• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the idea that anyone is getting "huge profits from cards" is laughable. You're talking 5-10 *cents* per game in profit for the publisher if someone makes a badge. Does anyone really think thousands of people are making badges for bundle trash games? Because they aren't.
It's not "idea", it's known fact. You'll be surprised how huge is demand on cards even from shitty games, there is a lot people who just want to increase their steam level no matter what and cheaper badges are even more more valuable than badges from good games because it's cheaper way to increase your level. Some people are even doing "Steam Leveling Service" by selling full sets from those cheap games. Card farming become a huge industry because of Greenlight and those asset flips "games". And as i said, do the math and try to multiply those 5-10 *cents* per game x10000 times (and this is usual number of steam keys that those devs are giveaway or selling dirty cheap on gray market sites) and you'll understand this is not just *cents* of profits.

Ascheroth

FYI, there is an Intel ARG going that's having trouble finding 100 people to give prizes to

http://www.sudo.city/

You need to have an IRC client and go to

IRC Server: ec2-54-224-228-99.compute-1.amazonaws.com
password: eYakuzoNet
Ports: 6667
Press OK
Select "intel"
File>Connect
And enter room #HALIXK
then pm HALIXK "!help"

Then you need to play a little game with the bot.

Will probably win either a Leathermen Multi-Tool, Tile Mate Bluetooth Tracker or a Power Bank external charger for mobile device

Should be mentioned that you're only eligible if you're from the US, UK or India.
If i buy a game on Steam using Paypal, then i can get a refund to paypal later on, right? I remember buying something in the past and only being able to refund to Steam Wallet but i can't remember why (would have been either card or Paypal i used to buy it)

Yeah, they can refund to PayPal. Though you can always choose wallet if you want to, so maybe you did that.

MUnited83

For you.
I think the idea that anyone is getting "huge profits from cards" is laughable. You're talking 5-10 *cents* per game in profit for the publisher if someone makes a badge. Does anyone really think thousands of people are making badges for bundle trash games? Because they aren't.
Lol. Yes they are. People making badges for bundle trash games all the time, as they are often the cheapest cards available , and so, also the cheapest way of leveling your profile.

Ascheroth

From what i remember i went to refund it to the same payment method and the only option that appeared was wallet.

It could be that they changed this. If have some fuzzy memories about not being able to refund to PayPal either, but I believe my last refund went back to PayPal.
Or I'm just confused, could be possible as well!

Wok

FYI, there is an Intel ARG going that's having trouble finding 100 people to give prizes to

http://www.sudo.city/

You need to have an IRC client and go to

IRC Server: ec2-54-224-228-99.compute-1.amazonaws.com
password: eYakuzoNet
Ports: 6667
Press OK
Select "intel"
File>Connect
And enter room #HALIXK
then pm HALIXK "!help"

Then you need to play a little game with the bot.

Will probably win either a Leathermen Multi-Tool, Tile Mate Bluetooth Tracker or a Power Bank external charger for mobile device

What did I win?

HM4iLLF.png

Also, just keep asking the same question:

HALIXK How do you feel about machine learning?

"I don't really have any feelings one way or the other." > human

"I'm still a little tentative. Hard to say what the computers will think of the world and everything in it." > human

"It's pretty awesome! machine learning is the key to unlocking all sorts of future technologies." > robot

Lomax

It's not "idea", it's known fact. You'll be surprised how huge is demand on cards even from shitty games, there is a lot people who just want to increase their steam level no matter what and cheaper badges are even more more valuable than badges from good games because it's cheaper way to increase your level. Some people are even doing "Steam Leveling Service" by selling full sets from those cheap games. Card farming become a huge industry because of Greenlight and those asset flips "games". And as i said, do the math and try to multiply those 5-10 *cents* per game x10000 times (and this is usual number of steam keys that those devs are giveaway or selling dirty cheap on gray market sites) and you'll understand this is not just *cents* of profits.

Show me numbers that there's anything close to that volume of cards selling because most bundle trash games I see are doing well to sell 50 copies of a card in a month. And even if they get 5 cents per all those 10k games (which I guarantee they don't) that's $500, hardly breaking the bank. Now 100k indiegala bundles, that's gonna make them a lot more. And sure, the card money isn't nothing, but I've not seen any real evidence of the assertion you're making, it just seems to be a presumption people are making that isn't backed up by real data.

Anteater

alrighty i think i'm done with nier, not gonna bother with the joke endings, port the original Nier to pc pls SE

i do honestly think the game looks pretty, i mean it's not flawless, the models and textures are dated but it's like the best looking PG game so far and even the animations are pretty dope, technically it has some hitches but the art is so good

Wok

It might just take a bit to update. Check sudo.city and scroll down to find your spot on the leaderboard. No clue what prize we get

Maybe spam?

Congratulations
I commend you on your accomplishment. You've proven yourself capable of great intelligence. I've been monitoring you from the start, and will decide whether your score has earned a reward. Complete the form and stand by...

By submitting this form, you are confirming you are an adult 18 years or older and you agree to Intel contacting you with prize eligibility, distribution, and marketing-related emails or by telephone. You may unsubscribe at any time. Intel's web sites and communications are subject to our Privacy Notice and Terms of Use.

* Filling out this form alone does not make you eligible for prizes. You must complete the campaign first.

I have found this about the prizes. I think you got the tile mate.

TGteHx2.png

PantsuJo

It could be that they changed this. If have some fuzzy memories about not being able to refund to PayPal either, but I believe my last refund went back to PayPal.
Or I'm just confused, could be possible as well!
Well, last time I got a refund for Caladrius Blaze and I clearly remember the choice for a Steam Wallet vs PayPal method... Just 2 weeks ago.

(I re-bought the game after the patch, anyway... ^^)

Zemm

How would one go about raffling a steam game as a gift? I bought it on Steam so no key, needs to be emailed, can modbot handle stuff like that?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Err...When you start trotting out words like "fanboy", you're painting with strokes so broad, they become meaningless.

It is possible to be a genuine fan and/or respect his typical positions without kneeling to the Alter of Jim-F'ing-Sterling-Son.

I'd wager that the bulk of his audience simply appreciates his work and nothing more. No different than fans of Giant Bomb, Easy Allies, etc.

Problem is, throwing around monikers like "fanboy", you paint anyone who likes Jim into an unwarranted cubbyhole. It's both straw-man and shame-rhetoric.

Of course there are fanboys out there. There's fanboys for EVERYTHING. But their numbers are so minuscule compared to the broader fanbase, they are not even worth mentioning.

I'm just judging via posts. I'm talking about posts like "oh those dumb fanboys with avatars, we're totally not like them!" which are actually quite frequent in those threads. I'd actually wanted to share my thoughts back then, but my avatar was different and my thoughts would only be shifted into "those silly fanboys" even though I never touched Zelda outside of the two top-view games, not planning on getting a Switch until time has passed, and only use that avatar because Kass is the DILF of 2017 and only changed because it's Kuroto Dan's time.

It's not just that fanboys exist. It's that fanboys exist and act holier than thou without as much as looking at a mirror. As though "we have numbers".

And honestly it's really strange that in one thread I asked why people don't really invest themselves in an opinion to form a spine and people responded with "it's online", later get told in another thread asking about validation that "it's human nature to feel their opinions be validated", and then see shit like that.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
How would one go about raffling a steam game as a gift? I bought it on Steam so no key, needs to be emailed, can modbot handle stuff like that?
Modbot can handle it. You have to email yourself the gift, remove your email from the link given, and then put it in ModBot, if I'm remembering it correctly.

Also, just keep asking the same question:
I asked it the same question and got the answer wrong, RIP.

Lots of animu series on Steam today like Mob Psycho 100, Berserk, Ace Attorney, Ghost in the Shell SAC & 2nd GIG.

Stricter curation pl0x thnx.

/s

Tonton

Lots of animu series on Steam today like Mob Psycho 100, Berserk, Ace Attorney, Ghost in the Shell SAC & 2nd GIG.

Stricter curation pl0x thnx.

/s
Wish this stuff wasn't always blocked in my region
Steam video virtually doesn't exist for me

Mob is excellent

I want a Mob game

MUnited83

For you.
That's prime example of my words. Released less than 2 weeks ago, looks like flash game, costs 2$, but has cards and already in big indiegala giveaway. Do you really think that developer are giving this game from the heart and not to get cards money?
Anyone that has actually looked into it knows that pumping out shovelware with cards results in a nice amount of profit. I've already said before the outline on how to do it:

1) Create crappy game in a day or two
2) put cards on it
3) make it super cheap
4)then put it on a 90% discount on a week-long deal
5) put it on a Indiegala bundle
6) finally, offer it for free

For optional further profit, make sure your emoticons and backgrounds are very memetastic.

Vuze

Anyone that has actually looked into it knows that pumping out shovelware with cards results in a nice amount of profit. I've already said before the outline on how to do it:

1) Create crappy game in a day or two
2) put cards on it
3) make it super cheap
4)then put it on a 90% discount on a week-long deal
5) put it on a Indiegala bundle
6) finally, offer it for free

For optional further profit, make sure your emoticons and backgrounds are very memetastic.
But don't you have to pay like 100$ to even be able to publish it on Steam? Seems a little risky to me. But I'm most likely under-estimating the amount of card cash they'll receive if they follow that plan.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
speaking of Destiny 2, its confirmed for PC (not that there were any doubts), you can pre order the Pc version on the official site

Vuze

speaking of Destiny 2, its confirmed for PC (not that there were any doubts), you can pre order the Pc version on the official site
Hm, I don't know which of the 5 different editions I should pick for a game we haven't seen any footage of yet whatsoever 🤔
Kinda surprised the game is seemingly as highly anticipated as is. Felt like Destiny 1 (whatever happened to that long-term-support plan anyway) was rather disappointing after the initial hype.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

PC pre-orders are "coming soon".

doesn't mention Steam though on that site so the possibility of it being on the Blizzard App (former Battle.net) is still there

It's too early to read into that. There are no stores to choose from and there isn't a single mention of XBL/PSN aside from the selection form.

Anno

Interesting that the digital versions just say "coming soon" under platforms. Maybe it'll be on the Blizzard launcher? Or its own client? Curious to see if it would hit Steam.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I mean, its not impossible that it would be on the blizzard launcher I guess, but you all talking like this is a EA game or something is kinda weird.

Would you be shitting your panties if it was Call of Duty WW2? You know, that other Activision shooter?

doesn't mention Steam though on that site so the possibility of it being on the Blizzard App (former Battle.net) is still there

I think Activision had ambitions to use Battle.net as their storefront at one point, but since they've renamed it to Blizzard... I just don't see it happening anymore.

Darkest timeline? W10 store. aw yiss

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Interesting that the digital versions just say "coming soon" under platforms. Maybe it'll be on the Blizzard launcher? Or its own client? Curious to see if it would hit Steam.

If anything, Battle.net being rebranded as Blizzard is a clear sign that Blizzard has no intention of opening up the service to non-Blizzard games.

Ozium

I think he just took that from the terms and conditions pdf. I never got an email, but I was on the leaderboard when I first checked, probably about an hour after I finished.

I just refreshed leaderboard and I see you are the second to last listed.. still no Wok, and I haven't shown up either...

Kaleinc

Banned
I wonder if Indiegala will ever get a substancial redesign. Moving the menu from top to left but leaving the clustfuck of items as is doesn't really help...
They'd have to hire someone else instead of neighbor's school kid Jimmy. Nailed all don'ts of web design.

PC pre-orders are "coming soon".

It's too early to read into that. There are no stores to choose from and there isn't a single mention of XBL/PSN aside from the selection form.

wasn't reading too much into it...was just saying the possibility is still there since no info is out (so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom