• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

BmkeLEy.png

All for 80 bucks~

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

ANIMALITY -- MB-DBE5B032BF235FCA - Taken by InquisitorAles
Atriage -- MB-805B848727F65B48 - Taken by Purkake4
Black Swan -- MB-A2C0D3109029DE76 - Taken by Eila
Crab Dub -- MB-3ABDAFF8BBD90D9C - Taken by Megauap
Energy Cycle Collector's Edition -- MB-B6BEA3585D930145 - Taken by krczt23
Escape from Nazi Labs -- MB-CEFE3F28B5142D20 - Taken by fuzzy123
Faron's Fate -- MB-3A5F5FD486703AF1 - Taken by zebez
Fergus the Fly -- MB-3990CE4B97B17B1F - Taken by krczt23
Gravity Error -- MB-D067274482543689 - Taken by krczt23
Illumine -- MB-FFC9906853881037 - Taken by Mavromatis
InterLOGIC -- MB-E19AB4E4F874663B - Taken by sadblob
Kingdom of Aurelia: Mystery of the Poisoned Dagger -- MB-E7BDAF758AF5B1C0 - Taken by krczt23
MinosMaze: The Minotaur's Labyrinth -- MB-D5F57E1CF60E7936 - Taken by gurm3n
Mouse in Lab -- MB-6CA37CC10664D18D - Taken by zebez
Mystic Diary: Quest for Lost Brother -- MB-36D36DEFAD4FF1DD - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Rebirth of Island -- MB-02BBB0D22551F6EA - Taken by darkchewie
Rest House -- MB-2C539D8A009ABCCF - Taken by rainking187
Soup: The Game -- MB-C18E6200EC99218B - Taken by Kifimbo
Taken Souls: Blood Ritual Collector's Edition -- MB-9F49942C0D8FD703 - Taken by krczt23
The Lords of the Earth Flame -- MB-1B93DDE5BBC794EF - Taken by krczt23
Timore 5 -- MB-88941D28EAF89650 - Taken by FeedMeAStrayCat
Timore Inferno -- MB-91AF19107F8E11E4 - Taken by Miniboss
Trump Simulator 2017 -- MB-2611B1C001E1D0C2 - Taken by dave is ok
Xbird -- MB-8DD86FB6F4B0B0F7 - Taken by voodooray

Ray Gigant is only 5.59€ (-80%), how is it?

Good dungeon crawler?

Its too easy. I enjoyed the Story, but the game is really more of a mixture between Visual Novel and dungeon crawler. Its not bad.

Just too easy. You can learn cooking skills, that can heal you every round, so dying is actually a challenge.

Corpekata

Banned
Ray Gigant is just really really bland. Battle system is too simple, the whole level up mechanics make it so exploration feels lame (developers, nobody likes only finding resources in their genres that typically have cool loot to find), and the story flip flopping around means it takes a while to get invested in party members.

Story is...okay?

Accoun

Sooo... that 3 hours long Fallout 4 review finally made me buy New Vegas even though I don't care that much about Bethesda's game template (maybe Obsidian are going to make like it regardless).

The thing is: I've bought the Ultimate Edition. It apparently includes pre-order DLC which is OP at the start. Which pieces of DLC are they so that I can disable them? Just the ones with "Pack" in name (like CaravanPack)?

Wok

I usually "follow" apps to learn about game updates, but everything is mentioned on one page already: this has to be the most useful page on Steam for me.

Ascheroth

Good dungeon crawler?
I tried it out and I found the story to be bland and boring, and it takes way too long until you can actually do something.
Can't say much about the gameplay because I'm not well versed in DRPGs, but it didn't strike me as great.
Animations and music were nice though.

Ladekabel

Is Montaro a good runner or is it major selling point memes? Looking for a runner to play during boring lectures. TurboPug didn't scratch the itch and I don't know if I could play the BitTrip Runners without music.

madjoki

I just discovered that cards from this game are still available to purchase. This game was never free, on sale or in bundles, but still there is already almost 200 listings of one card. I can continue to give you proofs that there is huge farming industry on Steam where it's not important to have playable game to become profitable, but i hope i already gave you enough info to think about bad sides of Greenlight. This system was not perfect and easily abused for years, and it's good that Valve is finally changing it, hopefully for something better. Curation is bad, but no curation at all is bad too, Valve needs to find compromise and stop flood of games that not even supposed to be played.

Yes, I known exactly what reasons games are sold for.

PaulSane

Good dungeon crawler?

I'm actually playing it at the moment. It is indeed a much easier game than Stranger of Sword City, both in terms of difficulty and mechanics. I'm not very far into it though, so can't really comment on the story yet. I like this genre of games, so i'm having a good time despite the lack of challenge. At the same time, i found Stranger of Sword City a bit too difficult for my tastes - mostly because combat is heavily RNG-based, which means it's sometimes out of your control whether you win or lose a battle.
I would say it's worth it at that price.

Aaron D.

Human Resource Machine is seriously just easy mode TIS-100. It's kind of neat.

It really helps that Tomorrow Corps.' art and animation teams are so talented. Their games are so freakin' charming.

HRM also plays like a dream on iPhone Plus models. It's an awesome portable experience.

Grief.exe

No mention of Steam on the Destiny 2 preorder page at GameStop

Minimum 68 GB available hard drive storage space required as of September 2017. Storage requirements subject to increase. After September 2017, visit www.destinythegame.com/size-requirements for current requirements prior to purchase. May require additional storage for set-up, features and updates, including to download mandatory in-game updates to continue playing. Users responsible for fees for broadband internet, which is required. Additional charges may apply for online content and features.
Significant elements and functionality may require subscription for applicable platform, sold separately. See www.destinythegame.com for details. Terms and conditions apply.
© 2017 Bungie, Inc. All rights reserved. Destiny, the Destiny Logo, Bungie and the Bungie Logo are among the trademarks of Bungie, Inc. Published and distributed by Activision. Activision is a registered trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc. Activision makes no guarantee regarding the availability of online play or features, and may modify or discontinue online services at its discretion without notice at any time. Using the software constitutes acceptance of the Destiny Software License Agreement available at http://support.activision.com/license and the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy available at http://www.bungie.net/eula. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners.

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Lanrutcon

I think both are really different when it comes to difficulty. Stranger of Sword City is far too hard imo, Ray Gigant too easy.

I found Sword City to be super easy. Hard part was sitting down and designing a few leveling paths for your characters that didn't gimp your crew early, but still builds them properly.

Then you just grind. Mid-game you unlock the stupidly good grinding spots (hello butterflies) and it's pretty much over. Post game gave me issues in one fight because I misread a party buff. The game is stupidly forgiving when you realise you can stack buffs on your party to make them virtually unhittable and combine that with Knight/Cleric/Fighter passives to make them immune to almost anything.

So it's really just comes down to party design, basically.

Atlus disabling PS4 share functions in Persona 5 is one of the most ridiculous shit I've read this year. No wonder they not going to release it on Steam, those damn gaijins will take screenshots and stream their precious game, unacceptable!

data

Atlus disabling PS4 share functions in Persona 5 is one of the most ridiculous shit I've read this year. No wonder they not going to release it on Steam, those damn gaijins will take screenshots and stream their precious game, unacceptable!

it's also disabled in the japanese version so that gaijin remark doesn't work

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
playing Toukiden I can totally see the appeal of these types of games (ib4 its not really like MH yadda yadda), does God Eater also work with a "posse" system in single player?

As in, you roll around with a team and not necessarely on your own? What about MH?

Im talking strictly single player, MP obviously you would be with a posse.

Ascheroth

Don't worry, Persona 5 can already reach 30 fps sometimes in battles and dungeons on the PS3 emulator (last month it run at single digits).

playing Toukiden I can totally see the appeal of these types of games (ib4 its not really like MH yadda yadda), does God Eater also work with a "posse" system in single player?

As in, you roll around with a team and not necessarely on your own? What about MH?

MH has cats that you can take with you. Dunno about God Eater cuz it's whack.

Annubis

It's a good thing I barely have time to stop and actually think about it, otherwise the P5 hype would make my fucking head explode.

Persona fooled me too many times. I'm waiting for the next version so I don't get suckered into buying it three times.
Two is enough.

yea you get a squad in it too. if memory serves right as you continue the story you get even more people to choose from

Ascheroth

Yes, God Eater has up to 3 AI members (their skillset and basic AI behaviour is actually based on their personalities) joining you in single player. Story missions usually have a few fixed members. You can even learn and equip them skills.
Rage Burst also has character episodes for them, which progress their individual storylines, giving them access to new skils or even change their AI behaviour.
Their equipment also visually upgrades everytime you advance a mission rank. And costumes, they have costumes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes, God Eater has up to 3 AI members (their skillset and basic AI behaviour is actually based on their personalities) joining you in single player. Story missions usually have a few fixed members. You can even learn and equip them skills.
Rage Burst also has character episodes for them, which progress their individual storylines, giving them access to new skils or even change their AI behaviour.
Their equipment also visually upgrades everytime you advance a mission rank. And costumes, they have costumes.

thats cool, I like that. It gets clusterfuck-y (well it does in Toukiden) but in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom