• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Angvik -- MB-1E4B11F9AD508573 - Taken by KainXVIII
Arcane Sorcery -- MB-A83A4C6D5F5C25D7 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils -- MB-9D919AF1C2AF0C40 - Taken by rainking187
Diadra Empty -- MB-859661ECB79E737E - Taken by texhnolyze
Girls Like Robots -- MB-27EC6C179573AB74 - Taken by GrinningColossus
GundeadliGne -- MB-51AEF9963E292349 - Taken by data
Gundemonium Recollection -- MB-C5E56F7A57B73430 - Taken by sixteen-bit
Hitogata Happa -- MB-EED317C9EFFFB7A2 - Taken by voodooray
Quest of Dungeons -- MB-EDC0B3026B190131 - Taken by longlivegaming
Sugar Cube: Bittersweet Factory -- MB-7393DBD7C4FE7191 - Taken by Coldsun
Winter Voices Complete Pack -- MB-2370BA10AF523D2B - Taken by fernandes

ezodagrom

Ryzen underperformed?
It does great on productivity and such, but on gaming they underperformed even in games where people expected them to shine (games that make good use of multi-core CPUs, like watch dogs 2, ashes of singularity).

They're alot better than the FX processors at least.
The 8 core versions seem to be around the i5 7600K tier (taking into consideration that the cheapest of these is priced at the same price as the 7700K... it's just poor value for gaming).

Remains to be seen how the cheaper 6-core ryzen will perform, but, its clocks were mentioned to be the same as the 1800X, so unless some improvements happen in the form of games patches or windows update, I wouldn't expect much from it.
Could still be good competition against the 7600K if losing 2 cores/4 threads doesn't cost it too much.

Momentary

Banned
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 4K footage.

Got some footage of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance running in 4K. The game runs fine on my computer but for some reason NVIDIA's video capture has some microstuttering every few seconds that makes it look like I'm dropping frames when I'm not.

How do I remedy this. It happens on every game. What do most of you set your bit rates to for recording 1440p and 4K videos? Right now I have it set to 100.

zkylon

zkylewd
i really hope platinum will someday make a game with good looking backgrounds

it's crazy that all their awesome animations and character design live in grungy brown nondescript towns out of 2008

i haven't played all their games tho but watching that mgr stuff again just reminded me how ugly their games can be

MUnited83

For you.
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 4K footage.

Got some footage of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance running in 4K. The game runs fine on my computer but for some reason NVIDIA's video capture has some microstuttering every few seconds that makes it look like I'm dropping frames when I'm not.

How do I remedy this. It happens on every game. What do most of you set your bit rates to for recording 1440p and 4K videos? Right now I have it set to 100.
Are you saving the recordings to the same harddrive you are playing from?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

A-Men -- MB-8C23CDC0380719C5 - Taken by MaxiLive
Betrayer -- MB-CBEE23222AAC6751 - Taken by Battlechili1
Crow -- MB-A036FF4BDDFEF46E - Taken by Abomination
Deadlings: Rotten Edition -- MB-192631FF1A701B10 - Taken by Coldsun
Escape from Puzzlegate -- MB-7A38C2A15485F4D8 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Fancy Skulls -- MB-FB00610E776B44A2 - Taken by Last Baron
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-4D85190333B1FAE5 - Taken by fuzzy123
Super Cyborg -- MB-2717BA4D0DB98C60 - Taken by Nabae
They Breathe -- MB-0DB189C4B0103D94 - Taken by FoneBone
VolChaos -- MB-DA107927FF497D84 - Taken by Hakkelus
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-6C611539369443C7 - Taken by longlivegaming

Teggy

So, an aside to all this Cemu talk - would it be worth messing with Dolphin to play Skyward Sword in HD? My pc doesn't have Bluetooth so I don't know what the controls would be like.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i prefer loading screens to fake elevator loading screens cos u can alt tab on loading screens

So, an aside to all this Cemu talk - would it be worth messing with Dolphin to play Skyward Sword in HD? My pc doesn't have Bluetooth so I don't know what the controls would be like.

you can buy a bluetooth adapter really cheap

i played through metroid prime on dolphin and had to buy like a sensor bar and a wii controller but it was pretty great, if a little finnicky

I just noticed: for their previous games on Steam, Platinum was listed

PlatinumGames

Nier is the first game where they're listed as

PlatinumGames Inc.

Is that normal or nah?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Blues and Bullets - Episode 1 -- MB-E0C0C04B92067AB7 - Taken by Zeeman
My Pet Rock -- MB-E73279E8AF750C01 - Taken by Megauap
Vindictive Drive -- MB-1B37B663F88864BF - Taken by Chairmanchuck

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just woke up, hows the Marvel port? Rayge seems to think its good.

Coreda

Can ReShade smooth pixelated graphics? Just bought Boy and His Blob which is known for its lower res assets that look terrible upscaled and wondering if anyone knows of a solution that isn't adding something like scanlines.

Eg:

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just noticed: for their previous games on Steam, Platinum was listed

PlatinumGames

Nier is the first game where they're listed as

PlatinumGames Inc.

Is that normal or nah?

Not normal but also not uncommon. The developer/publisher listings are just text fields that are manually filled when setting up the store page. Case in point.

zkylon

zkylewd
it's true, deus ex mankind divided is much more enjoyable when u just ignore exploring prague and wait until u get a quest to visit places

i'm really confused about the overclocking thing, i've been at 150% overclocked for a whlie and nothing seems to be any different. it's a pity, it sounded like a cool mechanic and now i've gotten the upgrade that makes me unoverclockable so idk what that was about lol

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So is there a limit to how many cards you can get dropped in a certain span of time using the glitch? I hit 100 and cards stopped dropping.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah port is really good, this six year old toaster can run it fine at max settings.

Actually surprised it's only 3~4gb too

Wok

Can ReShade smooth pixelated graphics? Just bought Boy and His Blob which is known for its lower res assets that look terrible upscaled and wondering if anyone knows of a solution that isn't adding something like scanlines.

Eg:

I would love to see waifu2x adapted as a real-time filter for video games' display. I don't know if stuff like ReShade can do this.

Edit: Apparently, it is more complicated than that, and people are talking about using Fast Bilateral Filter in this Github issue from last year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no amount of great port will change the fact that I suck at Marvel :3

great port tho :p

Rhaknar

Nier comes out a couple of days before I take a week and half off work.

destiny.gif

Rhaknar

Why are you complaining? it would be worse if it came out a couple days after your week off ended.

what part of my post was in any way a complaint?

was the Destiny gif not clear enough that it meant "it is your destiny to play Nier when you have time off work"?

Ill chalk this one off as you being high on cheap spanish Pizza

Kudo

what part of my psot was in any way a complaint?

You used gif from scene where guy gets his hand sliced off, and succumbs to his destiny.
Kinda gives the post this negative vibe like you just have to play it even if you don't want to.

it's true, deus ex mankind divided is much more enjoyable when u just ignore exploring prague and wait until u get a quest to visit places

On the other hand, there are some side quests you can only find if you explore the game world. And some side quests only become available after certain story events. And since the side quest stories are generally better than the overarching plot I'd say it's still worth looking around Prague.

i'm really confused about the overclocking thing, i've been at 150% overclocked for a whlie and nothing seems to be any different. it's a pity, it sounded like a cool mechanic and now i've gotten the upgrade that makes me unoverclockable so idk what that was about lol

They didn't commit to the idea of penalties when you overclock. For small overclocks you just have vision glitches from time to time. The severity of this increases as you increase your overclock percentage but you only start losing augs at a very high overclock (something like 400-500% which basically means you have all experimental augs enabled).

Rhaknar

You used gif from scene where guy gets his hand sliced off, and succumbs to his destiny.
Kinda gives the post this negative vibe like you just have to play it even if you don't want to.

SPOILERS!

it was either that or a bunch of Destiny videogame gifs, stupid google ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom