• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Look at these Rockafellers. I'm still using my carphone.

My car:

t4CeeLn.jpg

sheaaaa

Some spares from a couple of bundles, if anyone wants them

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gravity Badgers -- MB-E424C6690E36BC3A - Taken by En Ex. 2 entrants total.
To The Moon -- MB-095B7911DB6AE363 - Taken by jmizzal. 3 entrants total.
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-4DB957B26DC2C028 - Taken by Subject16. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-2F51A422C7F22BE0 - Taken by Servizio. 4 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-596E9FB3DC308CE9 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-D7405A0B0EC19A4F - Taken by Berlok. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-F28F22D758F39F16 - Taken by lordfroakie. 1 entrants total.

t1398922635z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You can't but you can always just give him/her your uplay info and let him him/her dl uplay and log in and play it if it also redeems through uplay which it should.

If you trust him/her enough that is.

The Steam versions of Uplay games need to be launched through Steam. They can't be launched through Uplay directly.

Does Child of Light have Cloud Saves? Sometimes it's listed as a feature on the storefront, but sometimes that stuff is wrong.

Realtalk though, it's so easy to implement. It makes me mad when other devs don't do it. Sometimes I wanna play at work! = (

Yes... technically. Cloud support isn't listed on the store page because it's handled by Uplay, not Steam.

jediyoshi

Shot of the new BPM community views

7V45nnM.png

RaGLHJy.png

Still looks early, but it's nice to see them branch out from just displaying web pages

Nabs

I'm pretty sure games which require 3rd party services aren't available via family sharing.

If a game requires anything outside of steam you can't share it.

Anything Uplay or Origin and the like.

Not exactly. Steam figured out a way to handle the process, it's just that Ubisoft will sometimes still lock it down.

ibtON72X2fNZ1E.png

I don't have any friends with CoL, but it looks like there's a chance it can be shared. For now.

Tellaerin

Risk of Rain is addictive.

I've been trying to decide on the next "big" game to tackle after finishing HL2 (which I thoroughly enjoyed - I can understand why it's held in such high regard today, though man, the buggy and swamp boat sequences really overstayed their welcome for me), but I still haven't been able to settle on anything. I dither over my choices for awhile, then say, "Let me mess with Risk of Rain for the time being, while I try to decide", and end up just playing that until I crash for the night. : / Well, at least I can wholeheartedly recommend RoR to anyone who's on the fence about it.

Copons

8.10 AM of Workers' Day, and I've been awake for a hour because reasons. Why oh why.

At least I'm gonna check-in here, then I'm probably gonna play OFDP with blank and vitreous eyes until I'm gonna fall asleep.

Benedict

According to Modbot, these games are still avaiable from my previous giveaways:
Giveaway #1

Dogfight 1942 -- MB-1D5AB8367D8A0C57
Shadowgrounds Survivor -- MB-004BB956C13BD360 - Taken by Saty
Reign Conflict of Chaos -- MB-8B4AC4ADFAD4BD41
Hydrophobia Prophecy . -- MB-C3BB6328AA2AB81E
Gun Monkeys -- MB-D0C4B24362947676

Giveaway #2

AirBuccaneers -- MB-366D9E01B014DEC8

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steam May sale? When? Where? Who? Why? How?!

There's no May Sale. It's a joke referencing the common question among newcomers of "When's the next sale?" That said, we're only ~2.5 months from the Summer Sale (assuming a ~mid-July start as has been the case the past couple of years).

There's no May Sale. It's a joke referencing the common question among newcomers of "When's the next sale?" That said, we're only ~2.5 months from the Summer Sale (assuming a ~mid-July start as has been the case the past couple of years).
Oh, I knew that!

J-just playing along, heh, heh!

Cry!

8.10 AM of Workers' Day, and I've been awake for a hour because reasons. Why oh why.

At least I'm gonna check-in here, then I'm probably gonna play OFDP with blank and vitreous eyes until I'm gonna fall asleep.

Bah, I've been awake for two and a half hours and we are on the same time zone and it's also workers day here
you lazy cat :)

According to Modbot, these games are still avaiable from my previous giveaways:
I suspect Modbot is glitching because I put in a request for Dogfight 1942 and it's still shown as unclaimed. My guess is someone actually got it when you put up the original post a while ago.

Copons

Bah, I've been awake for two and a half hours and we are on the same time zone and it's also workers day here
you lazy cat :)

I had to wake up cause my gf works this morning and she doesn't have a driver license and the Great Wonderful Godforsaken City of Rome doesn't provide bus service today (until much later) so I had to drive her to the nearest metro station. At 7.30 AM. A time I usually don't even know it exists. :'(

Oh btw y'all Dark Souls fanboys, maybe you'd be interested in today Qwertee deals: http://www.qwertee.com/

Knurek

Is the current main Humble the lowest grossing ever?
Can't believe they have little over 15k sales after a day.

Dr Dogg

Well it seams after Jase's massive giveaway turned ModBot into Mickey Two Times out of Goodfellas he's now become a PR shill for Motorolla.

Anyway had a play around with In Home Streaming thing morning and can't see too much difference. Will have a play around with something a bit more taxing.

Benedict

So here is my promised May giveaway.

Zombie Driver Soundtrack, Zombie Driver Apocalypse Pack, Zombie Driver HD and Crusader Kings Complete might not work.

Let's celebrate spring:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 32 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Darwinia Soundtrack - -- MB-2FFD50090DDAD1CE - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total. - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance -- MB-A10607579BB362C5 - Taken by ricochetguro. 1 entrants total.
Titan Quest -- MB-9D836AA8CC1BA453 - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Driver HD -- MB-45CDE33FCA70F1FF - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-049A73D32BDE9033 - Taken by MehsterChief. 1 entrants total. - Taken by MehsterChief. 1 entrants total.
Uplink -- MB-F1442F3758D5B1C9 - Taken by pahamrick. 1 entrants total.
Crusade Kings Complete -- MB-F51238EF993C66BF - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.
Crusader Kings II -- MB-2B02098A6417B5BD - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 3 entrants total.
Rune Classic -- MB-B32DB415A239AB61 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
Defcon Soundtrack -- MB-3D717F83E6D4BA20 - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total. - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 1 entrants total.
Darksiders II DCL Van Der Smash -- MB-CB6E7C7A06C5B60F - Taken by Arthea. 1 entrants total.
Grotesque Tactics -- MB-3764811662716255
Death to Spies Gold -- MB-D57DFCDF831920CE - Taken by fspm. 1 entrants total.
Darksiders -- MB-204231559DFE34AD - Taken by animlboogy. 3 entrants total.
HE Duality Inception Part 3 DLC -- MB-3D99687B5F6481AF - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 1 entrants total.
Darksiders II DLC Abyssal Forge [Download] -- MB-1B384FE66C26915D - Taken by Dio Brando. 1 entrants total.
Multiwinia -- MB-5E6E581F383C2CF0 - Taken by Garcia. 3 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-F663381BC147415E
Sword of the Stars II Enhanced Edition -- MB-D6E7D76B5B099B96 - Taken by cardinalmind. 2 entrants total.
Expeditions Conquistador - -- MB-9ED2721DEA20BE03 - Taken by Scipius. 1 entrants total.
Survivor Squad -- MB-ACBCAF3206391F42 - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
Two Worlds 2 -- MB-58128B2F0C03D3E7 - Taken by zeroOman. 2 entrants total.
Zombie Driver Apocalypse Pack -- MB-E53F67A4489B4B89 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.
Grotesque Tactics 2 -- MB-55CFFCF7FB4D5E8B - Taken by Dambrosi. 1 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality Hardcore Package 1 -- MB-AC16700F4D69E369
Skyward Collapse -- MB-C2F8F21D9B22A3F9 - Taken by oipic. 1 entrants total. - Taken by oipic. 1 entrants total.
Defcon -- MB-6DD6E81A66E751F4 - Taken by Shalashaska. 2 entrants total.
Rocketbirds Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-247D399C5B913B4F - Taken by Javier23. 1 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-E325268BC1F40312 - Taken by Man Puncher. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Driver Soundtrack -- MB-196A9A52B74D21E6
I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream -- MB-1AD7DE1D36DD7A5C
A Valley Without Wind 1 Plus 2 -- MB-D8BC007A3C56D2BE - Taken by _hekk05. 2 entrants total.

t1398938883z1.png

Evrain

SteamGAF, has any of you had alerts from Avira about the latest Steam beta being a virus? I got two alerts about the game overlay executable, and now am worried sick...

Danj

SteamGAF, has any of you had alerts from Avira about the latest Steam beta being a virus? I got two alerts about the game overlay executable, and now am worried sick...

I'm on the beta but I have avast antivirus, no alerts here so it's probably just a false positive. Report it to Avira and they'll probably sort it out for you.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of the DLC disabling feature it seams the common publisher for vapid DLC is Square Enix (surprise, surprise). Hitman Abs, Tomb Raider, Sleepy Dawgs (although I like it bar the gold and silver packs) and even the new Thief all have stuff worth disabling.

My plan worked perfectly!

Hahaha first Motorola next stop Warner Bros!

Cultural Victories in Brave New World are kind of maddening. At least with Science Victories there's a clear and concrete path to victory. You just need to research specific techs and then manufacture specific things and get these things to your capitol before the 500th turn.

I have never spammed so many archaeologists, worked so hard at the themeing bonuses or ground so hard towards researching the internet. Thankfully none of the other Civs built the Great Firewall wonder because that would've cancelled out the doubled tourism bonus the internet provided my empire and sunk my attempt at an Order Cultural Victory. It took a loooong time to wrest full control of the world council and I don't think I would've had enough voting power to name myself world leader.

Did it with France and five cities. No war-mongering whatsoever, although I was tempted to at many points throughout the game when I was trailing two to three other Civs. Which is also why I have 5 cities instead of 3, I needed the extra score from cities, land and population to tie with those other Civs mid-to-late game. I lucked out that game because after I went Order, nearly every other Civ in the game went Order as well. Just one went Freedom and the other went with Autocracy. There's a tier 3 Order Ideology policy that increases tourism by 34% to other Civs following Order and one of the tier 2 policies increases tourism by 34% to Civs with less happiness. My two biggest competitors went Order after I did and had empires that weren't as happy as mine. Once the ideologies were founded, I took the lead and didn't look back. Although I constantly checked the culture tab every turn from 450 on up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom