• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I just wanted an excuse to tell people that Super Crate Box is free. Tis a fun game.

Yes it is, yes it is! Jedi Outcast feels good, and you can make Kyle do exactly what you want. Controls are perfect.

And I agree about the saber being much better than in TFU. The latter feels like an arcade brawler, while the former has a more "realistic" combat style, with different attack stances, combos and techniques. Not to mention running along walls, which I'll never get tired of.

Regarding lightsaber duels, they went from levels with a single boss battle in JK1 to a lot of encounters during the normal levels in JK2. I used to hate that in the latter because I couldn't beat a particular guy during my first playthrough, and I don't remember if I ended up running away or killing him with my guns. But then I learned how to fight better and I could stand my ground (although I'm still no pro). It's funny how bad I was during that first playthrough; so much that I even missed
getting into the AT-ST in one of the latter missions, so I did it all on foot. It was hard as hell, and to this day I still can't understand how did I manage to beat it that way nor why didn't I realize I could enter the thing.

Yeah, I'm pretty bad at the lightsaber combat now. I used and abused the quicksave/quickload so much while replaying Outcast. Despite being pretty awful at it now, I had a lot of fun playing through it again. And now that I've played Jedi Knight, I actually understand what the Valley of the Jedi is, sort of.

Playing Jedi Academy right after beating Jedi Outcast makes Academy feel somewhat strange. I had completely forgotten about Jedi Academy's mission structure. Jedi Outcast probably has fewer locations but the levels are much larger, whereas Jedi Academy has you darting all over the place. Still the whole create-a-character and ability to decide whether your character is light or dark side is kind of neat. Right now Luke is worries that my future is clouded. Dunno if I'll go light or dark side yet. I remember there being more options for lightsabers. Dual wielding, double-sided and larger, single sabers. I guess that will take a bit, I'm just completing the first few missions where I'm still Kyle Katarn's apprentice.

You're thinking of TXAA. SMAA is basically FXAA without the texture blur.

Thanks, I was reading the PCGW page for Darksiders 2 and it suggested SMAA was for Nvidia cards and I knew that couldn't be right. So many AAs and I'm not savvy enough to keep track of them all.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Had no idea Super Crate Box was on Steam. Probably one of my favorite simple games ever.

Does it actually activate to your account or it's like those f2p games that disappear when you uninstall?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does it actually activate to your account or it's like those f2p games that disappear when you uninstall?

The latter. I wish Valve would remove all full games from sub 0 and make free licence subs for them instead.

Playing Darksiders II for credits and it's pretty fun so far. I'll probably get the low hanging fruit and switch to Darksiders. What's the best difficulty for DS1?

You knew this was coming
icg99jzqw9xqglnyg5.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam Gift. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

NBA 2K14 -- MB-306F168C5CE0DA68 - Taken by Reg. 46 entrants total.

t1399535707z1.png

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fortix 2 -- MB-A07F6E9854ED9876 - Taken by Yakkue

Tellaerin

OT but, now that Power Rangers movie basically confirmed, Micheal Bay is the only perfect director I can accept to direct it.

The Japanese are already complaining that American Godzilla is too fat. I don't even want to imagine what they'd have to say about a Power Bayngers movie.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Playing Darksiders II for credits and it's pretty fun so far. I'll probably get the low hanging fruit and switch to Darksiders. What's the best difficulty for DS1?

Normal's probably pretty enjoyable. I don't think difficulty scales anything but health/damage. I seem to recall going through it on hard as being mildly frustrating in spots, but I don't think I ever contrasted it with normal or easy, so it might end up being boring without the higher difficulty? I mostly remember being annoyed with losing to gangs of normal enemies every so often, but not any real bottle necks.

Tellaerin

Well the new American Godzilla does look fat.

He's not fat, he's just big boned! :p

Would you prefer Guillermo del Toro?

I think Del Toro might actually deliver a Power Rangers movie I'd be interested in seeing, I'll say that much. I mean, you'd basically be telling the man, "Make a movie about giant robots, strange monsters, martial arts and magic." Seems like it'd be right in his wheelhouse.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
OT but, now that Power Rangers movie basically confirmed, Micheal Bay is the only perfect director I can accept to direct it.

And Acti the perfect publisher to bankroll a tie-in!
And Saoirse Ronan for Pink Ranger. :p

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
He's just more iguana-shaped now. At least he has legs that look like they'd actually function.

aku:jiki

Holy shit and wow at the Paranautical Activity dev behavior. The idiocy of announcing what they did and the arrogance with which they did it, right after Valve had to scramble to repair the Earth: 2066 situation, is just absolutely amazing. These guys hate making money and can't stand having a good relationship with Valve, apparently.

Deques

Holy shit and wow at the Paranautical Activity dev behavior. The idiocy of announcing what they did and the arrogance with which they did it, right after Valve had to scramble to repair the Earth: 2066 situation, is just absolutely amazing. These guys hate making money and can't stand having a good relationship with Valve, apparently.

What happened there?

Arthea

funny story: I posted that booster pack disappeared from my inventory few days back, it did. I went to steam forums and it seems it is known occurrence, usually it reappears a few minutes later, mine reappeared almost 3 days later! (><)

DocSeuss

What happened there?

A few pages back. Basically, as far as I can remember, he's always been easily annoyed/uptight with people; now he's blaming other people for his problems, taking his ball, and going home. Kinda a Phil Fish situation, except Fish was actually a genius who made a brilliant game.

DocSeuss

One thing I don't really get is why any indie dev would want to do all their community stuff on the Steam forums. If/When my project goes live, I'll check out the Steam forums for bug reports, but largely stick to my own site/Twitter/etc, I think. I don't like 'em now, don't think I'll like 'em in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom