• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | May 2014 - every time improve protection Steam Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Click "only negative"

Wait... huh? What is this then?

ljd8HVN.png

aku:jiki

Woohoo, I won Jamestown! Of all the raffles I've won, this is my favorite. <3

Any thoughts on Aerena? It looks interesting but Im not a big MOBA fan
MOBA? It's a turn-based strategy game. Decent enough, but I didn't like the super-small and simple arenas.

Uthred

MOBA? It's a turn-based strategy game. Decent enough, but I didn't like the super-small and simple arenas.

The games description on Steam compared it to LoL and DOTA, so I assume it was MOBA-like, thanks for the impression, I'll check it out

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Jshackles himself said here that it only counts first 50 or so reviews.

That thing shows 100% positive for most games because of that.

Close - it shows the percentage of the 50 most helpful reviews.

Valve continues to ignore my requests to make review data accessible via the API. Until that happens, this is the best I can do.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Enhanced Steam is showing you the score from the top 50 most useful reviews; all a 100% positive review percentage means is that people downvoted negative reviews.

Parsnip

What's the word on those Darksiders 2 playfire rewards? Anything there that's doable in one day? If yes, that might be the next game I'll play.

Also 1849 is unpolished and need improvement but the idea and the execution is great. I wish somebody with real experience on the genre helped that dev and make that game into Caesar 3 of wild west.
Hmm, I expected some posts to pad this space but now I look like I'm over-zealously bumping this thread.

DukeBobby

I didn't get any playfire credit for Dark Souls 2.

104 hours wasted.
Not really, but still annoying.

Anyway, I need something new to play. I'm tempted to buy the Outlast DLC, but I think it'll be on sale soon.

Nzyme32

I don't know, it makes me cringe in both. Now cheerleaders and Sport's Illustrated's Swimsuit edition REALLY makes me cringe.

*shrugs*

I'm the same. In gaming in particular, since they are almost always way over the top, it make me feel like I'm playing or looking at a game that is made for some weird teenager. Hate it.

Dr Dogg

Well with today's UT announcement and a sale on I have the sudden urge to rendownload 2K4. Knowing my luck PlayFire will have a load of UT III rewards soon.

vermadas

Anyone have any impressions on Forced? I'm looking for a good couch co-op game and it seems like it has a good mix of action and puzzley content.

Tizoc

What's the word on those Darksiders 2 playfire rewards? Anything there that's doable in one day? If yes, that might be the next game I'll play.

Off the top of my head, the following can be done within a 1 day playthrough of 3-4 hours
*Using Fast Travel
*Getting 1 Possessed Weapon leveled up (it needs to increase by 1 level only to get the cheevo, do not sell any of your equipment to get this asap)
*Getting the Reaper form cheevo is done by reaching Level 6 or wherabouts
*Giving an item to a friend on your friendlist is also do-able but they need to be playing Darksiders 2 at the same time I think

The remaining cheevos can only be obtained either via new game+ or late game.
You can get the first Possessed Weapon upon visiting the dungeon after finishing Fire and Tears of the Mountain dungeons. The possessed weapon is in a chest in that dungeon.

104 hours wasted.

Anyway, I need something new to play. I'm tempted to buy the Outlast DLC, but I think it'll be on sale soon.

In my case, it would update with the cash rewards 4-5 days after I've gotten them >_>;

104 hours wasted.

You should probably put in a ticket. Mine took a little long to start registering, but all have since showed up. You should be able to screenshot that the cheevos were unlocked during the allowed time.

Gotta get them cents.

Annubis

Part of me wants to get DA:O because it's a good game and having it on Steam would make me give it another go.
Then there's the other part of me who remembers that in the end, I hated every party member in the game and that just kills a lot of the fun.

Stil a fun game though...
*inner debate*

I'm the same. In gaming in particular, since they are almost always way over the top, it make me feel like I'm playing or looking at a game that is made for some weird teenager. Hate it.

Sadly a lot of games are made for adolescent males [of various ages]. My favourite example was in Xenoblade Chronicles. It was so blatant that it was hilarious.

Parsnip

Off the top of my head, the following can be done within a 1 day playthrough of 3-4 hours
*Using Fast Travel
*Getting 1 Possessed Weapon leveled up (it needs to increase by 1 level only to get the cheevo, do not sell any of your equipment to get this asap)
*Getting the Reaper form cheevo is done by reaching Level 6 or wherabouts
*Giving an item to a friend on your friendlist is also do-able but they need to be playing Darksiders 2 at the same time I think

The remaining cheevos can only be obtained either via new game+ or late game.
You can get the first Possessed Weapon upon visiting the dungeon after finishing Fire and Tears of the Mountain dungeons. The possessed weapon is in a chest in that dungeon.
Sounds good enough.
Played a bunch of the game on 360 back when it came out, it's high time to go back to it.

Tizoc

Sounds good enough.
Played a bunch of the game on 360 back when it came out, it's high time to go back to it.

Set the Shadow quality to 0 so the game runs at 60 FPS, for some reason High Shadow quality messes up the frame rate for some reason.
Other than that, with a good enough rig, game looks nice but the 60 FPS is delish.

rtcn63

I watched an entire (commentary-less) playthrough of Harverster. The game is strange and the dialogue fairly unique, at least among other strange "adventure" titles. I liked it.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Humble Night Dive Studios bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Wizardry 6: Bane of the Cosmic Forge
  • Wizardry 7: Cruaders of the Dark Savant
  • Shadow Man
TIER 2: 5$
  • I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
  • Harvester
  • The 7th Guest
TIER 3: 9$
  • Wizardry 8
  • System Shock 2
  • The 11th Hour

This is a pretty amazing bundle.

Well, not buying that bundle posted this morning, buying this one for Harvester. Now I can experience what it's like to play as a kidder first hand.

This is like the fourth or fifth time that Bioshock Infinite has been on sale and its Season Pass has not been, it has been discounted once by mistake. All of its contents are 33% off in this current sale but that makes buying both Burial at Sea Episodes more expensive buying than the Season Pass. I'm just going to stop looking now every time the game is on sale.

I think I've purchased one season pass where it felt it was worth it at full price, Borderlands 2. That's it. I got a free character class and 4 sizeable campaigns. Every other Season Pass, including the Arkham games, has been mediocre or downright terrible and I'm glad I've paid nothing more than 5$ for most of them.

Waku

When did the Amazon Payment Option on the Humble Store go the way of the Dodo? It's there with the Bundles but on the actual store i only get CC and Paypal as Payment Options.

Is my browser fucking up? Regional thing? Whats going on, i wanted to buy Rogue Legacy. :/

Also thanks for Hoard, n8. Appreciate your giveaway.

Close - it shows the percentage of the 50 most helpful reviews.

Valve continues to ignore my requests to make review data accessible via the API. Until that happens, this is the best I can do.

Did you see, and perhaps reply to, my question about the serious sam hd: the 2nd encounter store page not showing any of the ES achievement stuff?

This game looks kind of interesting.
Focus publishing it automatically makes me thinks it's guaranteed B-tier though.

I'll let you know... I should set it to start downloading since there was no preload.

The humble keys are all separate, except for Wizardry 6+7

Good to know if I decide to grab it for Harvester.

--

I'm lazy -- what bundle was "cognition" episodes 1 and 2 in?

When did the Amazon Payment Option on the Humble Store go the way of the Dodo? It's there with the Bundles but on the actual store i only get CC and Paypal as Payment Options.

Is my browser fucking up? Regional thing? Whats going on, i wanted to buy Rogue Legacy. :/

I've just checked and Amazon payments option is there for me, along with Buy with Google, CC and Paypal.

Copons

Also 1849 is unpolished and need improvement but the idea and the execution is great. I wish somebody with real experience on the genre helped that dev and make that game into Caesar 3 of wild west.
Hmm, I expected some posts to pad this space but now I look like I'm over-zealously bumping this thread.

I've played it for a couple of hours, and I wouldn't say it's unpolished.
I mean, it has some rough edges, but all pretty much negligible to me.
Like:
- some control weirdness (if you hit ESC it exits fullscreen, but ingame there is no way to get it back, so you have to go to the main menu options);
- some resolution issues (if you zoom all in, it's all blurry - and I hope they have hi-res assets for a future update);
- the trade management, that could allow some automations, because after a little bit it's kind of painful to have to sell stuff every single time you have them in stock.

As for the game it is basically Caesar 3 but - at least apparently - without combat (at least for now?) and routing. Which, for me, it's great, because I always loathed how C3 routed people on the most annoying path possible.

So, for who doesn't know what it was about:
you build a wheat farm, wheat must be processed by the bakery to make bread, bread is consumed by people (repeat for lots of other resources);
people starts living in slums, but if they have access to bread, they improve their houses, then they need lumber to improve them, then wine, and so on;
people pay rents to you (that grows with the quality of the housing), but at the same time you have to pay them wages to work; so if there are too many workplaces and too crappy housing you'll lose money, and if there is too much unemployment people go down the crime path, which is thwarted by the sheriff.

So, basically, it's a micromanagement game, where every single piece is a small gear who makes the entire mechanism run.

As for now, the difficulty doesn't seem too steep (except one scenario that was REALLY painful, I don't know why), and I've yet to see all the buildings available, but I guess after 2 hours it's Copons approved, which means huge amounts of lots!

This is like the fourth or fifth time that Bioshock Infinite has been on sale and its Season Pass has not been, it has been discounted once by mistake. All of its contents are 33% off in this current sale but that makes buying both Burial at Sea Episodes more expensive buying than the Season Pass. I'm just going to stop looking now every time the game is on sale.

I think I've purchased one season pass where it felt it was worth it at full price, Borderlands 2. That's it. I got a free character class and 4 sizeable campaigns. Every other Season Pass, including the Arkham games, has been mediocre or downright terrible and I'm glad I've paid nothing more than 5$ for most of them.

snagging the bioshock infinite season pass for $5 during the winter sale was one of the best deals ive ever gotten. People have some pretty mixed opinions of Burial at Sea but I was quite entertained.

Grief.exe

104 hours wasted.

It generally takes about 24 hours for the rewards page to reflect the achievements earned. I would suggest checking here first if the achievements registered. https://www.playfire.com/a/rewards/own

From there, it can take a large amount of time for this to be translated over to actual GMG credit. Sometimes you need to add the EVE online 14 day free trial in order to get the credit to transfer over.

If you have checked your account page and tried the EVE trick, and still don't have any credit. Contact Playfire support, they seem to get things sorted quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom