• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Destructoid: Hollow Knight Review

rvIxpvj.png

ycPlc0L.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Yeah, i'm 100% with you on this. There were some rare occasions where i thought "yeah i couldn't do anything here", but they were really scarse.

But that's a given if the games has procedural and random elements in it (in this case, the creatures behaviour)

Spelunky also had some situations like this. Is it bad becaues of that? Of course not.
Yep. The only possible to way to fix those situations would be to do away with the system, which would completely ruin the game. The whole point is it being a living sprawling ecosystem where all sort of creature behaviours and situations can happen.

Granjinha

Yep. The only possible to way to fix those situations would be to do away with the system, which would completely ruin the game. The whole point is it being a living sprawling ecosystem where all sort of creature behaviours and situations can happen.

I think giving more time to all reviewers and more hints on the e-mail with the press copy could ease most of these complaints, tbh. There's just so many things to learn, be it interactions with the creatures, the items with creatures or the items with environment itself that i honestly don't think (aside from two areas) that the game is that hard.

Did you finish it? The areas i'm talking about:

Underhang and Five Pebbles (Unfortunate Development)

I was actually yelling at the screen sometimes in the first area

...Yes, everyone should play Toki Tori 2+, the Dark Souls of puzzle-platformers. Forego the white meatball for the yellow one.

Underrated game. It really well thought and having all the abilities already from the start but just discovering how to use them as you progress was a good design decision, even the visual clues on the levels pointing to what you need to do.

Purkake4

Banned
CK2 finally adds what it's been missing for five years.

Nothing screams politics and intrigue in the Middle Ages like Buffy the Vampire Slayer hunting down Satanists.
I mean you can also turn it off and do boring stuff like plot to kill people and go on crusades.

Join me in Bloodborne. Cousin of my wife lent/gave me his ps4.
Maybe not for a while, I don't want to touch a souls game anytime soon.

Did you have a PS4 before? What made you upgrade if so, otherwise what sold you on a PS4?
This is my first ever Sony console. I bought it for Horizon.

The gateway drug to consoles!!!

I love my Pro, it's a great system. It makes playing console games more tolerable because the resolution and frame rate are closer to what you expect from a PC game.
I was playing Horizon, as pretty as it was, some low-poly objects and bad LoD pop-ins still showed its a console game.

Now get the best ps4 exclusive to date

--DOAX3--
The volleyball game?
I'm from Belarus, can't give direct links because i'm currently at work but you can find more by "belarus protests 2017" google search if you want to know more.
I'll check it out.

It's got about 250k on JP PS4 right?

If it can beat that on PC before it even gets to its first notable sale that would be amazing.

Its still in the top 5 best sellers on steam and releases in more Asian countries in April, so I could see it reaching that number before it hits a sale.

All those people who tried to downplay the importance of a timely PC release look so silly.

Even after this, Square Enix will still release some of their games 6 months to a year after the PS4 Version.

WHEN'S DINO CRISIS?

hqdefault.jpg

Teggy

After Styx 2 I decided to give Of Orcs And Men another go (for the lore!)

If you take a side quest in the game you are locked into it until the end. So if you can't finish it, you can only go back to your last manual save, assuming you made one at the hub. The first time I got stuck I played a section over. The next time, fully planning to save before taking on another quest, simply talking to an NPC transported me to a quest without being able to save. Couldn't beat that quest.

I don't have time for that. Done.

Underrated game. It really well thought and having all the abilities already from the start but just discovering how to use them as you progress was a good design decision, even the visual clues on the levels pointing to what you need to do.
Fuck the whistling song mechanic tho, so hard to play them.

Just wrapped up the true ending in 999-- wow, it was one of those games I had been meaning to finish for years but it just always sat in the backlog. The Steam version added a flow chart which was appreciated and the new voice acting is well done, nobody sounded out of character in my mind. I had my suspicions throughout the game but ended up being dead wrong on a few guesses such as
the relationship between Junpei/June, I was convinced they were an alternate world version of each other or at least related.
I really enjoyed it and my mind is still racing trying to put everything together.

Oo04a.gif

Regarding the puzzle change in the Steam version, I watched the DS version on youtube and
can see how a 2nd screen would be a cool effect but I didn't think it was wholly crucial for the impact of the reveal or endgame, I was still pretty shook. The replacement cipher puzzle they used was kind of a letdown as it was simple, but didn't detract from the ending for me.

On to VLR this weekend!

FLD

Regarding the puzzle change in the Steam version, I watched the DS version on youtube and
can see how a 2nd screen would be a cool effect but I didn't think it was wholly crucial for the impact of the reveal or endgame, I was still pretty shook. The replacement cipher puzzle they used was kind of a letdown as it was simple, but didn't detract from the ending for me.

Honestly, people tend to blow things way out of proportion with this series, for some reason. It's not like the entire game actually suffers by removing that particular twist, it was just a neat gimmick. Plus, the original puzzle was literally
fucking sudoku
, so that's no big loss either. Other things that people exaggerate to a ridiculous extent:

-No, you don't absolutely need to play 999 before VLR. It's better if you have but you won't actually miss out on much if you haven't.
-Zero Time Dilemma wasn't anywhere near as bad as some people like to claim.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Adam Wolfe -- MB-E717CB10C5BC4B82 - Taken by Eila
Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology -- MB-A84E19CD19573093 - Taken by PaulSane
Blitzkrieg Anthology -- MB-F8E85C2CCFF6841B - Taken by NingenJanai
Bridge Constructor Stunts -- MB-3466FEB9B31BC38E - Taken by dave is ok
CountDown -- MB-5FCBE49564DE05E3 - Taken by voodooray
Flat Kingdom -- MB-C7C57A58600FDFCB - Taken by InquisitorAles
Iggy's Egg Adventure -- MB-41B8982A92B78289 - Taken by bloke
Jumping Tank -- MB-79DB5AD936937C29 - Taken by Belgarion
La-Mulana -- MB-4AE912FA074BB7D5 - Taken by GrinningColossus
Monstro: Battle Tactics -- MB-130916826C96880E - Taken by Powerpuff
Queen of Seas -- MB-DEEC3BD3805543FB - Taken by Dusk Golem

Shadows 2: Perfidia -- MB-019A855BCA5D5414 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Sky to Fly: Soulless Leviathan -- MB-DB806B5E02840485 - Taken by rainking187
Super Cube Smash -- MB-AC107D79DC7FFC5D - Taken by Abomination
Tactical Soccer -- MB-11A9754799DDA6AD - Taken by bobnowhere
The Albatross -- MB-A6BEF1FC428E6DC9 - Taken by Hakkelus
Tomato Way -- MB-4B4F1C5C73AB7CD8 - Taken by SSPssp

I don't want to buy another indie game, I've got so many good things to play already

also by the time it comes to Switch I might be finished with Nier and Zelda so

I would kill for an Nvidia Shield EXACTLY like the Switch but it'll never happen :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Asteroid Bounty Hunter -- MB-AAC65818FB418ED7 - Taken by Chreznor
Charlie's Adventure -- MB-A6C79257BBC67E40 - Taken by Powerpuff
Cube Runner -- MB-211E9008D3C87F37 - Taken by fuzzy123
Disastr_Blastr -- MB-F129F746AE6F27AC - Taken by Genki
Duke of Alpha Centauri -- MB-9F406A1FEE44A533 - Taken by bobnowhere
Extreme Forklifting 2 -- MB-1C4DE72EB57B22D0 - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
Fly and Destroy -- MB-E27ACE4A656A87A1 - Taken by Eila
Gravity Error -- MB-B088CE34DD1F13E9 - Taken by Ventilaator
Hungry Flame -- MB-727D2051B46F15A1 - Taken by redlacs
Neon Prism -- MB-2AFD79EC18415347 - Taken by Loptous
Neon Space -- MB-F4C28E8F5D6E6966 - Taken by Belgarion
Neon Space 2 -- MB-C7971A6D6D2C909F - Taken by Camel Master
ShipLord -- MB-868F5EC7EB2FEB89 - Taken by fuzzy123
Slash It -- MB-4EFC9B8DEA372374 - Taken by Arthea
Slash It 2 -- MB-5BB40F4E39C978D3 - Taken by sadblob
Spin Rush -- MB-734A3EDEF44D7415 - Taken by Smeagol
Super Destronaut -- MB-F4CF84901E5E50B1 - Taken by Eila
Survive in Space -- MB-3C9FA73D0F3FE2FA - Taken by laserlaser
Upside Down -- MB-833B3309C0BB875B - Taken by ctw0e
Visitors -- MB-B362D9D8B58CA65C - Taken by Vuze
Word Killer: Zorgilonian Chronicles -- MB-B6CA0674081143FA - Taken by ctw0e

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for MontaSayer failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Trump Simulator 2017 failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom