• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

The most recent one. As, basically, always except for one or two quickly fixed releases on specific configurations over the past 2 years.

I usually update my drivers to the latest within days of the release, and do so by simply running the auto-installer (I haven't done a single so-called "clean install" since installing my OS), and I have had exactly one driver-version-related issue over the past 2 years. (And that one was in a specific nonstandard VR configuration)

are you saying that we all that have problems with Nvidia drivers are at fault or what?

data

For those who've played the steam version of Umineko, is it normal for the soundtrack to crackle? It's really bad

The weird thing is it doesn't seem to happen when I listen to the tracks on wmp. I remember higurashi also had this issue but it wasn't as bad as in here.

Corpekata

Banned
For those who've played the steam version of Umineko, is it normal for the soundtrack to crackle? It's really bad

The weird thing is it doesn't seem to happen when I listen to the tracks on wmp. I remember higurashi also had this issue but it wasn't as bad as in here.

Don't have it but I'd wager not.

I had this issue with a few games when running in my default 5.1 mode. Forcing stereo playback fixed it for me.

Wok

I don't like mystery giveaways because I once won a game called Strategy Bundle Warfare Jungle Heavy and was then throttled for a Near Tomato giveaway.

I like mystery giveaways because I can't keep track of all the horrid junk I own - and with mystery giveaways I don't have to.

Greasemonkey can take care of this hassle for you.

Regginator

20€ for Planescape seems too much, considering the game was given for free and this time there's no new gameplay content...the vanilla game with a couple of mods is visually great, the only thing this EE does apparently is implementing hi-res by default and re-working stuff in the hud (which I found perfectly fine as it is/was).

Also no implementation of the italian translation, it was fan-made, yeah, but it required literally YEARS to be done and it's great, they could implement that in this version, you can't even use the old patch since it won't work in the EE.

When did this happen?

I wanted to get it on GOG next sale, but with the upcoming release of the enhanced edition, I'll probably wait

Durante

are you saying that we all that have problems with Nvidia drivers are at fault or what?
Erm, no I never said anything like that?

What I am saying is that this apparent perception that every other driver release is broken for everyone is completely ridiculous, and that issues caused by driver updates are very much the exception rather than the rule.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When did this happen?

I wanted to get it on GOG next sale, but with the upcoming release of the enhanced edition, I'll probably wait

I think he's confusing it with Neverwinter Nights, which was free for the first 48 hours of last year's Winter Sale.

Tizoc

Plus like two weeks ago there were multiple Niers (and other good games?) hidden in mystery giveaways weren't there? How quickly we forget.

Unless I imagined it.

Considering you want people to GIVE you Nier, you no doubt imagined it. :V

Phinor

Second time, they had a similar stream a week ago and there's an archive right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yerdh3TfZds

I hope they don't mind me saying this but I loved the closed beta. Exactly what I wanted after Wargame series, a similar game but with WW2 and couple of new important features including dynamic front line: http://www.eugensystems.com/steel-division-normandy-44-gameplay-dynamic-front-line/

Such a simple idea (and probably used in some RTS game in the past) but it almost feels like a game changer. This game almost assuredly has a spot in my top 10 of the year and we don't even have a release date yet.

Lain

Asking why they're popular because other methods seem more effective = talking trash?

Also something being "free" doesn't automatically make it good, getting a good game for free is awesome, getting a punch in the face for free, probably less so

Depends on who is delivering that punch imo. For example, JaseC might find a free punch to the face by Saoirse to be quite the bargain just because it is Saoirse, though maybe not.

Wok

First Rain World and now Snake Pass get terrible reviews

Rip

I think Snake Pass reviewers are slackers who got rebutted by the difficulty curve and wrote a quick & dirty review.

Look at the reviewers, honestly. There is none which was among my trusted reviewers:

XhT8aet.png

Plus none reviewed the PC version, mostly PS4.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Monooboe, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Blossom Tales -- MB-000383E464AF2836 - Taken by Rhaknar. 44 entrants total.

t1490807187z1.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp, it seems my #yolo streak will have to continue soon because holy shit at those Persona 5 reviews :eek:

who needs food anywy right?

Ludens

Banned
I think he's confusing it with Neverwinter Nights, which was free for the first 48 hours of last year's Winter Sale.

Oh, you are right. Anyway Planescape was dirty cheap several times, selling it for 20€ in my opinion is wrong. I mean, the game itself is totally worth that amount of money so if you never got it, it's the right time to do that, but if you own the original version, there's pretty much no reason to take the EE, except for achievements if you are into this tunnel.

welp, it seems my #yolo streak will have to continue soon because holy shit at those Persona 5 reviews :eek:

Weren't impressions always positive since the Japanese release? I m glad at times I only game on PC. I spent a lot this month and can only imagine how much more if I owned a console.

Lomax

Resisted buying the Squeenix spring bundle, if it has Just Cause 3 in it I'm gonna be mad at all of you for like a solid 3 minutes and then go back to Atelier Sophie.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Weren't impressions always positive since the Japanese release? I m glad at times I only game on PC. I spent a lot this month and can only imagine how much more if I owned a console.

I know absolutely nothing about the game. Im watching the quicklook now and that shit OOZES style, thats for sure

Phinor

Oh, you are right. Anyway Planescape was dirty cheap several times, selling it for 20€ in my opinion is wrong. I mean, the game itself is totally worth that amount of money so if you never got it, it's the right time to do that, but if you own the original version, there's pretty much no reason to take the EE, except for achievements if you are into this tunnel.

There's also the completely game breaking bugs that can occur, though some people mysteriously avoid them. I don't even remember how but I had to re-build some of the game files using scripts and what not just to not crash in one specific room. Hopefully EE is going to be the hassle-free version of the game with a UI you can actually use with resolutions people have these days.

I think Snake Pass reviewers are slackers who got rebutted by the difficulty curve and wrote a quick & dirty review.

Look at the reviewers, honestly. There is none which was among my trusted reviewers:

XhT8aet.png

Plus none reviewed the PC version, mostly PS4.

Hmm

PC version should be better at 60fps and an actual resolution so that'll help.

Dem Persona 5 reviews. Congrats to Atlus and hoping for one day this will show up on PC. P5 will surely be the global phenomenon they are looking for.

Ludens

Banned
There's also the completely game breaking bugs that can occur, though some people mysteriously avoid them. I don't even remember how but I had to re-build some of the game files using scripts and what not just to not crash in one specific room. Hopefully EE is going to be the hassle-free version of the game with a UI you can actually use with resolutions people have these days.

Dunno, played it several times and I had no problems on finishing it clearing also the sides.

Tizoc

Do it. Then post here. I'm 100% confident you will say positive things about the game. Just do not expect a kid game.

I suspect it'll be a slow paced game which I don't mind much :p

It occured to me that due to my slow ass progression through my PS4 backlog, I won't be grabbing Persona 5 day 1. I'ma put my money towards BotW Wii U and play that baby on CEMU.

http://i.imgur.com/XhT8aet.png[/IG]

Plus none reviewed the PC version, mostly PS4.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...Interesting. Well, I just got a review code (Xbox One version), so I'll have to see where I stand on this game.

By the way, it's great to see all of the [I]Blossom Tales[/I] giveaways. It's a very nice game, fantastic controls and mechanics.
Full review - [url]http://www.cubed3.com/review/3675/1/blossom-tales-the-sleeping-king-pc.html[/url] (Already posted less than two weeks ago but eh...)

Oh and for anyone who might be interested (due to the current Playism sale), [I]Artifact Adventure[/I] is quite good as well - [url]http://www.cubed3.com/review/3714/1/artifact-adventure-pc.html[/url]

Kudo

Just when I thought gaming couldn't get any better here comes Atlus and unleashes Persona 5. I expected it to review well but 94?
Goddamn I'm hyped to heavens now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom