• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benslammin

Neo Member
Back when I played it, I enjoyed 7,62 far more than I thought I would. However, I stopped halfway through due to some pretty nasty gamebreaking bugs. Need to go back to it with the fan patch, see if is more playable now. Assuming it is, I recommend the game. And Silent Storm even more. A decade later, I still have to find a strategy game (besides Men of War) that can rival its damage and physics systems.

For sure. Silent Storm still is one of the most ahead of it's time games I have ever played. The original released in 2003 and it had a physics system before Half-Life 2 made it popular, a bullet ballistics system like none other game as of then, and a structural destruction system that in my opinion wasn't rivaled until Red Faction: Guerrilla.

The only thing bad about Silent Storm is how long enemy turns take, and the mechs near the end game that are just completely the most OP things I have ever witnesses. There's even a fan mod that just removes them from the game because they were so hard to beat.

Wok

I love how Steam gets an update 5 times a day but the UI is still horrible! My god putting cards on the market takes hours it is so poorly designed!

Speaking of which, has this market live-update feature been shown here?

xi7XCYU.gif

So here is my promised May giveaway.

Zombie Driver Soundtrack, Zombie Driver Apocalypse Pack, Zombie Driver HD and Crusader Kings Complete might not work.

Let's celebrate spring:

Thanks for Supreme Commander Forged Alliance! Never played the expansion and Supreme Commander 2 was disappointing so I'm looking forward to giving it a go soon.

I never thought I'd see the day when ModBot gave away a phone.

Do you guys care about or paid attention to the story when you play Dark Souls 1/2?

Nope. DS2 is crazy vague compared to the first I think. You realllly need to listen if you want to know what you're supposed to do.

Javier23

Banned
What? Where?
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Free customizable 16GB Moto X (obviously not Steam, but you will receive a link and PIN) -- MB-4A5E9625B4A9B76B - Taken by Lain. 80 entrants total.

t1398917684z1.png
US only. Crazy, right? GAFfers generosity knows no bounds ;P

fantomena

So I have these coupons if anyone wants:

2x75% of on Grimind
2x40% off on Luftrausers
1x 50% off on Endless Space
1x 50% off on Endless Space: Disharmony

The_Monk

you know you've gone places in dark souls when your character looks as scary as a regular mob

Did you manage to face your fears regarding those
spiders?

Hope you found a way. :) I have to return to the game soon but I have no desire to rush and don't want to burn myself too much. Currently "stuck" in two bosses but will try again as soon as I have some time to relax.

zkylon

zkylewd
Did you manage to face your fears regarding those
spiders?

Hope you found a way. :) I have to return to the game soon but I have no desire to rush and don't want to burn myself too much. Currently "stuck" in two bosses but will try again as soon as I have some time to relax.
haven't reached there yet but i'm close

i had pretty depressing spidey nightmares today so imma take it easy. my brother told me he's gonna just like kill them every single time until they don't respawn anymore if i want, so there's that option too. i heard it's a pretty useful place to go back to even after you've beaten it cos there's some important npcs there, so might have come to that

i might do it myself, as it's less the spiders themselves as the whole not knowing where they'll jump from thing

The_Monk

haven't reached there yet but i'm close

i had pretty depressing spidey nightmares today so imma take it easy. my brother told me he's gonna just like kill them every single time until they don't respawn anymore if i want, so there's that option too. i heard it's a pretty useful place to go back to even after you've beaten it cos there's some important npcs there, so might have come to that

i might do it myself, as it's less the spiders themselves as the whole not knowing where they'll jump from thing

Hurray for hope!

Take your time and don't rush things. The important is for your to have fun, stress-free (which I know it might be impossible to the nature of the game itself).

topyy

Apr 30 May 13
ModBot said:
Instructions for topyy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Happy Wars beta -- MB-E189146F3D6A4225 - Taken by deejay

fun game.

neoemonk

For sure. Silent Storm still is one of the most ahead of it's time games I have ever played. The original released in 2003 and it had a physics system before Half-Life 2 made it popular, a bullet ballistics system like none other game as of then, and a structural destruction system that in my opinion wasn't rivaled until Red Faction: Guerrilla.

The only thing bad about Silent Storm is how long enemy turns take, and the mechs near the end game that are just completely the most OP things I have ever witnesses. There's even a fan mod that just removes them from the game because they were so hard to beat.

I kept thinking of the old NES game Silent Service and found this confusing.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hurray for hope!

Take your time and don't rush things. The important is for your to have fun, stress-free (which I know it might be impossible to the nature of the game itself).
yea stress-free is pretty much impossible, the whole excitement thing about dark souls is that exploring these dungeons is stressful and intense, so yea like you said it's the nature of the game

we'll see, sometimes my stupid head doesn't mind and i can go thru it no problem, but given that the game is by design pretty intimidating i don't know. like queelag i didn't mind one bit, but that was a pretty blobby mess of a spider, really.

hopefully i'll get to beat that part, i'm locked out of way too many games because of this shit

yea stress-free is pretty much impossible, the whole excitement thing about dark souls is that exploring these dungeons is stressful and intense, so yea like you said it's the nature of the game

we'll see, sometimes my stupid head doesn't mind and i can go thru it no problem, but given that the game is by design pretty intimidating i don't know. like queelag i didn't mind one bit, but that was a pretty blobby mess of a spider, really.

hopefully i'll get to beat that part, i'm locked out of way too many games because of this shit

I know that feel bro. I had issues with the sharks in Far Cry 3 as well.

If Dark Souls had sharks.....fuck that.

zkylon

zkylewd
I know that feel bro. I had issues with the sharks in Far Cry 3 as well.

If Dark Souls had sharks.....fuck that.
it's the worst feeling in the world, it like paralyzes you completely and just turns you into a paranoid idiot just uncontrollably jumping at everything

guess you're lucky sharks are a lot more uncommon than fucking spiders

Yea so Child of Light won't work with family sharing unless you have access to the owner's uplay account credentials as well.

Leg-End

As someone that liked/loved AC I&II, is this one worth playing?

Yep. It has the Ubisoft way of recycling but if you like the collection aspects of games (I quite like them myself) this one is huge.

Sailing the seas as a pirate is also incredibly satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom