• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You'll get different answers. It's dependent on your CPU and HDD, but I'd wager you'd be better off downloading the game instead of decrypting it. I have an overclocked i7 6800K and SSD, and it takes me around 15mins to decrypt a ~50GB game.
Humble brag
😁

Hektor

Some tips and answers for commong questions regarding Automata

1. The tutorial area got no savepoints. Lower the difficulty if frustration arises.
2. There is no autosave. Save regularely.
3. The credits are not the end of the game.
4. Nothing in the game is permanently missable. Don't worry, just play.
5. All items that mention "Can be exchanged for money" are trash. Sell them.
6. All other items are not. Keep them.
7. You can change the difficulty at any time.
8. You'll know when you get the ability to unlock specific chests.
9. Fishing earns good money.
10. Quicktravel will be unlocked at some point in the story

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Humble brag
��

Well, he does have a ~1Gbps connection, so...

notsohumblenowdwcda.gif

Durante

1. The tutorial area got no savepoints. Lower the difficulty if frustration arises.
I really appreciate this post. No spoilers, and point 4 is something that generally makes playing these kinds of games much more enjoyable for me.

Thanks!

Does 4 stands for side quests ?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

You asked for this -- MB-8D6D0244D8C9A84E - Taken by ramoisdead. 33 entrants total.

t1489693406z1.png

gabbo

I had almost no interest in the game, but this alone actually piqued some interest

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Also people play from Route A-E as if they are arcs to the story. Don't drop it like some people who thought nothing happens after Route A.

I usually get 3-4 mb/s, I wonder if it's worth preloading.

I hope it's a good port, my PC is starting to show its age. I only have a vanilla PS4 though so it'll definitely be better than that.
Hopefully

JaseC

Is it like The Simpsons ? Do you have a Saoirse gif for anything ? :")

Haha, I probably would if I kept my "stash" up-to-date. That gif I posted is from TIFF 2012, and I think the most-recent one I made is from Lost River, which hit home video and VOD services in mid-2015.

Edit: Oh, wait, I made a surprised.gif around a year ago, from a talk show interview aired circa the same time.

Ascheroth

Oh nice, came home and there's a Nier preload and it's only half as big as I expected.
Hurray for a 9 hour download instead of 18, whooo.

Pachimari

I had almost no interest in the game, but this alone actually piqued some interest
Kind of the same here lol. I did have interest in the game since I liked the demo but now I actually wanna go buy it (I probably won't).

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
Instructions for dave is ok:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

RISE OF THE TRIAD -- MB-C49AB4D24FC04589 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
THE LAST FEDERATION -- MB-3CE554A580E965E8 - Taken by Eila
Happy birthday/Nier day

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

LBA -- MB-D4D9B9DE0D84A50F - Taken by Ludens

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Take this -- MB-8BD3AB75125947D8 - Taken by Vlad. 28 entrants total.

t1489694449z1.png

Ludens

Banned
That LBA code I won was duped...nice when people give away duped games just in order to be qualified for the Pay It Forward rule.
Anyway happy birthday to all GAF born today!

Anno

Any YouTube videos people would suggest for those that haven't played the original Nier? Either just recapping the original or, better yet, full on lore spectacles if such things are possible (I have no idea how deep that stuff got).

Tonton

Bioshock Remasters come with the original game, right? I don't remember the remasters being received well
Collection is 75% off thinking of finally getting it

Ludens

Banned
Can't the mods see who submitted the anonymous giveaway?

Probably yes, but maybe the donator didn't know the code was used...even if I saw in this same thread other cases od duped keys those days if I'm not wrong.
Not a big deal, but I expected Little Big Adventure since I only own 2, lol.

JaseC

Probably yes, but maybe the donator didn't know the code was used...even if I saw in this same thread other cases od duped keys those days if I'm not wrong.

I can put you in touch with the giveaway creator if you'd like to chase it up. It may have been unintentional.

Ludens

Banned
I can put you in touch with the giveaway creator if you'd like to chase it up. It may have been unintentional.

It was, in fact the anonymous benefactor just contacted me. As I wrote, it's not really a problem, since giving away a bad key can happen (it happened to me too in the past and I gave the winner another key).

JaseC

It was, in fact the anonymous benefactor just contacted me. As I wrote, it's not really a problem, since giving away a bad key can happen (it happened to me too in the past and I gave the winner another key).

Ah. Well, hopefully all's well that ends well.

Edit: The offer stands for you also, Javier23, should you feel it appropriate.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Reigns -- MB-5A78AA02E0A618E5 - Taken by InquisitorAles. 5 entrants total.

t1489685392z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom