• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

I took a look at the charts again and the highest it sold was $12.28, now I'm wondering if I could've sold it for more if I checked my cards earlier. :(

Live and learn.
With anime foils, start with a crazy amount and lower it bit by bit until someone buys.

data

Man, I like Hollow Knight but I keep falling in the water and dying because I can't see what's below me. I wish we had something like in Spelunky where you can look down

edit: just one minute after this post I tried holding it in... and it does indeed have that. Wish I knew about this when I started, lol.

Man, I like Hollow Knight but I keep falling in the water and dying because I can't see what's below me. I wish we had something like in Spelunky where you can look down

edit: just one minute after this post I tried holding it in... and it does indeed have that. Wish I knew about this when I started, lol.

facepalm.jpg

Glad you find it. :)

Tizoc

Use the right stick to look up or down

Are the achievements on NIer bugged?

Desert stage spoiler:
I didn't even get one for killing Adam
Todays my birthday!
7cMPMZ9.gif

Time to play Nier.

------

Performance seems to be pretty in line with the PS4 versions.
Remember that's a game that only runs 1080/60 with drops on the Pro.
Now you can argue that it doesn't look like it should be that demanding... but that's not a port problem, that's a general game problem.

Curious where those whitescreen/crash issues others have mentioned come from though.
I've played 4 hours yesterday without a problem.

Happy birthday!

Anteater

Nier is amazing, I was just sitting around listening to the music, and the movement and the animations are ridiculous

the game is so beautiful

Jawmuncher

Nier is amazing, I was just sitting around listening to the music, and the movement and the animations are ridiculous

the game is so beautiful

It's be more beautiful with better performance.
Updated my drivers to see if that will help. I shouldn't be getting these random dips at 1080p

I love how in Nier when you complete certain side quest, the music will change to reflect the situation. It is a really nice touch
you retrieve a musicbox for this person and the music will play through the camp, it you rescue the little girl robot, the Pascal village will have happy children singing,and if you tell the girl at the camp that her friend was killed by a revengeful machine, the music turns extremely melancholy to reflect that.

Anteater

It's be more beautiful with better performance.
Updated my drivers to see if that will help. I shouldn't be getting these random dips at 1080p

what card are you using? judging from the performance thread it sounds like you'll need a 970gtx+ to get consistent 60fps

Ascheroth

NieR Automata is amazing, holy shit.

The cutscene frame rate is annoying but everything else is so good.

It is. Though I don't think I've noticed the cutscene choppiness after the tutorial.
Traversal is such a joy in this game. And the music, lawd.
I think it also looks great in motion at times. Then I take a screenshot, open it up and think "holy crap that looks terrible" xD

---
Also thanks for all the birthday wishes guys!
Don't forget to check out the Fata Morgana giveaway a couple pages back, though ModBot should repost it unless I messed up something.

Anyone remember the good old days when all you needed to be a "BAD PORT 0/10 AWFUL GAME" was to have a "Press any Button to Start" screen, even if you had extensive graphics options, great optimization, and proper KB/M support? And god forbid your PC version had matchmaking.

Saints Row 2 and Dark Souls PTD really lowered our standards, didn't they?

Still around 2 hours to download Nier, but i really want to play Dishonored 2. I need to stop reading this thread, your impressions about Nier is killing me, and there is still a chance that it will run like shit on my PC, after Dishonored 2 i'm expecting the worst.

Anteater

1060 6GB, so I dunno why im having issues.
Gonna see if it was just the drivers.

yeah my 1060 is getting me good frameate at 60 so far, with 80-90+ gpu utilization at 1080p, I overclocked mine tho

I haven't updated my drivers tho and i play with v-sync off if those matter

Lain

You found it, and that's cool, but I wanted to add that at the start of the game, the tutorial area, tells you about the look down to see what's below.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Eaten Alive -- MB-48F5B73B83DB61D1 - Taken by septicore
Escape Machines -- MB-572BF4A5BA227649
Flesh Eaters -- MB-75094949AE5EA47B
Freebie -- MB-96751B5D0E989387
Neon Hardcorps -- MB-E923C1D9F5B58302
New kind of adventure -- MB-9332CF8A1EE286AD
Project Druid 2D Labyrinth Explorer -- MB-284A2300F54E882A
Star Drifter -- MB-B0125C2A7DA70E5D - Taken by Loptous
Super Mega Neo Pug -- MB-D9CA43ED36A8A4FD
Super Mustache -- MB-4BA41A9CFB8DE7B8 - Taken by Megauap
Super Space Pug -- MB-F3ABA11204BF79E6
Terra Incognita Chapter One -- MB-B7519D866DDC2AE2 - Taken by Vuze

Man, Danmaku Unlimited 3 is freaking amazing. I'm not normally a bullet-hell sort of guy, but the bullet patterns in this one are just *outstanding*. Super creative. Also, the whole risk-reward thing of "grazing enemy bullets powers up your super laser, but if you can blow up an enemy ship *all* of their shots on the screen become harmless power your laser up if you pass over them" creates some amazing tense moments where there's a hailstorm of bullets coming at you, and you *think* the enemy ship is going to blow up before they hit you, but you're not sure. It's a rush, when you hit the groove I feel like the turtle in Finding Nemo when they hit the EAC.. "Righteous..... RIGHTEOUS!"

(I also appreciate a bunch of newbie friendly options such as "if a bullet hits you that would kill you but you've got a bomb in reserve, the bomb automatically detonates instead of you dying" and stuff like that).

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

This game is rather strange! -- MB-9FEE2373F3B6058C - Taken by Shalashaska. 38 entrants total.

t1489871285z1.png

Anno

StealthgamerBR put up a new Dishonored 2 video of the Clockwork Mansion that is one of the more impressive level runs I've ever seen. He's basically playing a different video game. Worth a watch if you enjoy watching people be really really good at action games, though it helps if you understand Dishonored 2 skills and mechanics.

Vastag

StealthgamerBR put up a new Dishonored 2 video of the Clockwork Mansion that is one of the more impressive level runs I've ever seen. He's basically playing a different video game. Worth a watch if you enjoy watching people be really really good at action games, though it helps if you understand Dishonored 2 skills and mechanics.

Holy shit, that's incredible.

Anteater

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

This game is rather strange! -- MB-9FEE2373F3B6058C - Taken by Shalashaska. 38 entrants total.

t1489871285z1.png

but is it hella strange

holy shit. ill never bee this good at any game. that was awesome

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ascheroth, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ascheroth, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The House in Fata Morgana -- MB-2970E7AC1E9C606F - Taken by Tart Toter 9k. 87 entrants total.

t1489906919z1.png

Jawmuncher

yeah my 1060 is getting me good frameate at 60 so far, with 80-90+ gpu utilization at 1080p, I overclocked mine tho

I haven't updated my drivers tho and i play with v-sync off if those matter

Vsync made a big difference.

Have it now on
1080p
Window (with window borderless app)
Vsync off
AA - off
Texture filter - off
Blur - on
Shadows - medium
Effects - high
Ambient Occulsion - off

Seems to be staying at 60FPS and looks fine to me. Only issue is there is still some random stuttering. Which I have no clue what that is a part of.

I never played this game, but it's really impressive what he pulled O_O

Nillansan

I put 9S into passive mode (interact with him for the option to do so) that way in combat situations it's just me whooping arse. It is still kinda easy, though.

I will try and do that, thank you.

Nier seems to be a bit like a KT port, only it's Nier so people aren't going hard on it and refunding it.

What a dumb assertion. It is perfectly fine on my end and several people in the PC Performance thread are reporting similar results on a variety of setups.

Tizoc

I will try and do that, thank you.

What a dumb assertion. It is perfectly fine on my end and several people in the PC Performance thread are reporting similar results on a variety of setups.
He prob. Mad he doesnt have a copy of the game and didnt win any of the giveaways :v

The performance thread wouldnt have 25 pages if it would be fine.

Now my sister played that game on my old 280x and a 3760k and it runs fine and smooth with almost all options upped.

Now, here I am with a 7600k and a 980TI G1 Gaming OC and it has framedrops everywhere. And others report similar things with a 1070, while other with a 1070 dont have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom