• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've noticed a trend of people trying to extrapolate excessively broader criticisms from Kickstarter/Early Access/Greenlight games.

I saw someone call the Shaqfu indiegogo a "debacle" in a recent thread.

A debacle.

Dang, I misread the quote :(

It still makes the greenlight process questionable

What should they have done in this case though? Any rule they put in place needs to be applied to everything to be fair.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Millennuim keys are now up on Indie Gala (thanks to spin for the heads-up):

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Millenniun: A New Hope #2 -- MB-0310B992046A3943 - Taken by Sub Zero
Millenniun: A New Hope -- MB-17E84246387C9A7C - Taken by BinaryPork2737

Li Kao

Mmh, how do you make so that a part of your post is hidden and can be expanded when clicked on ? Like a spoiler line which when clicked become a longer chunk of post ?
I had too much free time today and did a "coming this month" thingy, but I wouldn't want to be an annoyance with a long ass post full of screenshots and IIRC this sort of function is possible.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Mmh, how do you make so that a part of your post is hidden and can be expanded when clicked on ? Like a spoiler line which when clicked become a longer chunk of post ?
I had too much free time today and did a "coming this month" thingy, but I wouldn't want to be an annoyance with a long ass post full of screenshots and IIRC this sort of function is possible.

I don't think that's possible, I'm afraid.

JaseC

Too late, by now JaseC has already bought them all.

And with that money they'll just finish the game after all and even drop it's price!

The devs could just place it in Early Access for perpetuity as Dejobaan did with 123 Kick It.

15540 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby) said:
Changed Depots 6 months ago

15541/manifests/public: 1033940720248214409 › 729135042437140018
branches/public/buildid: 131588 › 137622

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I like the game, but I could never beat it either. Is there more than one level?

On another note, I need to decide which of the new Pokemon games I want.

There is only one acceptable answer: both. I'll be dipping into my "3DS games are expensive" fund.

I never beat Sonic Spinball, but I did manage to get to the final boss once when I was younger. Never managed to beat him and haven't tried again to get back to that point.

Sonic Spinball is fun in my opinion, but fairly challenging.

Neither did I. Still fun, if really difficult.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I never beat Sonic Spinball, but I did manage to get to the final boss once when I was younger. Never managed to beat him and haven't tried again to get back to that point.

fallout

It still makes the greenlight process questionable
In what way? Shitty, unfinished games have always been an issue. The initial reception to Towns when it came out identified it as a shitty, unfinished game. I'd like to see there be a better way of dealing with those situations, but Greenlight really has nothing to do with that.

Li Kao

I don't think that's possible, I'm afraid.

qq.gif

So many hours lost...
If anything it has taught me that such coming soon list are real work, you don't snap a finger and it's done. You have to choose which games to display, which screenshot, resize them.
And it brings interesting questions with it. If the list is not exhaustive, how do you choose what is and what isn't displayed ? Do you go for a sorted by date thing ? And what about the different regions release dates ?
It was interesting, now I only would have wished it wasn't for nothing. Fuck.

JaseC

The only method of hiding content in one's post is to use the e-mail tag: [email=Words and stuff][/email], but since people would need to quote your post to see what you've written and you're posting screenshots, it's not exactly helpful in your case.

Dusk Golem

I like the game, but I could never beat it either. Is there more than one level?

On another note, I need to decide which of the new Pokemon games I want.

There's four levels, they're all rather radically different (both in looks and some level-unique mechanics).

Level 1:
Sonic+Spinball+start+of+the+game.gif

Level 2:
lavapowerhouse2.png

Level 3:
cybercity1mk.png

Level 4:
SpinballShowdown.png

All four even have bosses. Bosses were my favorite part of the game.

SpinballToxicCavesBoss.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I say "good" and/or "good riddance". The game is a crap, buggy, unfinished mess. Most of the features from the trailer and screenshots simply can't be accomplished in game at this point (or ever, now).

It's worth noting that the game isn't Early Access, but could be one of the reasons Valve made the Early Access program. It's the definition of "unfinished product being sold as a full game".
It's not good. People who paid for it will never get the full version, and being told they should buy the sequel feels like mockery from the devs.

I would never trust these guys with my money. What's to prevent them from doing it all again?

There is only one acceptable answer: both. I'll be dipping into my "3DS games are expensive" fund.
I won't buy the "same" game twice, lol. I need to think it well (and by "think well" I mean picking which box art I like the most, despite the fact that I'll be buying it from the eShop).

Terra_Ex

I found it to be brutally difficult as a kid and it was pot luck as to whether or not I'd be able to beat robotnik on the last stage (getting there was challenging enough). It was kinda fun but I think it was the first game that properly enraged me as a young gamer. I remember liking the boss on the first stage. Definitely Sonic's most challenging outing for me.

Caerith

Corpse Party is very interesting for what it is, but it's not for everyone. Grotesque scenes ahoy and it's honestly more of a visual novel.

That's a disappointment. I prefer horror to work the nerves, not churn the stomach.

Not the visual novel part I mean, I like those.

Known as Utahonotatari, there's two games in the series and neither has been translated. I didn't know what exactly was going on, but the hour I put into utahonotatari was creepy. The game had almost no music outside of a few scenes, and had creepy original spritework and artwork that was played appropriately creepy. I recall off the top this room with a mirror you keep entering at the start that gets creepier as the prologue section continues, and in the second main location this section where this giant creepy head pops out of this black liquid and just stares at you but quickly sinks back in if you approach it.

I skimmed a LP of it. I'm not sure what's going on either, but I'll keep an eye out for if it gets translated.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Full Bore -- MB-D9083EFD47289A81 - Taken by tylergregg. 33 entrants total.
Huntsman -- MB-9754618D5990C68A - Taken by Vastag
Takedown Red Sabre -- MB-A196224570C696E9 - Taken by Volimar. 3 entrants total.

t1399484335z1.png
Got another Full Bore key thanks to Desura/IGS and threw some other game in there as well that probably not a lot of people want. Anyway, good luck!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I played a little Full Bore last night, it's a fun little puzzle platformer. Looking forward to getting a little deeper
hee hee
into it.

all that horror games talk reminded me i've been wanting to watch a good horror movie for like forever

last thing closest to that was a weird ass canadian zombie movie called pontypool. it wasn't so bad until the zombies showed up

my grace!
All this horror games talk makes me want them to release the older silent hill games on steam already :( Preferably completely fixed out of the
virtual
box. I'm looking at you SH2 >.>

dragons.jpg

Li Kao

- WHAT YOU MIGHT PLAY IN MAY 2014 -
[Travesty of a list version >_> - If this is too much of a nuisance, tell me and I trash it all.]

Age of Mythology (Extended Edition)
DiOeroh.jpg

Always Sometimes Monsters
sFZwrGl.png

BattleBlock Theater
14rJ02R.jpg

Bound by Flame
qkAEASO.jpg

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends
mdkDBk8.jpg

DreadOut
TgRCaPm.jpg

Fantasy Grounds
BRyLMgg.jpg

Ibb & Obb
ozG4ES2.jpg

Killer Is Dead: Nightmare Edition
9NrsiYe.jpg

Memento Mori 2
OASqQ9q.jpg

Richard & Alice
LHZDbF6.jpg

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure
EX5B78Y.jpg

The Forest (Steam Early Access)
yOc47Vi.jpg

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II
gm7vkIK.jpg

Transistor
mpGip4h.jpg

Tropico 5
97waEj1.png

Watch Dogs
RzeeioT.jpg

Wolfenstein: The New Order
GTJk5bf.jpg

Dusk Golem

all that horror games talk reminded me i've been wanting to watch a good horror movie for like forever

last thing closest to that was a weird ass canadian zombie movie called pontypool. it wasn't so bad until the zombies showed up

my grace!

Pontypool is interesting, they're zombies but not zombies as they're more
based around the sound of voice, and is spread not through biting but by talking.

Of course, it all depends on what you feel like watching, but if you haven't seen any of these yet, a few good horror films I can recommend off the top of my head is Tale of Two Sisters (Korean Film that's often on Netflix), Kairo [aka Pulse] (Japanese film that has some really creepy imagery), Shutter (great Thai horror), End of the Line (if you want something a bit more hammy B-Movie horror, American film), Splinter (indie monster movie horror film from America with a very fascinating monster), Session 9 (good horror movie about a mental asylum from America)...

There's a lot more and those aren't the niche I'd recommend if you're a film veteran, but all mentioned are fantastic films in their own right.

Colin.

Hopefully it worked, first time doing a give away with a key directly from Steam, if it didn't just send me a PM and I'll sort it out.

It worked just fine. I was already tempted to get it, so coming on to see that I won was a nice surprise. Thanks for the giveaway!

zkylon

zkylewd
i think my problem with this new age of horror games is that i wish they had better characters. watched the rev3games let's play of outcast and like been hearing awful things about that jessica chobot game and i'm sad they're screwing up the story part with weird aaa formulaic secret society shit.

i dunno i want a 3d horror game with lone survivor like story

Pontypool is interesting, they're zombies but not zombies as they're more
based around the sound of voice, and is spread not through biting but by talking.

Of course, it all depends on what you feel like watching, but if you haven't seen any of these yet, a few good horror films I can recommend off the top of my head is Tale of Two Sisters (Korean Film that's often on Netflix), Kairo [aka Pulse] (Japanese film that has some really creepy imagery), Shutter (great Thai horror), End of the Line (if you want something a bit more hammy B-Movie horror, American film), Splinter (indie monster movie horror film from America with a very fascinating monster), Session 9 (good horror movie about a mental asylum from America)...

There's a lot more and those aren't the niche I'd recommend if you're a film veteran, but all mentioned are fantastic films in their own right.
session 9 i really liked, i kept asking all my friends who it was that recommended it (since the girl i knew that was in charge of feeding me horror movies left my film class) but could never find out who it was.

if the others are something along those lines that would be great

zeroOman

[Travesty of a list version >_> - If this is too much of a nuisance, tell me and I trash it all.]

DiOeroh.jpg

sFZwrGl.png

BattleBlock Theater
14rJ02R.jpg

Bound by Flame
qkAEASO.jpg

mdkDBk8.jpg

DreadOut
TgRCaPm.jpg

Fantasy Grounds
BRyLMgg.jpg

Ibb & Obb
ozG4ES2.jpg

9NrsiYe.jpg

Memento Mori 2
OASqQ9q.jpg

Richard & Alice
LHZDbF6.jpg

EX5B78Y.jpg

yOc47Vi.jpg

gm7vkIK.jpg

Transistor
mpGip4h.jpg

Tropico 5
97waEj1.png

Watch Dogs
RzeeioT.jpg

GTJk5bf.jpg

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing look great and the type of game I like

JaseC

<snip>

I'd wrap the images in the quote tag. Not because they're big, but because they then won't be included when somebody quotes your post... as has already happened.

DiOeroh.jpg

sFZwrGl.png

BattleBlock Theater
14rJ02R.jpg

Bound by Flame
qkAEASO.jpg

mdkDBk8.jpg

DreadOut
TgRCaPm.jpg

Fantasy Grounds
BRyLMgg.jpg

Ibb & Obb
ozG4ES2.jpg

9NrsiYe.jpg

Memento Mori 2
OASqQ9q.jpg

Richard & Alice
LHZDbF6.jpg

EX5B78Y.jpg

yOc47Vi.jpg

gm7vkIK.jpg

Transistor
mpGip4h.jpg

Tropico 5
97waEj1.png

Watch Dogs
RzeeioT.jpg

GTJk5bf.jpg

ooh, Tex Murphy

Li Kao

I'd wrap the images in the quote tag. Not because they're big, but because they then won't be included when somebody quotes your post... as has already happened.

Oops, didn't know that it works that way, done.

Edit - You people want my death.

zkylon

zkylewd
out of that list it's transistor for me and watch dogs some day when it's cheaper.

bound in flame is maybe interesting as i liked mars war logs but you know i can wait for price

and well wasteland 2 and dead state

Levyne

Banned
Wolfenstein is going to be great. Believe

(I could see it being not so good, but hopefully that won't be the case!)

Transistor and Killer is Dead seem like two games that could be pretty cool and release at a fair pricepoint. Probably will pick those up.

Slightly curious about Battleblock and DW8 as well.

Dr Dogg

Hahahaha and that is why I always quote my pics.

Still looking very rosy for the near future Steam wise (my poor, poor backlog).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom