• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

Bioshock Remasters come with the original game, right? I don't remember the remasters being received well
Collection is 75% off thinking of finally getting it

Bioshock 1 Remastered is alright.
Bioshock 2 original crashes like crazy (especially the DLC)
Many of Bioshock 2 Remastereds achievements are broken.

Tonton

Bioshock 1 Remastered is alright.
Bioshock 2 original crashes like crazy (especially the DLC)
Many of Bioshock 2 Remastereds achievements are broken.

Is that the only problem of the 2 remaster? I wouldn't mind playing it instead of original then

Hopefully Namco Bandai are sensible enough to contract a porting house with a decent enough track record.

It's likely QLOC. Which has been their go-to porting house for Japanese games.

Haha, I probably would if I kept my "stash" up-to-date. That gif I posted is from TIFF 2012, and I think the most-recent one I made is from Lost River, which hit home video and VOD services in mid-2015.

Edit: Oh, wait, I made a surprised.gif around a year ago, from a talk show interview aired circa the same time.

Truly amazing :")

prudislav

Full release Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxCrR2xWFE
Hello Everyone,

The Great Whale Road is getting ready for the next leg of its journey. We have been working on the game's concept since the beginning of 2015, and the first artists and developers joined the team in April that year. We weathered the odd storm or two and entered the Sea of Early Access eight months ago.

It has been an exciting few months and we are super grateful for the community's help and feedback. We are implementing some smaller features which we had postponed until now into the game and are busy polishing the rougher edges.

We have decided to leave Early Access on the 30th of March - this will include the full story of the Danes and all features we have been adding since 0.6.2. Among them a new combat camera, more warcries, development area upgrades, an enhanced ship upgrade system, new journal screen, trade screen enhancements, AI improvements and more.

In addition to English The Great Whale Road will be available in German, Spanish, and we hope Italian as well. The French version is a bit behind schedule, but we think we will have it ready for the first free update - fittingly the Frankish storyline in early May. We will post a few more updates over the coming week.

The storylines for the Franks and Frisians are written and translated, but we don't have the resources to test them in parallel with the Danes. Thus we give you the Danes first. We hope that this will also help us in view of the changes on Steam - you'll have noticed that the front page and game visibility have changed a lot over the last months.

After the Frisian storyline has been released at the beginning of June, we would love to add more storylines. Time will tell, and we will let you know before the summer if we get close to the targets we need to achieve to be able to do more work on The Great Whale Road.

Thank you!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/464830/announcements/detail/261612445217675677

Doomedfool

And since I want to join the crowd, steam profile Anyone feel free to add me. Only person on my friend's list atm is my son, so that's a good indication that I ether need some friends, or you should stay far away. ;)

Some tips and answers for commong questions regarding Automata

1. The tutorial area got no savepoints. Lower the difficulty if frustration arises.
2. There is no autosave. Save regularely.
3. The credits are not the end of the game.
4. Nothing in the game is permanently missable. Don't worry, just play.
5. All items that mention "Can be exchanged for money" are trash. Sell them.
6. All other items are not. Keep them.
7. You can change the difficulty at any time.
8. You'll know when you get the ability to unlock specific chests.
9. Fishing earns good money.
10. Quicktravel will be unlocked at some point in the story

Thanks for this. I can't afford the game yet, but it's on my radar, and number 4 is a big deal for me in any game. It bugs me a bit knowing I might miss something in a game unless I am really fricken careful, or I use a guide. So that's a big plus for me.

abracadaver

Wait there is no launch discount for Turok 2 right?

I got the coupon but in the Steam forums some people say they bought it with launch discount + coupon for $11.24

For me it shows as 14,99€

Some tips and answers for commong questions regarding Automata

1. The tutorial area got no savepoints. Lower the difficulty if frustration arises.
2. There is no autosave. Save regularely.
3. The credits are not the end of the game.
4. Nothing in the game is permanently missable. Don't worry, just play.
5. All items that mention "Can be exchanged for money" are trash. Sell them.
6. All other items are not. Keep them.
7. You can change the difficulty at any time.
8. You'll know when you get the ability to unlock specific chests.
9. Fishing earns good money.
10. Quicktravel will be unlocked at some point in the story

Why there is no option for pin favorite posts or whatever.

Thanks!

Ghostlight:

https://twitter.com/Ghostlight_Ross/status/842426143521288193

At least it won't be Mugen Souls this time? xd
Curious on what it'll be though.

Huh? Nice!

Anteater

got my key for nier from cdkeys, yay

9bkjKWB.jpg

Wait there is no launch discount for Turok 2 right?

I got the coupon but in the Steam forums some people say they bought it with launch discount + coupon for $11.24

For me it shows as 14,99€

The 25% off coupon was the only discount showing for me when I added to cart but once I selected purchasing for myself and to payment details, it discounted further. I'm assuming it's related to owning the original but it doesn't show you the details.

legacyzero

Banned

I just posted my Video Review: https://youtu.be/UKlVh51ZosM

Nightdive gave me an advance copy.

Here's the transcript for those that can't watch:

TUROK 2 REVIEW

It’s been nearly 20 years. The late 90’s was an era where First Person Shooters began to break away from the PC space, and comfortably on to consoles. Heavy hitters like Goldeneye 64 and Halo: Combat Evolved, proved that shooters didn’t have to be cumbersome or difficult to play on those platforms. But before all of that, One franchise lead the way for the birth of the console shooter.

Turok Dinosaur Hunter was released on the Nintendo 64 in March of 1997, seven months after the console hit the market. It proved that you didn’t need a keyboard and mouse to enjoy a shooter on a different platform. Turok was released to good critical reception, and was an instant classic. And More than a year later, a successor was released. Nearly two decades have passed, Three Console generations have come and gone, and it’s time to take a Nostalgic trip. And not only has the original Turok: Dinosaur Hunter been remastered with help of modern bells and whistles, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil also got the same treatment.

Has Night Dive Studios done this iconic and classic franchise the justice is so very needs after two decades? Or is it best left to Oblivion…

STORY-

Set some time after the events of Turok: Dinosaur Hunter- You fill the role of Joshua Fireseed. Summoned by the mysterious alien: Adon, and the Lazarus Concordance- You are asked to fight against the evil Primogen: A powerful alien entity trapped in it’s own Lightship by the Lazarus, in an effort to prevent the destruction of the Universe. The Primogen’s captivity relies on Energy Totems located across the “Lost Land”, and they’re under attack by several primitive species that the Primogen has recruited to destroy them- Freeing him from his Prison. Each Primitive Species has a backstory, or a reason why the Primogen uses them selfishly to fulfill his mission at being free from his captivity

The story does a decent job of laying itself out to you in the very beginning, and at the start of each mission, but doesn’t get in your face when the gameplay sets in.There is a healthy balance of exposition and gameplay that simply works for the game, while keeping the focus primarily on moment-to-moment combat and exploration.

GAMEPLAY-

For a franchise that helped pioneer First Person Shooters on consoles, it certainly does great on PC again. The original version was released on PC, but no where near this quality.

What could certainly be gleefully jarring is the level design, with environments that are mostly non-linear, which fosters exploration, and maybe even a sense of being lost sometimes. It’s refreshingly and reflective of great game design of the old days when shooter campaigns didn’t travel in a straight line.

Controls are refined, precise, and enjoyable, with decent options to help tweak to your needs, which is always nice. There’s a satisfying feeling you get from even the simple gun mechanics. The pistol feels punchy, The Mag 60 delivers punishing damage to simpler enemies, and dispatches quickly, and the brutal impact of the shotguns feel just right up close.

And yes.. The wonderful Cerebral Bore is just as amazing as you remembered it.

DESIGN-

Fans of the original will be happy to know that, for better or worse, the game’s base models remain the same. But most exciting is the addition of various graphical enhancements that have been added. Notably is the inclusion per-object motion blur applied to all moving objects, and object shadows.

For those that love graphics options, there’s quite a healthy amount of tuning options, but what’s most pleasing is how well optimized the game is. My i5 3570K and 1070 GPU combination did well to run the game at 4K and at 60 frames per second.

I would have loved to see some better texture options for the game, as things are still a bit blurry, but overall, this is still the classic experience you remember with a modern glow.

CLOSING-

The Turok Franchise was a glorious staple in the early Nintendo 64 era. Though It’s subsequent sequels didn't get as much praise, which is unfortunate. Night Dive has done a wonderful thing in bringing the originals up from the depths to show them the respect they deserve. It’s character models and textures may have not aged very well, but Turok 2 is certainly worth your time and money, and people who have never had the opportunity certainly owe it to themselves to experience the beginning of the explosive growth of shooters on consoles, when it was the most fun.

abracadaver

The 25% off coupon was the only discount showing for me when I added to cart but once I selected purchasing for myself and to payment details, it discounted further. I'm assuming it's related to owning the original but it doesn't show you the details.

Awesome! That worked for me as well.

Bought for 11,24€

Deques

Tip: Use a fast clicker app for this game if you win it

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Plantera -- MB-635DFC315A49D4AE - Taken by fifasnipe2224. 2 entrants total.

t1489687233z1.png

MaxiLive

Hopefully this still works:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MaxiLive, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Arma II -- MB-8B17D638D42CC1CF - Taken by Purkake4

poros1ty

Thanks! Picked it up for $11.24 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom