• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

He prob. Mad he doesnt have a copy of the game and didnt win any of the giveaways :v

He isn't making an awful lot of sense.

The performance thread wouldnt have 25 pages if it would be fine.

There isn't necessarily a direct correlation between page numbers and port quality when comes Performance specific threads.

Now my sister played that game on my old 280x and a 3760k and it runs fine and smooth with almost all options upped. Now, here I am with a 7600k and a 980TI G1 Gaming OC and it has framedrops everywhere. And others report similar things with a 1070, while other with a 1070 dont have problems.

I was mostly referring to his ridiculous statement regarding Platinum's porting efforts being on par with Koei Tecmo's and that we are all just being Neir fanboys for not issuing refund requests because clearly this is a shit tier port and we are all just giving poor Koei Tecmo a hard time.

I was mostly referring to his ridiculous statement regarding Platinum's porting efforts being on par with Koei Tecmo's and that we are all just being Neir fanboys for not issuing refunds because clearly this is a shit tier port and we are all just giving poor Koei Tecmo a hard time.

Sure. I get that. But the game is still not optimized, otherwise you wouldnt see so many complaints in the performance thread.

Nillansan

Sure. I get that. But the game is still not optimized, otherwise you wouldnt see so many complaints in the performance thread.

I am not denying that the game seems to behave oddly performance-wise on certain set-ups and that the implementation of Ambient Occlusion seems to be lacking. I hope that these shortcoming will be addressed by Platinum.

Tizoc

gngf123

Okay, I might just be stupid but here goes:

On NieR I have a message on the top right that says "Saving Possible". I know saving is possible, I've saved multiple times and I'm already in the desert. Is there any way to get rid of this?

On NieR I have a message on the top right that says "Saving Possible". I know saving is possible, I've saved multiple times and I'm already in the desert. Is there any way to get rid of this?

Saving stations act like Wi-fi hotspots, so whenever you are near one you'll get that message.

I sort of remember someone (in this thread?) said a few months ago that the original Dark Souls port was 'not bad, just barebones'. That is pretty far from the disbelief most people had when they learned that it was locked to 720p.

Nier Automata not rendering at the correct resolution in fullscreen mode and requiring a third party tool to do it properly in borderless window mode is not a thing that happens with good ports...

EdmondD

Havent tried it myself but there is a chip that shows you save spots. Maybe if you remove that chip then it won't show that message?

Jawmuncher

I sort of remember someone (in this thread?) said a few months ago that the original Dark Souls port was 'not bad, just barebones'. That is pretty far from the disbelief most people had when they learned that it was locked to 720p.

Nier Automata not rendering at the correct resolution in fullscreen mode and requiring a third party tool to do it properly in borderless window mode is not a thing that happens with good ports...

It has the makings of a good port.
But it definitely should have been released in a better state. Unsure if this port and the release date is because they wanted something out closer to the PS4 release, or if this is the best they could do. I feel they should hopefully be working on some patches. At minimum they have to fix the broken fullscreen option.

Nillansan

No it is not, but at least there's a very simple work around for it.

FLD

I gave up and I've been playing NieR:Automata at 900p since last night. It's still not flawless but at least I get 60fps like 90% of the time now and I can keep shadows and effects on high.

Feels weird to play a game on my PC at less than 1080p, though. Can't even remember the last time I've had to do it. I really hope Nvidia will release an optimized driver for it or something. :(

dex3108

This game (Dishonored 2) really is something else

32584430533_5276472b1c_o.png
33270576745_a513b4ef25_o.png
32887367280_2c82b9c61a_o.png
33515926715_e6d9af31a1_o.png
33131995320_260aabf0b6_o.png
33220520522_9d68d77290_o.png

StealthgamerBR put up a new Dishonored 2 video of the Clockwork Mansion that is one of the more impressive level runs I've ever seen. He's basically playing a different video game. Worth a watch if you enjoy watching people be really really good at action games, though it helps if you understand Dishonored 2 skills and mechanics.
Yep, that's a reason why i saved Emily for high-chaos walkthrough. When i saw her abilities after announcement my first thought was "hey, it'll be fun to fuck around and kill everything that moves". Just finished 3rd mission, 10 hours overall in game, those levels are so huge and complex.

I gave up and I've been playing NieR:Automata at 900p since last night. It's still not flawless but at least I get 60fps like 90% of the time now and I can keep shadows and effects on high.

Feels weird to play a game on my PC at less than 1080p, though. Can't even remember the last time I've had to do it. I really hope Nvidia will release an optimized driver for it or something. :(

I'm about to just refund it. I tried, but even with freesync it's too laggy on a 290x at 1440p. I don't wanna do sub-native res.

Anno

Yep, that's a reason why i saved Emily for high-chaos walkthrough. When i saw her abilities after announcement my first thought was "hey, it'll be fun to fuck around and kill everything that moves". Just finished 3rd mission, 10 hours overall in game, those levels are so huge and complex.

Emily is fun in high chaos, though this is NG+ with Corvo's powers available as well. She's just fun because how hilariously over the top dark she gets when you're killing everyone.

This game (Dishonored 2) really is something else
Nah, i can't say visuals are amazing. It's good looking game, but not something special IMO. It looks rough and monotone most of the time, but indeed can generate awesome scenes sometimes.
Emily is fun in high chaos, though this is NG+ with Corvo's powers available as well. She's just fun because how hilariously over the top dark she gets when you're killing everyone.
I saw one guide on Steam, that suggested to play low-chaos with Emily because "what father would want their daughter to have blood on her hands?" Some people are just crazy.

I was having weird hitching issues in nier where the game would stop for almost a full second every couple of minutes. My fps counter stayed at around 58-60 but it never actually felt like 60 fps because of the stuttering. Changing the settings did almost nothing to remedy this.
I finally fixed it by moving the game over to my SSD, so if you are having a similar issue i suggest you try moving it to a faster drive.

Jawmuncher

I was having weird hitching issues in nier where the game would stop for almost a full second every couple of minutes. My fps counter stayed at around 58-60 but it never actually felt like 60 fps because of the stuttering. Changing the settings did almost nothing to remedy this. I finally fixed it by moving the game over to my SSD, so if you are having a similar issue i suggest you try moving it to a faster drive.

Well sounds like the stuttering is forever in my game.
Not getting an SSD just to play nier.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just used the option on Nier to move the install folder to my ssd and it was very fast, is that normal?

its a big game I expected to take a bit?

edit: oh nvm the moving window was just hidden

Jawmuncher

So having fast boot times and load times on everything is not appealing to you?

I'm sure they'll patch it some day...
But real talk, you should probably consider getting a SSD anyway. There are other benefits to it than just being able to play nier.

I'm real bad about space management due to my slow download speeds.
So 50GB+ games and the like I don't really want to download more than once, since they can take me 20 hours. Thus currently it's better for me to have 2TB regular HDD speeds. So I can play games I get an itch for without too much wait.

If I was somewhere with faster DL speeds, an SSD would be more appealing.

So 50GB+ games and the like I don't really want to download more than once, since they can take me 20 hours. Thus currently it's better for me to have 2TB regular HDD speeds. So I can play games I get an itch for without too much wait.

You can easily move games back and forth from an SSD to hard drive without having to redownload them. I'm sure many of us have to do that since SSDs are pretty small in size.

Jawmuncher

You can easily move games back and forth from an SSD to hard drive without having to redownload them. I'm sure many of us have to do that since SSDs are pretty small in size.

My PC is kinda special since it was originally a X51 that I moved into a desktop tower with a new PSU. I have to see if it can even support having another storage drive on it, been awhile since I checked.

Prior to today i only used my SSD for my OS and software and i would say its worth it to get one even if you never use it for games as it makes everything else run smoother.
But i understand the space management issue as my SSD is only 240GB so I dont see myself moving any other games over.

Uzzy

Ending A (along with K and T) down for Nier Automata, and I'm enjoying it a lot so far, technical issues aside. Excited to see just how wacky the story goes.

L.O.R.D

Just found out that Nier will be released in my region next month.

They confirmed it via Twitter. Seems like translation issue like some people predicted.

Thanks China.
What region you have?
it's also not available in Saudi Arabia,finger crossed if ever happened because SE didn't release the game on Saudi Arabia PSN,same as FFXV.
It's not banned,square never bothered ask permission to sell it in the area.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Spring-Loaded, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Nier: Automata (let me know if you do ending E) -- MB-0D56CF9B12F51350 - Taken by rostocker. 122 entrants total.

t1489882553z1.png

Vamphuntr

I'll get to Nier after I'm done with MEA and they patch the game a bit for smoother performance. Really lot of good games on PC right now.

What region you have?
it's also not available in Saudi Arabia,finger crossed if ever happened because SE didn't release the game on Saudi Arabia PSN,same as FFXV.
It's not banned,square never bothered ask permission to sell it in the area.

Southeast Asia.

Anyway, here's the tweet:

NieR公式PRアカウント‏ @NieR_JPN
For other Asian countries, NieR:Automata(JE-Voice/JEFIGS-Sub) will be available on Steam in April.

By the way, that sounds pretty weird. If my country Indonesia is in Asian PSN (region 3) which regions is Saudi Arabia belong to? I thought there's only one PSN region for the whole Asia. Both Nier and FFXV are available here.

I'll get to Nier after I'm done with MEA and they patch the game a bit for smoother performance. Really lot of good games on PC right now.

Yeah, that's my plan as well. I'll be done with Andromeda by the end of the month or early next month. There's Persona in April but I think Nier will be in mid or late April, so it'll be fine.

Durante

I think I already know that Nier is my game of the year.

NO.

Completely disregarding whether this particular game is "optimized" or not, the number of complaints is never ever an accurate indicator of anything, because people are idiots. Give people an option for 16k shadows and 8xSGSSAA, put it in the "high" preset, and you can release the most efficient game of all time and you'd still be swamped by complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom