• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
I think its more S-E fucking something up. Their whole release-policy in Asia is strange. Some games locked, some games arent.

I don't know, there's way too many Japanese companies with weird Asian Steam releases that SOMETHING beyond just general incompetence is up. Some sort of contract, agreement, law, etc that either makes it hard, expensive, or impossible to release sometimes.

Ozium

Sony Ireland are making it seem like Crash won't get a PC release because no one really wants to buy Crash but if they announce a PC version after people think it's not coming, then people will talk about how we need to support releases like Crash so that other games can come to PC and all will rush to Origin, GOG or Uplay to buy it.

Parsnip

Speaking of Oceanhorn, hadn't heard anything about the sequel since they announced it so I checked the website and they actually did an update post in January.
They too are now on the UE4 wagon, yay. Hopefully you can turn CA off in the final game. Looks like most shots have a mobile UI, but the one with the chest has icons for keyboard. All temp I'm sure though.

Oceanhorn-2-Mobile-screenshot-Outcast-Island-B.png
Oceanhorn-2-PC-screenshot-Wayward-Caves.png
Oceanhorn-2-Mobile-screenshot-Outcast-Grotto.png
Oceanhorn-2-Mobile-screenshot-Warden-Woods.png

kagamin

Sony Ireland are making it seem like Crash won't get a PC release because no one really wants to buy Crash but if they announce a PC version after people think it's not coming, then people will talk about how we need to support releases like Crash so that other games can come to PC and all will rush to Origin, GOG or Uplay to buy it.

9325080020.jpg

Speaking of Oceanhorn, hadn't heard anything about the sequel since they announced it so I checked the website and they actually did an update post in January.
They too are now on the UE4 wagon, yay. Hopefully you can turn CA off in the final game. Looks like most shots have a mobile UI, but the one with the chest has icons for keyboard. All temp I'm sure though.

It really is super impressive just how much they've managed to rip off Breath of the Wild.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It really is super impressive just how much they've managed to rip off Breath of the Wild.

If you mean ripped off Zelda, then sure. Oceanhorn is much older than Breath of the Wild tho.

Speaking of Zelda clones, there is that Zelda / Stardew Valley hybrid coming out, looks kinda neat? It has the Zelda structure but no combat, instead you farm and shit for quests.

If you mean ripped off Zelda, then sure. Oceanhorn is much older than Breath of the Wild tho.

Speaking of Zelda clones, there is that Zelda / Stardew Valley hybrid coming out, looks kinda neat? It has the Zelda structure but no combat, instead you farm and shit for quests.

Oceanhorn atm is older than BoTW. Other Zeldas? Yeah its younger.

I was referring to the sequel screenshots.

The original was a Zelda clone, this just seems to be taking the piss rather.

Regginator

Is it really that big a deal if vikings took over Scotland? Crusader Kings 2 seems to think so, because every. single. petty lord, king, and duke in Scotland, England, and Ireland united to beat my invasion force back.

(Land with a red outline are at war with me as I initially tried to fight just the blue bit, Scotland, in the North. I am of course the vikings of Norway. It ballooned into a religious war as they united against the pagan invaders.)

Feels bad, man.

Lesson learned: always have allies for this stuff...

That's Crusader Kings 2? That reminds me to play it. I kinda want to get into those RTS making countries fight each other like Europa Universalis 4 etc.

edit: damn it, I confused that with Stronghold Crusader II

Ladekabel

How can you pique my interest and then not name the game?

Parsnip

More like Skyward Sword actually.

Also, one of the tags in their blog posts is 'Zelda-like', they know exactly what kind of game they are making and it's not a bad thing.

Also, one of the tags in their blog posts is 'Zelda-like', they know exactly what they are doing and it's not a bad thing.

It isnt. Enjoyed Oceanhorn.

I just imagine if a chinese developer would have developed that game, the outrage on GAF would be really big.

Mivey

It isnt. Enjoyed Oceanhorn.

I just imagine if a chinese developer would have developed that game, the outrage on GAF would be really big.
It's just consistent, though. If the AAA industry has proven one thing, than it's the fact that gamers demand and reward originality. The best selling games are almost never simple sequels that simply iterate on an old concept with better graphics, but games that almost chart out new genres.

kionedrik

It's just consistent, though. If the AAA industry has proven one thing, than it's the fact that gamers demand and reward originality. The best selling games are almost never simple sequels that simply iterate on an old concept with better graphics, but games that almost chart out new genres.

So are we pretending COD, AC and Battlefield (and so many others) don't exist?

sheaaaa

I really don't think this is true.

Tizoc

I really don't think this is true.

Pretty sure he's being sarcastic.

Agreed, I have very few actual problems with It as a game its just too dang long it feels like though I'm sure I put way more time in other warriors titles.

Wait how'd I end up with 20ish hours in Samurai Warriors 4-2 o_O
Well at least with Berserk Musou I know what I'm gonna do, just beat through the game as Guts and call it an Eclipse.

Tall4Life

Yeah this is like, the complete opposite of true...which is false

Lomax

Another old Interplay game gets Steam release

Oddly enough I still have a boxed copy of this that I got for a dollar at Big Lots many years ago but never installed or played. Yes, I had that problem even before Steam.

Also, one of the tags in their blog posts is 'Zelda-like', they know exactly what kind of game they are making and it's not a bad thing.

My dream after the platformer indie boom was that the next thing would be Zelda-likes, so games like Oceanhorn have been great to me, even though they are imperfect.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

You will like this -- MB-9ABE5DF7B82489CD - Taken by Diedac. 62 entrants total.

t1489509792z1.png

Tonton

Man that UI looks too big, otherwise it looks nice

Was the previous game any good, i wouldn't mind a good Zelda clone on pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom