• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li Kao

OH WOW. I didn't know about Fantasy Grounds. Is this better/worse than NWN in table-top roleplaying? Probably better because it can do GURPS/D20/etc.?

Shame you can't "solitaire"/play-test campaigns by yourself since it requires two people (DM and a player) to do the campaign apparently.

Well, to be precise, Fantasy Grounds is a software that has been available for several years. It's new to Steam though.
As much as I can tell it's not really comparable with NWN, Fantasy Grounds is just a set of tools to make pen & paper rpg sessions more enjoyable on a PC. And lastly, it wasn't listed for size purpose, but it seems like the software will have DLC on Steam, each one adapted to some of the big p&p rpg played these days.

- Call of Cthulhu
- Castles & Crusades
- Pathfinder
- Savage Worlds

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Look what Playfire did to me:
achievementso8dt5.png

Didn't even want to play it, then I got one achievement, which would ruin my statistics, so I said: Ok, let's do this
LEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOY JENKINSSSSSSSSS

In the end it was a pretty cool game. It even had a riddle you had to solve to "win the game". Also noticed, the game has unobtainable cards. Game is F2P and has no DLC, from reading the community hub I get that the dev didn't know about this F2P = no cards stuff.. :/

If he removes the game from sub 0 and uses the free licence system instead, there'll be card drops. See: L4D2.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just think of them as extras. I know some are picky with what's in their Library, but in the end also can weigh it in as more for less. However, I guarantee you Racing Transformed and Generations are good games that may surprise you.

aMEofpR.gif

...No. Tried the demo for both. They aren't Mario Kart, Crash Team Racing, or (shock and horror) Blur for me. The transformation sucks and there's something "off" about the controls for me.

Got nothing on Generations, but I don't really need "Nu" and Old Sonic together.

fantomena

So I know Valve makes it easier to refund a pre-rodered game. If I for example pre-order Transistor and If I choose to cancel the pre-order, will the money go instantly back to my Steam wallet?

Many games on my wishlist in 1 bundle.

Bundlestars > Humble Bundle

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

QuestRun -- MB-4C641C851A3D5E73 - Taken by Tizoc. 7 entrants total.
Fortix 2 -- MB-17590AEAE94CDF94 - Taken by AsylumX. 2 entrants total.

t1399480154z1.png

Li Kao

Guys, as I can't follow the post-rate in here over night, I don't know if the theory has been corrected or not: one Gaffer said yesterday that there could be a sale coming as Spacebase DF-9 discount lasts for 6 days.
Could it be ?

Yes, I know we will know soon enough, just wanted to know if this line of thought is solid.

JaseC

Guys, as I can't follow the post-rate in here over night, I don't know if the theory has been corrected or not: one Gaffer said yesterday that there could be a sale coming as Spacebase DF-9 discount lasts for 6 days.
Could it be ?

Yes, I know we will know soon enough, just wanted to know if this line of thought is solid.

There's no incoming sale: publishers have been able to set their own discounts since February. Spacebase's discount will last a week because Double Fine wanted it to last a week.

Shit just got real:

gaming_god62fdv.png

Hooray!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Does anyone know how long it usually takes for customer support from Humble Store to respond back beyond the automated message?

Edit: Congrats Knurek.

Ah Fortix series, the best Inspired-By-Qix titles out there today. Well worth getting I or II if you can, it's just fun and has dragons.

Indiegamestands new deal is Glitchspace : https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

Buy it guys... its a great First Person Puzzle game.

I do love first person puzzle games, so I'll definitely have to get this. Thanks for sharing.

I feel compelled to quote this post from another thread because these games are fucking awesome.

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/battleground-bundle/

For $3.99 you get Steam codes for:
- Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
- Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty
- Commandos 2: Men of Courage
- Commandos 3: Destination Berlin​

Those games were so goddamn good, especially Commandos 2. I never played 3. Great price for some classic games.

Listen to this person, be saying correct things about one of the best stealth game series you can ever have on Steam.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fortix 2 (this is a great QIX clone) -- MB-A1A03D2C556A9AC2 - Taken by Leg-End
QuestRun (this is a kind of iffy instant runner) -- MB-C283E3EFA85A7B24 - Taken by -MD-

Li Kao

There's no incoming sale: publishers have been able to set their own discounts since February. Spacebase's discount will last a week because Double Fine wanted it to last a week.

Oh a very good point, I had forgotten about the new price rule. You mean the offer will last 6 days but there will be a new offer today nonetheless ?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89833998/1370799971371.gif

I know. I just can't get into them. I really don't get the hype. Blur really deserved better, IMO. It's probably the "closest" to Mario Kart for me.
Until they screwed around with the "shunt"/red-shell dodging mechanics and made it slightly harder to do.

JaseC

Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Gomo -- MB-1505BBAB767CD397 - Taken by Saty
CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-F977336C1C1A1EC1 - Taken by VikasNarula
QuestRun -- MB-384C24BA0CB8AACA - Taken by Deques
Fortix 2 -- MB-CB5C2500D3C7ADF5 - Taken by Benedict
Adventure Park -- MB-D9962E409FE44BA8 - Taken by topyy
Rescue: Everyday Heroes US Edition -- MB-975A9FDF4AD46926 - Taken by Nabs
Gray Matter -- MB-32D189D60284F581 - Taken by Anteater
Zooloretto -- MB-26C80E58B4AD72D3 - Taken by dave is ok

Oh a very good point, I had forgotten about the new price rule. You mean the offer will last 6 days but there will be a new offer today nonetheless ?

Yes, there'll be a new featured Daily in ~25 minutes.

Terra_Ex

Congrats on 1000 games, Knurek.

For a second I was like: "Woa woa a sequel for a cool DS game on the PC, and number 3? what the..."
Infinite_Space_Cover.jpg

Even more as "Sea of Stars" is a term used on the DS game!
This was my first thought as well, then reality came crashing down. I'm already at my quota of space themed games to play anyway but what's the deal with all the cats on the community screenshot page?

This has probably been posted, but I found it pretty accurate.

w4NdYLD.png

Remember a time when games like Ikaruga couldn't get on Steam? Yeah, that was awesome. I'm not going to say the Store front is perfect or anything, far from it, but when it was curated, they did kind of a shitty job of curating it.

Knurek

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

QuestRun -- MB-4967EDB1F3046362 - Taken by Consequence. 7 entrants total.
Fortix 2 -- MB-0AB7CA34C78595A2 - Taken by Saty. 3 entrants total.
t1399481915z1.png

Spares, enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom