• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gngf123

Man, Rainworld looks good.

If it's as good as it looks, we have had Hollow Knight, Nier, and Rainworld back to back. 2017 is off to a great start.

Vuze

SteamGAF community Sleeping Dogs replay when?
Would love to replay it on PC since I only played it on PS3 back in the day. Amazing title indeed but a) no time to even play A-tier new releases and b) I'm not sure it aged all too well.
Still sad there won't be a successor.

Id guess we gonna have to wait exactly a year like with FFX

If that's the case I'm probably gonna pick it up on PS4 since I really like the steelbook, I like collecting those. I'll own the PC version eventually when the game gets bundled or something.
Then again, after I beat P5 I wanna catch up with all the games I missed during this quarter so replaying a huge rpg like FFXII might not be the best use of my time for the second half of the year.
I have a real soft spot for this game.

Endruen

Has someone finished 999 on Steam already? How did they
solve the lack of a second screen for the plot twist at the end?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-B4C51CBE373F2468 - Taken by Vastag. 9 entrants total.

t1490636311z1.png

Ludens

Banned
Revolution added the original version of Broken Sword 1 and 2 if you own the Remastered as free dlc.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/580430/

Too lazy to link the first game too, just search for it. anyway, just for reference, the original versions are much better than remastered ones, considering:
-some jokes were cut from Remastered
-some cutscenes were cut too, or they included just some frames of them

I have been playing 999 all weekend and on the track of the true ending now, I will finish it up tonight after work. I initially played it years ago on the DS but never got past more than 1 ending and just treated it as a puzzle game on-the-go and never appreciated the visual novel aspect, which I've played a lot more since. I’ve read numerous times that the end is reliant on the DS setup, but this will be my first time finishing it on a single screen so I’m curious how it’ll play out. I guess I should youtube the DS ending then to compare as it seems pretty split on people saying how crucial it is to the endgame. I am absolutely loving the story and the twists, so far. Can’t trust anybody on this damn ship.

Jawmuncher

I have been playing 999 all weekend and on the track of the true ending now, I will finish it up tonight after work. I initially played it years ago on the DS but never got past more than 1 ending and just treated it as a puzzle game on-the-go and never appreciated the visual novel aspect, which I've played a lot more since. I’ve read numerous times that the end is reliant on the DS setup, but this will be my first time finishing it on a single screen so I’m curious how it’ll play out. I guess I should youtube the DS ending then to compare as it seems pretty split on people saying how crucial it is to the endgame. I am absolutely loving the story and the twists, so far. Can’t trust anybody on this damn ship.

999 is so good. Dunno if you played the sequels, but if you havent temper your expectations for when you do. None of them come close to the original imo.

999 is so good. Dunno if you played the sequels, but if you havent temper your expectations for when you do. None of them come close to the original imo.

Yeah I’ve heard mixed reactions on the sequels, specifically ZTD. I’ve always wanted to play VLR when it was on Vita but knew I wanted to finish 999 first; it releasing on Steam finally gave me the motivation. I still intend to play through as I own them but kind of know what to expect now.

Endruen

I'm still waiting for ZTD to arrive, I ordered it a couple of weeks ago for my Vita, but I liked VLR a lot too. The story is more complex and the twists are fucking everywhere.

Granjinha

Man, Rainworld looks good.

If it's as good as it looks, we have had Hollow Knight, Nier, and Rainworld back to back. 2017 is off to a great start.

yeah, as someone who reviewed it and think it's a GOTY contender i'm quite surprised at the scores. I mean, i expected it to be divisive, but a 5? It deserves much more than that.

Uzzy

The soundtrack is already available for preorder pretty much everywhere.

Tho pay attention that you order the limited 3+1 bonus disc version rather than the 1 disc one

Yeah, I checked on Amazon and it's available via import for £60. Which is kinda pricey. Doesn't help that it's an audio CD, which of all the hardware I own can only be played on my PS4.

Not an ideal situation.

zkylon

zkylewd
there is, he's called Jean Paul, they cant use Descartes because of ownership of the name apparently

edit: wait thats for sartre isnt it? youre right then
i think they try to use names whenever possible but like u can't call engels friedrich since there's also nietzsche and shit

Yeah, Taro hit his themes well but as you said, there's also a lot of "it's just cool/i like it" stuff mixed in, that i find fun but can be a turn off for others and sometimes the characters look a bit out of place for what's going on.
yeah, i think i was more forgiving in nier 1 cos kaine was such a fun character

i don't mind a healthy amount of "it's just cool" stuff, tho, i'm just disappointed with a2

I thought Dark Souls 3 and its DLC was the weakest and most boring souls content made, yet i still make the mistake of getting myself hyped.

Hh245QW.png

#NobodyCanPlayYouIfYouPlayYourself
lol yeah

even if i don't care much for dark souls 3, i'm still a littly bit excited for it

Kudo

How can you disagree if you didn't play the dlc yet (I presume)?

He did play it, few pages back, reviewer I'd assume.

Soon I'll get to judge it myself, I'm excited but don't think it'll match The Old Hunters, that's just.. Really hard, being the best DLC and all.

Endruen

Everyday at least once I get an error saying that "The default gateway isn't available" and it disconnects me from my internet until it decides I'm worthy of it again. Any solution?

Now have enough to buy Hollow Knight as well from selling Dota 2 items, should probably wait to see if it has any sale soonish since I don't think I'll get to it until after finishing NieR, Zelda and Resident Evil 7. Starting Persona 5 soon too, there are just too many games this year. :(

yuraya

Another Survival FPS in Early Access earned tons of money in a few days

http://www.pcgamer.com/playerunknow...ion-during-its-first-weekend-in-early-access/

When will that survival bubble burst?

As long as Twitch exists those games will always be popular and profitable.

And its only a matter of time till AAA companies start making those type of games as well. The popularity will probably grow even more. I'm still surprised Ubisoft didn't spin off that Division survival dlc into its own game.

Purkake4

Banned
Another Survival FPS in Early Access earned tons of money in a few days

http://www.pcgamer.com/playerunknow...ion-during-its-first-weekend-in-early-access/

When will that survival bubble burst?
This is totally different from the survival bubble. The king of the hill stuff with a massive map, player count and gradual limitation of the arena is a pretty cool multiplayer thing as long as there's players.

The dime-a-dozen minecraft-inspired survival games do still seem to be coming out (in early access) with alarming frequency though.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
The Last Man Standing games are just replacing the Survival titles is all. People got tired of the grind, but like the fighting aspect.

Pixieking

Banned
Why is any game cheap on cdkeys? Because they are shady as hell.

Just to note, cdkeys are "shady" in that they rip keys from retail releases. Nothing more than that, and it should be noted that even GMG have used "authorised distributors" (probably keys from retail releases) in the past.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I remember when this was all Tower Defense Games. Now it's all the Forest.

Tower Defense went to DOTA. Oddly enough, both times from SC -> WCIII, then from 2008-2009 -> 2010-2011.

It's always interesting to see how the cycle goes. Ignoring the Animu Waifu crowd shit. It seems like the next big genre boon spawns from the previous.

Finally finished Far Cry 2 with a grand total of 27 hours playtime. The game feels way better when played as a nature simulator, not a diamond collectathon or Quake-style twitch shooter. Recommend it to anyone who's yet to try it out. If anyone else has played this, make sure to delete your saves! It turns out that every quick save goes into a new slot and at the end, I had over 600 total saves at about 5 MB each.

Thanks very much to pantsattack for the advice on how to properly handle enemy counters and the tip about the mounted-gun cars at safehouses.
Congrats on finishing it. It is a game I was very shy about starting because I heard all the malaria stories and the about the difficulty, but it's now one of my favorite games. It's kind of like ARMA for a person that doesn't have time to go full ARMA. Never go full ARMA.
hqdefault.jpg

I wish I could go full ARMA
I thought about trying a real speedrun for a while, but realized the strategy for that is opposite of how I like to play.
Never finished this game myself so I'll go ahead and do that. I could do with a nice, atmospheric game.
Go for it. Tips if you're getting frustrated.

Purkake4

Banned
Tower Defense went to DOTA. Oddly enough, both times from SC -> WCIII, then from 2008-2009 -> 2010-2011.

It's always interesting to see how the cycle goes. Ignoring the Animu Waifu crowd shit. It seems like the next big genre boon spawns from the previous.
At least today there's way more diversity in the market and interesting games in a variety of genres coming out weekly. Just because one thing is the flavor of the month doesn't mean that there isn't a dizzying variety of different stuff to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom