• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
Nothing scary really. Just an unsettling feeling throughout. The devs looked at feedback and removed the one thing that could be considered as a jump scare because that is not the game they are making.
cool

i played original pathologic and that one was pretty spooky

i feel like you people should've learned to not get upset over reviews by now...

drotahorror

Ever since updating Enhanced Steam for firefox, I can no longer scroll down any further than the 'updates and offers' section

qFaNhTE.jpg
It just sits there, forever. Has done this since yesterday.

zkylon

zkylewd
Oof. Shitty humor can tank a game for me, when I would have elsewise liked it.

See: Not A Hero.

Shitty humor that thinks it's not shitty and, worse, thinks it has an edgy cut? That could make a good game bad in my book.
yeah, that was gta 5 for me

shitty humor is the worst

Hektor

Oof. Shitty humor can tank a game for me, when I would have elsewise liked it.

See: Not A Hero.

Shitty humor that thinks it's not shitty and, worse, thinks it has an edgy cut? That could make a good game bad in my book.

I'd have to disagree about the game being edgy, the entire dialogue of this game is randomly generated, if something edgy came out of it it was by chance more than anything

Pachimari

I completed Final Fantasy XIV just now, I'm so freaking happy about it! Now I can move on to the 2.x content and unlocking some sidequest contents too!

KainXVIII

Replayed POP: Sands of Time, game is really aged well (maybe apart from crappy combat with countless wave of enemies, especially lift fight 😡), platform puzzles, lovely "eastern" music and great Ico inspired atmospheric levels. Widescreen, 60 fps, gamepad support, hbao+ and Creative Eax is a nice bonus 😀
Also nice to hear original voices (i only played localized russian version back in the days 😩)

kulapik

No new bundle, but the Jumbo 8 added:

Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan
Void Destroyer
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça and Pizza Boy

I think Dog Mendonca is a gaffer game? nope

Axass

I'm at 96% in Hollow Knight and I just wanted to take a second to tell everyone in this thread who hasn't played it: "poor sool, you don't know what you're missing, you owe it to yourself to play such masterpiece".

Seriously, I've put Zelda on hold to complete it. It's incredible.

Tizoc

No new bundle, but the Jumbo 8 added:

Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan
Void Destroyer
The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça and Pizza Boy

I think Dog Mendonca is a gaffer game? nope
Oh nic aurion is made by an african team iirc
Buuuut its english translation is pretty wonky

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Speaking of Oceanhorn, hadn't heard anything about the sequel since they announced it so I checked the website and they actually did an update post in January.
They too are now on the UE4 wagon, yay. Hopefully you can turn CA off in the final game. Looks like most shots have a mobile UI, but the one with the chest has icons for keyboard. All temp I'm sure though.

Wow, that's quite the visual leap from the first game.

Jawmuncher

Only remember a few things about warrior within.

Way darker than SoR, and not for the better. Dovaka or whatever the time monster is. God smack and the metal thing girl in the game.

I did beat it way back in the day, but was so dissapointed considering how good the first game was, that I never bothered to play the third.

Amzin

Aurion and Void Destroyer are on my WL but I own the other BTA games. Hrm

Edit: I enjoyed Warrior Within mechanically, although it really never seemed like a PoP game. I liked the Two Thrones the most out of the 3 I believe, it was a ton of fun.

titch

It's on par with it, for most it seems. I can't imagine someone who liked HR not liking MD.
Maybe liking it a little less, but not in any sort of extreme way where they feel it's terrible or anything. I personally preferred it to the first game, since it made action routes far more viable I felt.

it's better than human revolution in almost every regard, like better gameplay, combat, level design, better hub (if not a little too big), more attention to detail. it also has a great art direction like hr with both games having amazing soundtracks.

however, the things i thought mankind divided utterly failed were the (cut in half) story, scope and characters, which coincidently are the very things i love the most about deus ex.

so yeah, even though mankind is the better (playing) game with more polished gameplay and more player freedom, i still prefer human revolution for its narrative aspects. but still, md is my 2016 goty and very well worth the €12,79 it's now on greenmangaming.com

Generally more of the same, if you can accept that the narrative is of a smaller scale. No longer a globe spanning revenge tale, it's more about uncovering the terrorist actions in Prague. Environments are just a thousand times better to look at and dense with art though.

I hope not. I want some more MGSV sandbox goodness.

I'm in partial agreement with White Wolf - MD's story is poor, and the characters are lifeless. I cannot think of anyone with the same depth as Malik in MD.

Where I disagree with White Wolf is in MD having better level design - I thought it was pretty boring. *shrugs*

Either way you cut it, it's not as good as HR. It's worth playing, but seriously lower your expectations for it.

Thanks for all the replies - hope i didnt miss anyone.

Was quite happy for it to be more of the same albeit so looking mostly positive on that part. No need to rush in but hopefully will pick it up sometime this year - humble monthly im looking at you ;) ;)

Tomasety

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery gift -- MB-8D25E198E28F4ED8 - Taken by electroflame. 11 entrants total.

t1489527830z1.png

Knurek

Guys, is it a good idea to run Steam as admin?
Steam Controller will not work with other executables running as admin otherwise (just try using it in desktop with Task Manager window).

Nabs

Guys, is it a good idea to run Steam as admin?
Steam Controller will not work with other executables running as admin otherwise (just try using it in desktop with Task Manager window).

I ran into some problems with certain games while running steam as admin. If you do it, just keep it in the back of your mind if you do run into any problems.

They recently updated it to go into lizard mode when you open the task manager. I'm not sure how it works with any other programs in admin, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom