• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nier's got some very basic graphic options, but thankfully I don't really have any problems with performance on my system. I don't really have an issue with the cutscenes being 30fps as it isn't the most uncommon thing for games on PC, and even though the 900p native rendering on full screen is really bizarre, I'm not a real stickler for resolutions so I don't actually care. I mean I'm the kind of person that didn't find the Dark Souls port a complete abomination and found it completely fine though not ideal so I'm one of those weirdos.

I think off-season GOTY talk is fun.

Keeps us tuned in to what's worth paying attention to, not just the Big Holiday Season releases.

My current front runner is Oxygen Not Included.

With Hidden Folks and Stories Untold pulling up the rear.
Can you speak on ONI a little bit? I forgot it was actually for sale. Klei are preeety good at what they do now a days, but being only in alpha I wonder how much it could change by the end. It has no reviews on steam either.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
It really is fantastic, does anyone know if it's sale digitally anywhere or announced for release? I just want to listen to it all the time.
Amazon Japan has a 3Disc ost coming the 28th. Import that thing ad it will allegedly have another disc as a bonus.

I hope Horizon Zero Dawn gets on some GOTY lists. It was released so early though.

Uncharted 4 released in May and still won hundreds of GOTY awards. Plus Sony will be pushing Horizon during the holidays with bundles and maybe even DLC so People will most likely still remember it during GOTY.

I hope Horizon Zero Dawn gets on some GOTY lists. It was released so early though.

Bloodborne was released quite aerly as well, didn't stop it from getting goty awards. All I know is that it's gonna be a bloodbath this year for goty.

So glad I finally picked up a PS4 a few months ago. So many amazing games that I may be missing if I were still solely focusing on PC.

Amazon Japan has a 3Disc ost coming the 28th. Import that thing ad it will allegedly have another disc as a bonus.

Nice, I'm tempted now. Good looking artwork as well.

61dM5CydHWL.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
Nier's got some very basic graphic options, but thankfully I don't really have any problems with performance on my system. I don't really have an issue with the cutscenes being 30fps as it isn't the most uncommon thing for games on PC, and even though the 900p native rendering on full screen is really bizarre, I'm not a real stickler for resolutions so I don't actually care. I mean I'm the kind of person that didn't find the Dark Souls port a complete abomination and found it completely fine though not ideal so I'm one of those weirdos.

The cutscenes aren't even 30 fps. At least, not normal 30 FPS, and have weird judders and stutters that make them look worse than even the PS4 version's cut scenes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What that I think Zelda will overshadow it or that Sony has a very active fanbase on this forum?

no, that you say that like it would be some insane fanboy crazyness if Horizon was on GOTY lists, like thats the only reason, when the reality is, its a very good videogame, its as simple as that. Who gives a fuck what platform its on.

Corpekata

Banned
no, that you say that like it would be some insane fanboy crazyness if Horizon was on GOTY lists, like thats the only reason, when the reality is, its a very good videogame, its as simple as that. Who gives a fuck what platform its on.

I wasn't suggesting that. It's a good game. I bought a Pro for it lol.

Just because insane fanboys gonna fanboy doesn't mean their clocks don't strike right twice a day. They did it for Bloodborne too (though Horizon isn't the clear cut masterwork Bloodborne is). But they also got MGS4 GOTY 2 different years.

It will happen to Zelda too, their fanbases show up for these sort of things. Like the elderly going to vote.

Vibranium

Banned
I will definitely buy Nier Automata down the line to support the sales. I watched some playthroughs of Drakengard and Nier 1 and I have to say I can see why Yoko Taro is called a mad genius.

I think the guy could come up with a killer horror game idea.

Aaron D.

Can you speak on ONI a little bit? I forgot it was actually for sale. Klei are preeety good at what they do now a days, but being only in alpha I wonder how much it could change by the end. It has no reviews on steam either.

It's fantastic so far.

Think RimWorld and Prison Architect gameplay systems with a 2D "Terraria" style presentation. Add a generous heaping of that trademark gorgeous Klei art & animation.

There's a ton of depth so far. And the package feels feature-rich & polished as heck. I'm absolutely loving it so far.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what's coming down the pipeline. As I was pretty much sold on Colony Sim + Klei.

Quil18 has a nice YouTube series going on if you'd like to see gameplay from a strat vet. His experience in the genre presents it far better than I could.

zkylon

zkylewd
nier runs sort of ok on my computer, 55ish on low at 1680x1050, with cutscenes being the worst and going down to 30 most of the time and sometimes as low as 20. it's not dishonored 2 bad but it's a trash port alright, this game shouldn't run this shitty

played it for about an hour and so far i'm pretty lukewarm to everything about it but we'll see

Anteater

nier runs sort of ok on my computer, 55ish on low at 1680x1050, with cutscenes being the worst and going down to 30 most of the time and sometimes as low as 20. it's not dishonored 2 bad but it's a trash port alright, this game shouldn't run this shitty

game runs at 1600x900 on a ps4 with drops I think, so it's probably not the port but the game :p

zkylon

zkylewd
game runs at 1600x900 on a ps4 with drops I think, so it's probably not the port but the game :p
yeah that might be it

it's manageable since the game is for the most part alright but it's still really disappointing since rising ran pretty good iirc

Sarcasm

played it for about an hour and so far i'm pretty lukewarm to everything about it but we'll see

Cutscenes are forced to 30 (29.8) so no way around that regardless.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ascheroth, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ascheroth, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The House in Fata Morgana -- MB-2970E7AC1E9C606F - Taken by Tart Toter 9k. 87 entrants total.

t1489906919z1.png

theRizzle

Free keys! go nuts

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1348616.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (theRizzle, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker--if you have both fewer than five posts in this thread--you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Back To The Future: The Game (NOT STEAM - Telltale Games DRM) -- MB-1A23AEEDD926653B
Else Heart.Break -- MB-FD27A0F96BFD0369 - Taken by laserlaser. 2 entrants total.
Shadow Complex Remastered (NOT STEAM - Epic Launcher key) -- MB-800FF1576C0F29DE
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL 2 & Paradise Lost DLC (2 keys) - MB-3203FE47E26D911A

t1489903332z1.png

I tried to put both POSTAL keys in there but it doesn't seem to have worked, so whoever wins that (apologies in advance), just PM me and I'll hook you up with whichever key you didn't get.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
personally I think all those games are boring and the only thing I like about the new Zelda game is Kass

data

If anyone here sees that MLB glitch thread over on gaming, please do not click on it. I'm getting unstoppable shivers. Jesus.

bbd23

oh my god I won a raffle!

can't wait to make all my friends in xcom xD

also nier continues to be fun as hell...not sure im too into the actual story right now but combat/gameplay is fun as hell and the side missions have some cool stories.

Coreda

Free keys! go nuts

Surprised it appears no one took else HeartBreak, made by the Hotline Miami promotional illustrator and musician. Interesting low poly experience with some good music. I have it on GOG, though haven't gotten around to completing the last sections.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I guess Morgana is not going to be the first VN I have a go at.

Until Humble Monthly :3

Ascheroth

Ok, now I'll be the one saying that's way too high ;)

Using previous results of similar games, the current trajectory, and the current phase of the moon and alignment of the planets, I predict 150k for the first week now.

What's funny is, that with 100-150k sales, probably even a little less, it already would have made Square Enix more revenue than the lifetime sales of the ~2½ year old FF XIII port.
Who would have thought timely releases could be more profitable than late ports.

Danielsan

After two weeks of nothing but Zelda, finally got back to my PC games. First game I start? A Metroid game. Axiom Verge sure is a treat. :)

zkylon

zkylewd
played a few more hours

not sure how i feel about it, it often reminds me of what i liked about nier but it's packaged in a way i don't think i like, and everything about it has been so obvious, the awesome thing about nier was that nothing was quite what it seemed and surprise was a big deal for it, and i guess it's too early to tell but i feel like all the cards are already on the table and this is just "hey have some more of the same!" which i find kind of boring

also 2b is super lame, hope i get a personality chip for her at some point cos 9s can't carry the whole game on his own

Cutscenes are forced to 30 (29.8) so no way around that regardless.

that's really weird

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-2B44724AD3AAFDE3 - Taken by KainXVIII. 12 entrants total.

t1489919249z1.png

The Overlord DLC in Mass Effect 2 was good. Even with the shitty vehicle parts.

Miranda is still waiting for me to help her out. The life of being a B-teamer.

Volimar

oh my god I won a raffle!

can't wait to make all my friends in xcom xD

also nier continues to be fun as hell...not sure im too into the actual story right now but combat/gameplay is fun as hell and the side missions have some cool stories.

Oh....oh dear...

Anteater

i hate Nier sidequests, they're so lame but this time they keep putting them in my way and I keep doing them :( (I skipped all of them in the original game)

played a few more hours

not sure how i feel about it, it often reminds me of what i liked about nier but it's packaged in a way i don't think i like, and everything about it has been so obvious, the awesome thing about nier was that nothing was quite what it seemed and surprise was a big deal for it, and i guess it's too early to tell but i feel like all the cards are already on the table and this is just "hey have some more of the same!" which i find kind of boring

also 2b is super lame, hope i get a personality chip for her at some point cos 9s can't carry the whole game on his own

I honestly think whatever obvious so far is going to turn out to be not so obvious in the second playthrough, like they're purposely baiting us to think "oh lol i see where this is going!", but we'll see!

Seriously tho I'm quite enjoying the game for the fact that we got another Nier with good music

Durante

played a few more hours

I couldn't disagree harder even if you had just called Trump a brilliant policy maker, diplomat, and advocate of the masses.

Prurient

Banned
Seeing the sale on Borderlands stuff has given me an itching to play, but how was the Pre-Sequel? I loved 1 & 2 but don't want to play through them again. Any other games that would help me scratch that itch instead? Was Shadow Warrior 2 any good?

My PC randomly crashed into a gray screen while I was browsing the internet. I press ctrl+alt+canc to restart it and I see the graphic on screen is a bit messed up. Also it doesn't actually reach the desktop and it keeps restarting itself. I replaced my gpu with an old one (Radeon 6570...) and it seems to be working fine (besides the fact that it didn't want to boot up at all at first). So I guess my R9 270 just died? Maybe I should try to put it back to check once more. But... damn it. Can't afford to buy a new gpu right now. I shouldn't have bought NieR either. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom