• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonton

Wtf I was checking this anime weekend sale and some of the actual anime is available for me wow nice

There's Re:Zero, Orange and Mob niice
--

Oddly feeling the Destiny 2 hype just from reading about it on GAF even though I'm not much into shooters or multiplayer games

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Nitroplus Blasterz Heroines Infinite Duel is NOT on sale.

latest

Whats more anime than this?

animu hype
ss_6f191b2cba3b23151c0657d824db6df9efb7cebd.jpg

It's Sesshomaru from Inuyasha! And he's now on Steam! Huzzah!

...Although I must admit, I've never seen the appeal of videos on Steam.

Shantom

Mob Psycho is just £3.24 for the entire season. Had to buy it at that price.

There's some good deals for games too, with Blazblue Chronophantasma and Phantom Brave both hitting all time lows. Edit: Root Double is 72% off, and is an excellent VN.

Tonton

I'm surprised by the prices tbh, 5-10€ for entire seasons is pretty cheap.
Yeah the prices I've seen are pretty sensible here
Although it seems to be only online streaming so I'm not too tempted when I have a Crunchyroll sub
Unless there's anything not there that interests me

Anyone that has actually looked into it knows that pumping out shovelware with cards results in a nice amount of profit. I've already said before the outline on how to do it:

1) Create crappy game in a day or two
2) put cards on it
3) make it super cheap
4)then put it on a 90% discount on a week-long deal
5) put it on a Indiegala bundle
6) finally, offer it for free

For optional further profit, make sure your emoticons and backgrounds are very memetastic.
That's exactly what I'm trying to explain here
with my terrible english
, but some people here are trying to say that developers who publishing bad games on Steam are relied only on game sales and not cards sales. People are mostly buying those games not to play them either, but just farm those cards and sell them. What so unbelievable in my statement, that some devs are creating games only to get new app id and give it to cards farmers?

Show me numbers that there's anything close to that volume of cards selling because most bundle trash games I see are doing well to sell 50 copies of a card in a month. And even if they get 5 cents per all those 10k games (which I guarantee they don't) that's $500, hardly breaking the bank. Now 100k indiegala bundles, that's gonna make them a lot more. And sure, the card money isn't nothing, but I've not seen any real evidence of the assertion you're making, it just seems to be a presumption people are making that isn't backed up by real data.
I already gave you example of game that have around 60-70k owners according to SteamSpy but never was in bundles or had a major sale. I can't give you correct cards sales since median sales are worthless and doesn't show real picture, only Valve and those devs knows real sales figures but obviously they are not willing to share them with others. The only way to see something close to real sales figures is by clicking on this card in your steam inventory, for example this card was sold 411 times in last 24 hours. This is just one card in one day, and it was selling like this for months, and there is 5 cards in set. As i said before, maybe 500$ for you is "hardly breaking the bank", but for RU/CIS region this is huge money, people here have 100-200$ monthly wages. But of course ignorance is bliss, you can "guarantee" whatever you want but you are not developer and know nothing about real situation.

Tonton

unless Ive missed it, its never been on sale yet. I know all those anime fighters blend together :p
Definitely been on sale before, I have it on my wishlist. Trying to check steamdb on my phone it seems the last sale was 35% off on March 10 which was when the XSEED sale started I think

bbd23

It's awful

This gif does not even remotely convey just how terrible the art and animation is

The sound design is also hilariously bad and the pacing horrid

But on Crunchyroll you don't buy them, that's more like Netflix id say

yikes. 5 canadian dollars saved.

Ascheroth

So guys, any of you already tried how that anime thing works on Steam?
Seems to be streaming?
The FAQ mentions you can try it with the Free to Play move, but that one only gives me a download option (Not that I'd mind this with the animes)

Nzyme32

Mad Max has a Vulkan beta on Linux (maybe other OS later?)

The performance increase pretty huge up - anything from 40% to well over 100% it seems - a demonstration of the much needed effort for Vulkan on Linux vs OGL.

bRWmdn3.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Definitely been on sale before, I have it on my wishlist. Trying to check steamdb on my phone it seems the last sale was 35% off on March 10 which was when the XSEED sale started I think

I totally missed that sale then

It's awful

This gif does not even remotely convey just how terrible the art and animation is

SHAmwJQ.gif

The sound design is also hilariously bad and the pacing horrid

But on Crunchyroll you don't buy them, that's more like Netflix id say
I'm not sure by how much but I know the Blu-ray release replaced some of those cg scenes.
tumblr_ofd5tsWCwk1sjroblo3_r1_500.gif

tumblr_ofd5tsWCwk1sjroblo1_r1_500.gif

MUnited83

For you.
But don't you have to pay like 100$ to even be able to publish it on Steam? Seems a little risky to me. But I'm most likely under-estimating the amount of card cash they'll receive if they follow that plan.
You'll get a lot more than 100$. In fact, you would easily profit from direct steam purchases alone.

Arthea

but Capcom has nothing to do with it...

Best Steam sale of the year is finally here! Sugoi desu yo!

if anybody is willing to convince me to watch some anime, I'm all ears, mostly interested in sci-fi and mecha, no goofy stuff, no fansiervise, or as little as possible, interesting story, good animation.
I glanced at it but it seems nothing I'd want, still not sure

also how's steam movie streaming quality?

Rhaknar

is that the cheapest the Danganronpa games have been? I know they have been 40% before but im not sure the bundle has been 46% before?

also lol at how stingy the publisher is with discounts on Morgana

Doesn't Destiny have 3 playable races? (Robot/Human/Blue Human) Weird for Dest2ny's cover to have a perfect opportunity to showcase them... and then skip it.

Press Turn

Neo Member
It'd be super cool to buy KOF if not for the fact that I don't have the cash.

....and also the "dude you are juggling 3 fighting games and your backlog stop"

Mostly cash

Tizoc

Never watched the series is good? Worth? I really want to buy it

Which one? Mob Psycho 100?
It is on Crunchyroll which you can watch for free, and is one of the best series of the past year. Heck it's GAF's #1 anime series of 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom