• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Corpse Party is very interesting for what it is, but it's not for everyone. Grotesque scenes ahoy and it's honestly more of a visual novel.

That said, I do hope the Corpse Party games find their way to Steam as they were originally PC games, and I hope Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient (which is right now PC exclusive) comes to the states whenever the episodes are all done and it comes to America, and onto Steam.

640px-Dead_Patient_screenshot_2.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Yeah, I prefer my zombies medium-rare, but lately they've just been over-done. Thanks for these recommendations, I'll look for them in October. (Are you going to update your list with the stuff you've posted about lately?)

What's the not-translated game that scared you? My girlfriend's a bit of a polyglot, maybe I could rope her into translating it for me. (If she's forgiven me for the Witch's House yet.)

Known as Utahonotatari, there's two games in the series and neither has been translated. I didn't know what exactly was going on, but the hour I put into utahonotatari was creepy. The game had almost no music outside of a few scenes, and had creepy original spritework and artwork that was played appropriately creepy. I recall off the top this room with a mirror you keep entering at the start that gets creepier as the prologue section continues, and in the second main location this section where this giant creepy head pops out of this black liquid and just stares at you but quickly sinks back in if you approach it.

Tizoc

Corpse Party is very interesting for what it is, but it's not for everyone. Grotesque scenes ahoy and it's honestly more of a visual novel.

That said, I do hope the Corpse Party games find their way to Steam as they were originally PC games, and I hope Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient (which is right now PC exclusive) comes to the states whenever the episodes are all done and it comes to America, and onto Steam.

640px-Dead_Patient_screenshot_2.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Known as Utahonotatari, there's two games in the series and neither has been translated. I didn't know what exactly was going on, but the hour I put into utahonotatari was creepy. The game had almost no music outside of a few scenes, and had creepy original spritework and artwork that was played appropriately creepy. I recall off the top this room with a mirror you keep entering at the start that gets creepier as the prologue section continues, and in the second main location this section where this giant creepy head pops out of this black liquid and just stares at you but quickly sinks back in if you approach it.

Oh shi I'd love that on Steam. I'm not a big fan of horror games and the games do make me 'squick' but I enjoyed them.

Here's your answer

Nah...I'll see which game is small sized and I can unlock their cheevos after a few hours.

Dusk Golem

Welcome to SteamGA-...wait.

As the Corpse Party games all have PC versions (and originally were PC titles first) and were all brought over to America by SEED (who recently started appreciating the Steam platform last year), they may get Steam versions eventually.

Knurek

As the Corpse Party games all have PC versions (and originally were PC titles first) and were all brought over to America by SEED (who recently started appreciating the Steam platform last year), they may get Steam versions eventually.

Can't wait to see all those "Get this RPGMaker shit out of Steam 1/10" reviews if they do get released.

Leg-End

Come on Humble, flash sale The Walking Dead at some point, preferably when I'm not in bed. I feel like the only person in the world that hasn't played that game yet.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
What's going on in he..
..eeeh. Well, i'm not hungry anymore. Thanks GAF! :)

Goodday! Did anything intresting happen in the last couple of day's? An Anno sale, free copies of Prey, a spiritual succesor to Bad Rats, Rage™ scandals? Anything?

Knurek

What's going on in he..
Goodday! Did anything intresting happen in the last couple of day's? An Anno sale, free copies of Prey, a spiritual succesor to Bad Rats, Rage™ scandals? Anything?

Full Bore released on Steam, comes with Toma's approval.

Turfster

Lococycle bundle?
Humble spring sale?

Apart from that, a lot of the same old playfire drama. I thought we had a thread for that now.

Dusk Golem

What's going on in he..

IF you start craving breakfast...

Bad Rats got Steam Trading Cards a couple days ago. DreadOut released early accidentally and a few people snagged it before it went off the store page quickly in 5 minutes. Bundles! But when isn't there bundles?

Milamber

What's going on in he..

Let's see...

- A sometimes flash humble bundle
- Horror game talks
- Murder is all right as long as you don't know it's not all right (SAM legitimacy)
- Money money monnnaay.... mmmmoooonnnnaaaay!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's been funny reading about this stuff with Fantomena and Playfire. The guy is shameless lol.

I don't think people would have as much of an issue if he didn't repeatedly mention how much Steam and GMG credit he's accrued through being given "review" copies of games. And then after being called out for bragging about it, he says he'll never do it again. And then he did it again.

Dusk Golem

i can't beat the first stage in sonic spinball, fml

Sonic Spinball is hard until you really get a few things down. Trust me, it took me many tries as a kid to get past the first level.
I did surprisingly alright on the second lava stage, though the third stage was a bitch.

My suggestion is to think of the first level as a 'four corners' thing as you need to go in different directions to get all the Emeralds. Also remember you can savestate if you need too on the Steam versions of the game!

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Full Bore released on Steam, comes with Toma's approval.
Oh yeah, i've read some stuff about that a while back. It was already available on Desura, right? Anyhow, game looks really great, and Toma's Seal's of Approval haven't dissapointed me yet, so on the wishlist it goes!
Let's see...

- A sometimes flash humble bundle
- Horror game talks
- Murder is all right as long as you don't know it's not all right (SAM legitimacy)
- Money money monnnaay.... mmmmoooonnnnaaaay!
Sounds like a typical Tuesday.
Lococycle bundle?
Humble spring sale?

Apart from that, a lot of the same old playfire drama. I thought we had a thread for that now.
Oh wow, that's a ridiculous low price for Shadowrun Returns.
Looks like a pretty good sale, going to keep an eye on those.

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. :)

Anteater

I'd suggest using Retroarch or Mednafen instead of Steam for console games, since both emulators support real-time rewind. Makes all the old, hard-as-fuck games infinitely more enjoyable.

Sonic Spinball is hard until you really get a few things down. Trust me, it took me many tries as a kid to get past the first level.
I did surprisingly alright on the second lava stage, though the third stage was a bitch.

My suggestion is to think of the first level as a 'four corners' thing as you need to go in different directions to get all the Emeralds. Also remember you can savestate if you need too on the Steam versions of the game!

yea I think I'm going to use save state, I keep forgetting, I died right before I was going to press the shortcut the last run, lol.

I actually don't remember if I've beaten the first stage as a kid, I remember borrowing my friend's genesis and strangely it was the game I played the most.

Maxwood

IF you start craving breakfast...

Bad Rats got Steam Trading Cards a couple days ago. DreadOut released early accidentally and a few people snagged it before it went off the store page quickly in 5 minutes. Bundles! But when isn't there bundles?
There's one thing I can really be scared of and freak the fuck out about; freaky things happening with eye's.
So, thanks for that Gif. :/

And yet, Bad Rats getting cards is a bit more terrifying.

Copons

Eh while fantomena is stockpiling GMG cash, my Playfire forgot to log my play Planet Stronghold for the first time. :'(

Deques

Towns is to be abandoned!

Towns was an interesting little game that drew attention for a couple of reasons: it was one of the first ten games to make it through Steam's Greenlight process, and it was one of the first games to launch on Valve's platform in an unfinished, early access form, well before Valve's Early Access program was well-established.

Thoughts on this matter? Not only was this a greenlit title, it was also available as Early Access title

The reviews in Steam are negative too

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Towns is to be abandoned!

Thoughts on this matter? Not only was this a greenlit title, it was also available as Early Access title

The reviews in Steam are negative too

I say "good" and/or "good riddance". The game is a crap, buggy, unfinished mess. Most of the features from the trailer and screenshots simply can't be accomplished in game at this point (or ever, now).

It's worth noting that the game isn't Early Access, but could be one of the reasons Valve made the Early Access program. It's the definition of "unfinished product being sold as a full game".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom