• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Just look at Atelier Firis numbers, Persona 5 would bomb hard on PC
ATLUS knows what's best for them
I mean, given that it's Atlus I guess it's not out of the question that they would self-sabotage with a terrible PC port, like K-T did with Firis.

Anyway, I'm curious whether Persona 5 is another Persona 4 case (a very highly rated game I found mechanically shallow, repetitive, and badly paced) or not. But not curious enough to get it.

gngf123

Anyway, I'm curious whether Persona 5 is another Persona 4 case (a very highly rated game I found mechanically shallow, repetitive, and badly paced) or not. But not curious enough to get it.

That's exactly how I feel about Persona 4 too, and why I am struggling to trust the reviews for P5.

I guess the move away from randomly generated dungeons is a start, though.

Kaleinc

Banned
phnzCzj.png

Some things never change.

BasilZero

welp, it seems my #yolo streak will have to continue soon because holy shit at those Persona 5 reviews :eek:

who needs food anywy right?

Still playing ffxv and Zelda botw

Also got mass effect 3 and disgaea PC

Got persona 5 ordered and preordered ffxii HD remaster. 2017 is goat year for me.

Shahadan

Fortunately Nier Automata killed gaming for me right now so I'm going to be rich.
And maybe finally fat.

Edit: Well fuck, I have to buy the OST so not today foie gras, not today

Momentary

Banned
Fortunately Nier Automata killed gaming for me right now so I'm going to be rich.
And maybe finally fat.

Edit: Well fuck, I have to buy the OST so not today foie gras, not today

Can the OST be bought digitally anywhere? I would love to listen to a high quality version of it for the ride back home today.

Tizoc

Capcom released some games on PSN and XBL but not on Steam/PC such as Commandos 3, a 194X game and published one game called 'World Gone Sour'.
Any chance these could released on Steam as a bundle? Would be a shame to leave them lingering on older platforms :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Capcom released some games on PSN and XBL but not on Steam/PC such as Commandos 3, a 194X game and published one game called 'World Gone Sour'.
Any chance these could released on Steam as a bundle? Would be a shame to leave them lingering on older platforms :/

or, you know... Street Fighter 3 >_>

prudislav

Some great update for We Happy Few's early access
We Happy Few - The Maidenholm Update details

Major Changes
  • 01- New island! The long-awaited second island of the Village of Hamlyn has arrived: Maidenholm. (”Holm" is an old British word for an island in a river, by the way.) Read the in-game newspaper for more information.
  • 02- Playstyles have arrived! When starting a new game, players can now choose the Birdwatcher, Downer or Vigilante Playstyles. While these settings affect difficulty, they vary gameplay more significantly. This is a first pass implementation and will evolve over time:
    • Birdwatcher: No hunger/thirst, game pauses in the menu, items are instantly equip, NPCs are easier to kill and aren't as bloodthirsty, more resources (only partially integrated; more to come on this). Designed for more casual players.
    • Downer: Hunger/thirst at normal levels, game does not pause in menu but items will instantly equip, normal resources/NPC threat.
    • Vigilante: Hunger/thirst intense, game does not pause in the inventory or shops, delay on equip, more dangerous NPCs. Designed for the masochists among you.
  • - Permadeath remains available as an option for all three playstyles.[
  • - Procedural music has been implemented. The in-game music has been redone, allowing for better blending and more variation and combinations across the various states of the game (suspicion, combat, Joy/non Joy, etc).
  • 03- World Generation The long-awaited second island of the Village of Hamlyn has arrived: Maidenholm. (”Holm" is an old British word for an island in a river, by the way.) Read the in-game newspaper for more information.
    - Support for regions in the Garden District has been added. Regions such as hamlets, forests, meadows, etc will be dotted around the place, as opposed to the island consisting of just one big town. Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress. It is a little empty for now, but this will change.
    • - As a result, Garden District 1 island is now unintentionally shaped like a dick 70% of the time. That's what Matt says, anyway.
    • - Scavenger cars should no longer spawn very close to one another.
    • - Bridges have been refactored to require you to ”open" the gate to go through to the next island. This helps us control the loading experience a bit better.
    • - A number of generation bugs have been fixed, so there should be fewer instances of filler buildings overlapping with encounters or interactive houses. Having said that, with the new region system, we expect a bunch of visible bugs to exist (although these shouldn't affect gameplay or block your progress).

rest in the video or on the website
http://compulsiongames.com/en/news/116/the-maidenholm-update

Extremely. 200k is the same amount it sold in Japan on its first week of release on PS4.
I would go so far as to say that this is one of Square's highest selling Japanese titles on PC ever. Automata currently has higher sales than many FF games that have been on Steam for over a year (and also has significantly higher PC sales than I Am Setsuna)

Also if it means anything, while these titles are much, MUCH lower budget, their sales should tell you that niche Japanese games don't always need to sell a lot to be considered a success:
http://inticreates.com/galgun-double-peace-sells-100000-copies/
http://gematsu.com/2017/02/stranger...oming-north-america-digital-title-february-28
And keep in mind that these are TOTAL sales rather than specifically PC sales.

Oh wow then never mind, good on Square. It just seemed like a really low number to me.

I couldn't care less about Persona 5. Shin Megami Tensei 5 on the other hand... and it's Unreal Engine 4. What will be Atlus' excuse to skip PC this time ? :")

Knurek

I couldn't care less about Persona 5. Shin Megami Tensei 5 on the other hand... and it's Unreal Engine 4. What will be Atlus' excuse to skip PC this time ? :")

"PC is a disgusting platform full of eroge and kaizoku and we don't want to associate with this crap."

Anno

Pretty sure I first heard about Grimoire in middle school and I'm now 32. Crazy if it ever actually pops up somewhere as a completed thing.

Aaron D.

Persona 5 is looking very good. I can't believe I'm going to buy a big release on my PS3 in 2017.

LOL. Same here.

My poor 360 & PS3 combo have been sitting under my TV untouched for years now. I've been strictly PC/iOS gaming since maybe 2012 or so?

Wonder if P5 will finally be the game that gets me to fire up a game console in the modern era. :p

LOL. Same here.

My poor 360 & PS3 combo have been sitting under my TV untouched for years now. I've been strictly PC/iOS gaming since maybe 2012 or so?

Wonder if P5 will finally be the game that gets me to fire up a game console in the modern era. :p

Buying big releases on Wii U and PS3 in the span on a month. Good times.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The most recent one. As, basically, always except for one or two quickly fixed releases on specific configurations over the past 2 years.

I usually update my drivers to the latest within days of the release, and do so by simply running the auto-installer (I haven't done a single so-called "clean install" since installing my OS), and I have had exactly one driver-version-related issue over the past 2 years. (And that one was in a specific nonstandard VR configuration)
Ah I see. I was just overwhelmed with posts about drivers breaking the gpu

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Alien Soldier -- MB-D57EB80C8B25A9CB - Taken by KainXVIII
Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology -- MB-77989DA0D7B43175 - Taken by anastef
Elements: Soul of Fire -- MB-12C6074C32C538E3 - Taken by Belgarion
Freebie -- MB-444EB28BD31336E6 - Taken by Ventilaator
Golden Axe II -- MB-4F1F9CFBCD2FA4B1 - Taken by Vuze
Gunstar Heroes -- MB-3C0B19D9B32C5250 - Taken by Vuze
Lovely Planet -- MB-58FB295E24110BBD - Taken by Professor Lexicovermis
Potatoman Seeks the Troof -- MB-36CD2F7EE60CDDC3 - Taken by voodooray
Shining Force -- MB-B055AFEAFAD8A041 - Taken by Ventilaator
Violett Remastered -- MB-22A47D67E24A1C9B - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat

prudislav

What is the consensus on this game, anyways? I recall seeing some vids before release and it looked pretty neat (at least the art style), but I haven't kept up with it at all.
lot of people hate it in its pre-Maidenhlm update state ... but a lot of complaints is now in a way solved with the new playstylesthings if they ballance it right til v1.0 .... about the rest of the game i guess its no point of judging as currently game only contains survival mode and story mode will be added with v1.0 (and story mode parts seems to be what people loved at the xbox conference gameplay)

xBladeM6x

Random question, but I bought a game as a gift, and is sitting in my inventory. How do I refund it? Add to library then request refund?

lot of people hate it in its pre-Maidenhlm update state ... but a lot of complaints is now in a way solved with the new playstylesthings if they ballance it right til v1.0 .... about the rest of the game i guess its no point of judging as currently game only contains survival mode and story mode will be added with v1.0 (and story mode parts seems to be what people loved at the xbox conference gameplay)

Ah. Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait until v1.0 is released then. :) Not like I don't have so many other damn games to play already.

Knurek

Ready for some Witcher (what are essential mods? Is there DS4 support with playstation button prompts? Or better with KB/M?)

It's a dialogue heavy game, so anything with a proper dpad (KB, DS4, etc) should do fine.
The game has native support for DS4, with lightbar and button prompts, but personally I always used DS4Windows with magic set-up as button macros and lightbar disabled for that 10-15% more of battery life.
Up to you, though, great game provided your PC can run it properly, especially now that it has been patched up to the wazoo.

Aaron D.

Ready for some Witcher (what are essential mods? Is there DS4 support with playstation button prompts? Or better with KB/M?)

qZ6OjfP.jpg

I just fired up W3 for the first time last night, thanks to the GOTY edition sale.

The only mod I want at this point is one that removes the "Talk to:" icon bubble that shows up over NPC's heads. It's hella-distracting for a game that's so gorgeous otherwise.

Seems like there's a lot of HUD options available, I just can't find one to turn off the Speech-bubble icon (though there oddly is one to turn off NPC's names that float over their head). Strange.

K/M is fine, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom