• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedict

got this rare emoticon, :DogOfWar::

360fx360f

Should I keep it?

Hasney

I was going to ask about the May Day sale, but I actually read the first page unlike some of these poors that crawl in here.

Speaking of poors, I haven't bought a game so far this week. It feels... Weird.

Saty

Seems like it's going to be in next month's OT, i think it's good to have recommendations of games that were released in the previous month on top of looking-forward highlights.

Copons

I was going to ask about the May Day sale, but I actually read the first page unlike some of these poors that crawl in here.

Speaking of poors, I haven't bought a game so far this week. It feels... Weird.

Fear not! In 10 hours we'll have the Humble Weekly Bundle Presents: Infogrames Complete Catalogue!

oh gosh i'm totally fantomening with this humble whatever bundle thing

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I got two coupons for Grimind. Nothing for Luftrausers

Ditto.

Edit: Oh, wait, I restarted Steam and received two Luftrausers coupons, haha.

I keep most of my emotes and backgrounds for what is probably the same reason: there are already a million listings at $0.03.

Anything that's already plummeted to 3c I just give to TrashBot. I keep forgetting about the trading card emoticons, though, haha.

Dr Dogg

I don't know how much the beta tester emotes are worth but did t half of the Steam population get in?

Fear not! In 10 hours we'll have the Humble Weekly Bundle Presents: Infogrames Complete Catalogue!

oh gosh i'm totally fantomening with this humble whatever bundle thing

Oh cheers! Now I've got the lyrics to The Phantom of the Opera stuck in my head, slightly switch to Fantom of the Steam Thread.

Evrain

I'm on the beta but I have avast antivirus, no alerts here so it's probably just a false positive. Report it to Avira and they'll probably sort it out for you.
What worries me is that the file was named GameOverlaiUI.exe_ which does sound a bit suspicious to me.. I'll redownload the standard package and, from there, step it up to the beta and see what happens. The downloaded beta packages are saved where?

Tenrius

So I pre-purchased Tex Murphy, but I can't find Pandora Directive in my library, where is it exactly?

Also, I seemingly lost access to shared games after the latest Steam update (it made the bottom download bar look slightly different, too).

Damaniel

Banned
Downloads don't seem to be working right for me at the moment. A game that's downloading will only grab about 100MB, then start 'restarting' the download over and over, so the download progress never gets further. On the other hand, Steam is maxing out my downstream connection, so it's downloading *something*, just not anything useful.

If I restart Steam, I can get it to download an additional 100MB or so per restart, but then it just gets caught in the download restart loop. The game I'm downloading is only 5GB, but I don't want to have to restart Steam 50+ times just to get the game to finish downloading.

(I noticed a few other people complaining about the problem on the official forums in the last hour. I'm probably not alone here...)

For Sleepy Dawgz, removing the Cheat DLC sounds a lot easier with this than messing with the dats (if you got the Complete or DLC collections).

A great feature for Tomb Raider.

I never understood why anybody would actually want parts of the game unlocked just because you purchased it early. I mean if you are going to play something, you want to actually play it right?

The-Bean

You can disable DLC on games as of the latest beta client.

You can even do it mid-download which is nice (tested on Alan Wake - 6.7GB download vs 10GB w/ bonus material DLC), saves on having to download the DLC if you're just wanting to play a game as soon as possible. Hopefully we see selecting DLC to download when first installing a game in the future.

Volimar

Ditto.

Edit: Oh, wait, I restarted Steam and received two Luftrausers coupons, haha.

Anything that's already plummeted to 3c I just give to TrashBot. I keep forgetting about the trading card emoticons, though, haha.

I just restarted steam and I got....nothin.

9BYaTS7.jpg

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Paranormal State Poison Spring -- MB-155E573C4056C60E - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.

t1398937263z1.png

And these are also still available

Lucius -- MB-321DCF8C0187A2AF
Chronicles of a Dark Lord: Episode 1 Tides of Fate (Desura) -- MB-14D9C456880B2E0B
Evopollution (Desura) -- MB-EEAA29C73E99C93B
Project Night (Desura) -- MB-EDD8B3CB766160C0
Micron (Desura) -- MB-90A230EB26582D29

Holly crap, I won Warlock. Many thanks, derExperte.
Time to give back.
I know it's not remotely in the same league, but I hope someone enjoys them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Falexandre:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Warfare -- MB-532554068BABCEEE - Taken by Diedac. 4 entrants total.
Shelter -- MB-4F97EAD0E0211812 - Taken by Vastag. 4 entrants total.
Gumboy Tournament -- MB-8A886C6A7D2253A6 - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total. - Taken by tylergregg. 1 entrants total.
UFO Extraterrestrials Gold -- MB-F8F921262103C36B - Taken by Sarcasm. 3 entrants total. - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Puzzle Kingdoms -- MB-9D9E088F7C9D6373
Race Injection -- MB-A19724E247FD4934 - Taken by Stumpokapow. 1 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-81C1CB92EF4DC01C - Taken by dante81. 1 entrants total.
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold -- MB-17EEB140E93DA8A4 - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
Razor2 Hidden Skies -- MB-B47CE10AF50EE128 - Taken by Aaron. 1 entrants total.

t1398947523z1.png

Shahadan

If people around here are interested in buying Tropico 5, be aware that Nuuvem has it for the equivalent of 20€ or $27.

Tizoc

Oh come on Playfire what about Narcissu and that one F2P game?! Those 2 aren't added as games I will be getting credit from.

I'll play some more Narcissu later today before going back into Steins; Gate

Anteater

Narcissu was pretty great, couldn't get the second story and the characters out of my head the past 2 days.

Might do another playthrough when I have the time.

Hope they discount the ost or something at some point, I might buy it.

kafiend

Some spares have been building. Apologies if any have been used. Don't think that any will be but I'm not the best organized person there is.

Have fun!

ModBot said:
Instructions for kafiend:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kafiend, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

EvilQuest -- MB-934D65423BD4DC48 - Taken by pupo
Bionic Dues -- MB-B2C9B94EE1668ACA - Taken by factorone. 3 entrants total.
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe -- MB-8709954C5A212D79 - Taken by Vince McMahon. 2 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-CAE14B8AB9C26063 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 8 entrants total.
Runespell: Overture -- MB-1AD257D15319E002 - Taken by Evrain. 3 entrants total.
Gateways -- MB-ECE361AAC302BE28 - Taken by alr1ght. 3 entrants total.
The 7th Guest -- MB-9E32C19C018E4B52 - Taken by Aitor. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Stonerid (DESURA) -- MB-FAF209F469E082BE
CID The Dummy -- MB-504A82E8AA2BCF3F - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-5EE447E5BC6A9C88
Gun Metal -- MB-AFD42F8B7B843F88 - Taken by MrSilentGuy. 3 entrants total.
Fester mudd -- MB-70D85429AF4921C3 - Taken by VaeVictis. 2 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET #2 -- MB-3C831E150D5853FC
CID The Dummy #2 -- MB-2868C2E58A17A482
ulgzbKC.png
Memories of a vagabond (DESURA) -- MB-53D3C8AA8E965DD5 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-2B07A44CB6B47946
Weird Worlds Return to Infinite Space -- MB-DEF5AA59EB0B6835 - Taken by Annubis. 2 entrants total.
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project -- MB-4047EAD15AD18BB1 - Taken by pupo. 4 entrants total.
Knytt Underground -- MB-AE464EA0A937AD1E - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers #2 -- MB-084A6C06CBE19B5C
Tobe's Vertical Adventure -- MB-03C160617ED57582
Jolly Rover -- MB-CAB885C44E29E7DB
Xotic Complete (inc. 3 DLC) -- MB-30CC5137CD7615FA - Taken by johnssy123. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Fleet Buster (DESURA) -- MB-047DF20ACEECA77C
Saturday Morning RPG -- MB-1793E838397DADC4 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
BAd Hotel -- MB-C67EF0FCB365CFED - Taken by trailmix16. 2 entrants total.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky -- MB-0C28286703410C81 - Taken by VaeVictis. 11 entrants total.
Rhytm Destruction -- MB-B37F6A16565A2230 - Taken by Dambrosi. 3 entrants total.
Humans Must Answer -- MB-18C81CA07D149936 - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.
Tales taj mhal -- MB-D7CFC3319C54CFE4 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-901F7939586E5133 - Taken by pahamrick. 2 entrants total.
Frozen Hearth -- MB-FD3BBBE9ACA02F1F - Taken by Boss Doggie. 2 entrants total.

t1398949324z1.png

Benslammin

Neo Member
First post here ever, yay.

Anyways, is that bloodrayne game any good? It looks awesome but I am not sure if I should wait for a sale or not.

Also a few note worthy games that finally got put on steam. Realms of the Haunting, a brilliant DOS era FPS/Point and click adventure with cheesy but cool live action cutscenes and a bit of survival horror tinge.

7,62: High Calibre is also a really cool and obscure russian game. It's very similar to Silent Storm but maybe not as good, but still worth it if you are a fan of those types of games. Silent Storm is also on sale, if you loved Xcom and Jagged Alliance I would highly recommend Silent Storm, although it is much slower and a bit more hardcore oriented.

Do you guys care about or paid attention to the story when you play Dark Souls 1/2?

Not really. I very much enjoy the world and the environments and some of the characters, but what little lore or storyline they trickle out is not at all interesting and requires too much imagination/speculation to be worthwhile.

DS1's story was at least a tiny bit interesting, DS2 is just terrible imo.

nampad

Thank you Benedict for I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream. The name was too good, I had to enter :)

And somebody gave away a Moto X? Damn Modbot really stepped up his game for this month. He still haven't posted my code for a key I registered like 12 hours ago though :/

edit: resend PM helped:

ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-AC831756BD4ADBA8 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 4 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for BlackSoul: Extended Edition was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1398950051z1.png

Not really. I very much enjoy the world and the environments and some of the characters, but what little lore or storyline they trickle out is not at all interesting and requires too much imagination/speculation to be worthwhile.

DS1's story was at least a tiny bit interesting, DS2 is just terrible imo.

I asked because I have little knowledge of what is happening in the game, all I know is I'm supposed to fight some guys and collect their souls.

Zafir

Do you guys care about or paid attention to the story when you play Dark Souls 1/2?
Not really in 2. Didn't play 1(tempted to go back with steamworks). I did pay attention to the lore in demons souls though and I thought that lore was pretty good in that.

Man the LazyGuys bundle has the most convoluted and overcomplicated way to get Steam keys I have ever seen. If every one of the games in the bundle would get a key, you'd have to use 15 different coupon codes and go through a checkout process with (fake) data 15 times. They even require you to enter a phone number.

Not sure that's worth it.

I asked because I have little knowledge of what is happening in the game, all I know is I'm supposed to fight some guys and collect their souls.

That's how I play DS and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
First post here ever, yay.

Anyways, is that bloodrayne game any good? It looks awesome but I am not sure if I should wait for a sale or not.

Also a few note worthy games that finally got put on steam. Realms of the Haunting, a brilliant DOS era FPS/Point and click adventure with cheesy but cool live action cutscenes and a bit of survival horror tinge.

7,62: High Calibre is also a really cool and obscure russian game. It's very similar to Silent Storm but maybe not as good, but still worth it if you are a fan of those types of games. Silent Storm is also on sale, if you loved Xcom and Jagged Alliance I would highly recommend Silent Storm, although it is much slower and a bit more hardcore oriented.

Bloodrayne Betrayal game's not bad, it's hard as hell though so if you want a challenge then you may fancy it :)

My favourite Bloodrayne game is still the very first one, killing Nazis and sucking their blood was always more fun :p

Javier23

Banned
Back when I played it, I enjoyed 7,62 far more than I thought I would. However, I stopped halfway through due to some pretty nasty gamebreaking bugs. Need to go back to it with the fan patch, see if is more playable now. Assuming it is, I recommend the game. And Silent Storm even more. A decade later, I still have to find a strategy game (besides Men of War) that can rival its damage and physics systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom