• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2017 - IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so what was that about not playing Marvel online then? Just a random drive-by shitpost?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

123 Slaughter Me Street -- MB-CF294C469129C72A - Taken by xGreg
Bermuda -- MB-A80C8D1332286B46 - Taken by MaxiLive
Just Hero -- MB-8692EDA69D1B7845 - Taken by Monooboe
KWAAN -- MB-F3D99670725475DA - Taken by Lain
NO THING -- MB-7FFF6C7E5B8CAFB9 - Taken by Jalal
Prehistorik -- MB-DDC281A8F82D60B6 - Taken by rainking187
Richard & Alice -- MB-4A19702E9F9983DD - Taken by Dusk Golem
Sophie's Curse -- MB-5431FF705D0EC326 - Taken by bloke
The Egyptian Prophecy: Fate of Ramses -- MB-243F644BC839DA2B - Taken by PaulSane
Unhack -- MB-179A77FF6769E0AA - Taken by Loptous
Venetica: Gold Edition -- MB-C6480D5587E80EE5 - Taken by fernandes

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Did they upgrade it since the PS3 version? If not, then yes it will suck.

Best save the money and use it on a fighting game that doesn't suck, like Tekken 7!

Isn't there something about Tekken 7 and xplay too? So online community there will probably be dead in a matter of months

Isn't there something about Tekken 7 and xplay too? So online community there will probably be dead in a matter of months

Of course it's gonna be dead in months if no one buys it :|

Crossplay is nice but really, how many fighting games are actually doing it? Just SF5? Genuinely asking because I don't keep up with FGC outside of Tekken anymore.

Of course it's gonna be dead in months if no one buys it :|

Crossplay is nice but really, how many fighting games are actually doing it? Just SF5? Genuinely asking because I don't keep up with FGC outside of Tekken anymore.
Killer Instinct also has cross-play. It's a great fighting game with an excellent net code (unlike SFV).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh great, its the fighting game dick waving contest, thats always fun.

Jadax

Depends - some people like that sort of thing.

I like Dota, whilst a lot of people can't stand that whole genre. To each his own.

Cels

lately steam is not recognizing screenshots that i've already uploaded. normally there is a cloud icon on each steamshot that is already online. i looked around and apparently it's a pretty long-running bug. bummer..

JustinBB7

Since people are saying Nier might be cheaper later, will those be digital keys later or just physical only? I'm EU so I guess I can get physical anyway if it turns out cheaper.

Knurek

Since people are saying Nier might be cheaper later, will those be digital keys later or just physical only? I'm EU so I guess I can get physical anyway if it turns out cheaper.

It's a Square Enix game, it will be 50% off in three months and 75% off in half a year.

Arthea

It's a Square Enix game, it will be 50% off in three months and 75% off in half a year.

I don't think Nier followed this pattern, it's not an Eidos game, so I'm not sure any of your predictions apply
unless it'll sell badly, then I can see it dropping fast.

Rhaknar

I think he meant people that said "it will probably be cheaper closer to release", not after release on sale.

ezodagrom

Gamesplanet (digital store) will likely have it cheaper when compared to stores that use euro prices, since gamesplanet uses UK prices even for those outside of the UK.
Base UK price is £39.99 (46€+-ish), and they usually have discounts on new releases (something like 15% or more, depending on the game).

They confirmed on twitter that they'll have the game, so it's just a matter of time until it appears on their store.
https://twitter.com/GamesplanetUK/status/838728020445827073

Tizoc

I don't think Nier followed this pattern, it's not an Eidos game, so I'm not sure any of your predictions apply
unless it'll sell badly, then I can see it dropping fast.
Neither hitman 2016 nor life is strange got a deep discount til end of year iirc
Even then hitman '16 only got as low as 50%

Wok

It's not cheaper on Amazon.

i5SdVr0.png

Momentary

Banned
Speaking of dicks, any word on when BlazBlue Central Fiction is being released? Haven't heard anything since the Steamspyear leak.

Played the Deus Ex Criminal Past DLC in the last couple of days. It was about 4-5 hours long (depending on how much you explore and care about stealth etc.). The level design is decent with lots of paths and vents to get from one place to the other and many secrets to find. It makes a relatively small map feel pretty dense. It's set in a high security prison complex with lots of cameras, guards, sentries and what not so you don't really have a choice but to play mostly in stealth. You really can't play it any other way. It has some standalone story (which I've already forgotten) and the events take place before the main game story. There's an achievement to finish the DLC without using any augmentations and I really have to wonder why anyone (other than achievement hunters) would want to play this game without using augs.

It's not bad content and they haven't done anything wrong as such but I still found it fairly dull and uninspired. Same as the last DLC really. I really loved the main game quite a bit but for some reason these DLCs have been boring for me even though they're not actually bad. Looking at the Steam global achievement stats only 2% finished the System Rift DLC (in pure stealth) and only 1% completed Criminal Past at all. People didn't buy the DLCs and/or don't care to finish them.

If this really is the last Deus Ex content we'll see for a while I hope they go back to the drawing board and bring us something new next time. Adam Jensen was fine for two games but the series could use a change in characters, aesthetic, gameplay mechanics etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom