U for sure, but I don't see it beating the GameCube. Maybe just barely.

PantsuJo

BREAK ARTS II

Just saw this in the playism newsletter. Looks cool. Maybe already posted but I'm still reading 2 pages back.
Is this PC also, right? Not only mobile, I hope...

I played the first and it was cool but mobile+f2p destroyed my interest for the game in 2 weeks, basically...

Edit: oh it's on Steam, very nice news!

Kudo

I'm still waiting for Nier PC as well... I'm just gonna continue Nioh until it's announced and if the delay is long I'll just play other games. I don't have time for SE bullshit.

Same here, Nioh will keep me busy for few more weeks until Dark Souls 3 DLC and if Nier PC doesn't release before that.. Well I hope we at least get the date before that as after DS3 DLC my gaming schedule will be full of Persona 5.

well, the thing is, it's not even a good price. In fact, it's completely and utterly terrible pricing.

Also the accessories cost too much, you might want SD Card and Pro controller for home use which can bring the cost to over 500 €/$.

Vuze

Like, if you're looking for a home console:
330€ = more expensive than the regular PS4, which can be gotten for 250€ today, is more powerful and has much better third party support

If you're looking for a handheld:
- 330€ is a really insane price for what is supposed to be a mainstream handheld device. 3DS was bombing hard at 250€, so much that they had to quickly drop the price a couple of months later.

The Switch will sell better than the Wii U for sure, but I don't see it beating the GameCube. Maybe just barely.
I also very much think it's a milk-the-core-fans launch. Can't see the 330€ tag holding up too long after the initial rush.

Aaron D.

I'm not in a hurry to play Zelda so if I didn't have access to Wii U I would definitely just wait, knowing that better version will be available soon.
But part of me just wants to roll with the hype and play it now with subpar visuals, and the rational part is saying wait, play other games now and when the gaming drought hits, you have Zelda in 4K to play.

Yeah, the whole hype-culture thing can be intoxicating.

I've been casually browsing around US online retailers for a Switch console, but it appears to be sold out everywhere.

Honesty, BotW and Stardew alone are just about enough for me to dive in. I'd be rocking the system portable style like 100% of the time, as I've no interest in Big Screen gaming.

But in the end I'm cool with waiting a few months or more just to see how everything shakes out with the hardware's reception and infrastructure systems that have yet to come online.

Still pretty exciting times either way, even if I don't have a pre-order. BotW seems absolutely amazing so I'm looking forward to experiencing it myself sometime down the road.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies (thats a mouthful) is 80% off on Bundlestars

Yeah, I want a switch because of Zelda too, but the library is too weak for me currently, and also console + game is too expensive, I'll wait a year or so and I hope it's cheaper by then and the catalog is better.
Yeah I get ya, still a lot of games hitting PC this year I want to play so I'm in no hurry for a Switch, especially with the weak early line up.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What happened to Dudebro: My Shit Is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time ?

If Switch becomes the only Nintendo console going forward (With the chance of making a portable only version down the road for cheaper) and has Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Mario and Smash Bros, it will definitely beat the Gamecube sales wise.

MUnited83

For you.
Looks like the Game of the Year race ended early.
Rain World hasn't been released yet, what are you talking about?
If Switch becomes the only Nintendo console going forward (With the chance of making a portable only version down the road for cheaper) and has Pokemon, Monster Hunter, Mario and Smash Bros, it will definitely beat the Gamecube sales wise.
Wii U had all but Pokémon and wasn't even close to beating the GameCube. Pokémon is a giant franchise but I'm not quite sure yet if it can make the Switch huge.

redlacs

A956C39B2C72EE0940F8565C9ACF79E6844786F5

C61FD18889A933AEAEF9FE0071957350CAB81387

A1C89254BEC728A2659EB138B7E1C5B12BFD0105

33064367F9F02289FB0F9FA3ABE0DBC85FF1DCA0

4AEC06111883FA2CD27CD251311EC1929435FEFF

theHunter, however buggy it might be in its curren state, seems really nice for relax time

Link still has to take down the Mario and Red Dead fanboys later this year. That will be tough probably but you never know what can happen. There could be some more surprises.

I'd be shocked to see Red Dead actually come out this year.

Rockstar is the king of postponing things.

Nyoro SF

If I do get a Switch it'll be ~2 years down the line, and a Japanese import, because Japan gets all the cool colors. I hope there's a Neon Orange color or a Mint Green one. :)
Don't want to be kicking myself down the line if Japan gets a cool Switch color and I jumped the gun too early.

we need an independent investigation!

Inspector Jenks is on the case.

*Holds up the file 2B.zip*
"Does THIS mean anything to you?"

yuraya

Yeah, I don't get how anyone really believes that Red Dead will be out this year.

I mean until they say otherwise you have to go with fall 2017. They had commercial on tv saying fall 2017 etc. They probably will delay it but it shouldn't be too surprising if it does indeed make that release window. Its been like 4 years since last R* game and I believe some of the the teams working on RDR2 are different from GTAV too.

Zelda is one of those franchises that I just never could get into, I have no doubt that they are incredible games but sometimes certain things just aren't appealing to you for whatever reason.
Botw looks more interesting to me than any of the previous games though.

The consistency in quality in nintendo's long running franchises is truly a thing without parallel.

Anyway, I just want my Nier and Persona 5, had to skip all the other awesome games being released so I could afford these 2.

Meanwhile I'm trying to finish XCom2, now that I have some good equipment it's much more manageable, first few hours were brutal.

i legit thought i accidently clicked a switch hype thread for a second lol.

so hows river city ransom underground? as good as castle crashers & scott pilgrim (imo th best beat em ups out there) or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom