• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

maty

Just finished Bad Bots for the playfire rewards. The game is quite monotonous, mostly because enemy variety is lacking. There are no challenging platforming sections to change the pace a bit, it's all about destroying robots.

The game starts as you wake up from cryosleep and you learn that the spaceship AI turns evil and starts killing the crew or something like that. Anyway, your mission get out of the ship and blow everything up.
You have 2 weapons at your disposal but only your secondary weapon can be changed for others you find along the way.

In the beginning I found the game quite easy in medium difficulty but nearing the end you get several (consecutive) rooms that you can not leave until you defeat every bot which are a pain in the ass, especially when you get to the robots with knives. Not only there are too many robots but if you get stuck between them you are done.

The game would greatly benefit from a map, getting lost is not a problem but it'd be better to know exactly where you are.

It took me 5 hours to beat it. After that a harder difficulty was unlocked but I guess that would make it even more frustrating. There also some extra challenges I'll try later if decide to get all achievements.

In the end Bad Bots offers nothing special so I wouldn't recommend it, it's just mediocre.

Dec

Yeah, I can see the site when I delete the site's cookies and don't sign in. But the moment I log in to check my balance, I get Superman's friendly face staring back at me. This is on both Firefox and IE on my PC, and my mobile phone's browser too. (Edit: And Chrome too.)

Now I know that a 500 error is server-side, so I'll probably open a support ticket about it, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do.

Flush DNS, reboot router? Could also be a temporary problem on their end, or their ISP. I run into those sometimes where a site works for all friends but not for me, then an hour later works fine.

The is it down site has a comments section that people sometimes use.

MUnited83

For you.
Bound by Flame " Added AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting – false"

Welp, waiting for 75%off it is. Pisses me off when they put this kind of restrictions on subs that didn't have it to begin with.

Caerith

I loaded up Darksiders 2 to see if I could grab a few more achievements. I played 25 hours of it before putting it down a while ago, and was halfway through the second world when I just got tired of it. Lately I've been playing Kingdoms of Amalur, which is pretty similar.

Darksiders 2 is an action game with RPG elements-- levels, skill points, fetch quests, and random loot. Amalur is an RPG-- levels, skill points, fetch quests, and random loot-- that plays like an action game. Both have open worlds, both have fast travel. Both were released by developers who got shut down because their publishers didn't know how to handle money. Darksiders has a horse and you can jump and climb, Amalur has towns and pickpocketing and a ton of content.

I won't knock Darksiders 2 for not being as robust an RPG as Amalur-- it's an action game first and foremost-- but Amalur is a better action game. You spend a lot of time running in Darksiders 2: whether on foot or on horse, you're spending a lot of time in long open areas with nothing to do except take in the scenery. Amalur doesn't have a horse, but you run pretty fast and you're never more than thirty seconds from a fight and, perhaps most importantly, the combat is a lot faster, more varied, and more fun.

I'll post a full review when I finish Amalur, but I'd really recommend it to anyone who's enjoying Darksiders 2 (or tried and disliked it). It doesn't go on sale often or predictably, but keep an eye open for when it does.

Dambrosi

Banned
Flush DNS, reboot router? Could also be a temporary problem on their end, or their ISP. I run into those sometimes where a site works for all friends but not for me, then an hour later works fine.

The is it down site has a comments section that people sometimes use.
Tried both, still seeing mild mannered reporters.

I've created a support ticket with GMG, hopefully they actually bother to answer it.

HoosTrax

Whelp.

I just got back from the last graduate school class of my life. Thus ends three years of balancing school and work (company was paying for my degree).

Now that that's done with...on to NG++ in DS2! Woo!

Where's a "so good" meme pic when you need it.

Whelp.

I just got back from the last graduate school class of my life. Thus ends three years of balancing school and work (company was paying for my degree).

Congratulations. :)

Whelp.

Congrats on the huge accomplishment :)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just updated Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome to 6.1.1

This is a maintenance release that just fixes a few bugs. Changes include:

• Fixed a bug with account total not being correct for Russian currencies
  • Fixed a bug on homepage layout due to a change made by Valve
  • Fixed a bug where the "popular" tab wouldn't always show correctly
  • Fixed a bug where the market summary would display incorrectly due to a change made by Valve
This version should update automatically within the next 60 minutes.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Whelp.

Congrats!

Dambrosi

Banned
Whelp.

Congratulations, and good luck with NG++. You'll need it.

r3n4ud

Whelp.

Nicely done! Oh, and congratulations on finishing graduate school :)

chixdiggit

I made a huge mistake and bought Endless Legend. I should have known better after my problem with the Civ series. Oh well, I'm kind of getting used to 3 hours of sleep a night.

waby

Man, Pressurizer is great, I finally have everything properly organized! :D
steam_categorieswokrm.png

Need to get that before my steam library explodes.

Whelp.

That is pretty amazing, NG+ is a toughie

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just a few spare keys I had.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mutant Mudds Deluxe #2 -- MB-61448A74850F1859 - Taken by bronson. 2 entrants total.
Shufflepuck Cantina Deluxe -- MB-366337015D03E3BC - Taken by Henry Swanson. 2 entrants total.
Gun Metal -- MB-FB01F1D917FA2B8C - Taken by Pakkidis. 1 entrants total.
Mutant Mudds Deluxe -- MB-FBEDD6B114464CE9 - Taken by r3n4ud. 5 entrants total.
Major Mayhem -- MB-4C6E4C4AEA959E36 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Gun Metal #2 -- MB-588AE452F7BD96C7 - Taken by legacyzero. 1 entrants total.
VVVVVV -- MB-489B127CCC00EC51

t1399517061z1.png

Grief.exe

Whelp.

Nice Hoos! I will be going through that ordeal in a couple years.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Apparently everyone who got DreadOut from Indiegogo will be getting their Steam keys tomorrow.

Will stream the game and give impressions here tomorrow.

Thanks for Knytt Underground, JaseC!

In your honor, I went to the theatre and watched
The Grand Budapest Hotel. Saoirse was delightful in it

Whelp.

THE REAL LIFE STARTS HERE

denx

I finally got a gaming capable laptop. That means that now I actually can play stuff like Planetside 2, Battlefield 3/4, Natural Selection 2 and the like at reasonable resolutions (bye bye 800x600! I'm actually kinda going to miss you). Still have to get Crysis 3 to properly benchmark it.

But yeah, I'm pretty excited.

I finally got a gaming capable laptop. That means that now I actually can play stuff like Planetside 2, Battlefield 3/4, Natural Selection 2 and the like at reasonable resolutions (bye bye 800x600! I'm actually kinda going to miss you). Still have to get Crysis 3 to properly benchmark it.

But yeah, I'm pretty excited.
Congrats, what's the spec?

Whelp.

Congrats

So-Good-James-Franco-In-Spider-Man-3.gif

One of my friend ask this query in other fourm, hope anyone can help in this.

I am looking for free steam key for Age of Mythology Extended edition due to be released soon. The reason I am seeking for free key is that I had bought AOE , and AOM before and after few months the support and updates from Microsoft stopped , as a result it lead to waste of money, the new update looks promising but I can't update the game I have to repurchase the game again, So Even though I wish to play the game very badly still not motivated enough to purchase it again.

denx

Congrats, what's the spec?

i7-4700MQ, Geforce GT 750M, 12 GB of memory, 1 TB hard drive, Windows 8.1.

Sure, it won't play games at max graphics, but I wasn't looking for that anyways. I just wanted a laptop that could actually run modern games and give me some leeway for the new generation games.

Dambrosi

Banned
Apparently everyone who got DreadOut from Indiegogo will be getting their Steam keys tomorrow.

Will stream the game and give impressions here tomorrow.
Ooooooh, I'll definitely tune in for that.

...does anyone even say "tune in" anymore for broadcast media? I haven't heard it said in years.

i7-4700MQ, Geforce GT 750M, 12 GB of memory, 1 TB hard drive, Windows 8.1.

Sure, it won't play games at max graphics, but I wasn't looking for that anyways. I just wanted a laptop that could actually run modern games and give me some leeway for the new generation games.
I had super hard time maintaining 30 fps on low graphics with my 3610QM and 660m in Planetside 2, how did it run on your laptop?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ah OK reducing the Shadow quality ups the frame rate, so now it's running at smooth 60 FPS~

Yeah, the highest shadow quality setting is buggered, offering absolutely no discernible improvement over the penultimate one but nonetheless incurring a massive performance penalty.

Thanks for Knytt Underground, JaseC!

In your honor, I went to the theatre and watched
The Grand Budapest Hotel. Saoirse was delightful in it

I've still yet to see it :(

denx

I had super hard time maintaining 30 fps on low graphics with my 3610QM and 660m in Planetside 2, how did it run on your laptop?

It runs super smooth at medium settings at 720p on areas where there isn't much action going on. While there is some frame drop on areas with intense battles going on, it isn't really distracting, so I guess it's hovering around 60fps during battles.

But then again, I'm bad at catching these things by eye, so I'll need an app that keeps track of FPS during gameplay to be sure.

Milamber

Guys, I bought some Putt-Putt games on CD a while ago but forgot that they do not support it anymore. Can I get a free copy of the Steam version?

Guys, my "friend" has the full Kings Quest series on floppy disks, but Sierra is no longer around to support it. Can I, err I mean my friend, get a free Steam copy?

maneil99

The equivelent to what your asking is me buying Killzone 1 and expecting or asking for a free hd version because it came out after I bought a 10+ year old game.
Its not even the same bloody studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom