• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

Southeast Asia.

Anyway, here's the tweet:

NieR公式PRアカウント‏ @NieR_JPN
For other Asian countries, NieR:Automata(JE-Voice/JEFIGS-Sub) will be available on Steam in April.

By the way, that sounds pretty weird. If my country Indonesia is in Asian PSN (region 3) which regions is Saudi Arabia belong to? I thought there's only one PSN region for the whole Asia. Both Nier and FFXV are available here.

Yeah, that's my plan as well. I'll be done with Andromeda by the end of the month or early next month. There's Persona in April but I think Nier will be in mid or late April, so it'll be fine.
Saudi Arabia PSN region is region 2,but use the $ currency,but not the same pricing as NA or EU,some games are $4-5 cheaper and some are 5$ more expensive,like Capcom games,Capcom games are also $4-5 more expensive in SA steam.

What's more confusing is,Nier is available in UAE PSN and steam store.
and UAE store is exactly the same for all PSN and steam games and pricing.

Nzyme32

Holy.

Shit.

Finally got through Hollow Knight (although only 99% completion) and its finale. What a fantastic game.

Not sure if it is true for other players but the finale was clutch as fuck and rather epic in attempting to actually win. Right on the line of my skill level I think. Took me quite a few attempts (maybe 10) - twice dying at the very last moment. Totally worth the effort though.

Now I just wish there is more to come.

Nzyme32

why so hasty with GOTY?
Trails TC releases soon, it'll change everything!

Still waiting to get the first Trails. Want to get a few more of the other RPGs I have out of the way before getting it. Also considering getting a GPD Win, which would definitely lead to me getting a lot more of these games a lot sooner.

Durante

A few posts up someone talked about being unhappy with Nier:A performance on their 290x at 1440p. I'd like to take this as an opportunity to to make a small calculation.

A 290x is 5.5 TFlops, 1.38 times a PS4 Pro at 4 TFlops.
1440p is 3.7 million pixels, 1.8 times the number of 1080p.

A PS4 Pro can't hold 1080p fully reliably in Nier:A, so even if the game is 100% as efficient on PC as it is on PS4 it obviously won't come even close to holding 60 FPS at 1440p on a 290x.

What I'm trying to illustrate here is that the port's performance is entirely as expected, and really no worse at all in terms of efficiency than the console version. If you have a beef with the game's performance, your issue is with its core implementation, not the port.

Jawmuncher

Well, if you have a ~5 TFlop GPU with enough memory that should be no problem. (Or a bit less with lowered settings)

I got the settings down to keep 60, but the stuttering still happens.
Was mentioned on the last page that putting it on an SSD fixed that. But i'm not atm gonna go out of my way to do that.

Durante

Was mentioned on the last page that putting it on an SSD fixed that. But i'm not atm gonna go out of my way to do that.
Yes, if you mean infrequent stuttering while moving across areas then that is probably loading-related and can be mitigated by an SSD.

If it's more common stutter or lack of smoothness despite holding 60 FPS I recommend trying the RTSS frame limiter.

Well, if you have a ~5 TFlop GPU with enough memory that should be no problem. (Or a bit less with lowered settings)

The thing is that the game doesn't run very well for some of us.
I'm trying to play on a 3570k@4ghz, 16gb ram and a 1070, and I keep getting weird framedrops.

Maybe it's something on my end, since it's really weird (though I had no issues with any other game prior to this one)

Yes, if you mean infrequent stuttering while moving across areas then that is probably loading-related and can be mitigated by an SSD.

If it's more common stutter or lack of smoothness despite holding 60 FPS I recommend trying the RTSS frame limiter.

I tried RTSS and it didn't help, and the framedrops aren't infrequent either.

Mivey

Not buying SSDs at all? I'd recommend even if you don't care an iota about gaming. Speeds up everything so much, that going back to HDDs for non-backup uses feels like using a home computer from the 80ies.
If you do have an SSD, Steam has recently (I guess?) added a feature where you can move games with a few clicks.

Not buying SSDs at all? I'd recommend even if you don't care an iota about gaming. Speeds up everything so much, that going back to HDDs for non-backup uses feels like using a home computer from the 80ies.
If you do have an SSD, Steam has recently (I guess?) added a feature where you can move games with a few clicks.

Agreed. Not having an SSD is just straight up nuts in this day and age. Even outside of gaming there's a ton of benefits.

It's not even that pricey for a 500GB one to store OS/games on.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
Instructions for dave is ok:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot within the last 3 months to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds -- MB-C427079F4F25BC1E - Taken by longlivegaming. 1 entrants total.

t1489883830z1.png
Beta key, not full game. Also, beta is only running for the next couple days so only enter if you plan on playing this weekend

Saudi Arabia PSN region is region 2,but use the $ currency,but not the same pricing as NA or EU,some games are $4-5 cheaper and some are 5$ more expensive,like Capcom games,Capcom games are also $4-5 more expensive in SA steam.

What's more confusing is,Nier is available in UAE PSN and steam store.
and UAE store is exactly the same for all PSN and steam games and pricing.

I see. That's pretty weird indeed considering UAE is just next door to SA.

New nier:automata steamspy numbers

https://steamspy.com/app/524220

Owners: 74,161 ± 9,465

Lol that's what I call a jump. It's gonna reach 200k in a week at this rate.

At worst it'll at least reach 150k if the pace is slowing down in the next few days.

Durante

There is no point even looking. It hasn't been out long enough get anything close to accurate
Well, the one thing it already tells us is that it's certainly not less than 74k ;)

Which is very close to my 75k prediction for the 10th day of SteamSpy (so the sales for the first week), and most people thought it was too high when I made that!

Lol that's what I call a jump. It's gonna reach 200k in a week at this rate.
Sadly, that's not how this works.
The jumps in the first 3 or 4 days don't really tell us anything about how it's selling -- it's the SteamSpy aggregation algorithm getting closer to the actual number.
(As in, if a game sold exactly 1 million copies in a second at its release, and then nothing at all after that, SteamSpy would show something close to 333k copies on the first day, 666k on the second, and then 1 million from there on.)

Jawmuncher

If it keeps the momentum, it should do similar to RE7 on steam then. Regardless seems like with the Japanese, PC sales alone this is probably already doing better than the original right? Seems like getting platinum on board, the cult status of the original, and it being a pretty unique title for march is really helping out. Also i'm sure all of that 2B art played a hand as well.

I can't see Square saying no to a port of Nier 1 on PS4/PC now.

If anything, i'm hoping that maybe it convinces square to do more simultaneous launches for their big titles.

I plan to at some point, just don't know when.

Nzyme32

This game (Dishonored 2) really is something else

Is the performance more reliable now, or is it still a bit wobbly?

Well, the one thing it already tells us is that it's certainly not less than 74k ;)

Which is very close to my 75k prediction for the 10th day of SteamSpy (so the sales for the first week), and most people thought it was too high when I made that!

Touché

The peak users is something like 23k, so I'd certainly expect a fair bit more

Durante

If it keeps the momentum, it should do similar to RE7 on steam then. Regardless seems like with the Japanese, PC sales alone this is probably already doing better than the original right? Seems like getting platinum on board, the cult status of the original, and it being a pretty unique title for march is really helping out. Also i'm sure all of that 2B art played a hand as well.
Knowing Square-Enix' business acumen on PC, they probably look at this data and then release all future games 1 year late, but with a Valve accessory. Because surely that was the reason for success.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

This game is rather strange! -- MB-9FEE2373F3B6058C - Taken by Shalashaska. 38 entrants total.

t1489871285z1.png
Contains 3 games - Absconding Zatwor/Break Into Zatwor/Fiends of Imprisonment which I already have. Quote to reveal the key.

Jawmuncher

Knowing Square-Enix' business acumen on PC, they probably look at this data and then release all future games 1 year late, but with a Valve accessory. Because surely that was the reason for success.

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what we got, sadly.

I think I already know that Nier is my game of the year.

NO.

Completely disregarding whether this particular game is "optimized" or not, the number of complaints is never ever an accurate indicator of anything, because people are idiots. Give people an option for 16k shadows and 8xSGSSAA, put it in the "high" preset, and you can release the most efficient game of all time and you'd still be swamped by complaints.

Truth Incarnate.

Automata is a bloody amazing port bar the fullscreen bug. It's just some people don't take good care of their PCs and completely forget about the scalability in PC games, and then, well... There's a Trump Tweet for this.

5a5e0e7136.jpg

I have a GTX970, an FX6300, and 8GB of RAM and I get perfect 60FPS without hitches in Automata.

To the people with performance issues with similar or better rigs...

Turn off Bonzi Buddy.

Nzyme32

Admittedly, that and the ability to get the game for £29 made me buy it when I wasn't intending to do so so soon.

Regardless, I'm really enjoying the game so far; much more than I expected. Makes me want to play the original sometime. That and Hollow Knight have made this a pretty nice month

Jawmuncher

Truth Incarnate.

Automata is a bloody amazing port bar the fullscreen bug. It's just some people don't take good care of their PCs and completely forget about the scalability in PC games, and then, well... There's a Trump Tweet for this.

I have a GTX970, an FX6300, and 8GB of RAM and I get perfect 60FPS without hitches in Automata.

To the people with performance issues with similar or better rigs...

Turn off Bonzi Buddy.

nope-dcice8eejaq.gif

You can't seriously tell me it's a bloody amazing port when it has a huge error day one AND tell me to turn off bonzi buddy. What kind of monster are you?

gngf123

I think I already know that Nier is my game of the year.

I can see it being mine too.

I've already made a note to make sure I nominate it for GAF soundtrack of the year. Hell, it might have my favourite soundtrack of all time if it keeps this up.

I can see it being mine too.

I've already made a note to make sure I nominate it for GAF soundtrack of the year. Hell, it might have my favourite soundtrack of all time if it keeps this up.

It really is fantastic, does anyone know if it's sale digitally anywhere or announced for release? I just want to listen to it all the time.

Durante

Using some very accurate math, I'll bet on 230k as the first week sales.
Ok, now I'll be the one saying that's way too high ;)

Using previous results of similar games, the current trajectory, and the current phase of the moon and alignment of the planets, I predict 150k for the first week now.

So I noticed the Bioshock Remastered Collection is 75% off for the weekend. Tsar Bomba?

Are they still broken as shit?

EDIT:

Oh, so apparently the Remastered packages include the original versions.

Mr. X

Mafia 3 for $20 on Steam.

I'm interested in it but frugal, is it a good fun time?

Edit: Just searched the thread. Felt MGS5 was repetitive and dropped it midway. This sounds worse.

Jawmuncher

Mafia 3 for $20 on Steam.

I'm interested in it but frugal, is it a good fun time?

I haven't beaten it yet, but I don't enjoy it as much as Mafia 2.
The story (when you get it) is good. But it has the recent open world problem, of doing a lot of busy work before you can actually do a real story mission. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it is repetitive. Thus far all I have done is take over districts by attacking areas to bring down the profits of said district so the crime boss comes out. That way I can kill them, and take over the district. With just a few story missions in-between all that. I wouldn't say $20 is bad for the game though if you're looking for something cheap to play that would last you bit.

EDIT: Yeah if you didn't like MGSV because it was repetitive, you wouldn't like Mafia 3 which is worse in that regard by far.

theRizzle

I usually post my leftover keys in the Canadian Game Deals thread but thought I'd dump a few here for a change. Have at it folks!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348616.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Back To The Future: The Game (NOT STEAM - Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-1A23AEEDD926653B
Else Heart.Break -- MB-FD27A0F96BFD0369 - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
Evoland 2 -- MB-388A1648496480B3 - Taken by longlivegaming. 2 entrants total.
Jotun -- MB-E81ACB1912FD0BC8 - Taken by Platy. 14 entrants total.
Jotun #2 -- MB-B244BDB811751FF0 - Taken by pantsattack. 14 entrants total.
Shadow Complex Remastered (NOT STEAM - Epic Launcher key) -- MB-800FF1576C0F29DE
Victor Vran -- MB-6849CBD381DB8786 - Taken by BlakeofT. 3 entrants total.
XCOM 2 -- MB-DE2149705BA68310 - Taken by bbd23. 17 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL 2 & Paradise Lost DLC (2 keys) - MB-3203FE47E26D911A

t1489903332z1.png

I tried to put both POSTAL keys in there but it doesn't seem to have worked, so whoever wins that (apologies in advance), just PM me and I'll hook you up with whichever key you didn't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom