• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
funny story: I posted that booster pack disappeared from my inventory few days back, it did. I went to steam forums and it seems it is known occurrence, usually it reappears a few minutes later, mine reappeared almost 3 days later! (><)

Where did it go? And what did it bring back?

F2EVB9V.gif

Nabs

RavenValor posted this link earlier in the thread. The devs are abandonding their early access game, attacking their customers for wondering why, threatening to beat up critics and generally being awesome people.

I always laughed at the people who bitched about them having to go through Greenlight. These devs have always been like this.

Sajjaja

Playing Darksiders II for credits and it's pretty fun so far. I'll probably get the low hanging fruit and switch to Darksiders. What's the best difficulty for DS1?

DS1 is pretty much a downgrade in every way I warn you. I finished most of it right before I started DS2 for playfire and I couldn't finish it. It's certainly not bad, but it's just really average and too long for its own good imo.

Knurek

DS1 is pretty much a downgrade in every way I warn you. I finished most of it right before I started DS2 for playfire and I couldn't finish it. It's certainly not bad, but it's just really average and too long for its own good imo.

It's more of a Zelda though, and I believe the general agreement is that the dungeons are better designed in the first one FWIW.

Knurek

you realize that I had this booster pack before, and it was snatched from me without any reason whatsoever?!
Portal 2 booster pack no less! (I have no badge of it still)

just checking

Check what exactly 'to go down on someone' means. ;)

Arthea

I don't wanna modbot it, as it's most likely used, but if someone wanna try, just quote this post and I'll pm you The Cat Lady Desura key

My badge page is broken again. 'Twas nice while it lasted.

I feel for you, it's gotten better for me, but I couldn't access it for weeks when we had Tuesday every day.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Aww the Sonic Hits Collection was only $7 for a day? I had it in my cart but didn't check out until now. Oh well.

aku:jiki

I'm clicking around the Paranautical situation at work and this is apparently the response to them being called out on stealing assets for their game:

mbaxE6Q.png

This is the "troll post" that set him off. Dude's just hilariously psychotic.

_hekk05

Banned
Just got an imported red JPN DS4 for 87.9 (USD 70.35 w tax, 65.73 w/o tax).

The local Sony store sells them for 60 usd w/o tax but they've been sold out for 3 months with no restock in sight. Store lady tells me JPN is eating up all the coloured controllers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It is the same for me. It breaks from time to time. Sometimes I wonder if I got too many games to be listed in one page

Yesterday was the first trouble-free day I'd had in months. I thought Valve had finally tracked down the cause, but alas.

JaseC

I thought you are not into badge crafting?

With Enhanced Steam you can order the badge list by highest drop value (regular cards, not foils), which saves me combing through Phox's site for a game (bizarrely, there's no option to hide the games for which you've used up all drops).

aku:jiki

Wow. Now I feel vaguely bad I own the game somehow.
I've been digging myself deeper too and the whole thing is insane. They're beating women, stealing copyrighted material, breaking Kickstarter terms, refusing to change their false advertising and they're actually bribing youtubers to do let's plays of their game.

Is this literally the worst dev team ever? I'm pretty amazed over here.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
DreadOut Length: (someone asked me to post about this once I knew an estimate)

From friend and people on Steam, it looks like DreadOut (the Act 1 part releasing in a week) is 8-10 hours long. My friend told me that's how long it took him, and a few other people on the Steam forums who have completed the game have taken 9-11 hours to finish it.

So looks like 8-10 hours is how long you can expect DreadOut (Act 1) to be.

JaseC

Hitman Abs "Elite Edition" incoming. In typical Squeenix fashion the Eastern European and Asian subs are region-locked up the wazoo (ACRTAG and OARIC).

Dr Dogg

Remote downloading/installing Assassin's Creed IV now. Still don't know if it's a good idea.

Worth it alone for the comedy glitches. Just make sure you have a save game contingency in place (same goes with all Uplay cloud save games really). Looking at my playtime on Steam it's the most I've put into an AC title and that's not counting the 40+ hours on my Uplay copy. Then again Wind Waker is my fav Zelda.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Hitman Abs "Elite Edition" incoming. In typical Squeenix fashion the Eastern European and Asian subs are region-locked up the wazoo (ACRTAG and OARIC).

So, all of the DLC and the Sniper challenge included?

Seems rather pointless.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
With Enhanced Steam you can order the badge list by highest drop value (regular cards, not foils), which saves me combing through Phox's site for a game (bizarrely, there's no option to hide the games for which you've used up all drops).

I got confused for a second, but I assume you mean that there's no option on Phox's site rather than in Enhanced Steam, because there's definitely an option there to do that.

JaseC

Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Millennium: A New Hope -- MB-4D288CA943F3EB1D - Taken by Mavromatis

So, all of the DLC and the Sniper challenge included?

Seems rather pointless.

Presumably, yeah. Professional Edition + DLC + Sniper Challenge.

I got confused for a second, but I assume you mean that there's no option on Phox's site rather than in Enhanced Steam, because there's definitely an option there to do that.

Correct.

JaseC

JC can you buy me Dark Souls 2?

Haha, the Millennium key is just a spare from the IndieMeadow bundle from a while back. I'd forgotten I'd bought it (and the Full Bore one, but no key for that just yet).

Edit: Oh wow, what a patch:

carmagettinoutofhereg6j9x.jpg

20GB installed now.

Tizoc

Well the new American Godzilla does look fat.

Godzilla's always been fat.
...but in all seriousness, it's because all Japan's been exposed to is slim bishis, moesluts and loliwhores, that anything that's buffier is just fat to them.

PUT THAT ISH ON EARLY ACCESS!
...but seriously XSEED need more staff, non the less, good luck and godspeed in getting the game fixed up ASAP.

Milamber

Don't do this to yourself man!

I was doing pretty well considering my entire 2014, back to back, consisted of...

- Being 80% done with Brotherhood before a fatal CTD that ate my save. Youtubed ending.
- Being 25% done with Revelations before a fatal CTD that ate my save again. Youtubed ending.
- Finishing AC III just yesterday to a questionable final sequence, terribly long credits and a hanging epilogue.

Dr Dogg

I was doing pretty well considering my entire 2014, back to back, consisted of...

- Being 80% done with Brotherhood before a fatal CTD that ate my save. Youtubed ending.
- Being 25% done with Revelations before a fatal CTD that ate my save again. Youtubed ending.
- Finishing AC III just yesterday to a questionable final sequence, terribly long credits and a hanging epilogue.

4 AC games in a year followed by Watch_Dogs? Yeah good luck dude but I have the feeling by the end of the year we're going to hear a news story about you going postal scaling to the top of every building to get a better view, trying to collect random objects out and about town and jumping on innocent pedestrians.

Knurek

resonancec6z2l.png

Really loved the game, I've played just about every other Wadjet Eye game (save for Primordia, which is further down the line and newest Blackwell) and Resonance was a clear winner. I'd even say it can stand proud when compared to better LucasArts/Sierra games.
Proper puzzles with multiple solutions plus mostly optional logic/Mystlike puzzles, intriguing (if a bit underused) conversation system, well thought out achievements, interesting story with a plot twist that I generally did not expect.

Lovely, albeit low-res artwork as well, although I must say I preferred jazzy music from later Blackwell games. Voice over using standard Wadjet actors (heck, Abe Goldfarb voiced three characters, which was an overkill IMO) with special guest performance by Bastion's narrator. The commentary mode was also great, had entries from both main designer discussing the actual design process and Gilbert pair commenting on their executive meddling. About 2 hours of additional content, I'd say.

Extremely recommended if you're even remotely interested in point and click adventure games. It's currently priced at $9.99, should be a no-brainer buy whenever it's discounted to $4.99 or less.

Card Boy

Banned
resonancec6z2l.png

Really loved the game, I've played just about every other Wadjet Eye game (save for Primordia, which is further down the line and newest Blackwell) and Resonance was a clear winner. I'd even say it can stand proud when compared to better LucasArts/Sierra games.
Proper puzzles with multiple solutions plus mostly optional logic/Mystlike puzzles, intriguing (if a bit underused) conversation system, well thought out achievements, interesting story with a plot twist that I generally did not expect.

Lovely, albeit low-res artwork as well, although I must say I preferred jazzy music from later Blackwell games. Voice over using standard Wadjet actors (heck, Abe Goldfarb voiced three characters, which was an overkill IMO) with special guest performance by Bastion's narrator. The commentary mode was also great, had entries from both main designer discussing the actual design process and Gilbert pair commenting on their executive meddling. About 2 hours of additional content, I'd say.

Extremely recommended if you're even remotely interested in point and click adventure games. It's currently priced at $9.99, should be a no-brainer buy whenever it's discounted to $4.99 or less.

Just clocked this aswell afew days ago aswell. Amazing. Dat twist with you know who.

There was one puzzle i needed help from Gaffers with that had different numbers for each play through which got me suck for almost 2 hrs.

Play Primordia its amazing.

rip in peace
Milamber ????~2014

Tenrius

Oh, I didn't realize Tesla Effect was already out. Some damn good stuff coming out on Steam lately: KR0 Act III, Tex Murphy, Transistor pretty soon.

resonancec6z2l.png

Was it in some bundle and is there any chance for some spares? 25 people on my friend list own it, there must have been a bundle. Anyway, I'll look forward to getting it on the summer sale.

Knurek

Just clocked this aswell afew days ago aswell. Amazing. Dat twist with you know who.

Oh yes, totally wasn't expecting that to happen, even after being spoiled by the commentary mode that something will happen.

There was one puzzle i needed help from Gaffers with that had different numbers for each play through which got me suck for almost 2 hrs.

Well, I'm always playing pnc games with a guide/hintfile handy, I tend to be awful at pixel hunting and/or adventure game logic, and I find consulting a FAQ makes me enjoy the game a lot more than being stuck for an hour or so. YMMV of course.

So I've been playing Deus Ex HR and I'm really enjoying the game.

Is it worth getting the Director's Cut? I heard the graphics are improved, and some characters models are almost PS2 level so they could use an upgrade.

And do the older Deus Ex still hold up?
And yeah, I'm not going to even talk about that turd called The Fall.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
And do the older Deus Ex still hold up?
Yes.

The original is still great. Never played Invisible War, but I haven't heard one good thing about it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom