• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

8BitBoy -- MB-A2D98B9F02B194F5 - Taken by iiicon
Adam's Venture Chronicles -- MB-E9BBB5DEED5738F4 - Taken by bobnowhere
Bob Was Hungry -- MB-8BA1BB27FBA541AD - Taken by Purkake4
Circuits -- MB-41D6908E8AD65650 - Taken by Nabae
Dark Quest -- MB-2C5796EA2FB902A8 - Taken by titch
Gunman Clive -- MB-EBE5B288AB9FFE0F - Taken by Platy
Highland Warriors -- MB-0A1490BB34E7DE6B - Taken by madjoki
Metrocide -- MB-A66A05CADB96E8C9 - Taken by Sarcasm
Penguins Arena: Sedna's World -- MB-C8EBD6AF263A6CF5 - Taken by Oreoleo
TownCraft -- MB-99F453179CB34FA3 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Waste Walkers -- MB-8A642DAD4DC9C32C - Taken by DeliciousDoc

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-894967BAA17A087D - Taken by Tall4Life
Mystery Game #10 -- MB-80AA0F8603911D21 - Taken by gurm3n
Mystery Game #11 -- MB-597FCD3F5FC7E9D4 - Taken by C4rter
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-28AF010AEE2D71B9 - Taken by KingKong

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-BA1E226F9BAA13CE - Taken by dave is ok
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-F76EB442A7BA3168 - Taken by Nabs
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-5BF3D1E366B10D28 - Taken by Hektor
Mystery Game #6 -- MB-45C6D9E1E9537ACF - Taken by Servizio
Mystery Game #7 -- MB-4E5D403519B342FE - Taken by prudislav
Mystery Game #8 -- MB-2275F18597F7BB36 - Taken by Wok
Mystery Game #9 -- MB-1A17C0B90E6C19E2 - Taken by trailmix16

So I randomly started Castlevania: Lords of Shadow a couple of days ago, and putting it down for a while. I was only on the third chapter, but I played thrown all 14 chapters -- including the DLC -- in the last two days. It also looked great as I was downscaling it from just under 4K on my 1080p monitor. Mmmm, buttery smooth.

I was thoroughly addicted. I honestly really like where it goes with the series, and it's too bad the rebooted series seems to be dead too.

Oh well, I'm now playing Mirrors of Fate HD and enjoying it a lot too. It's not exactly a traditional Metroidvania, but it has a few more of those elements than the original LoS did. I'll probably finish it tonight after work, or tomorrow, then head on to Lords of Shadow 2.

Heck, I'm debating going back and finishing all of the old CV games as well. The setting and tone are just really working for me right now.

Nier: Automato

If you want to stick with 60hz, go with an IPS. Dell U2417H is a solid choice and has low input lag, that is of course assuming you wanna stick to the ol' 1080p, which I guess might be considered sacrilege here, but I suppose I've got low standards. If you're looking for 120hz+ however, you're going to have to deal with TN as most of your available options, but curved VA high refresh panels seem to be another option there now.

I'm going to stick to 1080p 60hz, too bad the U2417H is a bit out of my budget so I went with the P2317H.

I do have to ask, what's up with all the ModBot giveaways in the last few pages dumping 10+ keys at a time? Is Stump getting rid of old unclaimed keys or something?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I truly do love Ori and the Blind Forest DE's simply command of Alt + U that turns off all captions and user interface. More games should have it to allow just a faster paced run through and allow the artwork to be shown off.

Single player on flat heroes seems like a take off N+. I can get into it since the momentum part of N turned me off and this is more straight forward.

The design work is really slick, minimal, similar to Absolute Drift.

Kagemusha

SUPERHOT is great. I feel like I need to buy the GOG version after getting the dubious Steam key from that grey market site last month.

Played Zelda WiiU for 8 hour in two days. Really fun but I"m starting to hate the shrines.

Got homebrew on WiiU and will try Cemu on my PC later. Don't think my 770 can handle 1080 but will try.

Coldsun

Banned
SUPERHOT is great. I feel like I need to buy the GOG version after getting the dubious Steam key from that grey market site last month.

Played Zelda WiiU for 8 hour in two days. Really fun but I"m starting to hate the shrines.

Got homebrew on WiiU and will try Cemu on my PC later. Don't think my 770 can handle 1080 but will try.

GPU doesn't matter much for cemu. Whats your cpu clocked at?

jediyoshi

That rules me out. I'll need to get me a new CPU sooner or later. My i7-920 @ 2.67 has served me for many a good year, but all good things must come to an end.

I got rid of my first gen i5 this year for kaby lake. feelsgood
especially after seeing ryzen benchmarks

Ryzen underperformed?

From what I read for gaming its quite similar to the intel ones, though for other stuff like editing etc. its really cheap.

the 1800X performance was more around an i5 CPU I believe so for gaming itself it wasn't the best...for non-gaming stuff it performed well

so it really depends on what you'd need it for...if it's gaming then it seems Intel would still be the choice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom