• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Maybe Battleblock Theater. Or Whispered World.

And I remember my 444th game like it was yesterday. I was young, full of energy, had flowing hair and hadn't spend my last cents on crappy bundles.

Thank you for this. I think it was Whispered World because now I have one called "Special Edition" with a tiny icon on my Grid View.

Here in Asia, You are already dead just by the overload of 4's in your profile. My mother would constantly bug me to add another or remove one just not to get a 4 on anything she buys (or anything I buy).

I've read about this as some believe it's a bad omen (is this the word I'm looking for?). I remember when people were wondering if the next Playstation would be the Playstation 4. Don't worry I plan on fixing this when possible. :)

kurahador

Here in Asia, You are already dead just by the overload of 4's in your profile. My mother would constantly bug me to add another or remove one just not to get a 4 on anything she buys (or anything I buy).

Always finds that belief to be weird TBH and I'm asian.

Visited a relative years ago and she lives on the fourth floor, but it was labeled as 3a.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Exactly, don't really care about achievements either. Aside from that one horrible, horrible Stanley Parable achievement with the baby. Genuinely getting that should earn you a personal visit from Gabe or something.
I thought that was just a small easter egg/gag without any achievements tied to it. Are you sure there's one?

Maybe people don't care about achievements either but they still want to get that 24/24 achievement or whatever on their game profile?
Does not care about achievements. Does care about getting all achievements. Does not compute.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I was working it out yesterday, if you were the "generous" soul who bought 100's of copies of Bad Rats when it was on sale for 29p to gift away just sat in your inventory then technically the card drops for a copy would sell for a little over what you paid even with the Valve and Publisher cut at current prices. You could essentially be making free money if the market stays the same. And if you get a foil? Woooooo weeeeee!!!

Give it a week though and they'll drop in price so be quick Bad Rats fans.

How would someone make free money from the extra copies he bought?

kudoboi

I've read about this as some believe it's a bad omen (is this the word I'm looking for?). I remember when people were wondering if the next Playstation would be the Playstation 4. Don't worry I plan on fixing this when possible. :)

4 is pronounced as "si"(四) in chinese which sounds very similar to "shi" (死) which means death. So there are buildings that avoid floor number 4 or floor number 14 and room 14 etc

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Would somebody help me out in Dark Souls? I'm against Queelag and I can't beat her. I tried so many times now.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
In Steam? 11th Hour, Amnesia, Dead Space, Lone Survivor, Organ Trail (zombies I know), Post Mortem, Scratches, and Shadows: Price For Our Sins. Will add DreadOut, Claire, and Costume Quest 2 to that when possible.

Off Steam? Gonna see what RPG Maker can do for me after Witch's House, so probably ib, Mad Father, Yume Nikki, and whatever else I find.

A few tread on zombie-like things but not full-on zombies, so you should be fine in avoiding them~

If you want a few RPG Maker recommendations from things I've been playing recently outside of the few you mentioned (as you should play those!):

.flow.jpg

.flow : Only play after you've played Yume Nikki, as it's a fangame based off of it. However, one of the best, and has more horror tones than Yume Nikki does.

Ao_oni.jpg

Ao Oni: Half horror, half-comedy. A very troll game (keep a guide handy), but some actually really good atmosphere, scares, and laughs. (Also has been adapted into an official manga!)

Taut.png

Taut: Pretty great Silent Hill clone (with a bit more David Lynch mixed in). The game was never finished, but it is a couple hours worth of really good atmosphere. Make sure to take the path to the police office when the path splits (longer and better of the three possible paths). I made a topic a while back on it and fixed the broken download link that existed.

There's other pretty good ones, but those I thought of mentioning as they gave me feelings of being scared. There's also this one game that has scared me a lot, but has no English translation.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Indiegamestands new deal is Glitchspace : https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Buy it guys... its a great First Person Puzzle game.
It is really short (beat it in 50 minutes) and it lacks a basic explanation of how the objects map (or whatever it's called) works, so I was stuck for about 5 minutes in the first puzzle before it suddenly clicked and I understood what to do (or actually, how to do what I wanted). But apart from that, the game is very well done.

It's still Early Access, so it isn't the final version, but what's there feels very promising. I don't regret getting this for $1.50 on Groupees at all (bought the soundtrack too).

Nzyme32

Ah, well there goes that then, haha. They could be retail subs for keys sold via Uplay itself!

Wasn't there a rumour that Uplay integration would only be a one registration for the game and dlc? If that is the case, then it could indeed be that the retail subs refer to Uplay itself... maybe..

It's easier to fix this on Steam since Bundles can immediately add a few more games "just" to avoid it.
Always finds that belief to be weird TBH and I'm asian.
Visited a relative years ago and she lives on the fourth floor, but it was labeled as 3a.
Even weirder here in my country. We are a roman catholic nation so the 13th is considered bad omen. And since we also have a quite large Chinese community so almost all floors with 4 are also removed. A good example of this is where I live now, where floors 4,13,14,24,34, all 40-49 floors are renamed. Quite silly actually.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to steam: Dreadout looks good. Might purchase that by the middle of the month.
I'll just wait for some more reviews.
Nice. Hope Saints Row 4 is there.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't there a rumour that Uplay integration would only be a one registration for the game and dlc? If that is the case, then it could indeed be that the retail subs refer to Uplay itself... maybe..

Yeah, Jshackles said Rocksmith 2014 functions like that as of a recent patch -- no client post-activation, just an in-game overlay.

Back to steam: Dreadout looks good. Might purchase that by the middle of the month.
I'll just wait for some more reviews.

I will wait for the inevitable Bundle Release. Somehow I got burned too often lately when I bought the Games, didnt play them and then 1 month later it was in a bundle

Dr Dogg

How would someone make free money from the extra copies he bought?

Well you'd have to manage an awful lot of new Steam accounts or have some very understanding (or possibly crazy) friends to help you out. Gift them to another account and idle away them cards.

Well when the game was on sale during the Winter Sale you could grab the game for 29p and currently cards are going for 12-14p (might have changed since I lasted looked) so with 3 card drops and seeing each card at 12p minus the 1p to Valve and the 1p to the Publisher you get 10p per card and times that by 3 and you get 30p so a whopping 1p profit from the cost of the game (yeah lets not factor in electricity, time etc hahahaha). Foils were listed at around £4-£8 but when I looked none had sold. Realistically prices for cards aren't anything special but Bad Rats (when it was on sale of course) is about the cheapest game you can get cards from so it's a bit odd how at the early high prices you could turn (barely) a profit.

Sub Zero

Would somebody help me out in Dark Souls? I'm against Queelag and I can't beat her. I tried so many times now.

She's tough. Have you beaten the invader near the bonfire? You can summon her at the boss fight and let her aggro Queelag, you could also try summoning other people. What build are you using? Iirc she's weak to magic and will go down pretty easily if you shoot soul arrows to her

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Also I want to state I have never cheated on achievements. It feels cheap honestly.
I did cheat once, for a specific achievement.

There's a Duke Nukem 3D cheevo for using cheats.

Yes but they know they cheated even if no-one else does. That would eat away at me if I did it. Still, each to their own.
Indeed (Hoo). I'd feel bad if I cheated in a multiplayer game, and I would also feel bad if I got an achievement by using SAM. Hell, I don't even want to use SAM to idle games, I'd rather download and launch them the ol' way.

Read that recent PC Gamer article? If not, you should. Really good journalism.
I did, and it was interesting. Still, the guy was using an external tool to have an advantage over the rest, which is bad in my opinion.

It is really short (beat it in 50 minutes) and it lacks a basic explanation of how the objects map (or whatever it's called) works, so I was stuck for about 5 minutes in the first puzzle before it suddenly clicked and I understood what to do (or actually, how to do what I wanted). But apart from that, the game is very well done.

It's still Early Access, so it isn't the final version, but what's there feels very promising. I don't regret getting this for $1.50 on Groupees at all (bought the soundtrack too).

Yeah there is some tutorial missing thats right and there isnt that much content. But its a clever puzzle game where you could learn how to program something.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
She's tough. Have you beaten the invader near the bonfire? You can summon her at the boss fight and let her aggro Queelag, you could also try summoning other people. What build are you using? Iirc she's weak to magic and will go down pretty easily if you shoot soul arrows to her

Yeah I tried to summon her, but she's an idiot, she gets stuck in lava puddles and half her health bar is gone because instead of going around, she tries to run through it. And there is no other summon sign.
My build is Dex/Str, I havent leveled up Int and Faith because they made Demon's Souls stupidly easy.

The_Monk

4 is pronounced as "si"(四) in chinese which sounds very similar to "shi" (死) which means death. So there are buildings that avoid floor number 4 or floor number 14 and room 14 etc

Thanks! I think I knew this, but it's always good to remind myself. Always learning with GAF about new things.
I do miss some Poutine Festival knowledge. Stump, please.

Sub Zero

Well you'd have to manage an awful lot of new Steam accounts or have some very understanding (or possibly crazy) friends to help you out. Gift them to another account and idle away them cards.

I don't think new steam accounts are allowed to trade or use the market at all. Only way I can see this working out is having your friends idle the game and trade you back the cards

Caerith

A few tread on zombie-like things but not full-on zombies, so you should be fine in avoiding them~

If you want a few RPG Maker recommendations from things I've been playing recently outside of the few you mentioned (as you should play those!):

.flow.jpg

.flow : Only play after you've played Yume Nikki, as it's a fangame based off of it. However, one of the best, and has more horror tones than Yume Nikki does.

Ao_oni.jpg

Ao Oni: Half horror, half-comedy. A very troll game (keep a guide handy), but some actually really good atmosphere, scares, and laughs. (Also has been adapted into an official manga!)

Taut.png

Taut: Pretty great Silent Hill clone (with a bit more David Lynch mixed in). The game was never finished, but it is a couple hours worth of really good atmosphere. Make sure to take the path to the police office when the path splits (longer and better of the three possible paths). I made a topic a while back on it and fixed the broken download link that existed.

There's other pretty good ones, but those I thought of mentioning as they gave me feelings of being scared. There's also this one game that has scared me a lot, but has no English translation.

Yeah, I prefer my zombies medium-rare, but lately they've just been over-done. Thanks for these recommendations, I'll look for them in October. (Are you going to update your list with the stuff you've posted about lately?)

What's the not-translated game that scared you? My girlfriend's a bit of a polyglot, maybe I could rope her into translating it for me. (If she's forgiven me for the Witch's House yet.)

Sub Zero

Yeah I tried to summon her, but she's an idiot, she gets stuck in lava puddles and half her health bar is gone because instead of going around, she tries to run through it. And there is no other summon sign.
My build is Dex/Str, I havent leveled up Int and Faith because they made Demon's Souls stupidly easy.

If you have a good bow try to go up the stairs that she comes down from in the start of the fight and shoot at her human part , the arrows will stagger get and she won't be able to do anything and will die eventually if you keep shooting, her attacks won't be able to reach you except her AoE I think. If you want to fight her melee, use a gold pine resin to add lighting to your weapon since she is weak to miracles, stay close to her sword arm side so that you can avoid all of her attacks except the unblockable ones and start hitting her

Dr Dogg

I don't think new steam accounts are allowed to trade or use the market at all. Only way I can see this working out is having your friends idle the game and trade you back the cards

Hahaha it's just a hypothetical possibility, I don't think anyone is crazy enough to attempt something like this as I'm sure they would have been a situation with a low tier Humble Bundle game with cards.

It's about as crazy as someone betting £5 on red, £5 on black and 1 chip on 0 on a roulette table hoping that that 1 in 36 chance comes up (not that has stopped anyone mind).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah there is some tutorial missing thats right and there isnt that much content. But its a clever puzzle game where you could learn how to program something.
To be honest, it's not strictly programming. It's just changing some objects' properties and behaviors, because you cannot chain sequential actions to be performed one by one (as far as I know, at least). But it's still entertaining, and can be a nice tool to learn how to think logically.

Tizoc

Now now, Milamber, if there's one horror game you would play it'd be this (assuming it ever gets released on Steam, but I digress)
mCGS9Tk.jpg

5De4oU0.jpg

Now now, Milamber, if there's one horror game you would play it'd be this (assuming it ever gets released on Steam, but I digress)

I tried playing that myself and the trial-and-error gameplay + unskippable cutscenes really killed it for me. I couldn't deal with restarting a confrontation 4 times and each time having to sit around and wait for a 5 minute exchange to happen only to die within a minute because i couldn't get the exact sequence of events that the game wanted right. fuck that.

Tizoc

Even though I have all Serious Sam games...not in the mood to install them for the 'Play for the first time'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom