• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Finished Banned Game 01. Dragged on towards the end:

cgz1sa9.jpg

It's so much better to read in German. LOL

Yeah, that has been known for a while now.
To be fair, I've heard the XBox One initiative is from DeepSilver and not SEGA/Atlus, but still.

Btw, We're a quarter through the year now and Sega still hasn't shared any news about their PC initiative, like they said at the end of last year.
They really meant "2017" with "in the New Year", didn't they?

STZyoUr.gif

Good news: Valkyria Azure Revolution seems to be a bad game. So at least, it wont bomb for 60 bucks on Steam then make SEGA change their mind about PC and japanese games.

Bad news: SEGA already gave up on PC and Japanese games. When you see the success (180k)
of a niche game like Nier Automata at 60 bucks on launch week, it's freakin laughable to leave money on the table like this. But hey, they did too despite VC selling best on Steam than on consoles.

Ganado

Good news: Valkyria Azure Revolution seems to be a bad game. So at least, it wont bomb for 60 bucks on Steam then make SEGA change their mind about PC and japanese games.

Bad news: SEGA already gave up on PC and Japanese games. When you see the success (180k)
of a niche game like Nier Automata at 60 bucks on launch week, it's freakin laughable to leave money on the table like this. But hey, they did too despite VC selling best on Steam than on consoles.

B-b-but sales and bundles!

What if Activision pushes Blizzard Client or even worse new Client for Destiny 2 on PC? XD I mean it is perfect opportunity.

Ever since Battle.net 2.0 was announced, I've been expecting Activision to announce that all their games moving forward will require it. That was nearly seven years ago. Frankly, if it hasn't happened already, there's no reason to assume that it will happen now.

Tonton

Finished Black Flag, it was fun, probably one of my favorites, but nothing special

Although this has my highest completion rate in the series I think. Even considering going back and trying to 100% it, I think I'm only missing two buried chests and 100% synch in the main missions

AHA-Lambda

Oh yeah? How come?
I've not kept up with it

Nillansan

If you want some sort of guide for reaching a specific final, I suggest you to check Steam communities; there are two detailed walkthrough for each endgame. Initially I played it doing random side quests without any logic, but it was a "wrong way" to play it for me. I needed a reference guide to know what to do, when, where and what are the best choices for every dialogue. A crazy game indeed and the sequel is even more crazy, in some aspects.

Thanks, I'll check them out. Right now I am just doing some odd jobs and earning money. I was planning on joining a clan, but I forgot that I killed their recruiter earlier.

Thanks man, just what I needed to hear. :)

No problem, I hope that you like it.

Hektor

The reason for SEGA taking so long is them prepping Yakuza Ishin for a simultaneous Steam+PS4 launch in the west.

Let me dream

Ascheroth

Oh yeah? How come?
I've not kept up with it
It's a spin-off Action-RPG with a clunky real-time/pause-to-use-action combat system that tries to ape VC but doesn't really work out, is far too easy and seems to have a looooot of cutscenes, which seem to be of... dubious quality. This is from the release date thread:.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku1XhiBmU6w&t=11m25s

Here is a great example of the poor cutscenes in this game. Not just the animation but the direction of the cutscenes in general is almost non-existent.

This is at the 10minute mark in the game and the part linked doesn't have spoilers. The game is fucking atrocious. It's even worse that the first thing in this game is a 16minute cutscene... argggggggggg.

That's what I remember from reading the import thread.

Oh yeah? How come?
I've not kept up with it

Apparently really bad AI, repetitive missions and mindless/janky/boring gameplay, lots of padding that makes the game longer than it needs to be, way to many cutscenes (apparently 70% cutscenes/30% gameplay), and a certain incompleteness to the game that might have been down to not having that big of a budget to do the game. It seems like the only bright spot is a decent story/characters and good music.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Getting a weird bug with my g-sync monitor, when I play a game it flickers black and to the game constantly, saying display port no signal?

Its seems to fix itself in certain games like FIFA, but not others? Tried unplugging plug etc as that was a "fix" on Google

Only does this for games too, not chrome or steam etc

Wok

He is damn right. The more time flows, the more I agree with this statement. 20€ is the new black.
I don't care about inflation.

Feb 21: 20€
March 29: 20€

March 30: 20€
April 11: 20€

April 25: 20€

Coincidence?

Parsnip

Yooo, do we know the exact time Ringed City is supposed to unlock?

Might be 10PM GMT. Which would be less than two hours away I think. Hmm.

Lomax

Blizzard's client is only for Blizzard's games (it even got renamed to Blizzard app). Why would Acti push it for their game?

Back when titan was still a thing and steam hasn't really taken off yet, it was well known the plan for battle.net was to become what Steam became. No reason actiblizz wouldn't still have thoughts along those lines. After all, they still cling to always online for the pc version of Diablo 3. The better question would be, why not co-brand Destiny 2 as a Blizzard game and tap into that mmo market?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Back when titan was still a thing and steam hasn't really taken off yet, it was well known the plan for battle.net was to become what Steam became. No reason actiblizz wouldn't still have thoughts along those lines. After all, they still cling to always online for the pc version of Diablo 3. The better question would be, why not co-brand Destiny 2 as a Blizzard game and tap into that mmo market?
I don't think Blizzard would even let Activision put other games on their store.

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah, that has been known for a while now.
To be fair, I've heard the XBox One initiative is from DeepSilver and not SEGA/Atlus, but still.

Btw, We're a quarter through the year now and Sega still hasn't shared any news about their PC initiative, like they said at the end of last year.
They really meant "2017" with "in the New Year", didn't they?

STZyoUr.gif

Sega had better come through with the PC ports. I really want Yakuza in particular. Man, even if they just said "we're taking our time to get them right" would be a nice thing to have.

ShaneB

No, there isn't. Only thing you could do is buy steam gifts with that money and then sell them to someone who would pay you to your paypal...but I think strictly speaking, that would be against the Steam Trading Policy.

One way I can think of would be to buy TF2 keys, then offload them on a site like Marketplace.tf. I've used this site before, and it worked fine. Probably similar sites exist for CSGO if you do the research.

You will probably get more of the keys value doing direct Paypal sales to end users, but at the added risk of losing money if the buyer is not reputable. So be careful who you trust if going this route.

Thanks for the replies. Was hoping for something a bit more straight forward. Guess I'll see what else is an option.

kiyomi

Steam crashed for me earlier while I was playing STALKER and now whenever I try to open it, I log in and the client fails to load and is unresponsive, so I have to use the task manager to close it.

Guessing I should reinstall? If I uninstall Steam will that take my games with it or can I keep them installed but reinstall the client? Any other fixes?

Edit: Solved it by deleting the 'beta' file under Program Files (x86) > Steam > package

Wow Hollow Knight seems tight af. Great art, great controls, great sound design. Can't wait to play more, only beaten the first boss for now.

Finished Banned Game 01. Dragged on towards the end:
I like the avatars of the folks in your friend list who have also played it.

Wow Hollow Knight seems tight af. Great art, great controls, great sound design. Can't wait to play more, only beaten the first boss for now.
The gaming side thread about it threw me for such a loop. The last thing I expected people to take issue with the game was the art, but yet.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Black Swan -- MB-2135E66A84C870DC - Taken by someguyinahat
Disastr_Blastr -- MB-F129F746AE6F27AC - Taken by Genki
Energy Cycle Collector's Edition -- MB-464D2DAE2F9F81CE - Taken by voodooray
Escape from Nazi Labs -- MB-B326F21E15179CDD - Taken by rainking187
Extreme Forklifting 2 -- MB-9F43493D7C157687 - Taken by Mavromatis
Flame of Memory -- MB-FB21690719521674 - Taken by Sarcasm
Gravity Error -- MB-B088CE34DD1F13E9 - Taken by Ventilaator
InterLOGIC -- MB-30CFB9FAA430FA30 - Taken by Arthea
Kingdom of Aurelia: Mystery of the Poisoned Dagger -- MB-80A838E082983774 - Taken by bobnowhere
Metanet Hunter CD -- MB-7AFD479D7D585478 - Taken by Eila
MontaSayer -- MB-94E379B28C3B546C - Taken by rainking187
Mystic Diary: Quest for Lost Brother -- MB-D3D6C0719AA75832 - Taken by Kifimbo
Omega One -- MB-C99B19E997484985 - Taken by Purkake4
Rest House -- MB-815F3D12B08A1B74 - Taken by bloke
Socxel: Pixel Soccer -- MB-548EB4B8CE03D27B - Taken by fuzzy123
Super Destronaut -- MB-EA7FD9DC62BBFE0B - Taken by Powerpuff
Taken Souls: Blood Ritual Collector's Edition -- MB-6F2F915EC5C3849B - Taken by someguyinahat
The Cat: Porfirio's Adventure -- MB-657669118BBFC25C - Taken by impliedsignificance
The Lords of the Earth Flame -- MB-DF8E420DCA904A21 - Taken by illusionary
The Space Garden -- MB-E944B97AC23B5E88 - Taken by sadblob
Trump Simulator 2017 -- MB-67A9CA021CB53425 - Taken by bobnowhere
Unnamed Fiasco -- MB-CCF00F006B76F46C - Taken by Belgarion
Visitors -- MB-B362D9D8B58CA65C - Taken by Vuze
Xbird -- MB-671AB2A2E21FD7F0 - Taken by Hakkelus

That answers the question of how to get NWN to display properly.
Now the only remaining question is why you would want to run NWN :p
For the most part, I like toying with the editor. (The secret to getting that to run properly is forcing vsync on it to prevent the animations from going psycho. And also running as admin, otherwise files you save are visible to the toolset and nothing else.) Also nostalgia: NWN is the last game I played on my first computer--the demo ran so badly that it dropped down to single frames during the first fight in the Official Campaign.

Like, yeah, NWN2 is categorically superior in every respect. Much more ambitious overall, excepting the editor toolset, multiplayer, and mod support (which were huge elements of the first game's success). I remember back in those days disdaining what Obsidian kept doing to Bioware's games--tossing out unfinished sequels to their games; oh how naive I was.

The craziest thing is that Bioware added rideable horses and visible cloaks to Neverwinter Nights in one of its last patches, some time after Neverwinter Nights 2 came out. (NWN2 lacked both of these features.) Bioware was a different beast in those days.
i think thimbleweed park is gonna disappoint a lot of people
but
Marketing of the year right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom