• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

I just hope they make the soundtrack available somehow. It's really quite annoying when publishers don't make the soundtracks to their games easily available.

The soundtrack is already available for preorder pretty much everywhere.

Tho pay attention that you order the limited 3+1 bonus disc version rather than the 1 disc one

zkylon

zkylewd
It's the rabbit statue right at the entrance. If you attack it enough times with a robot it comes to life, obviously hacking it is best.
with a robot? you mean like a pod?

man Nier 1 route b was like god tier right from the beginning with the Kaine back story, Nier 2 route B is pretty subtle with the changes
yeah

not super happy with the latest turn of events in route c sadly :T

Pod 042 is the real star of Nier: Automata anyway.
he kinda is lol

Danielsan

Currently going through my Route A play through of Nier 2. I'm trying to do most of the side quests (despite the fact that most of them aren't great). I was wondering though. Is there any point to doing all the side quests when on route A? Do the side quests and change on B, or can I simply skip side quests I've done before and mainline it after the first play through?

zkylon

zkylewd
Currently going through my Route A play through of Nier 2. I'm trying to do most of the side quests (despite the fact that most of them aren't great). I was wondering though. Is there any point to doing all the side quests when on route A? Do the side quests and change on B, or can I simply skip side quests I've done before and mainline it after the first play through?
you can do the sidequests you left open (and some new) on route b and c at least

i had a couple of them "fail" by not completing them by the end of route a and i could just start them over in route b

Hektor

Completed sidequests stay completed, route B gives you the option to finish all from Route A, tho Route B also contains new ones

theRizzle

Is there a quick way to remove saves from Steam Cloud?

I'm about to give Fallout 4 another shot, but it keeps insisting on downloading 1GB of saves before starting. I know I can turn off Steam Cloud, but I'd like to have my saves synced since I'm planning on playing on 2 PC's ...

Turn off cloud saves, start the game again, save, then turn cloud saves back on. It should tell you that your machine is out of sync with the cloud, and ask you to pick either your local save(s) or the ones on the cloud. If you pick your local save, I'm assuming it will replace your cloud saves with that one.

I have no idea if that will work, but if you don't care about your existing cloud saves it's worth a shot.

edit: you should probably try liezryou's way, lol

izku6xzakrvwk_by_alo81-d6gad4g.gif

holy shit sleeping dogs

I went into route B of Nier Automata with no healing items and since the intro doesn't checkpoint and I keep dying at the bit where you
play the pod
, forcing me to do it all over again. Have picked up that god damn bucket 5 times ;-;

Have to not get hit at all and it's just such a fucking boring and tedious section.

Hektor

I went into route B of Nier Automata with no healing items and since the intro doesn't checkpoint and I keep dying at the bit where you
play the pod
, forcing me to do it all over again. Have picked up that god damn bucket 5 times ;-;

Have to not get hit at all and it's just such a fucking boring and tedious section.

You can always drop down the difficulty

liezryou

So after using this chinese mechanical keyboard as my first one for 2 months, i think im ready to step it up. I really love the clicky feel and sound of these blue switches.

I really want to keep it tenkeyless, i have small desk space. I prefer logitech for my peripherals but it seems like both of their tenkeyless are only romer-g switches instead of cherry mx blue. Anyone have any ideas about these romer-g switches?

Turn off cloud saves, start the game again, save, then turn cloud saves back on. It should tell you that your machine is out of sync with the cloud, and ask you to pick either your local save(s) or the ones on the cloud. If you pick your local save, I'm assuming it will replace your cloud saves with that one.

I have no idea if that will work, but if you don't care about your existing cloud saves it's worth a shot.

edit: you should probably try liezryou's way, lol

Yeah, I tried that method but I don't get the prompt, so it just downloads them anyway.

I guess I gotta download them and then manually remove the saves in the game.

Sweet I can just ask you.
Currently about to start chapter 13. Are the last 5 chapters keeping up with the current pace of the last few. Or do they start to slow down again like the beginning chapters? I'm not going out of my way for side quests.

Like some said last chapters are pretty hectic. And awesome.

I really don't understand why devs didn't unlocked fast travel in Nier earlier. I tried to do sidequest and it relied on backtracking way too much. I'm almost alt+f4 game when i back
to robots village
, where i was going to speak with NPCs and complete several quests, but i did a huge mistake and
spoke with Pascal first
, and after that all sidequest marks suddenly disappeared and i was forced to run back because story mission started. Thankfully fast travel unlocked really soon, so i guess it should be easier now to ignore backtracking galore, story and combat is worth it.

Where do you live?
I'm from Belarus, can't give direct links because i'm currently at work but you can find more by "belarus protests 2017" google search if you want to know more.
I hate 9s. Had no emotional attachment to him whatsoever.
His hacking skill is nice though.
I wish there was an option to disable his visual and sound appearance in this game. Don't know why but i highly dislike this character, he is too annoying.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok finished route c

not really satisfied with route c, it's cool that u finally get to play as a2 and she's the best of the three protagonists, all tough like and shit, but she's not that great (no one is in this game) and the story takes some turns into my least favorite parts about nier 1, so idk

like 45 hours in i still struggle to decide if i actually like this game or not lol

i'm curious what comes next since i'm not sure how to get ending d (i got an idea) or how to get like the other 25 endings lol

btw how is there not a robot called descartes in this game

like the game is called freaking nier automata

like seriously

patapuf

ok finished route c

not really satisfied with route c, it's cool that u finally get to play as a2 and she's the best of the three protagonists, all tough like and shit, but she's not that great (no one is in this game) and the story takes some turns into my least favorite parts about nier 1, so idk

like 45 hours in i still struggle to decide if i actually like this game or not lol

i'm curious what comes next since i'm not sure how to get ending d (i got an idea) or how to get like the other 25 endings lol

like the game is called freaking nier automata

like seriously

At least we got jean-paul. Decartes would have been great though.

zkylon

zkylewd
the game is definitely too easy in normal but i don't mind, i don't think this game gets more fun if it becomes more challenging, the combat isn't deep enough for it (even tho i keep learning new moves by accident like 45 hours into the game lol)

At least we got jean-paul. Decartes would have been great though.
yeah, and simone de beauvoir, and marx and engels and such

sartre is cool, but i spent a bit trying to assign some meaning as to why like hegel is like a giant sand worm robot and shit but i gave up lol, i think yoko taro probably just found it cool or something

it's kind of what i find sometimes hard to balance in these games

i like the pantyshot cute girls killing robots with katanas but i have trouble then going back to the philosophical stuff, specially cos whatever reason there is to justify the gratuitous anime stuff is probably really stupid (like it was in nier 1)

anyways the existentialist stuff is my favorite part of nier 2, there's like a meanginlessness that's really pervasive in the game (this is kind of a remnant from nier 1, but it feels like it's twofold here since there's no real "rescue my daughter" quest to drive you) that i enjoy quite a lot but cmon, how can there not be a robot called rene!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ok finished route c

like the game is called freaking nier automata. Getting my philosophers mixed up >_>

like seriously

there is, he's called Jean Paul, they cant use Descartes because of ownership of the name apparently

edit: wait thats for sartre isnt it? youre right then

sprinkles

I finished Route A of Nier last night (Operator 60 is clearly the best Android ever). Now what to do next? Finish the other routes or going back to Gravity Rush 2 which is also a great game with awesome characters. I want to be done with both by the time Persona 5 launches but I fear I'll finish neither by then.

I finished Route A of Nier last night (Operator 60 is clearly the best Android ever). Now what to do next? Finish the other routes or going back to Gravity Rush 2 which is also a great game with awesome characters. I want to be done with both by the time Persona 5 launches but I fear I'll finish neither by then.

Keep going, Nier ain't done yet lol

I'd say you're 1/3 into the story

Really jealous of people who already finished Nier, I'm probably not even halfway through route A.
Yeah, reading all those impressions about different routes, and I'm just unlocked fast travel so probably not even close too first ending. I'm a slow player, usually spending 1-2 hours max per day on one game and very meticulously exploring areas before starting playing story missions. Currently spent around 10 hours on Nier, but I'm also playing Dishonored 2 at the same time (16 hours and halfway through first fully stealth playthrough).

If y'all are ever having trouble getting Neverwinter Nights to display properly, the magic process is forcing window mode through an ini change. Bioware's arcane development method has rendered it completely immune to all forms of display scaling, forced at the driver or the OS level, so if it's, say, cut off on the sides for some reason, it's pretty much your only option. It also fixes the weird blurriness, as an added bonus.

Far as I can tell the problem is caused by HDMI cables. As I recall it was perfectly fine when I had a DVI connection to my monitor. (I didn't even know this could be a thing, but here we are.)

MUnited83

For you.
Whoa that sounds good. I don't really like platformers but I am intriqued by the "adventure" part, so would I still enjoy it?
Depends on what you want from the "adventure" part :p. The game is pretty much its own beast... Like a survival metroidvania-like with a huge complex ecosystem. It can be quite frustrating at first, before you truly get a hold of the mechanics, but so good when you do.

patapuf

yeah, and simone de beauvoir, and marx and engels and such

sartre is cool, but i spent a bit trying to assign some meaning as to why like hegel is like a giant sand worm robot and shit but i gave up lol, i think yoko taro probably just found it cool or something

it's kind of what i find sometimes hard to balance in these games

i like the pantyshot cute girls killing robots with katanas but i have trouble then going back to the philosophical stuff, specially cos whatever reason there is to justify the gratuitous anime stuff is probably really stupid (like it was in nier 1)

anyways the existentialist stuff is my favorite part of nier 2, there's like a meanginlessness that's really pervasive in the game (this is kind of a remnant from nier 1, but it feels like it's twofold here since there's no real "rescue my daughter" quest to drive you) that i enjoy quite a lot but cmon, how can there not be a robot called rene!

Yeah, Taro hit his themes well but as you said, there's also a lot of "it's just cool/i like it" stuff mixed in, that i find fun but can be a turn off for others and sometimes the characters look a bit out of place for what's going on.

Durante

If y'all are ever having trouble getting Neverwinter Nights to display properly, the magic process is forcing window mode through an ini change. Bioware's arcane development method has rendered it completely immune to all forms of display scaling, forced at the driver or the OS level, so if it's, say, cut off on the sides for some reason, it's pretty much your only option. It also fixes the weird blurriness, as an added bonus.

Far as I can tell the problem is caused by HDMI cables. As I recall it was perfectly fine when I had a DVI connection to my monitor. (I didn't even know this could be a thing, but here we are.)
That answers the question of how to get NWN to display properly.
Now the only remaining question is why you would want to run NWN :p

Press Turn

Neo Member
It always intrigued me how the community grabs hold of games and keeps them going.

100% Orange Juice has been going for a LONG time, for example

Buraindo

Finally finished Far Cry 2 with a grand total of 27 hours playtime. The game feels way better when played as a nature simulator, not a diamond collectathon or Quake-style twitch shooter. Recommend it to anyone who's yet to try it out. If anyone else has played this, make sure to delete your saves! It turns out that every quick save goes into a new slot and at the end, I had over 600 total saves at about 5 MB each.

Thanks very much to pantsattack for the advice on how to properly handle enemy counters and the tip about the mounted-gun cars at safehouses.

Never finished this game myself so I'll go ahead and do that. I could do with a nice, atmospheric game.

Yeah, reading all those impressions about different routes, and I'm just unlocked fast travel so probably not even close too first ending. I'm a slow player, usually spending 1-2 hours max per day on one game and very meticulously exploring areas before starting playing story missions. Currently spent around 10 hours on Nier, but I'm also playing Dishonored 2 at the same time (16 hours and halfway through first fully stealth playthrough).

Well, at least we get to use all the fixes during our first playthrough.

And yes, Sleeping Dogs is fantastic.

Hektor

I thought Dark Souls 3 and its DLC was the weakest and most boring souls content made, yet i still make the mistake of getting myself hyped.

Hh245QW.png

#NobodyCanPlayYouIfYouPlayYourself

Monooboe

Depends on what you want from the "adventure" part :p. The game is pretty much its own beast... Like a survival metroidvania-like with a huge complex ecosystem. It can be quite frustrating at first, before you truly get a hold of the mechanics, but so good when you do.

Hmh yeah I'm liking what I hear.:D Will probably pick it up now with it being chaper during release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom