• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't even get Atlus to re-release P3 and 4 so I doubt we will see 5 on steam anytime soon.
Why re release P3 and P4 when they can milk P5 dry with P5 crimson, P5 Arena, P5 driving all night, Persona Q2, P5 Dancing all day, P5 musou, P5/P4 crossover game and other games that will make you want P6 to come out.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AI: Rampage -- MB-E2C6902611C4D70C
Atonement: Scourge of Time -- MB-AE0F258150082AA5
Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology -- MB-7BE7EC7FE7545905 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
Blitzkrieg Anthology -- MB-FFB5528CBE045A4A - Taken by PaulSane. 2 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor Stunts -- MB-AB41A540FF887287 - Taken by fuzzy123. 5 entrants total.
Broken Dreams -- MB-A7ED08D4812CCD16 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Choice Chamber -- MB-25CCD109B1A554B6 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
City of Chains -- MB-DB456DD2A44DAECF - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink -- MB-38E468817B0FA10C - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Crash And Burn Racing -- MB-032F1855E99F8821 - Taken by Powerpuff. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Corruption -- MB-B2EC68AF107B643A
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-7DAAE21855089D3D
Data Hacker: Reboot -- MB-D75AA56B53617792 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Dead6hot -- MB-C3978C68F02B5F3E
Dungeon of Zolthan -- MB-E35DD75C529606C6
Elements II: Hearts of Light -- MB-791FEB9627C5C157 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Elements: Soul of Fire -- MB-9B7378196B95A5E2
Fergus The Fly -- MB-32EDF044C6524CDA
Green Game: TimeSwapper -- MB-4F50D13216D2CB62 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-81F3DFC08E16290B - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-4629360F2816C362 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Victoria -- MB-9B06AD6C5142FC7C
Hero Quest: Tower Conflict -- MB-43C220F313340A0D - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Incitement 3 -- MB-5863086860A5846D
Insincere -- MB-7EC2422FF06A9299
Invasion: Brain Craving -- MB-3158B5FA1003265D
Jumping Tank -- MB-B3432B934C22D149 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Outrage -- MB-F9FB94B8B79F8180
Project Starship -- MB-EAFB477AAE0FD4BE - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.
PulseCharge -- MB-B04B3DDCA5A87213

Purgatory -- MB-CE839F8DBE6DD294
State of Anarchy -- MB-E3B7F7683E882B7B
The Albatross -- MB-699EEF04DD96C599 - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times -- MB-B17CA4D73D7BB75A - Taken by Eila. 4 entrants total.
The Space Garden -- MB-AF9261D3EA13FE9F - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Vampire Legends: The True Story of Kisilova -- MB-F9E425887826452A - Taken by sadblob. 3 entrants total.

t1490835115z1.png

FTFY
Fair question - what's coming sooner on Steam. Final Fantasy XII HD or Persona 5?

Atlus/SegaJP games on Steam is a ship that sailed long ago. I suspect Yakuza 0 aint happening either.

It's not happening and may not happen in this decade.

FFXII HD is a given though.

Wok

What if the next Humble Monthly bundle features a demo for A Hat in Time?

Clues:
  • the game should be released this year,
  • the game is being published by Humble Bundle,
  • the demo exists and is behind a paywall under the name "beta".

game_progress_2016.png

Games published by Humble Bundle:
BKTSJtq.png

Dancing all Night and Arena were ace tho, especialy the music remixes

Yes they were. Still pull out my vita to try and finish some songs on all night mode. Arena was always in rotation to play in our college game room. Kinda fell of though and I still need to master Labrys :/ I hope when the inevitable persona 5 arena game comes out arcsys can convince Atlus to release it on steam.

FLD

Dancing all Night and Arena were ace tho, especialy the music remixes

Eh, Arena sure but I made the mistake of playing the first Project Diva f game in anticipation of P4 DAN and it ended up feeling pretty meh by comparison. The music was great but it was just kinda boring to play. I played through the story mode and never felt like firing it up again.

oni-link

Who are the best curators on Steam?

There are a few GAF ones but they never seem to be updated, is this just am underused feature in general?

Corpekata

Banned
That review makes it seem like Beat Cop is essentially This is the Police on a micro scale.

Basically a shitty sim with corny and "edgy" attempts at being a dirty cop story that don't really work.

Why's it so hard to make a decent police game?

What's wrong with John Wick?

Nothing at all. Just a man with his doge...

Well while Switch owners are enjoying Shovel Knight's latest DLC, other SK platform owners won't have to wait long. Specter of Torment is coming out April 5th on PC.

Thanks to lashy for spotting this.

Granjinha

John Walker is a really bad reviewer. I still remember about him complaining a lot about HLD beucase of it's difficulty when the game's was completely balanced.

Not that Beat Cop is any good (haven't played it), but in general i heavily disagree with his opinions. I still remember that childish article (or banter on twitter) about Broken Age Act 2 where in sum he said "Everyone's wrong for liking this you don't know anything about design boooooo hoooooo!"

data

Nothing at all. Just a man with his doge...

Well while Switch owners are enjoying Shovel Knight's latest DLC, other SK platform owners won't have to wait long. Specter of Torment is coming out April 5th on PC.

Thanks to lashy for spotting this.

Switch not only gets Stardew Valley MP early, but also Shovel Knight DLC? Sigh.

Arulan

I just wish BB used something other than a mutant chess aesthetic. It is my kryptonite.

The last game I recall repulsing me (visually) so much was Binding of Isaac. But it isn't a delicious turn-based roguelike, which now complicates things...

DEV BLOG #5 CONCEPT ART – EXPLAINING BATTLE BROTHERS’ CHARACTER ART STYLE

We started development with full body figures painted and animated in Flash. But we soon discovered this would be way too much work for all the assets we needed, being that we are a team of just three people (only one of which is an artist!) and some of us are working a fulltime office job on the side. Not only would we have needed each character drawn in several directions, it was important to us also that the player could see all equipped gear on the characters. The exact helmet, shield, weapon, armor. This would have multiplied the workload immensely. You can see a mockup of a very early version below with the full body characters. Note that at this point we still had square fields instead of hexes.

I'm sure most people would prefer full-bodies, but the amount of detail they managed to put into the art is great. A missed arrow actually lands on a tile. Broken shields can be seen as they get thrown onto an adjacent tile. And the characters themselves I think are nicely detailed.

store_header_3.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 36 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AI: Rampage -- MB-E2C6902611C4D70C
Atonement: Scourge of Time -- MB-AE0F258150082AA5
Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology -- MB-7BE7EC7FE7545905 - Taken by data. 1 entrants total.
Blitzkrieg Anthology -- MB-FFB5528CBE045A4A - Taken by PaulSane. 2 entrants total.
Bridge Constructor Stunts -- MB-AB41A540FF887287 - Taken by fuzzy123. 5 entrants total.
Broken Dreams -- MB-A7ED08D4812CCD16 - Taken by Abomination. 1 entrants total.
Choice Chamber -- MB-25CCD109B1A554B6 - Taken by bobnowhere. 1 entrants total.
City of Chains -- MB-DB456DD2A44DAECF - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink -- MB-38E468817B0FA10C - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
Crash And Burn Racing -- MB-032F1855E99F8821 - Taken by Powerpuff. 1 entrants total.
Data Hacker: Corruption -- MB-B2EC68AF107B643A
Data Hacker: Initiation -- MB-7DAAE21855089D3D
Data Hacker: Reboot -- MB-D75AA56B53617792 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.
Dead6hot -- MB-C3978C68F02B5F3E
Dungeon of Zolthan -- MB-E35DD75C529606C6
Elements II: Hearts of Light -- MB-791FEB9627C5C157 - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Elements: Soul of Fire -- MB-9B7378196B95A5E2
Fergus The Fly -- MB-32EDF044C6524CDA
Green Game: TimeSwapper -- MB-4F50D13216D2CB62 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan -- MB-81F3DFC08E16290B - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride -- MB-4629360F2816C362 - Taken by boybrushdRED. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Victoria -- MB-9B06AD6C5142FC7C
Hero Quest: Tower Conflict -- MB-43C220F313340A0D - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Incitement 3 -- MB-5863086860A5846D
Insincere -- MB-7EC2422FF06A9299
Invasion: Brain Craving -- MB-3158B5FA1003265D
Jumping Tank -- MB-B3432B934C22D149 - Taken by electroflame. 1 entrants total.
Outrage -- MB-F9FB94B8B79F8180
Project Starship -- MB-EAFB477AAE0FD4BE - Taken by Hakkelus. 1 entrants total.

PulseCharge -- MB-B04B3DDCA5A87213
Purgatory -- MB-CE839F8DBE6DD294
State of Anarchy -- MB-E3B7F7683E882B7B
The Albatross -- MB-699EEF04DD96C599 - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times -- MB-B17CA4D73D7BB75A - Taken by Eila. 4 entrants total.
The Space Garden -- MB-AF9261D3EA13FE9F - Taken by darkchewie. 2 entrants total.
Vampire Legends: The True Story of Kisilova -- MB-F9E425887826452A - Taken by sadblob. 3 entrants total.

t1490835115z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Why can you preorder some games, but not others? (Thimbleweed Park)

Offering a pre-order is up to the developer/publisher and Valve actually recommends against pre-order periods for games not backed by marketing campaigns as sales may drop off before release, in which case they're unlikely to appear as a Popular New Release/Top Seller once available.

DEV BLOG #5 CONCEPT ART – EXPLAINING BATTLE BROTHERS’ CHARACTER ART STYLE

I'm sure most people would prefer full-bodies, but the amount of detail they managed to put into the art is great. A missed arrow actually lands on a tile. Broken shields can be seen as they get thrown onto an adjacent tile. And the characters themselves I think are nicely detailed.

store_header_3.png

I mean, it makes a lot of sense but I still think it's ghastly. It wouldn't bother me so much if the battlemap was larger-scale or more abstracted, but as is it's just mutant chess.

Crusader Kings 2 uses a similar system, but in a way I prefer. As in, for character portraits rather than actual units. Feels better somehow.

Guess I've joined the "I've finished Nier" party, got all the main endings afaik (A to E).
I'll be honest, I'm left with "Did I just miss something?". I think I have all the answers if I think about it, but I don't know, I feel like the first Nier ending(s) was different. I need to process

JustinBB7

Guess I've joined the "I've finished Nier" party, got all the main endings afaik (A to E).
I'll be honest, I'm left with "Did I just miss something?". I think I have all the answers if I think about it, but I don't know, I feel like the first Nier ending(s) was different. I need to process

I'm near the end of route B, done every side quest so far. Didn't finish the collectathon you have to enter at Pascal yet because I can't yet I think. But I'm around 75% completion now. How long is route C (+D/E I guess) after that? B was already a lot faster but clearing up the new side quests also took a while, and I kinda wanna be done with it.

Love the game but it's just fetch quest after fetch quest. And not a lot of enemy variety. Which makes it kind of a chore if you already "beat" the game (done route A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom