• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

t1cxE6r.gif
WARMACHINE: Tactics Standard Edition -- MB-E4007A6F62F4249C - Taken by fuzzy123
ASTROKILL -- MB-7CEE11ACD3AE691E - Taken by Saty
AdvertCity -- MB-AD31F7E162C1A4F0 - Taken by Purkake4
Corrosion: Cold Winter Waiting -- MB-9F03B7CCFD463495 - Taken by Natty1
Day D: Tower Rush -- MB-7E14050C886D2DCA - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Deranged Rabbits -- MB-CE397092531647BE - Taken by Costa1774
Gimbal -- MB-530259EBE1F7906E - Taken by darkchewie
The Big Elk -- MB-9FC94F260B83288C - Taken by Coldsun
The Charnel House Trilogy -- MB-631DA59030FA5EB1 - Taken by KainXVIII
The Last NightMary: A Lenda do Cabeca de Cuia -- MB-E757BE48042C8E6C - Taken by SSPssp
Warhammer Quest -- MB-BE12BB06435FFA5C - Taken by prudislav

Tizoc

How come this game has never had a proper sale or part of a bundle?
As an archaeologist I need to try this someday....

C14 Dating

C-14 Dating is an otome dating sim that combines archaeology, friendships and love.

Maybe you’ll dig up some bones, or even unearth tools that were manufactured by early humans. And of course, you might forge friendships and find romance during your stay…

melissa.jpg

Well aren't you lucky. The game has just gone on sale this week :p

Ascheroth

Day 2 of Yunicas fight against Kishgal:

Dear Diary.
I KICKED HIS ASS

Holy shit that was intense. Intense.
When he's down to the last tenth of his health, but you're dead if you make a single mistake and he gets a good attack in and your heart starts beating like mad and you evade and block and attack like crazy and then he prepares his super attack and you are in the wrong spot and know you can't dodge it but in that moment your boost meter fills up and you jump desperately towards him as the oversized icicles drop and just before you hit the floor and inevitably die you use your boost move which grants invincibility and he's just in range as well and dies and then you just fall back into the chair as all your strength leaves you with the end of the adrenaline rush.

That's the feeling.

I got one of those e-mails saying that an item on my wishlist was on sale.

Saw what I thought was 20XX. Saw that it was 66% off, and that game is never on a sale more substantial than 20%.

Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was...

Mighty
No.

When a word is written auto like in automobile, automaton, auto-whatever, etc., do you pronounce it auto or auta?

I pronounce it Auto, but in one of the Digital Foundry videos the guy pronounced it Auta, I'm wondering if that's the Japanese way of pronouncing it. I don't want to sound like some western scrub if I talk about this game in public with others.

EDIT: Ok so the second way seems to be the correct one, thanks for clarifing.

iosefe

anyone remember the program that shows you how much space a folder or item takes up? it shows a percentage relative to your hard drive

madjoki

anyone remember the program that shows you how much space a folder or item takes up? it shows a percentage relative to your hard drive

Wiztree, WinDirStat are two popular choices. First one is many times faster but latter has nicer visualization.

LFG

Neophyte
So, I bought the Civ bundle on humble and was curious if 3 and 4 are still worth playing or should I just jump straight into 5?

xist

Whatever possessed the people behind the loading screens of Mass Effect 2 to have them run for 13 or 14 seconds when there's no need for them to last past 1 or 2? I'm sure they're proud of the little animations (and I dreaded them much less than the awful elevator sections from the first game) but boy do they get old fast. Thankfully I found the shorter loading screens to substitute in to get them down to 1-2 seconds, but it's beyond normal reasoning to think that people actually want more loading screens than they need!

That aside I'm enjoying ME2 more than the first game so far, aside from the bizarre hoops I had to jump through for the DLC.

Teggy

What does it mean if the first one or two thumbnails under the picture of a Steam listing have video playback icons but have NaN for playtime and are just low res still images?

Is it a video that's not working or an image incorrectly posted as a video?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
So, I bought the Civ bundle on humble and was curious if 3 and 4 are still worth playing or should I just jump straight into 5?

Lots of people still love Civ IV and the expansions. It is the last one that didn't use the new hex based systems. But since I will assume you have never played much of those games, then I'd jump into V. I played the hell out of Civ V and the expansions. I'm sure as a new comer it would be a good start. Just make sure you're ready to lose all your free time.

Grief.exe

They should add a option where if you buy a 4pack you can't refund, as long as that information is very clear before buying. It's already there for dlcs and movies.

My guess is that wouldn't hold up in EU courts, but I don't have any evidence or precedence to present.

ArjanN

One day left for the Banner Saga 3 kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stoic/banner-saga-3/

Day 2 of Yunicas fight against Kishgal:

Dear Diary.

I KICKED HIS ASS

Holy shit that was intense. Intense.
When he's down to the last tenth of his health, but you're dead if you make a single mistake and he gets a good attack in and your heart starts beating like mad and you evade and block and attack like crazy and then he prepares his super attack and you are in the wrong spot and know you can't dodge it but in that moment your boost meter fills up and you jump desperately towards him as the oversized icicles drop and just before you hit the floor and inevitably die you use your boost move which grants invincibility and he's just in range as well and dies and then you just fall back into the chair as all your strength leaves you with the end of the adrenaline rush.

That's the feeling.

Heh, nice. <3 Ys boss fights.

Is it pronounced Nier: Auto- Mah- Tah or Nier: Oh-tah-mah-tah?
Nier: Automato

I need tips for buying a monitor. Should I only look for IPS monitors and avoid TN like avoiding a plague?
If you want to stick with 60hz, go with an IPS. Dell U2417H is a solid choice and has low input lag, that is of course assuming you wanna stick to the ol' 1080p, which I guess might be considered sacrilege here, but I suppose I've got low standards. If you're looking for 120hz+ however, you're going to have to deal with TN as most of your available options, but curved VA high refresh panels seem to be another option there now.

Flat Heroes first impressions. Big Picture Mode says this game isn't designed for controllers and you need to configure for that. Launch the game and it has a controller recommended warning. Uhh, needs a little ironing out there.

Using the SC with "Gamepad" config worked fine and gives controller prompts.

Wok

Flat Heroes first impressions.

Regarding the game in itself, the gameplay is not bad, but I don't see me playing this game alone and without achievements. Either there has to be cheevos to keep me going forward, or there has to be other people on the couch to make it funnier.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I live in Texas so I'm just going to say Near Auto-Motta and be comfortable because everyone else I know will say it that way as well. Close enough.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"We'll be launching Marvel at 5PM EST!"

*Steam says: 10PM EST*

Capcom, plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom