• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

Nier Automata is absolutely incredible, just one complaint though, Normal difficulty is way too forgiving, while Hard is a harsh step up in difficulty. I wish there was something in between.

Double that at least. 120k at a minimum, and that's being pessimistic.

Consider that Steamspy only takes 1/3 of the total sample of accounts for each day. 100k being already reached is a given, especially when the peak of concurrent users has surpassed 23k

It all depends on the second day number. If it jumps to 50k or more, then it'll surely reach 100k+ in a week. If it only jumps to, say 40k, maybe it can reach 75k. The problem is the port quality and user reviews. People won't be rushing to buy the game in the current circumstances.

FLD

Consider that Steamspy only takes 1/3 of the total sample of accounts for each day. 100k being already reached is a given, especially when the peak of concurrent users has surpassed 23k

I didn't know that but...

It all depends on the second day number. If it jumps to 50k or more, then it'll surely reach 100k+ in a week. If it only jumps to, say 40k, maybe it can reach 75k. The problem is the port quality and user reviews. People won't be rushing to buy the game in the current circumstances.

Exactly. Most games get a slightly smaller jump on the second day but I've seen some get equal or even bigger ones. I've also seen games not even get any second day jump to speak of (Xanadu Next :( ). Today's number is encouraging but tomorrow's will be a bit more revealing.

This key here is still available.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-0F0A179D6C73F09D - Taken by aqws. 4 entrants total.

t1489791336z1.png

Nier runs at 50-60fps for me at 1080p borderless with 2x MSAA and everything else high on an i5 4670k, GTX 970, 16GB, SSD install. Cutscenes run at 30fps with stuttering which is annoying. Game seems to be really good but I did die before unlocking the ability to save so I have to start from scratch lol.

Hmmmmm, debating on getting mafia 3 for $20. Worth it for the story?

Mafia 3 is a weird game. It has some very good parts but it's all negated by the lousy mission design. The open world is gorgeous, story and acting are good, combat is good, driving is great and the music is amazing. Even the main story missions are pretty good but you have to do a lot of secondary content to unlock the main missions. And it's this content that is incredibly repetitive and dull and can just ruin the whole experience. Another issue is that PC performance was not good at launch but I don't know if they've fixed that now. The open world has nothing to do in it aside from some lousy fetch quests. This is actually how it's been for every Mafia game though but it does mean that about a quarter of the map goes almost entirely unused throughout the game.

So, the game does have it's merits but the mission structure really drags the experience down.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
has there been any word at all when Cross Code will leave early access?

Would you consider nier to be a good port?
It seems it's kinda demanding for its looks.
I want to play so bad.

Hard to say. Some folks say this is a good port but then others are having trouble running it in fullscreen or it's a bit too demanding to play this at 60 FPS.

It's pretty much a tug of war. However, maybe this was one of the reasons why Squeenix was so silent about this port.

Momentary

Banned
Nier is WAY too demanding on hardware for what it looks like compared to other games with more advanced graphics tech.

Fun game, but very un-optimized port. Fullscreen resolution is busted. Shadow resolution is bad. The game NEVER hits 60. The frame limiter is also busted. It' hangs at 59.3-59.8. The AA solution hardly does anything other than eat up resourses. You have to set AA to x8 and activate AO for you to work.

Hopefully the game does well enough for them to fix this. I highly doubt we'll see a patch for anything any time soon.

drakaenae

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Broadsword Age of Chivalry -- MB-3FF567990AE61988 - Taken by Regginator
Defend Your Life -- MB-EC2FDF115453816D - Taken by Jadax
High On Racing -- MB-A387E9665236E201 - Taken by Vuze
Invasion (picture is showing wrong game) -- MB-C7FA4FE7FB17DEA8 - Taken by Loptous
Magma Tsunami -- MB-2FCC203CC4ACC339 - Taken by rainking187
Minimized -- MB-D8156D935163580F - Taken by voodooray
North Side -- MB-3A7EA2BC7D65BD69 - Taken by xelios
The Next Door -- MB-A61C0616C3FAE1BA - Taken by Dusk Golem

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: One or more keys you added were already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yo Rayge, youre taking the Toukiden 2 bullet for the rest of us right?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Nier is WAY too demanding on hardware for what it looks like compared to other games with more advanced graphics tech.

Fun game, but very un-optimized port. Fullscreen resolution is busted. Shadow resolution is bad. The game NEVER hits 60. The frame limiter is also busted. It' hangs at 59.3-59.8. The AA solution hardly does anything other than eat up resourses. You have to set AA to x8 and activate AO for you to work.

Hopefully the game does well enough for them to fix this. I highly doubt we'll see a patch for anything any time soon.

TB gave it a pass, ignoring the fact that he's got a Pascal Titan X, so my only hope is that someone like Digital Foundry takes the port to task to highlight the extreme demands the game seems to be making on most machines. At first, I thought I just got unlucky, but the more I read about it, the more it seems like something might actually be wrong with the game itself.

I can dream ;-;;

Ascheroth

Todays my birthday!
7cMPMZ9.gif

Time to play Nier.

------
TB gave it a pass, ignoring the fact that he's got a Pascal Titan X, so my only hope is that someone like Digital Foundry takes the port to task to highlight the extreme demands the game seems to be making on most machines. At first, I thought I just got unlucky, but the more I read about it, the more it seems like something might actually be wrong with the game itself.

I can dream ;-;;
Performance seems to be pretty in line with the PS4 versions.
Remember that's a game that only runs 1080/60 with drops on the Pro.
Now you can argue that it doesn't look like it should be that demanding... but that's not a port problem, that's a general game problem.

Curious where those whitescreen/crash issues others have mentioned come from though.
I've played 4 hours yesterday without a problem.

Todays my birthday!
7cMPMZ9.gif

Time to play Nier.

------

Now you can argue that it doesn't look like it should be that demanding... but that's not a port problem, that's a general game problem.

Curious where those whitescreen/crash issues others have mentioned come from though.

Happy birthday!

Ascheroth

Have a birthday giveaway as well:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ascheroth, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The House in Fata Morgana -- MB-2970E7AC1E9C606F - Taken by Tart Toter 9k. 87 entrants total.

t1489906919z1.png

septicore

Todays my birthday!
7cMPMZ9.gif

Time to play Nier.

------

Happy birthday mate.

Valxal

Loving NeaR: A Tomato so far, but even with my i5-6600k and 1070 my frames hang between 54-59 at 1440p which is weird honestly.

I've seen some people with worse hardware running it at locked 60fps at 1440p too, anybody having similar issues with similar hardware?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
i feel like i've heard a billion good things about house of fata morgana from gaf and literally nothing anywhere else on the internet

T-Rex.

Banned
Todays my birthday!
7cMPMZ9.gif

Time to play Nier.
:lol Happy birthday!

Nier Automata is absolutely incredible, just one complaint though, Normal difficulty is way too forgiving, while Hard is a harsh step up in difficulty. I wish there was something in between.
I put 9S into passive mode (interact with him for the option to do so) that way in combat situations it's just me whooping arse. It is still kinda easy, though.

sheaaaa

I don't know who is updating Downwell but man did they effed it up these recent updates. Now I can't go higher than 44 FPS in gameplay.

Has any content been added to the game? Blazed through it in a few hours when it came out but I never felt like going back after clearing the well once.

AHA-Lambda

Just seen this review for Styx 2 earlier on

It’s a shame the writing is unmitigated garbage, because the game it’s been dribbled onto is fantastic. The level design is an improvement over the already sublime Master of Shadows, and there are some genuinely memorable missions that make great use of the world Cyanide has built...But that writing. The intelligence of its predecessors, which explored everything from racism and activism to free will and existentialism has been replaced by Family Guy-level cultural references and fourth wall-breaking guff that swings from insulting the player’s intelligence to downright offensive. Shards of Darkness could have easily been Cyanide’s best game ever if the writer was locked in a cupboard.

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/03/review-styx-shards-of-darkness/

Ugh, a bit overly harsh?
Yeah this stealth game has great stealth but the writing is bad, so it's a 5.5/10? :/

I don't want to get into review bashing (especially given some recent threads) but that's weird

Sarcasm

Where do I get my cardboard skin?

I also bought some fish hud thing, found it in menu but have no idea if it is actually equipped.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Where do I get my cardboard skin?

I also bought some fish hud thing, found it in menu but have no idea if it is actually equipped.

Key items has all your cosmetics.

Chips are in your chip menu.

sheaaaa

Just seen this review for Styx 2 earlier on

http://letsplayvideogames.com/2017/03/review-styx-shards-of-darkness/

Ugh, a bit overly harsh?
Yeah this stealth game has great stealth but the writing is bad, so it's a 5.5/10? :/

I don't want to get into review bashing (especially given some recent threads) but that's weird

While the score strikes me as a bit odd considering the praise the reviewer gives the level design, I can see how the game's writing could affect the overall experience and bring down everything good.

(Speaking generally here, not played either Styx)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom