• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

if anybody is willing to convince me to watch some anime, I'm all ears, mostly interested in sci-fi and mecha, no goofy stuff, no fansiervise, or as little as possible, interesting story, good animation.
I glanced at it but it seems nothing I'd want, still not sure

I was talking more about the games, but if it's anime you want, you can't go wrong with GitS SAC 2nd GiG.

Dinjoralo

Yay, Destiny 2 on PC!

I'll wait for the reviews because I remember everyone calling Destiny a massive disappointment until the expansions gave it a decent amount of content.

It's sold for less than 2 cents a key on Russian key sites tho.
That's what I'm talking about. Devs selling those keys dirty cheap because they perfectly knows what people will do with those keys. There is actually dozens russian sites that selling steam keys for 2-3 cents, and everyone in russia knows why they selling them - to farm cards in huge margins. Those games basically called "food for bots" here, and i personally know farmers with hundreds alt accounts who getting new AAA releases by selling cards from such games. Source - I live in CIS region and know russian, and i know where to look for this stuff.

[Steam Store] Removed Game: Drudes Sandstorm - http://store.steampowered.com/app/606750/ - http://steamdb.info/app/606750/

Who's surprised?
Not surprised at all, because this is actually one of those "food for bots" game and it's still selling on russian keys sites.

Tonton

but Capcom has nothing to do with it...

if anybody is willing to convince me to watch some anime, I'm all ears, mostly interested in sci-fi and mecha, no goofy stuff, no fansiervise, or as little as possible, interesting story, good animation.
I glanced at it but it seems nothing I'd want, still not sure

also how's steam movie streaming quality?
Don't you like Neptunia

None of these are Mecha or sci-fi but I'd still recommend Mob Psycho, Orange maybe Re:Zero

Nzyme32

Last I checked - using the Mad Max test (which you should try since it is free) - it's really good, but was buggy at the time (when they first put Mad Max Fury Road on Steam, the first movie on Steam back in 2014 I think...).

Bit rate was massively better than what I've seen on other services (namely netflix, youtube) - but that may have changed since it was a long time back

Nzyme32

PC_Box_Art_ENG.png

Almost missed this. Trailer was a whole lot of nothing and crap humour, so not a good start imo.

Also I have the power of the Obeah. Destiny to be Twitch exclusive. Steam gonna condense in a gutter

Can you guys recommend any of the anime series published today, other than ghost in the shell?

Death Note and Cowboy Bebop. The first two anime things I watched properly and enjoyed.

Not really tried much else than those, ghost in the shell, myazaki films etc, none of which are series.

Gonna try a few via netflix soon

Arthea

Don't you like Neptunia

None of these are Mecha or sci-fi but I'd still recommend Mob Psycho, Orange maybe Re:Zero

Nep has good and fun games, I wouldn't watch it, so it's not related in any way!

IDK, of those thee maybe Orange, at least that one has an interesting premise, Doesn't look all that good, though.
thanks for suggestions, anyway
I'll wait till more stuff is released, maybe something relevant to my interests.

[Steam Store] Removed Game: Drudes Sandstorm - http://store.steampowered.com/app/606750/ - http://steamdb.info/app/606750/

Who's surprised?
I just discovered that cards from this game are still available to purchase. This game was never free, on sale or in bundles, but still there is already almost 200 listings of one card. I can continue to give you proofs that there is huge farming industry on Steam where it's not important to have playable game to become profitable, but i hope i already gave you enough info to think about bad sides of Greenlight. This system was not perfect and easily abused for years, and it's good that Valve is finally changing it, hopefully for something better. Curation is bad, but no curation at all is bad too, Valve needs to find compromise and stop flood of games that not even supposed to be played.

Lomax

That's exactly what I'm trying to explain here
with my terrible english
, but some people here are trying to say that developers who publishing bad games on Steam are relied only on game sales and not cards sales. People are mostly buying those games not to play them either, but just farm those cards and sell them. What so unbelievable in my statement, that some devs are creating games only to get new app id and give it to cards farmers?

I already gave you example of game that have around 60-70k owners according to SteamSpy but never was in bundles or had a major sale. I can't give you correct cards sales since median sales are worthless and doesn't show real picture, only Valve and those devs knows real sales figures but obviously they are not willing to share them with others. The only way to see something close to real sales figures is by clicking on this card in your steam inventory, for example this card was sold 411 times in last 24 hours. This is just one card in one day, and it was selling like this for months, and there is 5 cards in set. As i said before, maybe 500$ for you is "hardly breaking the bank", but for RU/CIS region this is huge money, people here have 100-200$ monthly wages. But of course ignorance is bliss, you can "guarantee" whatever you want but you are not developer and know nothing about real situation.

Well, we have developers on here talk about how little they make on cards, so yes, we have some idea of the real situation. That said, seeing 411 sales in 24 hours of that card is higher volume than I have seen in other instances. And if they can eek out a couple hundred dollars a month doing that, good for them, and I'm sure what additional money they get from bundles and bulk sales to places like IndieGala supplements it as well. It's not like it hurts anyone, I paid for all my stuff on steam for several years with nothing but card profits.

Seeing those card numbers does change my opinion a bit because I've seen plenty of cards that don't sell more than a few dozen a month. 100k free keys doesn't mean 100k badges made and I think a lot of people making the point you are act like it does. So thanks for providing some real data instead of just the hyperbole I typically see.

I just discovered that cards from this game are still available to purchase. This game was never free, on sale or in bundles, but still there is already almost 200 listings of one card. I can continue to give you proofs that there is huge farming industry on Steam where it's not important to have playable game to become profitable, but i hope i already gave you enough info to think about bad sides of Greenlight. This system was not perfect and easily abused for years, and it's good that Valve is finally changing it, hopefully for something better. Curation is bad, but no curation at all is bad too, Valve needs to find compromise and stop flood of games that not even supposed to be played.

I disagree it's a problem, the only "victims" are people who pay full price on steam and they can just get refunds.

zebez

I disagree it's a problem, the only "victims" are people who pay full price on steam and they can just get refunds.

I agree. But steam should advertise their refund policy more. And a increase to the 2h playtime limit might be justified. Otherwise you have only yourself to blame.

MUnited83

For you.

OH SHIT i thought this had turned into vaporware

Almost missed this. Trailer was a whole lot of nothing and crap humour, so not a good start imo.

Also I have the power of the Obeah. Destiny to be Twitch exclusive. Steam gonna condense in a gutter

Death Note and Cowboy Bebop. The first two anime things I watched properly and enjoyed.

Not really tried much else than those, ghost in the shell, myazaki films etc, none of which are series.

Gonna try a few via netflix soon
I mean the ones that got published on Steam today. Unless I missed something Death Note and Cowboy Bebop aren't there... which is a shame, because the money would fly out of my wallet if i could get Cowboy Bebop on steam

Dinjoralo

Destiny definitely seems like the kind of game that would go for it's own launcher to avoid paying any royalties to steam. :p

Also wow so much anime. And this puts Xrd Revelator at an actually decent price, too.

Tonton

Destiny definitely seems like the kind of game that would go for it's own launcher to avoid paying any royalties to steam. :p

Also wow so much anime. And this puts Xrd Revelator at an actually decent price, too.
I'm thinking of just waiting for Rev 2
I think that's $40 standalone on consoles

yuraya

The great thing about a Destiny 2 is that it won't be held back by toaster tech known as PS3 and Xbox 360. Lets see what Bungie can actually do now that they enter a new generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom